• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Dollhouse

Hidden away in a wardrobe is a dollhouse, furnished with the most beautiful pieces of furniture that anyone, doll or human, could ask for. Every doll inside the house is perfectly looked after, being treated daily to hand-sewn clothes and shoes, all made with love. This perfect dollhouse is not the plaything of a little girl, though, it is an escape from reality for a severely depressed teenager named Linda. The dolls within that house are her sole comforts, the only ones who get her through each day. You are but one of Linda's many dolls...

-----------------------------

Ruby Rabbit giggled to herself as she admired her brand new outfit in the mirror. Linda had really pulled out all the stops this time; she'd made her a lovely pink frock, embellished with ruffles and lace, and even a tiny silver tiara. How lucky she was to have such a wonderful owner...

She walked into the living room, to show all her friends her new outfit.

"What do you think of my new outfit, guys?"

"Wow! It's so super adorable, Ruby!"

Giggling to herself was a teddy bear plushie, kept in the dollhouse with the others, from Linda's baby years. The poor stuffed creature was covered in stitches from all the accidents that had occurred over the years, but she didn't seem to mind them much.

Looking over the rabbit's outfit, Neverland, named after the Disney movie, couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. What Ruby wore was much fancier than her own clothes, which were merely a simple yellow sundress, and the bear wondered how the rabbit had wound up with the outfit in the first place. It even had a tiara! Linda wasn't picking favorites, was she?

"You're so lucky, Ruby! That outfit really looks great on you. You think Linda has any extra pairs?" She giggled, imagining herself in a dress like that, a tiny tiara placed atop her soft head.

(OOC: Just tell me if I should change something here, alright? I love the idea for this RP.)

"I think Linda plans to make one for you, too, Neverland," Ruby added, "She picked up some yellow satin from the craft store, and I think she plans to start work on a dress for you when she gets home from school!"

Linda wasn't one to pick favourites at all. No, all of her precious dolls had to have the best of everything; the prettiest clothes that she could make, the nicest furniture that she could afford...Even real working appliances. For her birthday that year, Linda had begged her parents to buy a tiny oven, that really worked for her dolls. Though they thought it a little strange that their fifteen year old daughter still played with dolls, they relented, and called someone in to install it.

"Really, I should be the one who's jealous of you, Neverland. Linda's making you a bracelet, and a little gold tiara to go with it!"

Last edited:
Grandma Irene was named after Linda's grandmother, Irene. She was one of the eldest dolls, literally and metaphorically. Linda had gained Irene at a young age. Grandma Irene acted as the mother hen of the group, she was often dressed in black or white, depending on how Linda felt. Grandma Joan sat in her armchair, her hands in her lap.
"It is a lovely frock." Grandma Irene said with her smokey voice. Grandma Irene looked at her wrinkled hands and then at Ruby's youthful face. "Oh, to be young." She said.

((OOC: Had to look up a pic of my character, so here she is! (The white one. Just imagine it with multicolored stitches.))

BIC:
Neverland's bead eyes widened in surprise at the news. "Is she really, Ruby? Oh, I love that girl so much!" Now unable to sit still, excitement almost literally coursing through her nonexistent veins, her ears moving about in their places on her head. "But really, Ruby, you look great in that outfit. Really!" she added, not wanting anyone to think she was turning all the attention to herself, although she could get the picture of herself in gold out of her mind.

Glancing over to the eldest of the dolls in the small (well, to humans, anyway) house, the bear grinned stupidly for no reason whatsoever. For whatever reason, she loved the way they spoke, their remembrances of their young age. The rainbow-stitched girl wanted to say that she could relate, but she was not so sure.

Back to Ruby, Neverland looked, the grin once again becoming genuine.

(OOC: I've got a picture of what Grandma Irene might look like here)
BIC:
Grandma Irene picked up her miniature cane and used it to heave herself up. Irene was a very delicate toy, she was a small china made doll with grey hair. (which she always covered with a hat of some sort) "Ladies, I must head to my bedchamber, it is 5:40 and I must change into my evening attire. Adieu." Grandma Irene sashayed to the kitchen, her room was just next to it, this was because Irene could not very well walk up the stairs without another member. She went into her room, and sat on the bed, she removed her hat and opened her wardrobe. She looked through her dresses and found a small box at the bottom. She opened it, forgetting what was inside. Inside were a dozen vinyl records, with a young Irene's face splashed across them in monotone glory. Irene slid one of the black records and placed it on her gramophone. She waited for it to start. A small crackle began, and then the beautiful tones of Irene Windsor-Davenport played the aria from "The Magic Flute." A tear splashed down onto her porcelain face.