• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Distant land; RP

• Thread starter Deleted member 227971
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 227971

Join here! : https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-distant-land-role-play-discussion.20408/#post-708593

Astrapini stalked a young stag close by, Cliff trailing not far behind her. The stag was no bigger than that of a large dog, but it would make a small meal. Astrapini pounced, her white fur glinting in the moonlight. Cliff pounced too, almost missing, but managed to land on its flank, digging his razor sharp claws into its flesh. The stag stumbled into a heap on the ground, Astrapini delivering the final blow. Cliff chuckled. "We make a good te-"
"No!" snarled Astrapini "We are not a TEAM, we are two different animals hunting the same prey with one of them stalking the other and it's FREAKING ME OUT!! Look, Cliff, I don't want this. I want to live alone, you hear me? ALONE!"
And with that, Astrapini picked up the stag and walked off to her cave, leaving Cliff in the middle of the clearing. "Goodbye, i guess" He said

Kevin looked around the forest while grunting. Great. He was lost. 'This is going to be hard...' He thought. The young Lianti climbed up a tree and started to rest, curled up in a small ball as he snoozed.

Flake was happily sleeping on a sunny rock when a bird woke her. She hesitantly gave it a swift blow to the head, killing it, and started to pluck out its feathers to eat. 'I wish I could be a vegetarian' She thought, taking a small bite out of it. 'But survival seems to depend on eating birds like these...'

Mystic, or Othello, as she preferred, was sat in her cave, scanning for intruders or any other Khetzian that may be around. Life seemed lonely, but she didn't mind. The masked fox crawled out of her den, yawning, and sat down, looking for some easy prey.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Acacia was in a small part of the rainforest, her dark blue eyes scanning the area for prey. But no prey was around. “Hmm, they must be in the forest, or maybe a clearing.” She jumped into a tall tree, and then jumped into the air to fly. Her leaf wings were flapping rapidly, and she flew towards a clearing in a forest. Acacia landed on the ground softly, her tail brushing a nearby bush. She spotted two Azurius Glacewings who Acacia thought they both just had a argument. Her red forked tongue flicked in and out, tasting the air for any of the Azurius Glacewings.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Adolphine was in the sky, flying around. She was quite bored, and Adolphine simply sighed. She then glided her way back to the ground, her bat-like ears twitched in curiosity. “I’m so bored!” Adolphine whined to herself, and she padded around the forest for awhile.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Frost wondered through the forest, he saw Flake nearby and stopped he had been out hunting and he was bringing his food back. He thought about saying hi, he decided against it and walked past the rock where she was and sat by a tree, he lay the food he had down, he had caught a rabbit and a mouse, he had eaten the mouse in the way here, but he now started to eat the rabbit, he couldn't help glancing at Flake.

Kiara was running through the woods, she was being chased by a group of Azurius Glacewings. Suddenly her psychic sensing caught a life force ahead of her, she couldn't pin point what it was but she ran towards it, knocking a tree down to block her pursuers. She reached where she had sensed the life form, but crashed directly into the fox-like creature (Othello).

D

Deleted member 227971

"What...? HEY! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" Screeched Othello angrily. The small fox looked behind the tree and sighed. "Azurius Glacewings, eh? Gotta hate those guys..." Mystic shot a ball of dark energy towards them, causing all three of the Glacewings to turn-tail and run. "So, what brings you here?" Mystic studied the creature. "Never seen anyone like you before...wait...you're a Kelitrona. I remember when you guys got wiped out. Seems like only yesterday I was fighting with you guys, only to lose an eye..."" She admitted. "Hungry? I caught a Otanipin earlier, we can share, if you want"
-------------------------
Flake looked over to Frost and smiled. She got up and walked over to him, her small tail twitching. "Hi Frost" She said "Nice catch" Flake looked at the rabbit and sighed. "I can't help feeling sorry for my prey though. I wish I could only eat berries and leaves, but everyone knows we Lianti would die without eating meat." She looked down at her paws nervously, then walked over to a blackberry bush, stripping off a few berries into her mouth then snapping a twig off, being careful not to catch her fur on the brambles. "Want one?" She asked.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Acacia watched as one of the Azurius Glacewings left the other one behind. She took a step forward, before cowering back into a bush. “Would a Azurius Glacewings make a good meal? But I shouldn’t attack one all alone...” She spoke in her usual quiet voice, and Acacia placed her talon on a branch. The branch then grew all over her talon, like as if someone was holding her talon. She smiled and closed her eyes, still thinking.

-~-~-~-~-

Adolphine saw some Azurius Glacewings run last her, fear in all their eyes. “Whoa, watch it!” She snarled as one bumped into her. But the Azurius Glacewing didn’t reply, it just ran to catch up with the rest of it’s group. “Weird...” Adolphine said as she sniffed the air. Some strange scents filled her nose, and excitement filled her up. She followed the scent, curiosity overtaking her.

Ari walked through the forest at speeds of 100 Miles Per Hour while his Xantholos mentor Hrodger ran ahead just a little faster than him. Suddenly, Hrodger stopped and fell to the ground, his chest heaving. Ari immediately stopped and said, “Are you alright?”
He had never been one to believe in the myths Hrodger told him, of Xantholos that could see the future and of a great doom. Suddenly, Hrodger’s eyes opened wide, and he said, “The doom is coming.”

Zodia trotted through the forest at an even pace, staring forward at nothing in particular coming across another Khetzian. "For I surmised our species was sentenced to death, although it seems another has drawn breath. Might I question the purpose of thine presence, for the sake of determining thine adherence?" He asked, spacing out his words akin to a poet. His empty eye sockets seemed to be examining Othello.

D

Deleted member 227971

Othello/Mystic sensed another Khetzian and looked behind her. "Oh, bother" She murmured under her breath. She looked at the other masked fox and asked "And who are you supposed to be? I thought we were as dead as the Kelitrona, but whelp, here we are. And why? Why for god damn sake are you talking in rhyme!?" Othello had not seen any other Khetzian since she was a mere cub, but knew the missing flesh was all part of the look. She vaguely remembered some other Khetzian she had seen a while ago even smelt like rotting flesh, even having parts of him rotting to the bone, but that was not the point. How on earth did this other guy get here!? He looked older than her, but she couldn't really tell, because Khetzian aged differently to most creatures.

Ginny woke up with a big yawn from her small cave, being part bear, part lion, she would often bask in the sun like her lion side, or den in caves like her bear side. The good thing about this hybrid was hibernation, she had no real need to do it unless she decided she wanted. She thudded out of her dark cave, entering the warm outside. She saw various species in the distance, but decided not to mingle unless they came to her, she liked to stick with her own species, not that many were left. She stalked a squirrel scurrying down a tree, pouncing as it tried to run back up. “Hello, you lovely squirrel.” She chuckled, opening it up to chew its fresh meat.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kiara looked at Othello, "if you wouldn't mind sparing the food, I'm famished and exhausted from using my psychic abilities. She glanced back to the fleeing creatures, "they been chasing me for a while now, there were more with me but now it is just me." She sighed deeply and sat back looking around, "you wouldn't happen to know where we are, I got a bit turned around". She looked hopefully at Othello as the other Khetzian arrived.

Frost turned to Flake, taken aback slightly, "oh sure thanks" he said taking a berry", he thought about what she had said about killing prey and said "well I've never really thought about it, I just catch it, kill it, eat it" he coughed slightly as he ate the berry, it was an interesting taste, he didn't think he could live off them though, he looked at Flake "so you're basically a vegetarian at heart, except you need the meat to survive. That's cool."

Zodia continued to study her, the empty eye sockets showing no emotion before chuckling, seeming to echo with a thousand other voices. "Is it not a crime to express oneself as they please? Thine attitude suggests thou disagrees." He said before turning to the Kelitrona. "Greetings, young one. It is a pleasure to be in thine presence firsthand, although I am afraid I must ask why thou treads upon this land." He paused for a second. "Thou art a Kelitrona, correct? It seems as though the sands of time are slow to take effect."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Acacia then took a deep breath while taking her talon off the branch. She exhaled and whispered a thanks to it before walking over to the Azurius Glacewing. Acacia looked at the creature, and then she was able to find her voice to speak. “Are y-y-you okay?” She stuttered in a shy tone.

-~-~-~-

Adolphine spotted two creatures in the forest, one of them was on the ground while the other seemed surprised. The creature on the ground looked like a horse with six legs, and the other animal looked ever so slightly like a Sand Cat. She ran over to them, excitement and concern overflowing her. “Are you guys okay? What’s wrong?”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 227971

Cliff looked at Acacia, a little shocked. “Hey! Who are you?” The black furred creature looked at Acacia and smiled. “The names Cliff” he said with a sneaky look in his eye.

———————

Othello gave Zodia one last looked and shrugged, returning to the inside of her cave and started eating the Otanipin, strips at a time. So what if there was another Khetzian? There was probably loads more, at least, she hoped.

—————————

Flake looked at Frost and sighed. “Yep, that’s probably it.” She said “I don’t eat meat much” Flake took another Berry off the twig, swallowing it quickly. Just then, a gust of cold wind blew over her, sending a chill down her spine. “It’s cold... Want to come to my den? It’s warm in there, I started a fire not long ago...”

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Acacia recoiled a bit when Cliff spoke to her. “I’m... A-A-Acacia...” She replied quietly. Acacia then smiled to herself, and stood more confidently. “That’s a nice name... Cliff...” She circled her tail around herself, with some grass growing with more speed underneath her.

Ari immediately moved away from the excited animal. He was painfully shy and didn’t respond. After a little while of silence, Hrodger managed to get up and say, “Do not be afraid, Ari. She is one of the prophecied.”
Ari, who still had never believed Hrodger’s tales of prophecies, got over his shyness enough to say to the newcomer, “Don’t listen to him. He is old and crazy. My name is Ari, and this is my mentor Hrodger. What is your name?”

Yin snuck around in her smoke form, searching around for anything unlucky enough to become her prey, when she spots a small Lizard-like creature.
"Easy does it...crouch down, and..." She pounced on the Creature, turning to her Normal form. Opening her mouth wide, she grasped the Creature, depriving it of any life. Once she was sure it was dead, she began to eat the Creature. "One animals offspring is another animals meal." She muttered, continuing to devour the Creature.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Adolphine tilted her head to the side when the six legged horse-like creature spoke of a prophecy. “Prophecy? I’ve heard others say that about me...” She whispered to herself when the other Sand Cat looking creature talked. Adolphine looked at him, “Well, nice to meet you Ari and Hrodger.. my name is Adolphine!”

“Um... it is nice to meet you too, Adolphine.” Replied Ari quietly, but Hrodger tortured him more by saying, “We were just practicing our running speeds, do you want to run with us?” Then he seemingly changed his mind about that and said, “Well, actually, how fast can you run? You probably won’t be able to keep up with us.”

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kiara turned to Zodia, "yes I'm a Kelitrona, but seriously, I can barely understand what your getting at could you try explaining" she sighed deeply and sniffed the air and tensed, "their coming back and there are more of them this time". She prepared to use her psychic abilities.

Frost turned to Flake, "oh, yeah umm, if you don't mind" he said and followed her to her cave sitting inside, it was nice and warm in the cave, not that the cold really bothered him but it was nice all the same, "umm Flake when did you decide you preferred berries to meat" Frost asked.

D

Deleted member 227971

Flake sighed “When I was a kit, my mother brought back a jackrabbit for us to eat. The look of fear in its eye... The fact it probably had lots of it’s own somewhere, now dying made me never want to see it again” she said.

——————————

Astrapini walked through the forest, still dragging the stag when she came across Ari, Hrodger and Adolphine. “Great.” She murmured, sitting in a bush and waiting for them to go, unexpectedly making quite a lot of noise.

Hrodger, who heard (or maybe sensed) the other creature nearby immediately said, “We are being watched. It is another one of the prophecied, maybe we should go talk to them.”
But, before his mentor went over to speak with the incredibly dangerous creature hiding in the bushes, Ari began getting into his running position and said, “I smell Azurius Glacewing. You of all people should know how dangerous they are from your last encounter with them, Hrodger. We should leave immediately, whether they are part of your stupid prophecy or not.”
Hrodger responded with a “But-“ and was cut off by Ari, who said, “What if they don’t believe you or your prophecy and just try to kill you? We need to go.”
So, with that Hrodger took off at half speed since he was still tired out from running before (about 40 MPH), and Ari easily kept up with him and didn’t go ahead.

Once she had finished with the Creature, she began looking around for more Prey in her Smoke form.
"Alright...so all I need to do is...Huh?" She stopped and looked in the direction in which she heard talking, followed quickly by Sounds of running. From the sound, she could guess that it was two Animals. She Sniffed around, but only got the Scent of dead lizard.
"Probably some Lythenwhelpin's." She said, turning to the opposite direction in search of Something else.