• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Daycare Service

"What a Shiny!!! That's like a 1 in 2 million chance!! Lucky!" Diamond smiled, he examined the Eevee. You know what! He doesn't need 7 eggs! Hell get one!" Diamond shouted.

Midnight woke up, meeting face to face with the newly hatched Eevee. "..." He didn't respond but he was surprised to say the least.

"I guess? Sort of?" She said as the egg was thrusted into her arms. Honestly, she couldn't draw worth jack, but this was just a brown base coat with a white…ish… zigzag down the middle. She couldn't possibly botch it up that badly. However, she could still use a bit of help. Calling out her girafarig and beckoning for Sergei to come over, she started.

Just by opening the paint, Sergei knew this wasn't going to end well.

While the brown liquid certainly wasn't toxic to Pokémon, it sure dried fast, coating his beak in a hue of brown. He worked quickly, using the tips of his wings to slaughter the lucky egg in thick, brown pigment. Soon, it was done, and not too shabby at that, but there was one problem. Aside from the Talonflame being a huge mess, the paint was already about one fourth gone for one egg, and they needed to do seven? This just wasn't going to add up.

Placing the finishing touch on the first egg that Sergei had started with a white zigzag down the middle, Hannah held up the egg with Psychic and admired her work. Despite minor colour difference, it looked great. Now they just had… she sighed… "S-six more to go," she said in Pokémon, clearly nervous.

Kimberly was secretly glad that the girafarig had blazoned the zigzag. With psychic tweaking, it was near perfect. Of course, there were still a few errors, but nothing was perfect in nature, right? Grabbing her paintbrush again and more of the pigment from the quickly emptying brown bottle, she continued. Hopefully the three of them could get the rest done before the trainer got there.

To say the least, Sergei was happy to see the egg hatch. A shiny nonetheless! Despite the fact that he did nothing at all to help, he beamed, giving a happy, shrill chirp.

Aria smiled "its ok Diamond ...how about you beat him up too"Aria smiled at him " hey Diamond how about i let you name him"she incited.

Draco laughed at Midnight then made his tail tickle Amtestyst "hehe got you"

Eevee looked at Midnight and he licked his nose

"No way! I only named Midnight and Amethyst for very specific reasons! Midnight because he evolved during Midnight. Amethyst because when she evolve Pink was the first thing that came to my mind. And Amethyst is Purple. I misunderstood that." Diamond sighed.

A tear shed from Midnight's eye, as he smiled. Amethyst started giggling. "Stop It!" She cried.

Kimberly stopped painting the egg and have a sigh of relief at the change of plans. "Hannah, is it dry?" She asked, stopping herself from reaching out for it.

Flipping it over with psychic prowess, the giraffe Pokémon really couldn't tell. It wasnt dripping, so that had to mean something. Hannah shrugged in the best way a giraffe could, not able to give an answer one way or another.

Sergei had a more productive idea than just staring at it and hoping. Instead, he spread out his wings to their full length (which is saying something, considering his size) and flapped, blowing air towards the faux Eevee egg in a desperate attempt to dry it.

Kimberly mentally facepalmed, not wanting to really do so as she had paint on her hands that was also debatably dry. "Why didn't I think of that?" she said, grabbing the decoy egg that was now definitely dry. "Here, this should be good enough," she said, thrusting it out to the trainers, almost dropping it out of surprise when she saw the shiny. "Awwwwww!~" she crooned as the Eevee licked the Umbreon's nose. Kimber had yet to get a shiny, but she could still hope. Plus, seeing the newborn Eevee was definitely worth it.

"oh Ill probably name him when he evolves "she smiled at him "hehe i think he likes midnight"Aria petted Eevee. Then she looked up "so when will that trainer be here"she asked

Eevee smiled at Midnight then he asked "you...sad mister?" Eevee Asked him.
Draco smiled "ok..."he went behide her and he kissed her paw

"That's a good idea. The trainer should be here in a few minutes. I just want to throw that ditto at his face, then tell him never to come again. But I think that's illegal." Diamond shrugged.

Midnight wiped his tears. "NoNo. Jut surprised." He smiled. This was the first Shiny Midnight had seen in awhile. And. He was more surprised that it was an Eevee.

Amethyst blushed. "Draco Stop It." Her face turned red. "I can't wait till Snow See's this!" A Amethyst smiled.

"yeah i think it is" Aria drooped " hey wheres Snow?" she looked around until see saw some ice "oh i see her"she went to snow, who was passed out in ice, and she picked her up.

Eevee smiled happily "I. Eevee..." Eevee said with shy look. Eevee was glad he got to meet another eeveevtion.

Draco smiled "yeah i think she will love him "His face turned red. "hey Amethyst...um wanna go on a date so we can get to know each other better?" he asked her

The trainer tapped her foot, waiting for the trainer who had brought their ditto and Eevee to "breed" to arrive. She continued holding the faux egg in her arms, giving a small smile to the Eevee as it spoke.

The girafarig wasn't sure how to react, still in full-on panic mode. 'What if it breaks, or if he doesn't buy it, or…' and other what if's raced through her mind, the panic reflected in her dark blue eyes.

Hannah may know how to keep her distance, but Sergei didnt. Folding back his gigantic wings, he walked right up to the Eevee, giving it a happy chirp. "Welcome to the world, buddy," he said in Pokémon, even though the Eevee probably couldn't understand.

Diamond followed. He gasped at the fainted Glaceon. "What happened. It's only been like 5 minutes!" Diamond yelled.

"I'm Midnight. Nice to meet you." Midnight was surprised it could already talk. Most eggs he'd hatch only spoke thier name. Midnight grabbed the Eevee and placed it on his back. Not knowing it's gender, Midnight considered it as It.

Amethyst sighed. Maybe another time? Amethyst didn't care much. She wanted to spend more time with the newly born Eevee.

Aria sighed "its ok..she does this alot ..when she is bored " Aria woke her up. Snow saw the eevee "oh my god"she jumped down and she ran to it"its so cute"

Draco smiled "wanna play with the eevee then?" he asked her.

Eevee smiled at him then it looked at Hannah "Hi...umm...tha..ank " It smiled at her. Eevee noticed Amethyst "Hi Miss" Eevee waved at her

"OK, I thought something was wrong with her!" Diamond sighed with relief. Midnight lied down, Eevee still on his back.

"Aahhh! It's so cute!" Amethyst yelled, she snuggled against the Eevee. "I'm Amethyst!" She smiled. Midnight sighed, he was in the center of everything. He couldn't get up without hurting Amethyst or anyone leaning close, or dropping the Eevee accidently. He sighed as he was stuck there.

"Ah no, She's ok "Aria Smiled at him then she took his hand "hey can we do something together "she asked him.

Eevee giggled happily then he snuggled up on Amethyst "I'm Eevee" He Smiled then he climbed down from midnight and he went to snow and Amethyst "who are you miss Ice". Snow looked at him and she smiled "Hi I'm Snow.." she nuzzeled him

Midnight got up, free to move. He sighed, he wanted to closer to The Shiny, since he couldn't hand out with the other Eeveelutions due to breeding problems, and He was sure that Draco thought he was pretty dumb. He sighed l, as he walked away.

Draco sighed at Midnight then he followed him "hey Midnight...whats wrong"he got in front of him and he stopped him from moving on "hey Midnight if you think we all..hate you..well the girls may but i dont ...i think your pretty smart and a cool guy" he said

Sergei was more than subtly trying to hog all of the Eevee's attention. Pleased that the shiny had given him thanks, even if it seemed a bit forced, he stood by, not what to say. However, he was more than ready to entertain the Eevee if the opportunity presented itself, fatherly instincts kicking in.

Hannah, meanwhile, kept her distance. It was so small… adorable as well, but she didn't want to accidentally step on it, or worse. No one knew it's gender, so she decided they/them would be her pronouns for it as well.

"Where did you get that Idea." Midnight sighed. He walked around him, he lied down at the pond. "I'm coming here way too often" Midnight sighed. "Besides I can tell they hate me. Ugh, This Daycare thing is messing with my head." Diamond sighed.

Draco sighed then he patted him on the head with his tail "Hey its ok..the Daycare isnt that bad " Draco smiled at him.

Eevee looked at the talonflame and He smiled at him "Hi whats your name?" he says to him but slowly. Eevee looks at Hannah and he waved

"Yea, Right Right." Midnight sighed. He continued to ignore the other pokemon. He jolted up when a bell was heard. "Ugh, first I stay up all night, then I can't sleep at all." Midnight slouched over to the building. He gave a growl, informing Diamond.

Diamond heard then he Sighed. He grabbed the two Pokeballs, also grabbing the fake eggs. He sighed handing him the egg and Pokeballs. "Hey I asked for 7 eggs! This is only one!" He yelled. "We don't care! Read the sign! We don't except Ditto!" He yelled. Midnight used Psychic directing the human out the door. They both sighed with relief.

The bird Pokémon smiled like it was his birthday upon being greeted by the Eevee. "I'm Surgei," he said, still grinning like a maniac.

Hannah, still a good distance from the shiny, gave a shy smile in return. "H-hello," he greeted afterwards, figuring that she ought to say something, even if it was full of stuttering and timidity.

Kimberly sighed with relief as well upon seeing the faux egg go. He'd fallen for it hook, line, and sinker despite the fact that there was only one to be seen. "Well, glad that's over," the trainer said afterwards, subconsciously remembering the multiple sarcastic comments she'd added to the sign, but deciding that she didn't care. "Hopefully we won't have this problem again. Ever."

Draco sighed "ok what ever" he went back to the girls. "hey guys is eevee having fun?" he asked them with a smile. \

Eevee smiled at hannah and he ran to her and he nuzzeled her leg "nice to meet you" he smiled.

Aria nodded "yeah im glad that is over with"she sat down on the grass "oh yeah i hope no one comes here again with a ditto "
she looks up at the sky and she smiled happily.

"Yea. Now back to the Jammed Pokeball. Should we smash it open or what?" Diamond asked. He had a mallet on him. Midnight frowned. He lied down upon Diamond's Desk. He took a glace at the Pokeball. He sighed.

Aria grabbed the pokeball "no You will not" she sighed "no hurting the pokemon "she tried to pry it open and opened it alittle and it opened alittle but then it shut quick "aww cmon on out little guy"

"Ugh. When a Pokeball is Broken or Malfunctions the Pokemon inside will be automatically released. The only thing is we have to recapture it." Diamond stated. Diamond enjoyed Breaking Things, leaving Midnight to fix it mostlyn

Aria sighed then she faceplamed "go for it"she got one of her pokeballs out for the pokemon "smash it"
She smiled at him as she handed him the ball.

Eevee walked to Snow and Her friends "hi.."he yawned sleeply

Hannah blushed as the Eevee practically charged into her leg, nuzzling it vigorously. "Nice t-to meet y-you too…" she said, trailing off.

Sergei was jealous. Crossing his wings, he frowned at the panindrome Pokémon slowly shaking his head in contempt. He'd probably get more attention later, but no one had told him that.

Kimberley frowned, "Maybe that isn't such a good idea…" she said, but didn't have an alternate solution. The Doduo was fine, having taken a liking to running around in the field, gradually getting faster, but the Pokéball was still stuck. "Plus, recapturing it, what if it runs away?"

However, if Diamond tried anything, she wasn't about to stop him.

"OK!" Diamond placed the Ball on the Desk, he grabbed the mallet. "OK any second decisions?" Diamond asked. Midnight turned away. He entered the breeding room, it being the only room there was only quiet.

Aria sighed "no...but im ready to catch it after"she smiled at him. "hey Kim...What do you think is inside the ball"she asked her.
Aria smiled at the ball

(God, so many shinies. Though they're breeders, so that makes sense.)

Kimberley shrugged. "I'm honestly not sure, but from the brief moment it came out… sort of… before, it looked like something with legs. I couldn't tell you how many, though. Some type of cat Pokémon, maybe?" she guessed, though she most likely was very far off.

She definitely thought it was a bad idea, but wasn't about to stop Diamond from doing anything. She held up a Pokéball of her own, preparing to capture it after the dust settled.

"It's probably just another Duduo. Maybe a Legendary, or worse A Ditto." Diamond frowned. Without hesitation he raised the mallet. He cracked it open like a walnut. The Pokemon was engulfed in a White Light. It was small and had 4 legs, that was all Diamond could see. Until the Pokemon completely came out of its Pokeball. Diamond gasped.

(You guys can choose the Pokemon for this.)

Popping out of the ball was, to Kimberly's surprise, a Deerling. It quickly fled to the corner, cowering away from the mallet.

"Huh, I guess it was shy," Kimberley said, plotting how to calm down the creature.

Aria smiled "aww so cute"she walked over to it and she petted it "hello their little one "she smiled then she picked it up "hey Kim look at it..its the cutiest "she smiled at it

Diamond put the Mallet down. "Maybe one of our p-" Diamond stopped, after Aria had picked her up. "Never mind then." Diamond sighed. "Ok, I'm gonna fix it's Pokeball so that way we don't have to go through the bother of re-catching." Diamond said. "Midnight!" Diamond yelled, nor response. They were unaware about Midnight in the breeding room, as it was soundproof, to prevent hearing Pokemon Cries. Diamond shrugged. "Amethyst can you go find Midnight?" Diamond asked. The feline growled, but did it anyway.

She gave a halfhearted smile back. It was indeed adorable, decked out in the Autumn colours of the season, but it also looked mortified.

The poor creature was shivering, looking from Aria's face to the smashed remains of its Pokéball and back. "D-Deer!" It managed, still gently vibrating.

"Oh deer Arceus," thet trainer started, slipping the pun in there subconsciously. "It's terrified…"

Boy was Kimberly great at stating the obvious.

Gavin went to to the Daycare Staff Room. "It looks like I'm late right now. Wow." he said to himself. He leaves his helpers over at the Daycare to do some other paperwork and taking care of the other pokemon. He was recently hired 2 weeks ago. "Hello Jay and Hindi! How is it going?" he asked them. They nodded yes, that means it was good. "Glad to hear, you two!" he sad to them, smiling. He went over to the front desk to see if anyone was going to drop off their pokemon. "Hello! May I drop off my Shiny Pichu? I need you to level him up." the customer asked. "Sure, that will be 35 dollars. The customer dropped his pokeball to him and payed 35 dollars. "You may get her back anytime!" he said.

He got the pokeball and went to the area where the pokemon played and sent the Pichu out.

"Aww, it's so cute!"

"Why am I always the Victim?" Diamond sighed. He dropped the mallet. "There, are you happy now?" Diamond sighed. Gavin walked by with a Pokeball. "Hey Gavin, haven't seen you in awhile. Diamond didn't even look at him, he was too preoccupied with the Deerling.

Amethyst looked around. She couldn't find the Blue Ringed Eevee anywhere. All she found was the Shiny Newly Hatched Eevee. "Hey you haven't happen to see Midnight, have you?" She asked.

"Well, I was busy with familywork, that was why I was away for a while. How is it been going right now?" Gavin said, kneeling down at the shiny Pichu. Anyways, there are some more pokeballs there, about 5 or 10 of them are left. And hey, this Shiny Pichu is very cute. I wish I had one, but of course I won't steal it." he said, smiling at the Pichu. He sent out one pokeball, and it was a Minccino. "I'd bet Jay would like this..." he said, smiling.

Aria smiled at the deerling "it ok little one we wont hurt you "Aria petted it "hey Kim wanna hold her?" she asked her as she smiled down at the little deerling.

Eevee looke up " Um i think he is at the pond "the little eevee Smiled.

Even after the mallet was dropped, the Pokémon still looked terrified. Most likely due to new surroundings and new people, it continued shivering. If anything, it seemed to trust Diamond more than the rest of them now.

"I guess it's… uhh…" calming Pokémon was not Kimber's department, especially with all of the stress built up from the day as a whole. She scanned it using the Pokédex in hope of getting information, but most of the data in there just spoke about the many hues of a deerling's fur. Kimberly frowned, beginning to get frustrated. "Well, that was useless… anyone else know what it might need?"

———
Unfortunately for the Espeon, both Pokémon shook their heads.

"N-no, I haven't s-seen him," the girafarig stuttered, wondering where he could've possibly went.

"Nope," replied the Talonflame quickly, much more lax about it. "I wouldn't know."

So much for trying to get information.