• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Darkening Dark 2.0 (Kirby RP)

So I wound up making this forever ago, but due to some newfound interest in it and a loss of some of the RPers, I had to make it a new thread, so here we go!

This RP takes place in Kirby's Epic Yarn, since that's the game I know more than any other, just to let you all know.

In the world of Patch Land, everything is going smoothly. Many creatures from Dream Land and the like have moved here, making a new life for themselves. Yin-Yarn had been defeated many years ago, so each world has been living life in peace, harmony, and connectivity for quite some time.

That is, until all seemed to fade.

Not out of existence, no, but to black. With every passing second, Patch Land grows darker and darker still. The Brotherhood, a group of creatures from each world, had gotten together in Patch Castle to discuss the matter. The verdict? One citizen from each world would be chosen to help find the source of the fading light and put a stop to it. This may seem like a simple task, but due to the blindness everyone is experiencing at the moment, chaos had erupted in the lands. Not only will light need to be returned, but the peace, too, is needed throughout the land, or it will be Yin-Yarn all over again, but worse. Much, much worse.

Yes, in this RP, you are one of the chosen citizens from any land in Patch Land, helping to revive the normal state.

And now, some rules:

1: All general RP rules apply.
2: Remember that the RP Rules say you must write at least a paragraph. If you can, try to aim for two or three!
3: Please, try not to be the same thing as someone else. For instance, my character is a Cool Spook, so please don't also be a Cool Spook. It's rather confusing and slightly annoying.
4: Put the word applesauce in the Other section to show me that you have read the rules.
5: Also, please, only one character per RPer, and one world per character, for obvious reasons. Once all worlds are taken by people, the RP will be closed and made private for us and us only. (Unless someone wants to be a random citizen, but where's the fun in that?)
6: Do. Not. Be. Kirby. Under any circumstances. He's off on another adventure. Take another character instead! There are literally hundreds of others you can be! Please, be creative!
7: Have fun! You don't need much Kirby knowledge to join this RP! I can explain anything if I need to, as well.

If you'd like to join, here's the character form:
Name:
Appearance Difference:
(If you'd like, you can switch some things about your character's appearance! For instance, if you're a Waddle Dee, you could be purple instead of orange! :D)
Personality Difference: (You know how enemies usually have set personalities? Feel free to think outside the box with this!)
World:
Other:

Here's my character:
Name: Zahra
Species: Cool Spook
Appearance Difference: instead of sunglasses, she wears lime green shutter shades, and her choker is red
Personality Difference: Most of her kind live(?) in dark rooms, but she prefers light and the outside world. When in light, she doesn't glow like normal. (Believe it or not, I thought of this personality before the idea for this RP!)
World: Treat Land

Incase you wanted to know, the representatives of each land in the Brotherhood are the final bosses, including King Dedede and Meta Knight. Please do not take any of these, okay?

Quilty Square: Prince Fluff - Representative: Wally Dee the Waddle Dee (@Mr Fishykarp)
Grass Land: Fangora - Representative: None
Hot Land: Hot Wings - Representative: Flare the Hot Head (@Manu456Alola)
Treat Land: Squashini - Representative: Zahra the Cool Spook (@The Ringmaster)
Water Land: Capamari - Representative: Undye the Sword Soldier (@Fraseandchico)
Snow Land: King Dedede - Representative: Zool the Chilly (@StevenUniverseDiamond)
Space Land: Meta Knight - Representative: None

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to help you out with whatever I can!

Of course, credit for the Kirby franchise goes to Nintendo.

Last edited:
Name: Zool
Species: Chilly
Appearance Difference
(If you'd like, you can switch some things about your character's appearance! For instance, if you're a Waddle Dee, you could be purple instead of orange! :D ): The hat is Blue/green, and the snow is tinted blue.
Personality Difference
(You know how enemies usually have set personalities? Feel free to think outside the box with this!): Very eccentric, happy, and almost never gets sad. He is clumsy.
World: Snow Land
Other: Applesauce Pie is yummy

Last edited:
Name: Wally Dee
Species: Waddle Dee
Appearance Difference: A slight bit bigger and a darker shade of orange than a normal Waddle Dee. He carries a backpack applesauce that looks like the Waddle Dee plush, which carries all his equipment.
Personality Difference: Can run and jump faster then the regular Waddle Dee. He is also braver and smarter than a normal one
World: Quilty Square

(Is slightly disappointed that Zool is not named Frosty the Snowman)

Last edited:
Want me to explain?

All that means is that the members of the Brotherhood are the final bosses of each land, examples being Squashini, King Dedede, and Fangora. The only land that does not follow this pattern if Quilty Square, since it has no final boss. Prince Fluff fills in that role, and he's basically the leader of the whole thing.

As for @Mr Fishykarp, you're in as well, since I know you've read the rules and all, but like I said above, I did tweak and add a couple things, so you might wanna check 'em out, alright?

Name: Undye
Species: Sword Soldier
Appearance Difference:
(If you'd like, you can switch some things about your character's appearance! For instance, if you're a Waddle Dee, you could be purple instead of orange! :D): Green body, Purple hat
Personality Difference: (You know how enemies usually have set personalities? Feel free to think outside the box with this!): Speedy, Relentless, Unforgiving(Unless You Are her Friend), Powerful.
World: Water Land
Other: Applesauce pie

Eh, y'know what? I think we might as well start the RP, since I don't think many others are gonna be joining anytime soon. Who knows? Maybe starting it now will attract some other people! I'll start the thread as soon as I can!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Name: Flare
Species: Hot Head
Appearance difference: Red body, little star mark on his forehead, bigger flames
Personality difference: Kind, calm and brave
World: Hot land
Other: Applesauce (yum! Lol)

I think it's my turn to get the story going, but I have no time to write something so long at the moment. I'll get back to this as soon as I can, which will probably be tomorrow. :S