• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Side of Photography

...I need to learn how to come up with better titles.

Seeing as photography seems to be a new hot item on ‘Charms, I’ve decided to try my own hand at it. I have always been interested in photography, and have a couple of pictures that I’d like to share with you guys.

Enjoy;

ibxqhe.jpg

Holland In Fast Forward

Speed motion picture of the Dutch countryside at dusk. I quite liked this one, it had a certain feel.

a9qsr8.jpg

Industrialization

At first, I was just taking a picture of an airplane nearby an airport- Or so I thought. I wanted to delete it at first, then noticed that it’s a pretty shot of industrial works; Although it looks slightly depressing because of the grey clouds (That we have all the time in The Netherlands).

2j31row.jpg

Apollo’s Fiery Chariot

High light sensitivity picture of a highway. Mostly because I was bored, but it turned out okay.

2wg89ck.jpg

An Angel’s Trail

A shot of a glider-plane releasing smoke vaults that looks quite beautiful. (And yes, cloudy again.)

28m2slz.jpg

All Troops Move Out

Taken at the same air show. I like the effect of the smoke trails against the background.

28vagr4.jpg

A-Arceus?

I love the way clouds can look. Did anybody ever hear the story of the Dutch skies? It is said that the light from our skies is among the most beautiful things in nature. And I have to agree~

33crpf8.jpg

Lovers In Luxembourg

If you like big bridges, go to Luxembourg, the capital of… Luxembourg. I liked the semi-nostalgia of this picture, the ‘semi’-part being the modern buildings in the background.

34fh2fb.jpg

Beach Boys

My two Swissie’s, Qenai and Koda, at the beach.

Not a lot of pictures for a first post, but more will come up soon. I hope you liked my photo’s~

Wow Dark, these photos are really good! I love all of them, though the airplane ones are the best. Keep up the good work!

Not too bad ^^

I really love the one of the sky. 'Course, I've always loved sky photos xD

(now the ugly side shows D: ) You're photos are nice, yeah, but a bit difficult to look at 'cause they're so huge. I'd suggest resizing them, so that they're easier to see on the forum. (Example, the one with the flight formation -- I didn't even notice the airplanes while scrolling down, and had to go back up to catch them.) I know flickr provides various image sizes, and that's the site I've always used, and found incredibly useful.
And, though it can add a nice effect, it seems to me that you're shooting with a pretty high ISO, which, while it makes photos easier to take, it adds a grainy kind of look, which is referred to as noise. (I don't mean to insult your intelligence with that, so if you already knew that, by all means, ignore me xD) If your camera allows you to tone down the ISO, you might be pleased with the results ^^

Keep at it. Practice makes you better at everything ^^

I love the traffic/ motorway one! Most of your photos show the natural environment's beauty and some of them are dark and eerie. I think your photos are as good as cody's (and cody's are good) definately keep it up!

Thanks for the replies, y'all~

Blazi; Thanks a lot! I like the airplane one a lot too~

Cody: Thanks so much~ I only found it that they were too big after I posted them. I'll be sure to use your tips in the future~

Luke; I'm nowhere as good as Cody, but thanks anyway~