• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Crtl+V Game 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow 'Charmers. I saw this game somewhere before the server transferred and it was pretty fun.

Basically, you have to press Ctrl+V to see the last thing you copied. And then you post it. Simple, right?

You can choose to explian why you copied it or ot, but that's up to you.

I'll start: <fjkd;lajfd OMG YES> It was this Pokemon comic on deviantART. Pretty funny. ^-^

Who shall be next?

Man, I can't weait :) Just makes me wish I was at E3 so I could've played T_T

I was talking about Sonic Colors to a freind of mine. Yes I know the typo's there.

To be honest i don't even remember why possibly team planning which i think that picture resides in.

417.png

I am your leader. Do not vex me, or I shall have your head in my courtyard. Also, I am riding a camel in Sweden. This renders your argument invalid.

Seriously, I have no idea. I think it was to make a parody of some story. I don't know. I'm not threatening anyone, so I shouldn't get in trouble, right? *^-^*

Yixagurpledink!
What the hell does the mean?
To hell if I know. It’s just a random word. Want some ice cream?
Yeah! I want some mint-chocolate chip.

I don't remember. I think it was a random thing on FB.

Captured here, TOP THAT.
Rules:
1. You have to tell (or show) the Pokemon of your choosing and the area it was captured in (Cerulean gym, Lake Verity, etc.) and also the level (Start low and evolve to higher levels the higher number your post is. EX: Post #5=Lv. 5 Post 100= Lv. 100 Post 101=New Game, Lv. 1).*
2. The Pokemon can't be a legendary or Arcanine (Arcanine because of its Breed (Meaning this 'Arcanine. The Legendary Pokemon)) only a non-legendary Gen 1-4 Pokemon.
3. Moves and Abilities don't count as a powerful pokemon.
4. You may not start fighting over the pokemon you captured or create a fight such as a real In-game battle.
5. Evolution is not to be posted unless some one else has posted that pokemon and the level of any pokemon matches the exact evolution level of your pokemon.*
6. Read the last post and then add one level to last level. EX: Post 1=Lv. 1 and your post may be the 2nd post so you add one level to one and you get two.
7. A new game can be start by anyone, but at the most, please keep the game going until someone has reached level 100 and then start a new game. You have to start a new game with a starter no-one has used yet.*
*1 & *5: Please also put in what the evolution line is (If the pokemon has evolution) and the level of when it evolves. If you do not know the level, Please look in one of these sites. *** ****
*7: Starters: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig**, Chimchar, and Piplup
** Will be the first choice.
*** http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ndex
**** http://pokemon.marriland.com/platinum/pokedex

Rules to my new game that didn't get the cut.

Because It's attack and speed is beast plus it can learn an attack to crush all of it's weaknesses!!! >:(

I was explaning to two people why I like Zangoose so much...

Last edited by a moderator:
Catch rate
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
Each species of Pokémon has a catch rate, a number out of a maximum of 255, that applies to all its members. When a Poké Ball is thrown at a wild Pokémon, the game uses a formula based on its current health, any status effect it may have, and that Pokémon's catch rate, to determine the chances of catching that Pokémon.

Approximately, the probability of catching a Pokémon starts with the species' catch rate divided by 255. Then it is multiplied by the following factors:

The health of the Pokémon (relative to its full health), which can reduce the probability to ⅓× at full health.
The type of Poké Ball, which can augment by some ×.
The status of the wild Pokémon, i.e. 2× increase for sleep or freeze, and 1.5× for others.
The effects stack multiplicatively — for example, a 2× and a 3× will combine to be 6×. If the calculation ends up greater than 1, the wild Pokémon is assured to be caught.

The rarity of the Pokémon (i.e. how often it appears in the wild) is totally independent from its catch rate after it is encountered. Even rare Pokémon may have high catch rates, making them relatively easy to catch in battle, such as Nosepass (catch rate 255).

Exact formula
The exact formula is as follows:

Where

HPmax is the number of hit points the Pokémon has at full health,
HPcurrent is the number of hit points the Pokémon has at the moment,
rate is the catch rate of the Pokémon,
bonusball is the multiplier for the Poké Ball used, and
bonusstatus is the multiplier for any status ailment the Pokémon has (2 for sleep and freeze, 1.5 for paralyze, poison and burn).
Given this formula, the maximum value for a (if the Pokémon could have 0 HP) would be catch rate × bonusball × bonusstatus. The minimum value for a (for a Pokémon with full health) would be ⅓ × catch rate.

Calculate b as follows:

Then generate 4 random numbers between 0 and 65535, inclusive. For each number, check whether it's less than b; if so, the ball shakes once. If any number is greater than or equal to b, the Pokémon immediately breaks free. If all four of the numbers are less than b, then the Pokémon is caught. Note that if a is 255 or greater, then b is 65535 or greater, and then the Pokémon is guaranteed to be caught.

Therefore, the probability p of catching a Pokémon, given the values a and b calculated above, is:

The second expression for p may be expanded as follows:

Since (216 - 1)4 ≈ 264, we can approximate p with the following expression:

The percentage error in this approximation approaches 0 as a approaches 255, and does not exceed 21.2%.

For a constant probability p, the probability P that a player can capture the Pokémon with no more than r tries is:

Note that this is the cumulative probability function for a geometric distribution. The expected value of r is 1/p, that is to say, on average, a Pokémon that can be caught with probability p will be caught with 1/p tries.

The inverse problem, the number of tries, r, needed to have a probability P of capturing a Pokémon is:

I was explaining catch rate in the easiest possible way to a friend. He still doesn't get it. What's not to get? Yeah, I don't get it eaither...

I got all of you messages at the same time so i'm replying both in one. ;D

Yeah you are my first buddy on here! :D
Ok then I guess I didn't fully understand...

It was a message to poke freak.

Name:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing:
Identifying Marks:
Musculature:
Personality:
Skills:
Past:
Family:
Love Relationships?:
Pokémon:

PRP. 'Nuff said.

We believe you to be a prime suspect in this case.
YOU CAN’T PROVE ANYTHING!
Everyone saw you, we have DNA and video and photographical proof.
YOU CAN’T PROVE ANYTHING!
Oh my gosh, shut up...

RP on another site.

Tunduli said:
I Tampered With The Evidence At Odin's Murder Site

Isn't that a song by Dethklok? Ah well, back on topic:

It was midnight on the ocean, not a streetcar was in sight.
Two barefoot boys with shoes on were walking through the night.
Back to back, they faced each other,
They drew their swords and shot each other.
Two deaf police men heard the noise,
They then came and killed the two dead boys.
If you don't believe this lie is true, then ask the blind man,
He saw it too.

My cousin e-mailed this to me, and I thought it was cool.

My Epic new, Red-Colored cape with an awesome orange Z and a side of my face painted red along with my hair! And, I have white clothes on! :p

The description to my facebook pic
(AKA: my avatar on here.)

Screw it, I'll go kill him myself. *walks away dramatically.*
How will you do it? *Stops walking.*
Don't ruin my moment!

RP on another site.

Tsutaaja: HP 27 HURT
Pokabu: HP 21
Mijumaru: HP 22
Mamepato: HP 20
Chiramii: HP 23
Gear: HP 18
Hihidaruma: HP 20
Meguroko: HP 21
Munna: HP 27
Shimama: HP 21 HEAL
Zorua: HP 24
Moguryu: HP 12
Doryuuzu: HP 20
Ononokusu: HP 22
Desukan: HP 20
Denchura: HP 28
Reshiram: HP 18
Zekrom: HP 20

tHE HURT AND HEAL GAME. DUH :p

EVERYTHING IN VIDEOGAMES IS THREE! I mean seriously, If a boss doesn't have HP, you just need to do something to him THREE TIMES. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker for instance. The first boss you need to send a massive rock down on his head THREE TIMES, then pull him in close with the grappling hook and slash his eye, THREE TIMES. Get the Idea?

:o Don't know where that came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.