• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Creative War

When should I do this?

• Every year!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please don't do this again. (Choose this one)

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just imagine the scene: artists dueling with authors - paintbrushes versus pencils.

Welcome. It is 2017, and the authors are demanding respect to written works. They want war.

This was idea I had for a while. You will be assigned a team at random and there will be two rounds: description and story/comic. I'll be accepting two more judges and eight contestants. Tag the judges in your works.
Contestants:
Art Team:

1) @Starry Phantump (Leader)
2) @PeridotPikipek
3) @SS-I Never
4) @Yoshi_Dere
Writing Team
6) @Ry_Burst (Leader)
6) @Mr Fishykarp
9) @AstralDarkrai37
10) @Mockingchu
Judges
1) @StarBlitz
2) @Shimmering
3) @Seal Pup

Last edited:
You decide on the subject, for example, you choose who the description is about. Dragons, werewolves or even people. You control your side and each action, maybe create a convo where you edit each story and make 'em look good.

@Ry_Burst the first warm-up challenge will start now, as we wait for more contestants.

Your warm-up challenge is:
BONDING WITH POKEMON
Write a short story/ draw a comic/drawing with a Pokemon and its trainer forming a bond together, eg. Trainer feeding its Pokemon a Pokepuff or any other sort of edible item.
YOU MAY CHOOSE THE POKÉMON.
You have no less than 5 days.

I think team entries since he mentioned working together and editing stories. May I enter? (Hopefully for the writing team. I can't draw at all.)

He also mentioned helping edit each story earlier on, after I help dwcide the category, so it could go either way on that alone.

Pretty much, I'm kinda hoping for a lylittle extra elaboration involving the whole process and setup.

GG. According to a test I took in my eighth-grade year, I have a 12.4 grade level in reading. Mind you I'm only in my Sophmore year when my school starts up, too. I'm kind of proud of my English ability. Oh god I hope the way I worded that didn't make me sound l arrogant.

Also, R.I.P. Yammy ????-2017.

Don't worry. I took a college entrance exam thing on sentence structure and got 100%. I'm proud of that. I have an extremely high reading level and can read at a very high rate. However, I suck at everything else. Math, Science, Common Sense. The rest of the shablam. That's kinda bragging.

Anyways, I'll set up a convo for Team Writing! (We also need a Team name because Wynaut)

Don't worry. I took a college entrance exam thing on sentence structure and got 100%. I'm proud of that. I have an extremely high reading level and can read at a very high rate. However, I suck at everything else. Math, Science, Common Sense. The rest of the shablam. That's kinda bragging.

Anyways, I'll set up a convo for Team Writing! (We also need a Team name because Wynaut)
GG. According to a test I took in my eighth-grade year, I have a 12.4 grade level in reading. Mind you I'm only in my Sophmore year when my school starts up, too. I'm kind of proud of my English ability. Oh god I hope the way I worded that didn't make me sound l arrogant.

Also, R.I.P. Yammy ????-2017.
I'm... uh... I was told i was good at writing once?

If it's not too late, I'd like to join as well. I can write or draw, but am a stronger writer. That said, I'd be perfectly happy on the drawing team, seeing as it would give me experience.

@Mockingchu Writing~
I guess my picker really likes writing. //shrug//

THE WRITING SIDE IS NOW CLOSED. All new members will join the drawing competition~

Also, for those on the drawing side, sprite work does count, but I'd rather you draw because scratch spriting may be too difficult.

Okay, so as a quick recap, do we need to only submit one or submit all of our options? We have our stories done, but deciding is the more difficult part. We have our choose made, but do we need to only post that one, or all of them?