• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Conversion Crisis: A Pokemon RP (Discussion)

Should the Converted have human speech, Pokemon speech, or both?

• Human speech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokespeech

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Both

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
So now let's look at this roleplay again!

I've been especially interested in this one because I've wanted to see where I could take Antoine's development and it sorts a sparked a trend I've had of creating 'reasonable' villains believing they're doing the right thing. It's best to do a bit of an interest check to see who is still interested and where everyone is, as even when it died it was in a 1 on 1.

At least it died at an almost convenient time, so if all else fails I can try to write up another character to help spark it back. I've had ideas of one sort of in a state of denial and trying to remain as human as possible (personality and speech, not physically lol).

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I've been debating rebooting this, as the story fell flat a bit. I feel like if you can't keep a story going, it simply can't stay alive.
I might reboot this and open it up, just to refresh it a bit. We should probably have our characters move faster this time, as I feel like they spent too much time with pointless banter.
What do you guys think?

One of the main problems I feel became a bit of an issue with this and Encounters was little noticeable motive on the protagonists' side. While it was there for a bit when Merciless led the group to Lumiose on the old Encounters thread, it fell apart when she went inactive. Where is the group supposed to go? What are they supposed to do? Maybe a team member that had a change of heart or another 'weak link' could go a long way in sort of creating that motive and explaining the situation.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I feel like if they'd have moved faster, it would have made a lot more sense. And provided some opportunity for character development on the run.
So, I need a list of people who would be interested in a reboot. I know Peroxide is and I'm pretty sure that Playful and Eli are but I just want to be completely sure before I start doing anything.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I think you guys misunderstood my wording a bit.
Mainly, I meant that they most likely should have left ASAP. I think that's what made the RP fall flat. For RPs like this one, when the main characters stay in one place for too long, it can start to slow. I feel like our characters should have started moving earlier while having the same discussions. We could have done a time skip, we could have.... Okay. I'm just going to say I'm an idiot and move on. I worded the statement wrong, I'm sorry.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
True.
I'm just trying generally to form a better plan in my head before we tackle this again. I didn't really know what I was doing the first time. ._.
I'll probably put up a new discussion thread today. Do you guys think I should open it to a couple of new people or should I keep it closed? Is five people enough?

I feel like the best course of action is to have them linger and try to figure out what happened, yet as soon as members of the team start confronting them they nope out.

There can also be stuff like trying to explain to other humans what happened to them (with... varying results) or trying to contact family members and the like.

What slows down these roleplays isn't that they haven't moved, it's that they have nowhere to move, so formulating ev
en short term goals can go a long ways.