• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Circle of Justice

Allister whistled as the car drove past the night sky and the blurry lights. He looked out his window as he saw a woman being mugged. He let out a breath as he realized he wasn't in his police car or in uniform. He proceeded to park the car a block away as he quickly got changed into his other uniform. " Guess my night's not over.' he thought as he got out and jumped to the roof top as he stalked the mugger.

Masquerade looked at his computer screens as he looked at the men and women who made up New Ettos. " Gentle men." He said. " I bet your all wondering why I called you here." He said.

Abyss looked at Masquerade. He found this human amusing, he called a lot of people who society considered villain and gathered them at one place. He wondered what is this all about. He leaned forward and gave him his attention.

Thre boys stood outside the boundaries of the big city. All with suitcases in hand and bags sling over there shoulder.
“Well,” one of them said, “Here we are. Guess Theo and Brendan missed the train. Let’s find a place to bunker down. Clark, any ideas?” The orange headed boy asked his robotic friend. He looked over, seeing he was typing on his arm pad.
“Well, according to this map the cheapest and biggest apartment is that one,” he said, pointing out one of the taller buildings in the city. He quickly set a waypoint for it, and the three entered the city.
“Oh boy, this is gonna be so cool!!! The other two are gonna wish they hadn’t missed there trip! Guys, can we go in there? Oh oh! That place has some shiny stuff!” Noah rambled as they made there way done the sidewalk to the giant building.
“Noah we can look at stuff later. But remember why we’re here. We gotta find the so called... Circle and meet up with them. Otherwise coming here was useless,” said Zack, crossing a street as the walking sign flashed on.
“I know, I know, but we’ve never been outside of Thero City, so I wanna explore!” He said with glee, waving at almost everyone who walked by.
“Ugh, if only we didn’t have a child on the team,” Clark said, now suddenly looking human.
“Cloaking is working right? We’re getting a lot of glances...” he said anxiously.
“Well the way we’re dressed, we don’t exactly, fit in... This is the place?” Zack asked, pointing to the hotel they now stood outside of.
“Affirmative, now let’s unpack and get to work,” Clark suggested as they entered the building. After a lot of paperwork, room reserving and keeping Noah under control, they finally got into there room on the top floor, and Zack flicked on he lights. In unison all there jaws dropped.
“I thought you said we bought a cheap couple night stay place!!” Noah shouted as he looked around he ginormous and beautiful complex.
“Well, after we took down that mob boss, I forget his name... We got to keep half his account. And that was a lot,” Clark said happily as he explored the room.
“And you expect me not to think this is vacation. Wait till the others see this!” Noah exclaimed looking out there full window wall, dumbfounded by the beauty of the city. Zack had been bolting around learning every inch of the place. From the main lounge and kitchen to the glorious bedrooms, game room and bathroom the size of there small hut, the group was going to have a good time here. A really good time.

Tessa sat in her room of her house on a mixset. She kept mixing around the beats getting ready for her next gig at her club, Rewind. She held out her hands and sent a bass force through it and watched the sound wripple the air. "Never gonna get over that."

Phaze watched Masquerade as he made his introductions. "I know why I'm here. You couldn't build (rule on cusses?) without me." His exosuit attracted attention from others, but Reverb deserved this kind of challenge. Without this armor, the sound waves could kill him by the high frequency. Speaking above the rest, "We know why each of US are here, but why ALL of us TOGETHER right now?" He asked, laying stress on certain words.

Suddenly at a coffee shop there was a girl sipping her coffee while looking at her computer. Charolette was her name and she was on her computer looking at he nearby crime database. "Why is it that the police can't take care of shit nothing anymore." Charlotte muttered under her breathe.

Suddenly at the docks were crew ships come in and out, a couple was sitting on a bench near the docks sight seeing. "I sent it a beautiful view my love?"The man of the couple said. "It is very much."The woman said. Suddenly interrupting there date a machete was thrown out of the water near the bench sticking in place. Suddenly a axe was also thrown near the bench, then suddenly a hand came punching through the bottom of the dock nearest to the couple. The couple was shocked with fear starring as another hand punched through he bottom of the dock. Then all together the hands pulled the dock down into the lake. Seconds later the dock was released out of the water hitting a boat causing it to sink with a man on it. Then some thing began walking out of the water going right towards the couple, the couple ran away in terror as he picked up his weapons looking around seeing how things have changed. He began walking towards the big city more people more corpses.

Erin yawned in boredom. She had slept on her folded hands for an hour and nobody comes. Everyday is no different, barely any customer here. Is it because the place is not a strategic one? Or the grandious cafe a few blocks away was much atttactive? Or the foods and drinks here were not tasty? Or is it because William had gone..?

Oh, William. Why should you leave so soon.

Recently, Erin had been contemplating about her own life, unfortunately most of her thought was the negative ones. Its still felt like yesterday that she and William go on their first date at that romantic night, then bam, her youth was gone and now she had a children and no husband.

"Mom..." Ilya's head peeked from behind the wall. The cafe and their house was in the same building afterall.

"Come here Ilya, what is it?" she beckoned her 11 years old daughter to come closer.

"Mom, c-can I have... Can I have a cellphone? All my friends already owned one, so..."

"Allright, you will get one. We will discuss the detail later." Ilya's eyes lit up. Erin had expected this, really. Ilya had shown strange and awkward behavior these days and after observing her she knew what she wanted. Ilya was a sweet and obedient girl so she was sure she won't cause trouble with the phone.

"Really, mom?! Thank you." She hugged her mother tightly, "I want one with virtual reality projector and Ultima Quantum processor, can I have it?"

"Don't worry honey. Mom will get it for you." She ruffled her hair, Ikya hugged her tighter before leaving with joyful expression. Erin sighed, in truth, she didn't had the money to bought her a newly released cellphone like that, but she didn't want Ilya to felt isolated from her friends just because of this.

"Martin's CellStore, shelf number 3, 4th row." She hoped nobody had moved it since she last saw it two days ago. She concentrated a bit and a box containing a cellphone apeared on her hand.

I'm the worst parent, really.

“Haha! 5 to 0 Noah,” Zack cheered as he put an 8 ball into the top right socket. Noah bowed his head in defeat.
“No fair! Back in the 60’s we barely ever had time for games like pool! I’m out of practice!” He complained, making a portal up to the kitchen where he grabbed a few snacks. He found Clark sitting in the lounge working on two computers at once.
“Whatcha doin’?” He asked walking over. Clark tried to ignore him, he was too focused on trying to locate where the Circle was.
“They aren’t very helpful on letting us know where to meet... And they’ve got good security, I can’t find anything on them besides the email we got saying to come here. I guess all we can do is hope they know we’re he-,” Clark was interrupted by a loud opening of the door.
“The party has arrived! Theo hurry it up you slowpoke this place looks sick!” Brendan exclaimed rushing into the apartment. Shortly after the sad looking boy Theo followed in, dragging his things.
“Wow. Cool place. I thought we were staying somewhere dark and depressing,” Theo said as he glanced around the room. He sighed and unpacked his stuff in his room, while Brendan did the same. Later that night when everyone seemed settled in they all sat on the several couches in the lounge watching a movie.
“I feel like all I’m watching is Tony Stark dropping one liners,” Zack commented as he ate some popcorn.
“Yea, that’s why I always prefer Spider-Man two, that has some awesome action,” said Brendan, who had his feet planted on the table. Everyone else nodded, except Clark who was nose deep in a computer.
“For the love of- Clark lighten up dude! They invited us to there city. We shouldn’t have to find them, they can find us. Now chill out and watch the movie already,” Brendan chimed in. Clark gave up and shut his laptop.
“So unrealistic really, how the hell can he take off with those pitiful launchers? He’d need at least times 5 the capaci-,”
“SHHH!!!!” Everyone shouted in unison.

Rex

Resident Furry
"The beginning of the end, eh? Honestly, it's like they don't want me to buy these things anymore."

Surely that was just some hyperbolic nonsense. They pulled this kind of stunt all the time with their heroes. Even if they did disappear for a time they would always come back eventually. Jake closed the comic he'd been paging through. He hadn't been reading it, that would be rude, but he had scanned a few pages to determine if he was going to buy it or not. As if he wouldn't though, this publisher had him in their pocket in more ways than one. Still, he didn't want to give the clerk the wrong idea, he'd been hovering at this particular comic stand for a good ten, fifteen minutes now. So he took this issue, and a couple others he'd been holding on to, and moved to the register to pay.

Jacob Filcher was, by all accounts, a fairly unassuming guy. Tall and thin, with pale skin and orange hair, a few whiskers of which hung on his chin. He was in his early twenties, maybe a little old for comic books. Certain out of the primary demographic by now, but that hadn't stopped him in the past and it certainly wouldn't stop him now. He exchanged pleasantries with the cashier, then accepted the brown paper bag full of his comics and left. He was a regular customer at this comic store, but he mostly kept to himself and hadn't really built up any kind of rapport with the employees.

He regretted some of his purchases almost as soon as he walked out of the store. He always spent more here than he really should. Unless business picked up, and soon, he was going to have to tighten his belt, metaphorically speaking. Someone had been eating at his customer base, too, he'd noticed, enough to start worrying him. The last thing he needed was to be put out of business in a market he thought he'd cornered! Still, all that stuff was something for his alter ego to be worried about later. Right now he was just a normal guy who just finished shopping for his hobby. A normal guy who was also getting hungry.

If memory served, there was a cafe around here. He walked a block or so until he found it: a small place called Evergreen. He'd never stopped here before. Hopefully it wasn't too expensive. He stuffed his bag of comics under his arm and opened the door, knocking on the door frame with his other hand as he did so. Place looked practically empty, but there was a female employee within eyesight.

"Hello?" he called out to her, "Are you open?"

Allister yawned as he got back in his car. The cop turned vigilante started his car up again as he drove threw the town he loved. Lincoln City named after President Lincoln. This town was once a highly respectable city where kids could play in the streets. Now it was a cist pool of gangs, murder, and every other crime under the son.

Allister let out another yawn as his vision started to blurr. He let out a curse as he turned his car and parked infront of a café. ' Surely they serve coffee here.' He thought as he got out of his car. He saw a man walking into the café. ' They must be opened.' He thought. ' Or this man is trespassing.' He moved casually to the door not wanting to alarm the man in either case.

Erin jolted awake when she heard someone entered the cafe. She really should stop sleeping at the cafe. She saw a young man with some books. There was also another man outside but he hadn't entered yet.

"Welcome to Evergreen. May I write down your order?" She gestured to the man so he could choose any table he wants. There was also menu books on each of the tables. After William's death, she got rid of most seafood menu because with the number of customers suddenly dropping she couldn't afford to bought the ingredients anymore.

Rex

Resident Furry
Oh good, the place was open. There was a strange man hovering over his shoulder now and Jake really didn't want to be mugged. He entered the cafe and closed the door behind him. He might have superpowers, but he never really was the sort for physical combat. Hopefully the guy wouldn't be waiting for him or anything when he left. He took a seat near one of the walls, far from the door, and picked up one of the menus, placing his bag on the table beside him.

"I'll uh, let you know when I've decided," he said simply. She was kind of a strange girl, he wasn't one to talk, though. He turned his mind to pondering his latest gadget. If it worked out, it'd reduce the risk to himself during transactions substantially.

Allister opened the door. ' So the man isn't trespassing good.' He thought as he walked in. He smiled at the waitress as he took a seat in the corner as he looked at the exit. He picked up the menu and looked threw it. He nodded to himself when he figured out what he wanted. He put the menu down as he examined his surroundings. He glanced over at the pale person who looked like he came out of one of those Japanese animated shows. He then glanced over at the woman. She seemed alright enough. " Mam." He said as he did his best to show a smile. "I'm ready to order."

Erin approached the another man. For some reason she felts like these man was wary of each other, and probably of her too, but that's probably just in her head. Did she just develop a paranoia? She really hoped not.

"Yes. What is your order?" She really tried her best to smile, although her eyes might betray her.

He gave her a warm smile. "I'd like your hottest cup of coffee." He said . "And whatever you think is the best dessert here." He said keeping his smile on his face. "Also I think I might've creeped him out." He said looking at the orange haired person. "So whatever he wants I'll pay for it. Just say it's on the house or something."

Last edited:
Hottest coffee and best dessert, huh. She brew one of the black coffee, the medium one, not the blackest, as only the hardcore coffee lover could stomach the bitterness. She then pair it with some milk doughnuts because for some reason the man reminds her of cops. There was a time when a pair of cops always came here each night and ordered coffee and doughnuts, she never saw them any more.

"Your order. Please enjoy." She served it to the man. She then looked at the other man, should she relay the message? Well, probably later, when that man was ready to order. She sat back behind the counter, fighting the urge to fold her arms and back to sleeping.

Later into the night, when everyone had gone off doing there own activities, Zack gazed out his window. Lincoln City was definitely a cool place. Cool as Thero though? Eh, maybe not. He glanced down at a coffee shop lightly filled with two or three people. He wasn't sure why, but the customers inside seemed... Strange, to him.
"Heck, half the population probably has some sort of hidden power. I wouldn't be surprised if the landlord could do something," Zack told his reflection as he peered down at the rest of the city. Suddenly, the clanking off Clark's heavy suit indicated he'd entered the room. Zack turned to his old friend.
"Still no word from the Circle?" He asked, and was immediately answered by the shake of his head.
"Nope. Despite Brendan's suggestions I have still been on the prowl for some sort of clue. Still nothing," he sighed as he looked out the window with Zack.
"Well you can't blame em'. There is probably tons of villains who want to hack and track any message they try and leave us. Though, I have a slight idea of where he could get some answers if your up for it," Zack said to the curious looking Clark. He explained a plan he'd come up with, and with the slight modifications of Clark's ideas, they had a good idea stirring in their heads. The two gathered the group together and explained what they'd been discussing...

Soon after, a bright blue portal appeared atop the coffee shop and out stepped the four except Clark, who had stayed back.
"Alright, Noah and Theo you stay up here and keep look out for anything, I don't know, fishy," Zack said, and then turned to Brendan. "Your going to go in tiny and listen in for any mention of powers or the Circle. And don't get sidetracked!" Zack ordered his friend who had a smirk on his face.
"Yea yea, and if I need you your outside the building. I get it. Now let me have some quality stalking time," Brendan chuckled as he shrunk down to a grain of sand, making his way hastily into the shop and jumping onto the counter. He hid under the lip of a coffee cup, and readied to tune in on any conversation that might strike up between the two suspected customers.

Rex

Resident Furry
What was with this guy? Was he following him? Was Jake going to have to find a bathroom window to climb out of or something? The guy kept looking over at him. Had they figured out Jake's secret? Had he not been careful enough? Was that what this was?

Deep breaths, act normal. Don't freak out and cause a scene. He forced himself to stop thinking about his alter ego and all their wonderful toys, just in case this guy was some kind of telepath or something, and he buried his nose in the menu. The food all looked fairly average, but the price was within his range. That was the important thing here.

He raised his hand and called out to the waitress, "Miss? I'll take a burger and some soda, just the meat on the bun please."

"Thank you mam." He said as he looked at the meal. He just looked at it. 'Could I not be more stereotyped .' He thought as he took a bite of the doughnut. He had to admit it was pretty good. He finished eating and finished his coffee. He left a twenty dollar tip figuring she could take the money that the other man's order was and whatever was left would be her actual tip. He walked out and headed towards his car.

"It's quite simple." Masquerade said. " Forty years ago this organization defeated the hero organization known as the Circle. That resulted in the destruction of the hero society throughout the world." He said. " Now they've returned. They might just be vigilantes now but they will become a threat later. So we need to take them out before hand."

“Ah rats!” Brendan said as leapt onto the mans back as he exited the building. They entered a car, this guy is a cop? Brendan wondered, hopping into the passenger seat and remaining tiny.
“Brendan? Brendan! Dammit! I’ve lost coms with him. Did anyone see where he went? Clark asked the group. Everyone responded with a no. Zack entered the building quickly, looking around for a sign of a moving speck. He quickly realized how weird he looked being an inch away from the counter, and knew he had to act normal.
“U-Uh, I’ll have a coffee, please?” Zack asked the waiter who he hoped didn’t get suspicious.
Theo and Noah searched from above. Theo activated his ring and turned ghostly. Then upside down flew through the roof, his head peering out from the ceiling and he looked around frantically. Noah then glanced at the car.
“Guys, I think I know where he is...” Noah muttered nervously.

Charlotte was on her laptop looking for any crime. until she found something strange that happened, something at a lake that wasn't that far from where she was. Charlotte had a quick glance at a shady man walking to his car coming from another coffee shop. She began reading the report again, a boat drowned by a dock being thrown at it. Charlotte knew this was the cause of a supernatural force of some kind. Charlotte looked at more recent reports trees falling on housed car being destroyed. And looking at the reports the thing causing these things was heading for the city and she needed to do something. "I'm going to have to find it befor-." Charlotte muttered under her breathe before a car flipped upside down moved into a building breaking the glass of and hitting a traffic light that landed on a cars roof making it's alarm go off. Charlottes mouth dropped as she saw a man crawl outside the car begging to his knees before a axe was thrown at his head killing him. Charlottes eyes widened as she saw what she thought was fake. Maggot Head, she heard that back in 1977 something caused havoc in this land before being shot a gunned down. Except it got away and was heard to be nesting in the lake nearby. Charlotte never believed it but here it was. Maggot Head looked around before walking up to the man he threw his axe at taking the axe. Everyone else in the café was screaming besides Charlotte who stood up. "Everyone stay calm we just need to lock the doors and pull down the metal gates to these windows and most likely he'll go somewhere else!" Charlotte said raising her voice so the people could hear. Charlotte ran outside and the people did as told in the café. Charlotte called in a airdrop for her supplies. She stood in the middle of the street as her stuff dropped. Charlotte readied up in her hero clothing. Maggot Head got his hands out a man, He lifted up his machete in his right hand forcing the man still in his left hand. "Hey you!" Charlotte yelled to the reject of a man. "How about you pick on someone whos not defenseless!" Charlotte yelled aiming her Shot gun at the enemy. Maggot head looked over at Charlotte before letting go of the man who began running away from the situation. Maggot Head began speed walking up to Charlotte. "Don't make me open fire." Charlotte said. But Maggot Head diden't care he was still walking towards her. Only 8 feet away Charlotte fired at him forcing him to fall to the ground. Charlotte smiled as she saw him fall to the ground thinking he was dead, before Maggot Head got back up. 'Damb I think I might need some help with this one'Charlotte thought before doging a machete swing.

Tessa spun around her chair at her DJ booth. "Yo yo yo!" She said into the mic. "Reverb here, and ready to drop the beats!" She uses her superhero name as use of reverse psychology on people. Nobody would know it's her. Tessa layed on one of her tracks and spun it, causing the speed of the music to run very fast. "Let's go!"

Phaze spun a pen around his finger perfectly. "Circle? Never heard of it." Phaze kept his distance from those major groups. One man doesn't do well against a big team like those. "Any knowledge about them?"

What the-

Erin had brought the other man his burger and soda and told him that he didn't need to pay. But then this another man suddenly burst into her cafe, and awkwardly ordered a coffee, suspicious. For some reason, she had a hunch that something bad would happen, or is it just her paranoia? But still, she decided to close the cafe early after these man finished their business here. She then gave him his coffee and back to her counter. This time she was fully awake, and wary.

***​
That's it?

Abyss held back his laughter. This petty human was fearing another petty humans that were grouping together?? AHAHAHAHAHA.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. As much as I like it here, I'm afraid I have something else to attend to. Now please excuse me." He stood up and walked out of the room. Tonight he need one powered individual to sacrifice.

"T-Thank you," Zack said, barely focused on his drink as he wanted to confirm Brendan wasn't anywhere in sight. He took a sip of the hot coffee, which tasted really good. And as someone who didn't drink coffee often, that said something. His attention gazed to the ceiling where he almost spat out his drink.
"Theo!!! Go away! Shoo!" Zack mouthed, doing light hand waves to make him disappear back into the roof. Hopefully no one had noticed. He sighed, and then put his coffee back on the counter, barely drunken, and exited the building. Zack then pressed his back to the wall, and peered his head around the corner where he spotted the car in suspect.
"I have a visual," He said. "Guess we'll have to see what happens," Zack said, continuing to watch.

Masquerade outstretched his arm to telepathically hold Abyss still. " Was I finished talking?" He said before throwing the man back to his seat. " Forty years ago the organization created here known as Ettos destroyed the Circle whipping it from people's knowledge." He said as he looked at them. " Now Hero's are starting to rise up."

Reaper watched the other people but kept his mouth shut. He didn't care about some war between the two groups all he wanted was his paycheck. " So what would you like us to do?" He asked.

"Simple." Masquerade said. " Each of you know atleast one of these vigilantes." He said as pictures showed. " I want you guys to kill the one that you aren't aquinted with." He said.

Allister parked in his drive way. He couldn't help but think something was wrong. " You going to stay hidden all night are all you going to show yourself." He said as he looked around his car.

Shit! How'd he know? Brendan wondered as the man seemed to have caught him. He saw no point in hiding further. That might imply he was trying to attack or something. Taking a breath, Brendan grew back to normal size standing face to face with the man.
"H-Hello... I'm Brendan. Look, I know this seems really bad, I didn't mean to meet you like this. Uh, anyway let me get to the point. Would you, by chance know anything about The Circle...?" He asked nervously hoping the guy wasn't as intimidating as he came off as.

"Yes! I found the small guy. You were right, we was in the car. Setting you guys a route there now," said Clark through the teams ear. Zack bolted around the streets, dodging cars and trying not to trip on manholes. Noah and Theo took a portal over, and soon they were across the street hidden within a forest of trees, listening in on the conversation.

" The what?" He said as he looked at the man. " Never heard of it." He simply shook his head as he started to drive again. " where do you live." He said to the trespasser. " Your lucky I didn't kill you just now." He said as he drove out of his neighborhood.

Brendan had a feeling he man wasn’t telling him the truth. But at the moment he didn’t want to argue.
“Uh, well if you don’t mind...” Brendan muttered, giving him the address. The three bush hidden boys sighed.
“Moving again,” Theo said depressingly, as the tailed the car back down the road, staying hidden from view. Clark, meanwhile, fondled through some webpages researching the man they’d been, technically, stalking.
“Yeah, he’s a cop. God dammit. But he’s shady. So I think we’re onto something.” Said Clark as he read through some notes.

“Look, I get if your, you know, trying to hide your identity. Completely understandable. But you saw what I could do. I’m not about to tell anyone. And all me and my fri- all I want is to know where these Circle guys are. We’ve had no sign of them since we entered the city... And, uh, sorry if none of this makes any sense,” Brendan explained as the drove down the empty, dimly light road.

Charlotte shot at maggot head again resulting in him putting his arm up to block most of the bullets. "Damb he's just shrugging it off like it's nothing."Charlotte said to herself before Maggot head swung his machete at Charlotte. Charlotte evoided it tho reloading her weapon. "Is there any reinforcements."Charlotte said to herself before avoiding another macheate swing.

Abyss was shocked when Masquerade threw him back to the seat.

"Do that again and you are dead, you damn human!" He continued to listen to the man's attempt of some scheme. Abyss was not convinced. No one told him what to do, no one, he had his own goal.

Rex

Resident Furry
He'd gotten his food for free. Odd, but Jake wasn't about to turn down a free meal. The strange man left soon afterward. Had his paranoia been getting the better of him? That was probably all their was to it. He'd taken every precaution he could conceive of to protect his alter ego, and his efforts hadn't failed him yet. He calmed slightly more when yet another shifty looking person entered the store. It was probably just the area he was in, the people around here were odd. That was probably why this place didn't have much in the way of business.

Still, he ate his food quickly. If this was, in fact, a bad area, he still didn't want to hang around. Just because it was a preferable alternative to his identity being discovered didn't mean it was a good thing, after all! Especially when that shifty looking guy spazzed out, left his drink unfinished - did he even pay, Jake hadn't seen - and booked it out of the store. So, he quickly finished his food, left a small tip, thanked the waitress, and left, bag of comics under his arm again. He was never eating here again, even if it was a cheaper place.

Outside the store, it was quiet. Not a comforting sort of quiet, an oppressive blanket that smothered all signs of life. After glancing around to make sure he wasn't about to be attacked, Jake hurried off in the direction of his home. This was embarrassing, he was Doppelganger, creator of weapons that could kill a man six different ways before he blinked, along with numerous other gadgets that wouldn't have been out of place in your average sci-fi movie. And he was also fleeing for home with his tail between his legs, metaphorically speaking of course. At least it was good cover.

When he arrived back at his place, he locked the door behind him. He leaned against the wood momentarily, letting out a sigh of relief. He hadn't been able to shake the feeling that something was going wrong out on the streets, but he hadn't run into anything. Okay, the time for being a wimp was over now, he had to get ready for work. He lived in a small apartment in a block of other small apartments near downtown. The money he made from selling gear covered his rent pretty handily, though it occasionally left him with little wiggle room if he wasn't having a particularly good month. His living area featured a bookcase, which was, naturally, where he kept his stock of comic books. The issues he'd just purchased were added to this collection, then he returned to the door, picked up the duffle bag he'd left for himself there, and exited back out into the city.

He was on his way to the old industrial district - where Doppelganger operated out from. It was a bit of a hike, but the distance from his home was another method of giving himself cover. He'd probably spend the night there, he usually did these days. The streets were still mostly abandoned, but he was starting to slip into character now, so the oppressive silence was no longer as big of a bother. If there was anyone Jake was good at fooling, it was himself. About midway through his walk, he ducked into an alley, letting the shadows cloak him. He hadn't run into anyone yet, which was a good sign. Hopefully his luck would hold out.

Allister just looked at the boy. "I don't know anything about this Circle that you speak of." He said truthfully. As he drove the kid towards the address. " As for me have you ever heard of the Lincoln stalker Striker." He said as he looked kept his eyes on the road. " So who are your friends?" He asked.

Masquerade smiled behind his mask. He looked at Abyss. " Those who talk big usually are the first to fall." He said as he looked at him. " And seeing your record I suspect I'm correct about that statement." He said. He move a few steps to his left. " Now here are the profiles of the people you guys will be fighting. While I don't know their actual names most of them seem to be in the same city right now." He said as he handed each of them a file containing one of the vigilantes's strengths and weaknesses.

“Can’t say that I have,” Brendan responded to the mans question. He was disappointed the man didn’t know anything of The Circle. There only hope gone.
“M-My friends? Oh, yea... They came with me here from Thero City. Same reason as me. He haven’t had much luck, which you know, is why I kinda, illegally stalked you,” Brendan said, just now realizing how bad what he did was.

“Guys... Are they driving to the apartment?” Zack asked, running through the forest as his friends caught up via portals.
“I think so. Why would he do that though? Maybe he’s just taking the long way to the police station,” said Theo.

"Don't talk like you are the wisest thing around, human. Now just tell me, us, this. Why should we do this errand? What benefit we get? Why should we believe YOU?" Abyss asked the things he deemed most important. This human had gathered peope with different goals and then asked them to do something. But there was no reason for these people to obey, or even to believe him, Abyss included. No benefit, no cooperation. That's one of the thing he had learn after years organizing Leviathan.

Allister lauged. "It's alright shrink man." He said as he continued to drive. " How is Thero city this time of year?" He asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

“Pretty quiet as of recent, which I guess is why we were invited here, no one needs us in Thero right now. Can’t believe it used to be the smallest town in the world,” Brendan answered as they turned on the street of his apartment.
“Hey uh, thanks for the ride. And not, arresting me. Guess we got a bit to desperate,” Brendan apologized again.

“Guys what if he plans to snoop out our apartment? Find out our secrets? What if he’s actually evil?” Noah asked as they blended in with the crowd, or tried to. Their bright colors didn’t exactly fit with the other people.

“Damn. Only lead lost,” Clark sighed as he saw the car pull up. “Good try I guess,” Clark said as he slouched back onto the couch.

Allister nodded before parking his car infront of the hotel. He gave Brenden a card. " Here." He said. " Incase you need anything." He said.

All customer had left. Erin decided to close the cafe early. She then threw herself on the sofa with a TV remote in hand and turned it on. Comedy movie, nice. She thought to herself while watching it emotionlessly. She just need distraction from the everyday problem.

After watching the TV for awhile she felt the need to accompany it with some drink. But then she remembered that she already drank all her beer yesterday. Guess she must go to the store, eh. She checked on Ilya, and found her already asleep, good. Erin wore her trusty brown coat and went out.

This night felts colder, its like the sky want to gave the people warning about... no no no, that must be only in her head. She tighten her coat and kept walking.

“Oh... Thanks,” Brendan said briefly before exiting the car. He waved back as he entered the apartment, to find his three friends standing angrily.
“What the hell were you thinking?!” Zack yelled. Everyone had gone to bed at the late hour, so he felt no need to keep his voice down in the lobby.
“Even I know that was totally reckless and could’ve gotten you arrested!” Noah continued.
“Your a douche bag,” Theo said with limited emotion. They all returned up to the complex and found Clark sitting in the lounge.
“You-“ Clark began to say. “Save it. I heard enough from everyone else already. I’m going to bed,” Brendan said, not in his usual extatic nature. Finally agreeing with him, the others continued into there bedrooms where they hopped in bed.
“Not the best first day...” Muttered Zack as he stared up at the ceiling. He sighed and turned over in his bed, before falling asleep.

Rex

Resident Furry
When he emerged from the shadows once more, he had changed. The tall human in red and black was gone, replaced by an anthropomorphic raccoon in an orange jumpsuit, his tail flicking behind him. Jake always got a kick out of this form, he had to admit. It did make things a little more difficult though. The duffle bag, which he'd originally carried at his hip, was now slung over his back, its straps tied tight around his torso to keep it from slipping. His shorter height made carrying it any other way a challenge.

On the other hand, the two guns holstered around his waist made him feel a lot more comfortable. A person would be forgiven for mistaking them for toy ray guns at a glance, but they both packed a serious punch. He'd made them himself, two of the handful of gadgets he'd kept for himself since he got into this business. They were also one of a number of security measures he'd put into place in his workspace should someone decide they didn't want to play nice. Jake was a neutral party in whatever ongoing conflict was the talk of the town's underground. That ought to mean he was outside of the squabbling, but it also occasionally meant he was seen as fair game by both sides. With that being the case, he had to be able to defend himself.

When he reached his destination - a nondescript warehouse on a street of nondescript warehouses - he allowed himself one sigh of relief. He forced open the door, then slid it shut behind him again.

"Feels like a d'asted horror movie out there," he groused to himself. He was unsure why this night, more than any other night, felt so strange. Something was happening though, and whatever it was, Jake was glad to be far away from it. Theatrics never was high style, anyway.

From the door, he turned and proceeded up a flight of stairs to a narrow catwalk, which lead over to what had been an enclosed office for the warehouse staff to use. Jake had converted it into a small living area and work space. Once inside, he dropped this duffle bag to the floor with a satisfying clang, then flicked on a small light. He'd reattached this building to the grid himself, it hadn't been an easy task, but its power drain was slight enough that no one ever came looking. If he ever lost the apartment, he could probably live here comfortably enough.

That was enough patting himself on the back, though. He unzipped the duffle bag, and pushed aside the human clothes he had been wearing, now exchanged with the jumpsuit and left in the bag, to reveal the real reason he'd carried the thing all the way here. It was absolutely full of scrap metal, electronics, and parts, ready for him to cobble together. He rubbed his hands together.

"Let's get to work."

"As I was saying." Masquerade said as he ignured Abyss. "We take out the heros and we'll rule the world again." He said as he kept his eyes on everyone in the conference. He then looked at Abyss. " " Don't speak unless spoken to boy." He said with a hint of malice in his voice.

He handed each of them a profile with a picture on it. He gave Reaper a profile on Erin and Reverb, For Phaze he gave Striker's and the shapeshifter's profile, to Abyss he gave "The Fallens" profile. " These should do for now." He said. " And by the way if any of you try and betray me I'll kill you without a minutes hesitation.

Reaper looked at the profile he was given. There was no code name on it just an actual name. ' Erin.' He looked threw the profile. " Able to create anything. This should be interesting." He thought as he stood up.