• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Best Black & White Starter?

The starter you will choose when Gen V comes out "Excuse any Misspellings"

• Snivy - Grass

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Tepig - Fire

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Oshowott - Water

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Snivy - Grass

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Tepig - Fire

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Oshowott - Water

Votes: 37 32.5%

• Total voters
Lady Carmen said:
I really think the fire type is the cutest atm. Without knowing stats, I can't really say more than that. And if it turns out one of the others has a cooler final evolution or one that fits my team, I may switch my vote.
I disagree that the fire is the cutest. I do agree that it matters most what the final evolution is. Pokabu is ugly, Mijumaro is okay and Tsutaja rules!! Grass is my favourite type!

Wow, some people are crazy! Don't you guys know that Mijumaru is the Ugly Betty of the group? Just by the looks, it probably has a sucky Speed, Defense, Special Defense and Attack. I know that isn't proven, but just looking at it...Although, Shell Blade sounds nice, but it seems like Mijumaru itself will be another Water/Ice type, which we really don't need.

Pokabu is just the cutie queen that sits and acts cute so people will pick it. But, it looks like it'll have good stats if it has a nice evolution. I don't know about picking it, even though I've picked Fire two out of the four generations (in at least one game in each) but this may be the one I DON'T pick Pokabu. (But, if there are three games, I am likely to pick it in one of them, as I will get all three)

Tsutaja is the one I am choosing. It is just the badass Step-Father of the group. It looks cool, it has cool moves. And, I think it will have great Speed and Attack, and those two are the main stats my competitive teams look for, even if I don't grab a team like that in-game playing. Besides, who does that? It's AFTER the game's over that you doe that...Uh, anyway, Tsutaja, the Grass Type, is my choice.

My choices:

White-Tsutaja
Black-Mijumaru
Third Version (if there is one, see post in the Evolutions topic)-Pokabu

~Hibiki

At first, I was like, "(About Tsutaja.) I like the grass-thing. (About Pokabu.) Is that a pig? o.o (About Mijumaru.) I think that's the ugliest cat-otter-thing in the history of the universe."
Now I love that little cat-otter-thing to death~ ♥

These are the one of the worst looking starters ive ever seen! For three generations in a row i been disappointed in the fire starter of how it looks.. These starters i can atleast say theyre better than the sinnoh starters.. Maybe.. Wow you got a lame pig thats gona evolve into something nasty lookin, you got a snowman/penguin/otter/whatever, you got a cool looking lizard but has the worst type ever.. GRASS.. Ugh and theyre names are kinda rediculous too. But my vote goes to the grass type he looks like he will be a dragon when he evolves

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hn. I don't know. I think it's a bit too early to judge who the 'best' Starter is given the fact we know fuck-all about them besides their names, appearance and, vaguely, how Tsutarja and Mijumaru's evolutions look like.

I quite enjoy all three of them so far, and I certainly see myself training all three at some point - though I will choose Tsutarja for my first runthrough, simply because I ♥ Grass Types and I am quite fond of the thing's design. ^^

A

Anonymous

pokabu because it is a fire type and I always choose fire type starters because fire is awesome :)

Blarg said:
0_0.Sinnysaurus.rex said:
Ugh and theyre names are kinda rediculous too.

Those are only the Japanese names. The Romanized names haven't been released yet.

I know this is a tad off subject, but speaking of Romanized names, did you hear about Chiraami's? It's freaking
Chillarmy

How stupid is that? I was hoping it would be Chinchi or some crazy stuff like that >_<

Pokabu.. Why? Because a pig pokémon is just really awsome!

And seriously, why choose depending on stats? It's funnier to go on what feels right 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mijumaru for meh. At first I prefered Tsutaja, but the little otter has really grown on me. Also, I like it's evolution, which could well turn out to be Water/Fighting.

OMG! Has anyone else seen the evolutions of these!? They're TERRIBLE (In my opinion)! Link below:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Personally, I'll be getting the water starter, evolving it once, then keeping it at the second evolution. I previously said Pokabu, but after seeing those evolutions, not a chance!

Luckii said:
OMG! Has anyone else seen the evolutions of these!? They're TERRIBLE (In my opinion)! Link below:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Personally, I'll be getting the water starter, evolving it once, then keeping it at the second evolution. I previously said Pokabu, but after seeing those evolutions, not a chance!
So you show us Images of Pokemon I am still unsure if those are Legitimate if so 4 Things to say 1. Im switching to Tetsuja 2. I knew Pokabu was the new Swinub into Piloswine into Mamoswine :D 3. Mijimaru Final Evolution doesnt look like The Previous Forms at All
4.Should I let all Revote after seeing those forms of Pokemon?

Yeah, I agree. The grass line is't actually that bad. It's quite good, to be fair. So I'm swiching. Tetsuja it is now. But WTF is up with some of the others!? Pokabu's second form, Mijumaru's last form. Seriously, WTF!?

Even after seeing the evolutions, my vote would have to be for Mijamaru still (even though I'll be an EPIC FAIL when battling Dento). Tsutaaja's final evo seem so beautiful, but I've also had this thing about not picking grass type starters :-\ . Also is Mijamaru's final evo suppose to be a Narwhale and Seal hybrid? XD

Originally my list for the starters had been Tsutaaja, Pokabu, Mijamaru as I didn't like Pokabu and found Mijamaru ugly, but after seeing their evolutions, my opinion has changed to Tsutaaja, Mijamaru, Pokabu as I still find Tsutaaja cool in all forms, Mijamaru gets better after evolving, but I can't stand Pokabu's evolutions (Worst fire starter yet IMO). Needless to say, he won't be seeing any face time in my team aside from for the pokedex data.

The folks at Serebii.net have the starters confirmed. There is still a slim chance that it is wrong but don't get your hopes up, folks.

Tsujarta's final evolution is terrible, in my opinion.
Pokabu's it sort of weird but it's OK.
Mijumaru's really surprised me... Mijumaru looks nothing like its final evolution... and neither does its second stage. This leads me to believe they may be fake, but you know what, I'm going by these confirmations, and I look forward to having all three of these Pokemon.

You forget it is not about the look of the Pokemon- it's about its strength and abilities. And seeing that they're all final evolutions, I accept them and they will nodoubtedly be awesome.

Well, I was going to pick Pokabu, but after the semi-reveal of what could be their evos, I may not :-\

Actually, I may go with Mijumaru, simply because of it's looks. It looks like its ready to stab me with its horn, which excites me :D However, I can't just make that statement yet. There's still a possibility that they're fake, so I'll keep my options open.

When they first came out i was totally for tsutaaja but after a while something drawed me toward miju and it's now the cutest thing evar!!! ;D

Tsutaaja...Mijimaru..Pokabuu...= D: from a Pokemon Fangirl

I-I...I love them all I really do >x<''
I don't know which one to pick...Kyaa..?!
Miji is one damn adorable otter...a-and has a cute face
But then Tsutajaa looks so smug and independant..
A-and then there's the little Fire Piggy who just...sets things up in flames...

You see where I'm in a mess D:

I did vote for Mijimaru, but... the final evo is different from what I expected so i'm probably going for Tsutaja. Daikenki just messed up Mijimaru so bad. :(

now that i've seen the final evolutions i must say that Pokabu still is my favourite. Tsutajja just changed body, not face, so it looked pretty much the same in every step. As for Mijumaru I really think he's cute and teh c´second stage is cool (kinda reminda me of when i first saw Marshtomp). But then something happens and the final stage is not even like thw two before :( that made me sadface

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Now that I've actually seen the stat breakdowns, final designs and general movesets... Yeah. Tsutarja STILL takes first place, though Mij is a VERY close second. Even with Daikenki - I've come to appreciate the silly Narwhalrus. But seriously. A Leaf Blade/Coil Up/Leech Seed/Filler Move Jaroda makes a very fine murdersauce indeed.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Originally I voted for Pokabu because it's still my favourite of the base forms, but for overall lines Mijumaru's is my favourite. This is mostly due to the designs, because I adore Futachimaru and really like Daikenki, but its stats are pretty good, too. Very nice HP, above average defenses, and attack stats that give you lots of freedom to go physical, special, or mixed. Can't wait to play and have one of my own. ^^

wow 109 Votes is this really the end :'( Here is the current score.

Tsutaaja - Grass
39 (35.8%)
Pokabu - Fire
36 (33%)
Mijamaru - Water
34 (31.2%)

For those who haven't voted yet please do so it adds more to know what the favorite is :).

Grass is and always will be the best in my opinion... plus Jalorda is such a cool, elegant match for Milotic Pokemon. Actually, it's my favorite Isshu Pokemon.

I would go with the grass one. Even if his stats aren't so good, I'll simple train him to be better. Shame on you who want a pokemon to be strong without training! (Just kiddin'). Ciao