• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
(Sorry this post took so long)

"Yeah, my parents are big into interior design as well, they're both connoisseur's, and it's one of their main professions. I should probably show this to them later,"
He said. "Oh, by the way, where are you from? Your accent's suggesting Kanto or Johto, but I'm not sure," he asked, before following up with the fact that he was from Opelucid City in Unova.

<Kari>
Kari frowned seeing the Aqua Ring. "Stall tactics huh? Alright, lets hit em with a Toxic!" Umbra appeared in front of Kari with a poof of black smoke before standing up and holding his hand together with his two fingers pointed upwards. His body flashed a deep purple and he spat up several bolts of poison at the Quagsire. Without further commands from Kari, Umbra raised one arm into the air and his body flashed white as he started spitting up copious amount of black smoke, within a few moments the arena was covered in Smokescreen. @XanthousXatu

<Rebecca>
Rebecca had led the new comers into one of the three buildings, one closest to the beach. Upon entering they were greeted to a huge reception and lobby area where resort staff and their helping Pokémon were busily working on their daily routines. The bold and contemporary designs of the exterior carried into the interior as well. Large comfy furniture were laid out neatly and tactically as not to obstruct movement, there was 4 different Pokémarts in the area each selling different merchandise, two different souvenir shops, various STIK kiosks, ten different locations to heal Pokémon, two of which were ran by Nurse Joys, and three separate reception desks.

"Alright, just line up at any of the receptionists and they will get you all settled in your new rooms for the duration of your stay If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your room or would like to change it, just let the receptionist know and they will do their best to accommodate." Rebecca looked at the clock and saw it was only and hour and a half until until the opening ceremony. "Also, the opening ceremony will be an hour and a half, I would suggest you all make it there earlier rather than later, the arena is newly renovated and you will want to get a good seat for the event. It will be taking place at the Grand Masters Arena located near the Spire, it looks like a giant Pidgeot nest, kind of hard to miss, but there are light up signs by the paths that will point you to the direction, when the time gets closer the paths that lead to the arena will also light up to better show you guys the way."

<Ceres>
"Well, either way, it's very nice to meet you again I guess?" Ceres smile and bowed her head slightly. She hadn't had that many interactions with Zenith with the exception of the battles they had in the past when she was trying to become a Spire Master. "Oh, hey I remember that Charizard!" Ceres waved at the flame Pokémon, she remembered all the times she faced him in previous battles, he'd grown a lot from when Zenith first challenged her when Zenith was still a Battlemaster.

Moegami poked lightly at Ceres's arm while pointing at the Grand Masters Arena in the distance. "You'll have to pardon me for the moment but I have to leave now to prep for the Ceremony. I hope to talk to you more sometime, and good luck on your future battles." Ceres waved as she walked off.

".... The feeling is mutual , Miss Ceres " . Frankie told Ceres , bowing at her respectfully. It was more respectful than anything else. She was hoping perhaps to have a better understanding of what was needed of her to do through this conversation , but she guesses she will have to figure that out as time goes on. Her mouth smiled as Charizard before he left roared in a friendly manner after being called. Frankie was bonded to it, but not to the same extent she was to Greninja and her team.

As she went ahead to leave, she decided to go ahead and leave her to it. She was surprised at the sudden statement, as if she wasn't expecting it. Nonetheless, she responded " Um ... I hope to talk to you as well. Good luck at the ceremony " . She said softly, waving as she walked off. Eevee was more concerned for the battles ahead than a mere implication at times before. However, it was far more excited than anything else, especially for this grand battle between Spire Masters to determine how difficult these future battles were to become.

Robin looked up at the green haired woman, returning her grin. He was about to respond when a thought hit him. The swordsman took a quick glance at his watch before sighing and shaking his head.
"Don't get me wrong, I'd love to. But it sounds like the opening ceremony is supposed to be starting soon, and I wouldn't want to miss it. What do you say that we just spar right after the ceremony then grab some dinner together?" Robin suggested. As much as he wanted to stick around and try to get some more customers, it was a bit too risky. The Plusle jumped off of Robin's lap as the swordsman began to put away his TMs and HMs.

Q watched the Scarmony carefully as he listened to her, extending an armblade and using to keep himself up as he leaned against the ground.
"<You know, I was the one battling there. And anyway, I'd rather not hear anything about your boss that would help me. I don't exactly need it.>" Q grinned cockily, but it was a lighthearted smile. More of a joking trash-talk, rather than actual arrogance. "<Anyway, part of the fun is figuring it out mid-battle. And also, last time I checked I'd be fighting a Pokemon, not a human. I'm more focused on the 'Mon I'm fighting, rather than the trainer. That's more of the boss's thing.>"
At that moment, Cherry decided to join the pair. The small Plusle ran across the ground over to the Scarmony, jumping up with a large smile on her face.
"<Hi, hi, hi! I'm Cherry! What's your name?>" The Plusle asked Merry excitedly.

Akabane
~~~~~~
"Oh, already?" Akabane took Robin’s hand to check the time and double-check if he was correct. "Well that’s unfortunate, but I’d wouldn’t want to miss the opening ceremony, should be interesting. I’ll be glad to spar after the ceremony, and we could grab some dinner at that restaurant at the top of the hotel." Akabane watched as Robin put away his TM’s and HM’s, which she also saw Cherry, jump out of his lap.

"<Yes I saw your battle, you did well. And well, that’s out of luck, doesn’t matter anyway, you can go into a battle with a surprise.>" Merry was tensing up a little, but had to calm down or else her wings would make screech nosies, something unpleasant for her and everyone around her. "<Well, you may be fighting a Pokémon, but you may realize that some Pokémon, are controlled by their trainer just a tad bit, influencing their instincts. And well, it might help to your boss on how Akabane commands, it’s particularly odd, not as odd by Luna’s of course.>" Merry was startled when the Plusle jumped up in front of her face with a cheerful greeting. "<You sure are a optimistic one aren’t you? Well I’m Merry, the same Skarmory,>" Merry gives a tiny chuckle, "<that sent those steel wings, you see, to be very tensed up from that attack weren’t you? Well I’m very sorry if I spooked you up, although be reassured that I would never attack someone without being extra careful, especially when I’m not in a fight. Anyway, Sapphire’s told quite a bit like you, and you do seem to give a resemblance to one of Akabane’s friends. Now, what is your name?>"

@Captain Cardboard
~~~~~~
Luna
~~~~~~
Luna’s mind ticked and was reminded that the opening ceremony would happen at any minute. "I’m so sorry, I really hope you find your Cinderace but I have to go!" Luna got up and saw Toty standing behind him, "Where have you been Toty? I was worried sick!" Toty just have a squirt of water at Luna’s face. Luna ran away, returning Toty to her Pokéball, and trying to cover his face with his hand while running.

He got to the ceremony area was waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Last edited:
"Hey." Robin said, protesting slightly as Akabane suddenly took his wrist. He waited a moment for the green-haired trainer to release him before he continued putting away his little TM stand. Finally putting away all the TMs, he put the TM Case back in his bag before he folded up the blanket the CDs were sitting on and placed it in his backpack as well. Then for the final part, Robin folded up the cardboard sign advertising his little sell-spot before placing that in his bag as well. Robin adjusted the positioning of his sword before putting his backpack on again, all loaded up and ready to go.
"Alright, sounds like a plan!" Robin said to Akabane. "Now, what do you say we go get ourselves some good seats for the ceremony?"
And with that, Robin began to walk. From what he could remember from his glance at the map, he should be heading in the right direction for the Grand Masters Arena. The swordsman took a few steps before pausing and turning back to his Pokemon.
"C'mon, guys! Let's get going." Robin said.

Q's carefree grin began to grow a little more irritated as the Skarmony continued to talk to him. He was beginning to get the feeling that this Skarmony was talking down to him. Of course he knew that Pokemon took commands and were in sync with their trainers! That was a pretty obvious thing. It just wasn't his or Robin's style to try to go out of their way to figure out these things before a fight. Sure, it put them at a bit of a disadvantage. Especially if an opponent went and did extensive research on them. But at least to Q, it just didn't feel right. Although Q didn't show it as often as other Gallade, the honor and courtesy that the Psychic-Fighting types were known for still flowed through his spirit.

Q was about to tell Merry all this when Cherry showed up. Watching the Plusle, Q decided to simply let the subject drop. He didn't have the willpower to continue the talk anyway.
"<Wow, wow! We're like, name buddies almost! You're Merry, and I'm Cherry! Our names sound similar!>" Cherry exclaimed excitedly. "<You sent that Steel Wing attack? Well, I wouldn't say it spooked me. Just surprised me! And it's okay if you would have hit me, I've been hit with wayyyyyy harder attacks than that before!>" Cherry said. It was at that moment that Robin had called over to his Pokemon. Q pushed himself up before following after his trainer, and Cherry began to follow as well. She kept behind, staying next to Merry to continue talking to the Skarmony.
"<Sapphire, Sapphire... He was the strange red and blue floaty one with the voice change-y thingy? No, wait, he was the green leaf lizard guy! He was pretty cool!>" Cherry said cheerfully to Merry as she followed after her trainer.

@soxterluna

<Hyōga>
The young Cyan haired teen drifted along with the cluster of new participants primarily to pick his targets for this season, easy pickings as some might say. His own Cryogonal bursting free of its Poké-ball at the appearance of Ajax’s, the pair were in fact ‘siblings’ if that was even possible with gender less Pokémon. Reading the Pokémon’s mind Hyoga mumbled “yes we are going to be getting him to teach us that” he was desperately trying to avoid Ajax noticing him and blowing his cover. He couldn’t help laughing when Trevor had had the audacity to challenge a Battlemaster, let alone with Ajax present. It was no surprise that Trevor was forced to retire from the battle, a perceived attempt to save face that Hyōga knew was having an entirely different effect upon the staff Ajax especially.
Once Becca had ushered the trainers to the Spire’s resort area he split from the group and made his own way toward the Hotel
‘I need to work out who my first Battlemaster battle should be with, guess I’m stuck hitting the books tonight’ he thought as he wandered his way into the lobby

Akabane
~~~~~~
Akabane walked with Robin, "Come on Merry!" Merry was talking to Robin’s Pokémon and she seemed to be quite joyful with someone to talk too.

"<Well yes, our names do match quite a bit don’t they? And are you quite sure you’ve been hit by harder attacks? That steel wing was quite decent of me.>" Merry loved talking to the Plusle, as it’s optimistic personality made it easy to talk to her. "<Red floating one? Definitely not Sapphire, that’s Cheren, he has to adjust his communication when he talk to different Pokémon.>" Merry chuckled just a bit, "<Yes, yes, green leaf lizard guy, he said you seem to be very nice, and like I said earlier, you do have an uncanny resemblance to one of Akabane’s friends>"

Akabane had made it the area where the ceremony would be held, and went in the front row seat, where she could get a closer view, "Come on, sit here!"

@Captain Cardboard

(Apologies for the long wait, holidays and such kept me busy.)
@EeviumZ

The vortex of Icy Wind and Petal Blizzard was waning. Now would be an opportune time to attack, Lorenne thought, but Forte’s last command was rather vague. “Storing energy” could mean Solar Beam. But the Sunny Day should have activated the move immediately, unless waiting a turn was part of Talia’s strategy. Lorenne couldn’t be sure. Whatever it might mean, she was confident Ace could adapt, and there was no time to ponder endlessly.

“Close in,” She directed. “Then use Icicle Spear at close range!”

Ace lept forward with great speed, before pausing just a few feet from Forte. The Weavile summoned countless Icicles in the air around him, and with a swift motion of his claw, sent them flying towards the Lilligant. Lowered attack aside, Lorenne assumed the move would at least apply some pressure.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Keep storing!"
Forte did not move in the slightest, the red aura of Taunt and the added glow of the unknown move pulsing. Normally, she would probably at least dodge, but this was a special case.
As the countless shards hit her body, Forte let out a small noise of pain, but still refused to move. The red glow seemed to glow brighter.
"Forte, now! Bide!"
A sphere of white energy formed in the Grass-type's hands, before she cast it forward as a massive white beam of light. Supercharged by the amounts of damage the Lilligant had taken, particularly the super-effective Ice moves, the beam hurtled towards the Sharp Claw Pokemon.

The force of the sudden unleashed energy sent Ace flying backwards, and the Weavile skidded across the field. He stumbled and winced, then came to stand upright, breath coming shallow. The hit had knocked the wind of him quite completely.

Lorenne, meanwhile, had taken on an expression of muted surprise, and delight as well. Talia had used a unique strategy to say the least, it was certainly unexpected. Lorene always appreciated a trainer who could mix things up a bit.

It was clear to see that Ace could not take another hit like that. With nothing much to left lose, she concluded, taking one last risk couldn’t hurt.

“Avalanche. Put everything you’ve got into it.” She said, steadily.

Ace took a deep breath, bringing his focus inward. A freezing energy grew between his claws that cooled the air around them. Then, in a swift motion, Ace launched the energy into the air, where it exploded like a firework, from the icy explosion, blocks of icy snow came slamming down above Forte.

"Nice spot." Robin said, following Akabane to the front seats. Before he entered the arena, he made sure to return Robin sat down in the seat next to Akabane, taking off his backpack and sword and leaning the two things between his legs in front of him. The swordsman leaned back, reclining and relaxing in his seat.
"So, Ms. Akabane. Where are you from?" Robin asked, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

"<Oh, okay!>" Cherry said, hopping alongside Merry as she followed her trainer. "<Thanks, I guess. Who's the friend? What are they like?>"

@soxterluna

Shade nodded before smiling at Bailey about her accent. "Oh, I have lived in Kanto for most of my life, so a Kantonian accent. But we do have a slight Johtonian accent due to us being there for a year and it just kind of blended in. And I figured you were from Unova. But Opelucid City is interesting. I would have expected any other type but Dark to come from that city. Oh... And Ice and Fairy, but Dark, as well."

Looking over at a staff member, she had motioned to her watch on her wrist and mouthed out the words 'ceremony' before going back to her staff duties. Nodding in kind, she warned Bailey, as well. "After this, the ceremony should start soon."

When they walked inside, Shade smiled at the pretty everything. She walked up to one of the kiosks and began overlooking her information on there. Everything seemed to be in tip-top shape. A Tier 1 Battle Master with a 56% win percentage, with having 100 wins out of 180 battles out of the three seasons she has gone. This season, she wanted it to get to 60%, both this season's total and the overall total. Right now, she hadn't had any official battles this season, so it's at a 0%.

"Yeah, normally we'd be Dragon type users, but I guess it was just how my team ended up. It's not like I aimed for Dark types, I just happened to catch a lot of them," he replied. "Oh, the ceremony? Guess I better get checked in and unpacked then," he said, beginning to walk away from Shade. "I'll see you there, it was nice to meet you!" He exclaimed, waving at Shade before reaching one of the check-in desks.

Once checking in at reception, Bailey unpacked his things and headed for the Grand Masters Arena, making it there with 30 minutes to spare. He sat down in a seat up near the back and begun waiting for the ceremony to begin.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Darts of liquid poison were shot at Axol, followed by a field of smoke. Loki coughed, narrowing his eyes. The smoke was as black as a night sky, preventing Loki from making sure his Quagsire was okay. “Axol, Earthquake!,” Loki said. Inside the cloud of smoke, the Quagsire was unsure where it’s opponent was. It hammered it’s fists onto the ground, creating a force that shook the ground. Large rocks popped out of the ground randomly, trying to attack the other Pokémon.

Akabane
~~~~~
"Eh, it’s just front row, we’ll see everything better and we’ll hear them more clearly. Isn’t that kind of basic knowledge? Thought everyone would know that." Akabane gave a giggle. She saw her Skarmory behind her talking to Robin’s Plusle, probably sass talking or something."Where am I from? Rustboro City, in Hoenn. Where are you from?"

"<Well I don’t need you to thank me, because I don’t exactly know if you considered it as a compliment or not. What’s the friend like? Energetic and way too childish for his age. That’s what most of us think of him.>"

@Captain Cardboard

"Oh ha ha, very funny." Robin said, returning Akabane's smile. "Rustboro City, huh? I love Hoenn! Such a nice region, a lot of warm weather and nice ocean. I loved traveling there. A lot of very pretty sights."
Robin smiled and leaned back, recalling some good memories before continuing.
"As for me, well, I'm from Ecruteak City. Johto. Very cool place, you should visit it some time if you get the chance." Robin said to Akabane. "Have you traveled a lot?"

"<Well, I kind of just assumed that you meant it as a compliment! After all, you seem pretty great!>" Cherry said happily. When Merry described the friend of Akabane she said Cherry acted like, the Plusle began to pout in a rather childish way as the two continued on their way. "<Too childish? I'll have you know that I am quite mature! Always! The most mature!>"
Cherry's pouting only continued for a moment more before she went back to her normal, cheerful self.
"<Well, this friend sounds pretty cool! So I guess it was a compliment after all!>" Cherry said to Merry with a large smile on her face. "<So what's your trainer like? She seems really nice!>"

<Kari>
“Finish him Umbra make a trade if you have to!” Kari said into the smoke. Umbra has used the blind Earthquake to his advantage and propelled himself high into the air and above the Smokescreen. Umbra’s body flashed green as he executed another Grass Knot before he fell back down into the fading Smokescreen. @XanthousXatu

<Rebecca>
Rebecca had made her way to the Grandmasters Arena. It was larger and grander than anything she had ever seen. Trainers from all over were all gathering and entering. Concessions and shops were scattered around the outside. She stopped and took a look at the map of the arena. It consisted of thee levels of seating the maximum capacity estimated to be around 85,000 people and Pokémon. The higher tiers being further out as to not obstruct the view of sky. Four Jumbotrons were above the highest tier of seating and were positioned in a way that anyone would have a view of them no matter where they sat.

“Bow?” Bubbles pointed at a a hallway that led to the lowest tier of the stadium.

“Want to be close to the action? All right.” Rebecca chuckled as she joined Bubbles. Walking out of the hallway that led to the seats Rebecca looked around. Powerful lights illuminated the arena and the entire stadium. The actual battle arena was massive, but currently it was just a large grassy field with the Spire’s Victini logo being projected in the center. Each of the Jumbotron were showing clips of battles of trainers in the past, from official league battles to famous Spire Battles in the past.

Several small floating spheres that looked like a ball of cameras flew around the arena. Looking around Rebecca noticed that there were a few other trainers that were already waiting. Rebecca took a seat near the middle of the lowest tier of seats looking down to the center of the battle arena.

<Ceres>
“This is just like the arenas at home, yea?” Ceres asked her Pokémon as she sat in her new custom the waiting room within the arena. It was large enough to have all of her team out which was rather rare. But the new personal waiting rooms in the arena were built for the teams of the Spire Masters.

Miyo, the Milotic emerged from the pool singing a cheerful tune and nodded at Ceres as Ferris was resting by the pool enjoying her song. Xoa was resting in a separate shallower pool flipping her tentacles around. Moegami was on a rough patch of terrain kicking a flame resistant ball against a reinforced wall. Right now he looked like he was kicking a huge fire ball to the wall and catching every rebound with perfect precision and kicking it back to the target bulls-eye on the wall. Whisper was coiled up and resting on a large circular fancy bed. Snips was stretched out over a large couch playing and entertaining the large hive of Dreepys he had, laughing along with them.

Ceres stood up and walked over to a table next to a mirror. She took a look at herself, she was wearing her more formal white and gold dress. She noticed that she was still wearing her Dynamax Band, and she took it off and placed it back into her duffel bag. She moved to a large case next to the bag on the desk and opened it, inside was a variety of ocarinas from several single chambers, a few double chambers, and three triple chambers. They were beautiful instruments and made from various materials. "Snips, what do you feel like battling with tonight?" Ceres asked.

The large Dragapult replaced the Dreepys back into the slots of his horns and sunk through the couch. Snips swam out of the couch, moving weightlessly and silently across the room loosely coiling around Ceres looking to the her instrument case over her shoulder with his sly looking expression, the Dreepys in his horns crawled out slightly to look into the case as well. "It's your night tonight, so I'll play whichever one you want."

"DRAAA!" Snips laughed gleefully, and took a closer at the instruments. He was no stranger to any of these instruments having battled to the tune of every single one countless times, but his favorite however would always be the first one he heard when he was still Dreepy back in the Wild Area that drew him to Cere's campsite. With his faintly ghostly glowing tail he picked up a dark blue, red, and black two chambered ocarina shaped like a crescent moon and intricately decorated with markings that resembled the markings on a Dragapult.

"Of course you would." Ceres picked up the instrument, it shone beautifully in the room's lights. Snips made a melodic noise as he sunk into the floor and re-appeared next Ceres with his head bowed showing her the Dreepys in his horms. The Dreepys were eager and restless. "I know, it won't be much longer now, I wonder who Celeste will choose." Ceres gently pat one of the Dreepy who had crawled out onto the edge of Snips's horns as she took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly and steadily.

Last edited:
Shade finished her look-through of the kiosk and went to the grand arena. Amazed at how beautiful it was, she thanked the architectural design team under her breath for taking her breath away with how gorgeous it all looked. Wanting to get in close to the action, she sat in the front rows. She made sure she found a good spot before sending out her entire party. Eight Pokemon swarmed a little section of the front row. To compact it up a little bit, Zim and Robin huddled close to each other, Schwartz had Chu on top of him while he laid on the floor, laying in front of Shade's chair, Mitosis sat next to Shade, Doom on Shade's lap, Princess on the other side of Shade, and Gar laid against Schwartz comfortably. Now, it was time for them to wait.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki started to realize the correlation between the moves of the Pokémon Kari had and the coloration of it. Axol was going to be hit by a Grass type move, which is never good... “Axol, use Hydro Pump on the ground, then hit it with Ice Punch.,” he commanded. The Quagsire used the powerful move not at the Greninja, but at the battlefield below him. The sheer force of the fountain of water propelled the Quagsire in the air, heading directly to the Greninja. This was a perfect opportunity to use Ice Punch, of which it did. The Pokémon’s fist was surrounded by ice, and it attempted to punch the opposing Pokémon.

Once he had found a healing machine for Kay, it had been getting near in time to the opening ceremony, so Edward located and made his way to the Grandmaster's Arena. Wow. This place is huge! He entered the structure and claimed a seat where he would have an excellent view of the exhibition match. Taking out his battling notebook, he flipped to a blank page and began to jot down some notes about Robin and Q. Whenever it seemed likely that he would battle an opponent again, Edward liked to make notes of their strengths and weaknesses.

Robin -
Known Pokemon: Gallade (Q), Plusle
Known Skills/Talents:
- Has a sword - probably knows how to use it.
- Sells TMs and tutors moves - likely has a good understanding of moves in general.
- Skilled enough battler to be invited to an international tournament and the Battle Spire
Individual Pokemon:

Gallade (Q) -
- Immensely quick and agile - good at dodging and blocking - Protect
- Appears to prefer close combat over ranged - exploit with distance attacks?
- Hint of arrogance - need to observe more to be certain
- Comparison to Kay:

- Speed/Agility: Has showcased better reflexes and slightly superior agility to Kay.
- Defense: Uses Protect skillfully (teach that to Kay) and can dodge about as well as Kay.
- Moves: Seems to have a wider array of moves than Kay and uses them to great effect - Life Dew: self-healing move.
- Offense: Watch out for the Scope Lens. Lands attacks skillfully, but has not shown any capability to attack from a range. Kay's psychic abilities may be more trained, but there is insufficient evidence to prove this point.
Edward sighed and marked off a few more pages to use later for notes on Robin. I don't really have enough knowledge to confirm most of this, but it might help if we battle again. He fixed his attention to the central field, where it looked like the ceremony would begin soon.

<Kari>
Umbra and Kari were both unprepared for the Quagsire’s maneuver. “Dark Pulse and try to knock it off course!” Kari commanded worriedly. While still in the air, Umbra flashed a deep violet as he shifted into a dark type, but he was too late. Kari did not know if it was intentional or not, but the hydro pump had launched the Quagsire with enough velocity along with the angle of how he made impact with Umbra his head had become a Skull Bash attack that hit the same time as the Ice Punch.

Umbra landed on his feet and knees clutching his side where he was hit. He tried to stay on his feet but ultimately collapsed. Despite the rest of Kari’s team cheering Umbra on he was unable to get up. The battle was over, Kari returned Umbra and was about to send out a second Pokémon when she saw the time on a nearby clock on a post. “Sorry Loki, but maybe we can have an official battle later, but it’s almost time for the opening ceremony, and I really don’t want to miss it. Sorry again!” Kari apologized as she returned the rest of her team with the exception of Sal. Kari mounts him and waves Loki goodbye before the Salamence took off.

Sal roared loudly as they landed at an entrance to the Grandmasters Arena. Kari craned her neck up as she looked at the outside of the arena. She had seen it afar and from the air while she rode Sal, but it was even more impressive up-close. There were countless people around the arena now, all were slowly entering the arena. “Come on Sal, let’s get inside before the good seats are gone, but I doubt there are any bad seats in this place!” Kari began shuffling inside with the rest of the group. She found a very good seat on the second level near the front giving her a great view over the entire battle arena. She noticed that the stadium seating was built for both people and their Pokémon having larger areas in places for large Pokémon to sit or stand. “Cool,” Kari said to herself and let out her team. Umbra was sill hurt, luckily Kari still had a Fullrestore in her bag that she used on him.

There was far more room than Kari initially thought there would be despite all the people outside filling in, the stadium was full but it didn’t feel overly crowded.

The lights dimmed and multi-positional spotlights lit up the arena pit the Opening Ceremony was about to begin. The stadium was abuzz with noise from people to their Pokémon. After listening to the chatter of the crowd for a while Kari noticed that there was a distinctive chant that was beginning to start, probably from the more veteran members and their Pokémon she thought. The chant grew steadily louder as the center of the arena opened. A circle in the middle of the area opened up revealing a large hole, the rest of the arena split apart into four equal panels and retracted under the seats revealing a huge multi-biomed arena including grass, rocks, streams, waterfalls, larger bodies of water, sand, collapsed building debris, and multi layered and tired levels. Every biome was seamlessly integrated into one another, and in the center was the distinctive Victini logo of the Spire. It was beyond anything Kari had ever seen, the arena looked like it could be a paradise for any type of Pokémon. The chanting in the arena was extremely loud now followed by a steady thumping or stomping as the arena rose to level, it was hard not to get pulled into the rhythm.

In the center of the arena stood a woman, tall, slender and dressed in a very elegant long flowing nightgown which shimmered in the light like the stars. Her long raven black hair shone in the light and was done up in an elaborate fashion while still having some left over so it fell perfectly around her. She was rather young, in her early thirties, and was stunningly beautiful, her ice blue eyes scanned the arena as she raised her arms into the air in a big welcome, and a Z-ring was on her left wrist. She was accompanied by a Primarina who mimicked her gesture. The Primarina had a Primarium-Z round her waist on a silver chain. The chanting crowed continued, and it was now that Kai finally realized what the chant was. “RISE! RISE! RISE TO CHALLENGE!”

The woman’s Primarina sang out a single loud note that overpowered the entre stadium and the crowed died down. “Welcome all to the competitive battling heaven known as the Battle Spire. To those returning trainers, welcome back, and we all hope you all RISE TO CHALLENGE!” the woman spoke, her voice amplified clearly tough the entire stadium. The crowd roared in cheers. “For those of you who are new here, congratulations for making it out here and participating. As a reminder to everyone, other prestigious battle establishments, professional battling teams, as well as potential Elite Four scouts, world renowned professors, and more are present on the island, the Battle Spire can open just about any door for you in the world! So don’t be afraid to reach out, make friends, challenge others, and learn from others, you may never know who is watching.” The crowed clapped and died down again. “For those who do not know me, I am Nevan Valeron, the current director and the chair of the board here at the Battle Spire.” Nevan curtsied to the crowd. The four Jumbotrons showed close-ups of her and Primarina.

“Tonight, the Spire has lined up two spectacular performances, along with an exhibition battle between two of our very own Spire Masters to get you all pumped up! So without further delay please enjoy the show!” With her final words the arena went almost completely dark including the Jumbotrons, and Nevan had vanished.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Deep rumbles echoed through the entire arena. The lights in the arena slowly began to rise again now with different tints of greens and yellows. From four different entrances of the arena floor troops of Rillaboon began filling into the battle field drumming in a powerful rhythm with Thwackey on top of them and around them dancing and banging their sticks in supporting rhythms. The troop filled the outer ring of the arena. Their beats caused them to glow with powerful grass energy, and seemed to fill the entire arena with explosive energy just about every Pokémon and trainer were clapping or stomping along with the rhythm. After the ring of Rillaboons and Thwackeys were formed, an even large group of Aloan Marowak flooded out from the arena entrances spinning, twirling, and throwing their brightly burning bones into the air and performing perfectly timed tosses to one another, it seemed chaotic at first but there was clearly a complex pattern that they were following and their movements and dance was in perfect synchronization with the Rillaboon drum beats. A sharp avian cry echoed over the entire arena as countless Oricorio flew down from the top of the arena of every type circling around in the air each of them glowing with their type energy, the way they were intermixed together along with the dim lights made it seem like they were in a vortex of colorful light.

Kari was swaying with the sound of the music as she watched the Oricorio slowly filter down onto the arena floor skillfully weaving through the bone tosses of the Aloan Marowak until they all landed perfectly intermixed with a set pattern as they all danced in unison to the beat. The bright colors would draw anyone looking in. The Oricorio and Alolan Marowak were dancing and moving at the same time as the Rillaboon’s rhythms got more and more intense and eventually they formed in a huge symbol of the Spire, the Oricorio formations forming the colors as the Alolan Marowak’s fire was the signature burning V of the Victini head. They had used Flamethrower as the flames shot up high and vibrant into the air.

At this point the entire arena was in an excited uproar as the rhythm and beat had gotten everyone extremely pumped and excited. As the performance ended the whole audience gave one final hurrah that synched with the performing Pokémon’s cries of triumph. “RISE TO CHALLENGE!” the entire audience shouted as the Alolan Marowak shot out a final jet of flames into the air before the Kari shouted as well as the rest of her Pokémon, the energy was completely infectious and there was no reason to stop, this was something that she had never witnessed in her life.

As their performance ended the lights in the arena were brought up as the performing Pokémon cleared the arena. The Alolan Marowak were the last to leave the stage as they marched in unison and showed off more of the fire bone twirling skills. Kari applauded along with the rest of the crowd as the group as they left.

<Celeste>
The second performance was already underway, it was a combination of water and psychic Pokémon supporting multiple large spheres of water while various water types and flying types performed in the water and the sky performing all types of aquatic and aerial acrobatics. Celeste sat still in an armchair of her waiting room, her eyes were closed and she was breathing in and out deeply in a steady rhythm.

Sylvia was quietly conversing with Kayo and Sycorax was sitting on the couch eating a Poké Puff watching the ceremony with Aegis, Tempris was resting on her nest. Lucas however had his eyes closed and his breathing in sync with Celeste’s while he calmly performed kata, with perfectly clean, precise, and perfect movement. Sylvia and Kayo were watching as they conversed.

A new wave of cheers and applause signaled the end of the second performance. Celeste opened her eyes and sighed one final time before standing up. Her entire team took notice and gathered around her. “It’s time….”

<Kari>
Nevan walked back out into the center of the arena and greeted the audience. “Such exciting and dazzling performances! Let’s give them all another hand!” Nevan said as the audience cheered once more, after they had died down she continued. “Now for our final event, an exhibition battle between two of our most esteemed Spire Masters! A very sight and event to behold! To those who are new to the Battle Spire, Spire Masters are the pinnacle of Pokémon trainers, pushing themselves and their Pokémon to the absolute max. And what makes them different than League Champions? Well let’s just say they utilize techniques and strategies that are outside of the norm. Without further delay I will turn the time over to our announcer.” Nevan bowed once more and walked out of the arena as the stadium lights lit up, the rings of glowing panels that lined each of the level of the seats and the ring above the arena. The rings displaying the Spire logo along with violet and white patterns.

“Ladies, Gentlemen, and Pokémon,” a man’s voice echoed in the arena, “It is my pleasure to introduce you all to the first Spire Master tonight. Many of you may have encountered in the Spire before, or perhaps at another league outside of the Spire. Heralding from Cyllage City, of the Kalos region! Known as the Empress here at the Spire, her Pokémon are renowned for their speed, precision, cunningness, and ruthless efficiency! Entering the arena now is the Empress herself, Spire Master Celeste Masters!”

From one end of the arena, Celeste strode out from the entrance with her entire Pokémon team around her the crowd cheering loudly as she strode out. Lucas the Lucario was to her left, next to him was Kayo the Aloan Ninetales, to Celeste’s right was Sylvia the Sylveon with her ribbons around Celeste’s arm, and next to Sylvia was Sycorax the Gliscor. Tempris the shiny Volcarona zoomed out from behind them in the tunnel along with Aegis the Aegislash. Tempris flew out into the arena and circled laps around the perimeter, her six yellow pedal shaped wings glowing bright with heat and flame. She circled several times at Celeste made her way to the center of the arena and once she was there, Tempris settled floating behind her. Tempris was quite large compared to the typical Volcarona.

Kari grinned as she saw her cousin, still dressed in her signature predominately white and violet outfit, but with her cropped dark purple and yellow zip-up hoodie. “WOO! GO CELESTE!” Kari shouted in the roar of the crowd, many of them held flags and banners of white and violet with the Spire logo. Kari assumed that these were representative of Celeste’s colors. Celeste waved and smiled around at the audience as she made her way.

The colored display rings around the arena then shifted colors to a light blue that was almost white, and gold pattern with the Spire logo. "It is my pleasure now to introduce another Spire Master, though she may not be as well known as her opponent but don't let that fool you! She was recently officially recognized as the Full Battle specialist at the Battle Spire. Known as the Songbird here at the Spire, her team of Pokémon are renowned for battling like a well oiled machine capable of rapidly adapting, compensating, and countering their opponents and making it easy! Heralding from Motostoke City of the Galar region, please give a warm welcome to the Songbird, Spire Master Ceres Aeons!"

From the arena entrance opposite of Celeste a very pretty young white haird lady walked out with confidence. Being from the Galar region an arena this size must have made her feel right at home. A very large and long black shadow snaked out from benith her in the ground and slowly circled the arena not surfacing. To Ceras's right was her Cinderace, Moegami, to her left was Whisper the Ninetails, behind her to the right was Xoa the Toxapex, and next to Xoa was Ferris the Ferrothron. After they had exited the tunnel Miyo the Milotic floated out behind them looking as elegant, beautiful, and graceful as ever. Ceres held her ocarina in her hand and waved at the audience with the other, she smiled and occasionally blew kisses out to the crowd. The gold trimming, designs, and patterns on her white dress shone beautifully in the arena lights.

Kari noticed there were fans of Ceres as well in the crowed holding similar banners and flags but were colored light bluede and gold. Kari watched the dark long snake shadow circle the arena curious as to what it was. She didn't have to wait long. As Ceres was a.bout half way to the center of the arena, the long snake-like shadow emerged. It was a Pokémon that Kari had never seen before. It has a huge black head with a red underside shaped like an arrow, it's body was slightly wider with short arms and feet with a tail that was longer than its entire body. Kari along with several other trainers pulled out their Pokédexs to see what it was. Kari learned that it was a Dragapult, and by the looks of the one Ceres has, her's was a larger size than the average according to the dex.

Snips the Dragapult emerged from the ground and spiraled around the air of the arena shooting off a few Dreepy only to have them nearly instantly return to his horns. After a few laps and seeing Ceres had made it to the center of the arena. Snips took his place by Miyo behind Ceres's team.

The two teams of the Spire Masters were no strangers to one another, but they still stared one another down as their trainers face eachother with a smile. The two shook hands and bowed slightly to one another. "Good luck!" They said to eachother in unison and turned around, walking towards their own sides of the arena.

<Decided to split it into two parts to break it up and to let other characters have a chance to react to stuff, sorry it came out a bit later than expected.>

Last edited:
Amongst the vast crowd of people in the arena sat Ozona Reverie. She had been training all day, and her team was exhausted, so she had took them to see the match between the Spire Masters. Buck was out of his Pokeball to watch it ensue. "Y'know Buck.... I'm glad we got here."
The Smeargle calmly replied, "Sme slak!" (Translation: Me too! Feels long since we met in Artisan Cave.). Ozona smirked and turned to the arena, eager to see what would occur. Then again, she just had to recall Fluffles as she nearly set off a Flamethrower in unison with the Marowak. But she was a reasonable Flareon, she knew why.

Ajax glanced up from his phone to watch his fellow Spire Masters enter the arena. The Spire master was reclining gently in a large chair situated in the private Spire Master’s box. He had of course been offered a role in the opening ceremony but had decided to pull out at the last minute to allow Ceres to fully come into her own. ‘Best of luck Girls, time to show them what we’re all truly capable of...’ he thought to himself as he took another sip of his Scotch and Soda, the island food and beverage staff were reluctant to serve alcohol so he always kept a bottle or two ‘hidden’ in various spots around the island for when he wanted to relax a little. This particular bottle was a rare vintage from the Cinder-Chill Distillery in the frigid Northern reaches of the Galar region. An exquisite blend of complex flavors to match the equally extraordinary battle set to unfold.

After what seemed like centuries, Max sighed and finally gave up trying to fix his Spire profile. He laid on the carpeted floor in defeat, staring into space when suddenly he felt something whack his head. Max got up tiredly, clutching his head and said:
"Liepard....please don't tell me you jumped another janitor......"
However, to Max's surprise, it wasn't the crafty dark type. It was Flygon, who was obviously looking very anxious about something.
"Oh hi there Flygon. What's the matter?"
Flygon pointed frantically at the alarm clock and fidgeted impatiently. Max's mind blanked for a good 30 seconds and then it hit him.
"AUGH! THE OPENING CEREMONY!! I TOTALLY FORGOT!!"
Flygon panicked and grabbed Max by his leg. The two frantically flew out the open window into the distance, towards the ceremony. Max, who was still dangling upside down, called to Flygon:
"There it is!! The arena!!"
Flygon nodded and sped towards the arena. In awe at the sheer amount of people and overall excitement in the arena, Flygon couldn't help but be frozen in amazement, hovering right above the performance. This was certainly more people than at the tournaments that Max had attended. Suddenly, a fabulous synchronized jet of flame shot up from a group of Alolan Marowaks from on the stage.
Flygon instinctively whipped around, darting out of the fire's range.

Upon returning to a calm hover, Flygon felt there was something.....missing. The dragon Pokemon looked down and upon inspecting its claws, felt its heart sink. Max was no longer there. Flygon zoomed around the arena at full speed, desperately trying to find its trainer.

Meanwhile.....
Max painfully dislodged himself from the tree and spat out several leaves. He winced at the pain and slowly regained his senses.
"Wow....that was a nice dodge....but the grip could've been a little tighter..... Wait.....I gotta go find Flygon...and quick.....he's gets lost pretty easily on his own...."

Shade and her Pokemon were very fired up. She was one of the few people who started the chant, since she knew this process so well. Then she and her Pokemon began whooping and hollering at every climax of the Pokemon show, and then Celeste's and Ceres's appearance. Oh, this was going to be fantastic!

When Shade saw the Dragapult reveal itself, she was in awe. She had to go talk to Ceres about it. It looked so cute! And it even had two of, what it looked like, its preevolutions in dens on its horns. Amazing! Now, it was time to see two Spire Masters duke it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A wild woman can be seen at the other end of the battlefield, across from Shade. Her Pokemon were taking up quite a few seats at the bottom, but it seemed like there was enough room in the stadium anyway to make up for lost seats. Her Dragonite and Garchomp are on either side of her, her Tyranitar at her feet on all fours, her Dragapult snaking around her and holding her, her Salamence on top of Metagross and them being next to Garchomp, her Goodra next to Dragonite, and her Kommo-o laying down in front of her stacked Hoenn Pokemon. She didn't say a word, but had a huge smile on her face. It was time to see what they got.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, a young woman could be seen walking around with an Eevee on her head. She was enjoying the sites so much, she forgot what Rebecca said as she was following her around. The residential area looked so wonderful! This was the way to treat someone like her! Then, when she heard the fire erupting from the stadium and chanting, she freaked out. She was missing the show! She rushed inside, only to see a Flygon high above the stadium, and then veering off to avoid the fire. She saw a human figure leave the Flygon's claws and fall away from the stadium.

Figuring the poor human must be hurt, she rushed out of the stadium and tried to find the guy who fell. Since she was already missing the opening ceremony, missing more wasn't going to hurt and this guy saw just as much of the ceremony as she did. He and his Flygon should have been more careful, but this was no time to berate. If he's lucky, he would escape with a few scrapes and bruises. If not, then broken bones. She didn't want to think about.

She found the crashed site, but the guy was nowhere to be found. Eve jumped off her head and began sniffing around. Eve found the trail and began running off, Eva in tow. She then saw the guy's backside. She called out: "Hey, you alright? I just saw you fall."

Eve was a little upset that they were missing the show, but it would be indecent for them not to see if the guy was okay.

Edward's pencil was flying back and forth as he prepared space to take notes on how these "Spire Masters" fought. If he remembered correctly, they were the strongest opponents he would have to face, so it would be a good idea to learn as much as possible about how they battled. However, when he caught a sight of Ceres' last Pokemon, he stopped. The Pokemon loaded into her Pokemon's cannons looked exactly like Noro, and the creature as a whole resembled the little Dreepy. I bet this is a Dragapult. I'll have to watch it particularly closely. Regardless, it would be critical to analyze the two Masters' battle styles as thoroughly as he could, so that he wouldn't fall victim to the same fate as the poor trainer who was mercilessly crushed with everyone watching, or so the rumors went.

Upon hearing someone call out to him so suddenly, Max fell over again in surprise. Dusting himself off, he forced himself up and faced the stranger, who was accompanied by an Eevee wearing a tiny scarf.
"I'm fine, nothing broken.....I hope. Thanks for finding me. The name's Max. Flygon and I were heading towards the stadium when Flygon accidentally, how do I put this......threw me into a tree. Well, I have to go find Flygon before he gets lost"
Max fumbled around, looking for something, and groaned.

"Welp. I left all my Pokeballs at the hotel, so I can't fly with Metagross or recall Flygon. Uh, by any chance.....did you see where Flygon went?"

Flygon, terribly worried about its trainer, flew lower and glided right above the crowd, scanning the area for Max. Oddly enough, people started cheering and clapping, as they thought that Flygon was another part of the show. Slightly confused, Flygon continued to search the massive crowd for where it had flung its trainer.

Evangeline sighed in relief. At least the kid was okay, but now she had to find his Flygon for him? Jeez. Well, last she saw it, it was at the stadium, but there was no telling where it went afterwards. Hearing that the Flygon would get lost without him, she decided that the Flygon wouldn't have gone far. She smiled before running off. "Follow me! I know where he is!"

With that, she ran up to the stadium's entrance and pointed at the sky. "There he is!"

Bailey looked on at the show in awe, not even the show put on after he'd won the Unova League compared to what he was seeing. The two Pokemon he had next to him, Weavile and Heracross seemed to agree as well, the trio turned their attention to the impending battle between the two Spire Masters, "Pay attention you two, we might learn a thing or two from these guys. They're the best of the best, and we'll be facing them soon enough." Bailey said to the pair, they nodded in agreement and turned their attention to the ground where the fight was about to take place.

The lights finally began to dim, and the opening ceremony began. Robin hoped it was going to be a good one. Usually, these things were just hit or miss for him. Most of the time they were okay, he'd been to a few that were either way overly dramatic or quite boring. He hoped it wouldn't be too long of an opening ceremony.

As the lights dimmed, a chant began to start up in the audience. It took Robin a moment to realize that what they were saying was 'rise, rise, rise to the challenge!' Shooting a smile to Akabane, Robin began to chant along with the audience. Not in a loud shout, like many other members were. Just simply speaking the words along with the crowd. Meanwhile, Cherry was completely entranced. As the ceremony began, she had quickly jumped onto Robin's shoulder. She looked around in wonder and joy as the audience lifted their voices as one. An entire crowd of people, doing the same cheer together! The Plusle was completely ecstatic at such a scene, as this was the first time she had seen cheering on this level. A woman emerged with a Primara, quieting the crowd as she introduced herself and the performances. Then the show began.

A group of Alolan Marowak made their way onto the stage, twirling their firey bone clubs in an impressive manner. Backing them up were some gorilla like Pokemon that Robin managed to recognize, Rillaboom and it's pre-evolution, Thwacky. Those were some Galar Pokemon, ones that were usually given out to beginner trainers.
"So cool..." Robin muttered, watching the display and skill of all three types of Pokemon. Robin hadn't managed to battle some pf those Rillaboom yet, unfortunately, but they left a lot to the imagination. Did they have a super cool signature move? Robin sure hoped so. He couldn't wait to travel to Galar...

The Marowak finished their performance creating a large V with their fire, the symbol of the Battle Spire that Robin had seen quite a bit since he got here. V for Victini. Once again, very cool. When he had traveled through Unova, Robin had heard quite a few legends about Victini. They were mostly the standard, 'this Pokemon brings people great luck if you come across it' legends, except dialed to eleven. Bringing victory was what this Pokemon was known for, after all. A fitting mascot for the Battle Spire.

As the Marowak left the stage, the MC came back on and introduced an exhibition match between two Spire Masters. These were supposed to be the toughest, the leaders here at the Battle Spire. Robin could feel his blood start to heat up with excitement as the two women walked onto the stage. The first one that entered, a woman named Celeste, had quite the team. A Lucario, an Alolan Ninetales, a Sylveon, a Gliscor, a... A yellow and blue Volcarona? A freaking Shiny Volcarona! And an Aegislash to top it all off. Robin felt his excitement start to peter off a little bit. A Lucario, and a shiny Pokemon, as well as an Eeveelution... Robin had already seen quite a few trainers with a similar set up. It made sense, they were strong Pokemon. But it just seemed like a lot of people had Lucarios and Eeveelutions on their team. But not all was lost! After all, Gliscor wasn't really that popular of a Pokemon, and he hadn't really seen that many super powerful trainers with an Alolan Ninetails. Maybe he'd see something new this battle.

Then then next Spire Master appeared. It was another woman, named Ceres. Evidently, it sounded like she was from Galar. That's pretty exciting! Robin didn't know many Pokemon from the Galar region, so surely this woman would have an interesting team! As she walked on, Robin paid careful attention to the Pokemon accompanying her. A Cinderace, that was one of the other starters from Galar! Also, a Ninetales, Ferrothorn, a Milotic, and some other purple, spikey, sea-urchin Pokemon that looked quite familiar. That one was from Alola, Robin had seen it but wasn't able to recall it's name. That marked five... Then Robin saw another Pokemon he had never seen before. It was a large, Dragon-Type looking Pokemon with a triangular head. Super cool looking! It flew around the arena at high speeds, firing what looked like missiles... Wait. Those weren't missiles. Were... were those Pokemon it was firing?! Robin was entranced by the sight of the Dragapult, and a grin spread across his face. He knew who he was going to be cheering on. Quickly pulling his small notebook from his bag, he drew an extremely rough sketch of the Dragapult, careful to emphasize the fact that it shot freaking other Pokemon from it's head. Sure a Pokemon like this would have a cool, never-seen-before move that would go with it?!

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Auri was looking around the area, trying to find where the Spire Master's box was. She wasn't exactly sure where it was, so she spent a large amount of her time trying to look for where the box was. Thankfully, She got directions from one of the staff there, which was rather awkward, but rather quick as he was generous, and started to make her way toward the box. Before entering the box however, Auri could clearly see that there was an end of a performance. Auri was somewhat shocked at this, not expecting it to end that fast, but proceeded to walk in the box, and went to go take a seat in a large chair.

Upon sitting down, Auri could see someone who also seemed to be a Spire Master, which sure, It was nice not to be alone up here, but theres also many possibilities where she could mess up a conversation. Auri proceeded to check on her tablet, as she saw Two Spire Masters on the stage now. She had a smile on her face, and was actually getting quite excited herself. Maybe if she got into a battle with one of these, notes would be helpful. Auri proceeded to open a Notes app on her Tablet, and was getting ready to take them already. She then proceeded to look at the stage, expecting quite a battle.

Ethan arrived just in time for the battle between the Spiremasters. Turns out, trying to walk through a very excited crowd isn't easy. Fortunately for him, there were still a few spare seats, seizing one of them, the Battlemaster turned his focus to the arena as he made himself comfortable. Kohaku, following suit, claimed her trainer's lap, getting a chuckle out of him.

That's Ms. Masters, Ethan thought as he spotted Celeste on one end of the arena. Towards the other end, he could see a pretty young woman with silvery hair, wearing a dress of a similar color and carrying an ocarina in hand, and had to what to him sounded like a galarian accent. That must be Ms. Ceres Aeons, Ethan guessed, his gaze not moving away. They say she controls her pokemon with that ocarina, never saw it myself, but that could change today... He kept on musing.

She's pretty, I wonde- His internal monologue was broken by a small black hand waving in front of him. It belonged to Kohaku, who noticed Ethan's trance. The trainer turned his eyes towards the Mawile, "Was I staring?" He asked, slightly embarrassed.

Kohaku nodded in response.

"She isn't seen around very often, I guess I just got carried away by my imagination." Ethan replied, his focus turning towards the pokemon in both parties.

Satisfied, the Mawile followed suit, patiently waiting for the battle to begin.

<Ceres>
Ceres had been nervous for nothing, being in this arena with the crowd and the high pumped up energy, this was home to her, and her Pokémon. From seeing the look in Celeste’s eyes during their brief handshake and good luck exchange, Ceres could tell that Celeste was not used to an arena of this size and with this large of a live audience.

Ceres and Celeste reached their ends of the arena around the same time and turned to face each other.

Snips snaked around Ceres and looked at her face to face. Ceres smiled at him happily, “Are you ready?” she asked wrapping her arms around the Dragapult and gently rubbing the back and underside of his head. Snips pushed his head towards her more and she met him in the middle putting their heads together and closing their eyes, the rest of the team circled around and did the same. For a moment the sound of the arena melted away and there was only Ceres and her Pokémon. “May the light of Arceus shine upon us, guide us through this battle, and pass fair judgement by its divine light. By this battle, we perform for you.” Ceres completed her customary pre-battle prayer and as she did the rush of sound and energy came surging back to her senses. Ceres grinned and grabbed Snips by the horns and moved his head around playfully, “Go get em! Your opening the show tonight! TAKE THE ARENA SNIPS!” Ceres shouted in unison with Snips’s roar of excitement that also was echoed in the crowed as the large dragon spun around and snaked its way into the middle of their half of the arena.

“An unconventional choice by Ceres, sending out her Dragapult as her leading Pokémon, but this is an exhibition match so would no surprise to see these trainers trying different strategies than the norm!” The announcer’s voice said.

Ceres held her ocarina to her mouth and began playing some notes and simple melodic rhythms to warm up as she waited for Celeste’s first Pokémon, but she had a pretty good idea to who she was going to send out. Her ocarina’s sound was amplified in the arena sounding loud, clear and wonderful. Snips swayed lazily in the air to the simple and changing rhythms.

<Celeste>
Celeste looked around at her team, and it seemed like they had already made their choice as to who was going to face the Dragapult. Snips was one of Ceres’s strongest team members, often he is one of two Pokémon on her team that frequently sweeps entire teams of challengers, the other being her Cinderace, Moegami.

“Lucas, standby for battle!” Ceres smiled, Ceres and Celeste knew each other too well. By sending out Dragapult that instantly limited Celeste’s options.

Lucas stepped forward and nodded, then began walking into the center half of their side of the arena. The rest of Celeste’s team cheered him on. Sylvia was jumping around waving her ribbons around widely while still remaining tethered to Celeste’s arm.

Ceres’s Dragapult wound up and looked down at Lucas. He roared at him.

“ROAHHH!” Lucas yelled levitating a few feet into the air as a massive amount of bright blue Aura erupted from his body. He landed softly back onto the ground, his fists and large parts of his body still brimming with aura. He spread his legs and crouched lower into a battle stance.

“And we have our match ladies and gentlemen! Lucario versus Dragapult!” The announcer said. “This is a standard battle, 3 on 3, no substitutions allowed. Trainers at the ready, and BEGIN!”

<Battle Momentum = Neutral>

Lucas’s eyes instantly flashed the same blue color as his aura and Snips flashed the same color. Lucas had just used Foresight allowing him to be able to hit Snips with Normal and Fighting moves.

Ceres began to play a quick tempo tune on her Ocarina. Snips sprang into action, instantly spiraling into the air with incredible speed shooting out powerful Dragon Darts.

Lucas formed a long bone staff out of aura and rapidly dashed in a large arching path towards Snips. The Dragon Darts Snips shot were relentless, each shot was predicted and lead Lucas predicting his path. Lucas deflected each of the darts with the aura bone staff that would hit have hit him. As Lucas ran, he picked up more and more speed until he was eventually barely visible to the eye, flashing a brief burst of Psychic Energy as Agility kicked in. He eventually ran on top of a piece of an overturned boulder and leapt at Snips’s floating position. Lucas pulled apart the aura bone staff into two separate shorter sticks, they collapsed into smaller spheres of aura that rapidly grew in size into massive Aura Spheres in each hand. Lucas shot both of them out in rapid succession at Snips.

Snips fired one final Dragon Dart as he shifted positions diving down towards to the ground as the two Aura Spheres chased him. His mouth glowing with Ghost energy and turned around at the last second before hitting the ground and fired a Shadow Ball the exploded with one of the Aura Spheres, Snips expertly, yet effortlessly twisted his long serpentine body around inches away from the ground and took off again diagonally into the air erecting a Reflect between the Aura Sphere and himself.

Lucas dodged the final Dragon Dart with very minimal movement and roared with another explosion of Aura as he flew at Snips almost just as quickly as he was flying as he was evading the Aura Sphere.

Snips twisted his body around once more noticing Lucas’s advance and emitted a large Light Screen behind the Reflect. The Aura Sphere crashed into the Reflect and exploded, shattering the Reflect in the process. Before Snips was able to do anything else Lucas was already on him.

Lucas’s fist was glowing a bright white light and he punched forward as he flew into the Light Screen. The deafening sound of heavy glass shattering overpowered the cheers of the crowd as Lucas’s Brick Break shattered the Light Screen like nothing, and with his other fist was the follow up attack, it glowed with a powerful bright light blue energy.

Lucas’s Ice Punch impacted Snips square in the chest, but it did not send Snips flying down to the ground, instead, Snips’s flickered and vanished, dropping the remains of a Yache Berry that it had managed to sneakily eat before the Ice Punch hit him, lessening its effects. Snips suddenly appeared above and behind Lucas, his tail was brimming with Dark Energy and Snips slammed the tail down at Lucas with lightning speed and reflexes, there was a flash of green, Lucas managed to use Protect at the moment of impact from Snips, before He was sent plummeting down to the ground so fast that he was almost invisible to the eye. Lucas crashed into the ground in a crater creating a large cloud of dust and debris. All this took place in a manner of seconds. Snips pulled some distance between himself and the impact site, floating up into the air and coiling up. Dreepys gathered in the holes of his horns eager to get shot out again. Though Snips did not show it, but he was clearly injured, there was a visible wound on his chest where the Ice Punch had hit, but the heat of the battle and Ceres’s music was keeping him focused and on track.

“Sucker Punch…” Celeste said under her breath. “We, got lucky. Lucas, it’s time we dictated the battle!” Her Mega-Keystone began to glow and so did Lucas’s Lucarionite on his arm band through the dust cloud, soon his whole body began glowing white until he was encased in a sphere. A bright blue light emitted from within as it exploded clearing out the dust clouds, and Mega-Lucario stood in the crater as the rainbow colored DNA helix icon faded over his head. His body was still emitting large amounts of Aura as he geared up to attack again, his senses were heightened and from the contact he made with Snips during the Ice Punch and Brick Break, he had memorized Snips’s Aura and could track him accurately now.

Ceres’s song had shifted to a slower and more waltz-like tempo as soon as Lucario began Mega-Evolving, and Snips reacted in kind, he faded away into nothingness and vanished. She was well aware of Lucas’s abilities and battle style. To catch him off-guard now would be extremely difficult, and Snips was in no condition to take a hit from Lucas now. So she had no choice but to give up the offensive momentum to Celeste.

<Battle Momentum Shift --> Lucario>

Lucas stood on one foot as sword shaped Aura spun around him, his physical body began to glow red from the effects of the Swords Dance. Lucas was on high guard, he could sense Snips around him but it was impossible to pin his exact location, utilizing the time to power himself up. His body began to glow with Dark Energy as he began Nasty Plot but was interrupted. Lucas leapt into the air as Snips shot out of the ground beneath him, his large triangular head was glowing with Ghost Energy. Lucas managed to prevent the attack from hitting him with another bone staff made of Aura.

Snips’s Phantom Force did not hit Lucas directly but it did knock him high into the air, the sheer force of the Phantom Force caused Lucas’s Aura staff to severely bend under the power of it as Lucas blocked it. Lucas however faded and vanished into nothingness just like Snips had done before.

Snips immediately began to glow green with Protect. Lucas instantly appeared in mid uppercut into Snips, he was covered with Ghost Energy as Snips’s Protect finished, preventing any damage to Snips from Lucas’s Copycatted Phantom Force.

“Aww, crud….” Celeste knew that the Battle Momentum was about to shift for the worst.

<Battle Momentum Shift --> Dragapult>

Due to the position where Lucas’s own Phantom Force had placed him in relation to Snips, he knew immediately he was in a bad spot. Before Lucas was able to get away found himself in the tightening and constricting grip of Snips’s long tail.

Snips’s tail surged with electricity paralyzing Lucas with Thunder Wave before the electricity intensified into Thunderbolt and eventually a massive crack of Thunder erupted from Lucas shooting into the sky slicing the night air in two and exploding the ground beneath, sending powerful shockwaves across the arena. Snips front flipped in the air while still grasping Lucas in his tail, and with the momentum of the flip he whipped Lucas down into the ground below.

Ceres was not one to let up her attacks so easily once she was in the swing of things, and Lucas was not a Pokémon that would go down easily. As predicted Lucas was not finished yet, staying in the fight by sheer will power at this point. His body began glowing a bright sparkly green as he gathered energy for Heal Pulse.

Snips’s mouth began to radiate Ghost Energy as it reared back his head and shot out a large bolt of dark violet and black energy, Hex, and simultaneously along with two Dragon Darts. The bolt left a trail of violet colored smoke as it traveled through the air and all three things hit Lucas before his Heal Pulse could take effect.

After the dust had settled, Lucas was back in his regular form and knocked out in his impact crater. “Lucario is unable to battle! Victory goes to Dragapult!” The announcer declared after a few moments. The roar of the crowed was deafening. Ceres’s team of Pokémon cheered excitedly for Snips as he held one of the Dreepy lovingly in his hands the both of them smiling happily. Various other Dreepy emerged from the holes in his horns and waved to the crowd. Ceres took a drink of water from a bottle before she began clapping for Snips as well. “Marvelous, fabulously done Snips!” she shouted at the dragon Pokémon. Snips turned around and approached Ceres, bowing his head low again and putting it to Ceres’s head, she held him gently again and patted him before letting him go. He turned around and went back into the arena, waiting for Celeste’s next Pokémon.

Celeste returned Lucas to his Pokéball, something she rarely did, and only did so in times of defeat. The rest of her team looked at her with sadness, but at the same time determination, and burning vengeance was in their eyes. “You did well Lucas, rest easy now…. Kayo, stand by for battle.” Sylvia stared at her beloved trainer and at her best friends Pokéball with a burning passion. Celeste sighed deeply, her breath becoming visible, as her next Pokémon was already headed out into the arena. Kayo the Alolan Ninetales strode out into the arena with confidence, as she readied herself for battle the temperature of the entire arena began rapidly dropping as small bits of hail began falling, slowly the hail grew in size and intensity.

Snow Warning was now in effect.

“We’re moving right along to our second match of the night ladies and gentlemen! I hope you all brought some warmer clothing! Alolan Ninetales versus Dragapult!” The announcer’s voice echoed through the arena as strong cold winds began to blow and the hail was becoming more like large ice shards.

Last edited:
Robin's smile grew as the Spire Masters sent out their first Pokemon. Right off the bat, the one named Ceres had sent out her unusual Dragon-type. The swordsman quickly wrote down the name, Dragapult, before quickly turning his attention back to the battle. And right as the battle had started, the Dragapult already used a move Robin hadn't seen before. It launched the small Pokemon resting in it's head out as homing missiles, but the Lucario managed to deflect it. It really did shoot out those tiny Pokemon like missiles! Incredible! Robin made note of that as well, watching the amazing battle with a huge smile on his face. Then, to his surprise, the Lucario MEGA EVOLVED! Well, Robin shouldn't really be that surprised. After all, of course the best of the best would have Mega Evolutions. Heck, they all probably had Megas and Z-Moves and Battle Bonds and what the heck ever was also super strong. Hey... maybe some of them had legendary Pokemon! That would be pretty cool!

Robin leaned back in his seat as he watched the battle. He may not have any of this Z-move, Mega Evolution stuff, but he didn't need those things to have a fun, strong battle. The fight between the Dragapult and the Mega Lucario came to an end, with the Dragapult managing to cinch a victory against the superpowered Pokemon. The other Spire Master, a woman named Celeste, and sent her next Pokemon forward. The Alolan Ninetales. A cold wind rushed through the arena as hail began to fall from the sky.
"Ah! Ouch!" Robin said as he was buffeted by the ice. Attempting to shield herself from the hail, Cherry hid herself behind Robin's backpack. Using one hand to shield himself, Robin watched as the battle continued.

Max waved to Eva hurriedly with a swift "Thanks" and half-ran half-limped towards the stadium (He was still feeling pretty beat up from the fall). Hopping up and down awkwardly and frantically waving, Max tried his best getting Flygon's attention.

However, Flygon didn't notice. The nervous dragon type zipped around frantically, accidentally hitting multiple spectators in the process.
Max groaned and inched towards the stadium even more, careful not to bust his leg even more. Suddenly, he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned to see a very elegant looking man with long purple hair. The man asked:
"That's your Flygon up there, correct?"
Max nodded and the man produced a Pokeball from seemingly out of nowhere.
"Girafarig! Bring back Flygon please."
In a quick flash of red light, a Girafarig appeared. The Pokemon's eyes started shining with a bright blue glow as Girafarig concentrated intensely on Flygon. With a whip of its head, Girafarig sent a very surprised Flygon flying all the way to Max's side.
Max looked at Flygon, then at the purple-haired man and said:
"Uh...wow....thank you."
The man smiled mysteriously and said:
"No problem. I'm Lucian, from Sinnoh. I'm working as a security guard here, as I'm not needed at the Pokemon League for the time being. I must say....that aerial maneuver your Flygon did to dodge the flame was quite impressive. However, you should be more careful next time. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go back to my post."
As Lucian walked off, Girafarig at side, he thought to himself:
The Battle Spire.....what an interesting mix of trainers.

Now that Eva helped someone get their Flygon back, she ran back to some bleachers and released all of her Pokemon. Her Eeveelution posse watched the spectacle before them. The Dragapult and Lucario were amazing. She remembered these Pokemon, as she adored watching them play around when she was at her parent's daycare.

Shade had just noticed that there was another Pokemon she didn't completely recognize. A fiery rabbit thing. Never mind the Dragon-Type Pseudolegendary, what was the rabbit? Too bad she didn't have her datapad, but she could guess it was a Fire-Type. She did hear and has seen the Starter Pokemon of Galar, though. Maybe this Pokemon was Scorbunny's final evolution. the Dragapult was extremely cool though, shooting out Pokemon like missiles. That was unheard of. She wanted one. No, she needed one. She put that on the list of Galar Pokemon she needed to have.

Sheila was just watching the show with a sadistic smirk on her face. Oh, how everything looked so fun. Too bad she wasn't going up there to show off. Maybe next year.

<Celeste>
“BEGIN!” The announcer said.
<Battle Momentum Shift à A. Ninetales>
“Attrition and pressure!” Celeste commanded at the start of the battle. Kayo sprang into action without skipping a beat, roaring as loudly as a Ninetales could. Multi-rainbow colored light erupted around her and bright streaks and waves of the same color lights lit up the night sky as Aurora Veil took effect.

Snips snaked around and lunged at Kayo with blinding as soon as she began to move, he bore his fangs, his mouth glowing bright with light purple psychic energy, Psychic Fangs.

Kayo had crouched low after using Aurora Veil baiting for Snips’s attack. Being a fairy type severely limited Snips’s available options for offense but she still had to be careful, Ceres’s Dragapult is one of her most veteran Pokémon and a single misstep can easily heavily swing a battle in his favor with little chances of recovery.

Kayo lunged forward towards Snips’s attack at the last few moments before his attack hit. Kayo had propelled herself slightly diagonally causing Snips’s attack to miss by centimeters. Kayo’s entire body flashed a bright fairy pink as she bit down on the Dragaputlt.

Snips roared in pain and tried to shake Kayo off as quickly as he could, Draining Kiss, or Draining Bite in this case, was not something Snips wanted attached to him. He spiraled rapidly up into the air and vanished, Phantom Force.

Kayo landed effortlessly back on the ground and sat down patiently, her body glowing with a faint dark almost black outline of dark energy, she was using Nasty Plot. The glow faded and Kayo stood up and slowly walked in a large circle. Snips reappeared several meters overhead looking worse for wear, foregoing the Phantom Force attack. The temperature of the arena was still steadily dropping as the hail grew more and more intense. Snips was doing his best to keep his focus and not show signs of damage, but the Draining Kiss and the constant hail was wearing him down something fierce.

Ceres’s music suddenly shifted into a much faster rhythm punctuated by hard hitting staccatos. This was in synch with what Kayo started doing, She was rapidly forming Ice Shards in the air around her and launching them nonstop at Snips, they were shooting at a rate that made Kayo look like a turret, in addition powerful Icy Winds began to blow out from Kayo accelerating the Ice Shards as well as an extra layer of attack.

Snips dodged and rolled around in midair dodging each shard by mere millimeters while moving to avoid the Icy Wind. To the crowd’s surprise Kayo began moving as well while sustaining the simultaneous attacks. As Snips began to move and doge faster and faster Kayo gave chase, breaking into full one sprints, jumps, and flips all the while not letting up the onslaught barrages of Ice shards.

Without warning, Snips suddenly turned around as he dodged an Ice Shard and breathed out a powerful Flamethrower that heated the whole arena, melting any Ice Shards in the air. Kayo responded just as quickly with an Ice Beam, the two attacks collided in the air with a bright flash releasing a thick pleasant feeling fog and mist that rapidly filled the edges of the area as the heated air from the Flamethrower pushed it aside. Snips reared up and intensified his Flamethrower into a Fire Blast, and Kayo responded in kind. Forgoing the barrage of Ice Shards, the Icy Wind instantly intensified along with Kayo’s Ice Beam to form into a Powerful Blizzard attack that matched the Fire Blast. The arena began to fill with pleasant feeling white mist and fog. Oddly the arena began glowing brighter and brighter with light from seemingly nowhere

Due to fatigue and the damage that Snips had suffered he was losing the tug-of-war battle. Snips broke off the Fire Blast and instantly vanished into the shadow, and surging out below Kayo with Shadow Sneak. Kayo managed to use Protect for the split second Snips attacked her, she flashed a bright green for an instant as the attack connected and disappeared.

This time, it was Snips who put himself into an inescapable situation, as soon as he made contact with the Protected Kayo and the Protect disappeared a second later and was replaced by the bright pink glow of Fairy energy. Kayo had been slowly charging a Dazzling Gleam the entire time during their Flamethrower and Ice Beam battle. Kayo and the entire arena flashed a bright blinding light, it was hard to tell if the light was white or a very light pink, but it severely damaged Snips and disoriented him. Again with the same amount to ferocity and speed, Kayo blasted Snips with a powerful Ice Beam right in the chest, sending him plummeting to the ground in a large block of ice, fainted and frozen solid.

“Dragapult is unable to battle, A flawless victory goes to Ninetales!”

Sylvia was practically going crazy with joy and excitement next to Celeste as the rest of her team cheered Kayo on. Kayo bowed graciously to the crowd and her team before turning to face her opponent.

As the crowd cheered loudly Ceres returned Snips. She slightly shifted her Ocarina and began playing again, a different tone than before. Xoa the Toxapex leapt out from behind Ceres and into the arena, she was eager and ready to go.

Robin applauded as the Dragapult was defeated, a large smile on his face. This was an outstanding battle, outstanding! Once again, he saw a technique he had never seen before. The Dragapult had attacked with a technique, almost like a bite attack. But instead of dark energy, it seemed to use psychic energy. Like a Psychic Fang of sorts, except Robin had never seen a move like that before! He had taken a quick note of that as well, before turning his attention back to the match. It was a truely intense battle, with the Alolan Ninetails taking full advantage of the Hail. The Dragapult put up an amazing fight, but it's exhaustion from the previous fight it had been in was clearly showing. The Ninetails just managed to cinch a victory, a very close (but well earned) victory.

The Spire Master known as Ceres sent out her next Pokemon, the spiky, sea-urchin type Pokemon. It was called a Toxapex, evidently. Robin couldn't wait to see what new techniques it brought to the table. But another interesting point... Robin managed to barely dicern over the yelling and cheering of the crowd, that the Spire Master Ceres... wasn't realy giving commands to her Pokemon. In fact, she appeared to be directing them through the ocarina she played. Wow. Someone played too much Legend of Zelda as a kid. It was quite impressive, actually, but not Robin's first time he had seen a trick like that. What was more impressive was the ability of the Pokemon, being able to focus in on the trainer's ocarina over the massive sounds of cheering and yelling.

Ajax smiled as the two Pokémon traded blow for blow. The spectacle was well worth the anticipation which had been building all day. Though incident with Trevor earlier in the day still left him feeling mildly annoyed, distracting him slightly from the all out battle before him. ‘I do hope Trevor is watching this battle’ he thought ‘It could give him a real insight into the possibilities available here if you’re willing to work for them. Though he’d have to really tone done the attitude if he wants to have any hope of that happening’ Ajax turned his attention back to the battle to see Snips the Dragapult has already been defeated while he was lost in his own thoughts
“Well-fought Ceres” he couldn’t help murmuring as he took another sip of his Smokey Whiskey accompaniment.