• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Bailey analysed the ensuing battle, and just how brutal Bubbles was showed him just how tough of an opponent Rebecca would be- if he ever got a chance to battle her that is. He then turned back to Shade, who was now in the middle of an episode after watching Bubbles take out the Sandslash. "Um, are you alright?" He asked, a look of concern on his face.

...Aaaand he was able to react quickly enough to guard against both attacks. Great. This battle was not going the way Edward had planned - Q seemed to have better reflexes than Kay, allowing him to respond to Kay's attacks far more effectively than the strategist would have hoped. "Fall back!" Kay teleported several meters backwards, narrowly escaping the Psycho Cut. "Use Sunny Day!" The Gallade's arms glowed once more as he shot a beam of bright light into the sky, causing the sunlight to become even more harsh than it had been previously. Perfect. Now he should be able to use Solar Blade without having to charge it up.

"<No you don't!>" Q exclaimed. Not even waiting for a command from Robin, the Gallade teleported as well. Appearing to the right of Kay, Q once again attempted to slash at Kay with another Psycho Cut. He hoped to take advantage of the fact that the opponent was focusing on using Sunny Day, rather than focusing on Q. Robin allowed it to happen. It was a little risky. After all, why would Edward have his Pokemon use Sunny Day if it wasn't to power up that Solar Blade move? Other than Fire Punch, Robin was sure there wasn't any other fire type moves a Gallade could learn. Robin turned his attention from Kay to Edward, watching the other trainer carefully. He'd have to be ready to order Q to Protect right when Edward called out the Solar Blade attack.
"<F! I! G-H-T! Onward! to! vic-tor-y!>" Cherry chanted, waving her electric pom poms.

Having just used Sunny Day, Kay was unable to guard against Q's attack, and was - once again - knocked backwards. Now would be a good time to know that healing move, Edward thought. I'm not sure if Kay can take any more hits. "Kay, you know as well as I do that people who call a good offense the best defense are full of Tauros dung. However, it looks like we don't really have any other options. Use your special attack: Dance of the Lurantis!" Now that I'm saying it, giving names to our special attacks was a really dumb idea. I feel like a ten-year-old trying to show off.

Regardless of his trainer's misgivings, Kay stood proudly, sheathing both his arms in Solar Blades. He lunged forward at Q, striking out swiftly with one arm and then the other in a form emulating the Lurantis after which it was named.

@EeviumZ

“Right then. Let’s head over that way,” Lorenne gestured to a medium sized battle field, about 15 yards away. It was subtly cut into the cement and brick path in a rectangular shape. “Polka, you can stay over here, alright? You’ll sit out for this round.” The Wigglytuff nodded and waved to his trainer.
<Aye-aye!>

Lorenne came to stand at one end of the battle field, and reached into her bag for a Pokeball. If we’re going for just a quick match. I think I’ll know who I’ll be using.” One side of Lorene’s mouth came up into a subtle smile at the idea. A battle with this Pokémon was always exiting, fast paced for sure, but a bit more than that too. This Pokémon would be more than just speed. “Alright then, let’s send out our Pokémon at the same time. Sound good?”

The swordsman wiped the sweat off his brow from the intense sunlight as he listened carefully to Edward. Robin might not have known what this 'Dance of the Lurantis' was, but he certainly knew an attack name when he heard one.
"Q, Protect!" Robin commanded. Q once again took a defensive stance, crossing his arms in front of him as Kay slashed at him with the first Solar Blade. A protective psychic shield once again instantly formed, deflecting all damage from that attack. But just as quickly as it had appeared, the shield disappeared. And the second Solar Blade attack was still coming. A slight look of panic came across Q's face as he desperately attempted to sidestep the attack. But it was just too fast.

The second Solar Blade slammed into the right side of Q's body, and his world lit up in a blinding light and pain. But even momentarily blinded, Q's instinct still kicked in. He kept his body relaxed, moving with the attack rather than forcing against it. Using the force from the Solar Blade, Q pivoted on his left foot and swung at Kay with a powerful backhanded Psycho Cut.

Trevor seemed to be more infuriated than ever. “Ajax, your going to be the first Spire Master I take down. You can bet that! Your just as full of yourself as I am.”

“We’re not trying to belittle you Trevor. Ego has no place at the Spire. We are here to push each mother and our Pokémon to be better than the rest. As a matter of fact this is a place of leaning and sharing more than anything. Everyone here from your fellow competitors to Ajax and myself, we all have things to learn from one another.” Rebecca placed her hand in her hips.

“Round two. Begin!”

“Mica, Close Combat!” Trevor ordered.

“Shock and pulverize.” Rebecca said calmly. Light thin whips if electricity began to surge around both of Bubble’s claws. He readied him self at the assaulting Incineroar. When the two locked in combat a shock wave of force emanated from the impact.

Trevor laughed, “Ha! There’s no way Dragonite can overpower Mica!” He was right as Mica was pushing back the Dragonite.

“He doesn’t have to.” Rebecca shrugged.

“What?!”

The wisps of electricity on Bubbles’s claws had transferred onto the Incineroar, the electricity suddenly flared up and Mica fell onto his knees paralyzed. “Thunderwave is quite useful and it can take many forms if your Pokémon knows how to get creative with it.” Rebecca said.

Bubbles too a step back as his tail began to glow a bright white and he wound up his right claw again, this time it was surging with massive lightning bolts. Without hesitation Bubbles hit Mica square in the chest with a huge downward hook sending Mica into the ground on his back, but Bubbles continued through with his momentum, spinning his body perpendicular to the ground and with Mica below him, Bubbles slammed into the downed Incineroar with Iron Tail. From the rotation, Bubbles landed on Trevor’s side of the arena facing him, Bubbles turned around and floated towards the crater where Mica was. His claw began glowing white this time as he slammed it into the ground at his feet sending a huge line of rock spikes erupting out of the ground.

The Stone Edge knocked Mica high into the air, out of the crater, and over Bubbles’s head. Mica landed back where he started the battle. Mica tried to get back up but had sustained too much damage and lied back down.

“Incineroar is unable to battle! Round two victory goes to Rebecca Violet!” The referee announced.

Trevor returned Mica and just stood there looking at the floor. “I concede...”

“Are you sure?” The referee asked turning to Trevor.

“Yes, I concede.” Trevor confirmed.

“Challenger has conceded. Match set, victory goes to Rebecca Violet, congratulations!” The referee announced and faded as well as the arena lights turned off.

Bubbles returned to Rebecca’s side. She gave him a big hug and he returned the gesture. The Charizard returned Bubbles’s messenger bag.

Shade snapped her head at Bailey while letting it loll backwards with mania in her wide eyes and ear-to-ear slasher smile. Zim and Robin looked at Bailey worryingly, as if worried she may do something. What action she was going to do, they didn't know, as she could get a little unpredictable when she's like this.

She just giggled a little while speaking, her voice a little shrilly and fluctuating constantly in pitch. "Ohhhhh, you think I'm enjoying the slaughter a bit too much? Maybe, maybe, but-" she cut herself off and ripped herself away from her support to rest a hand on Bailey's closest shoulder to her. "We masters here at the Spire revel in our brutality and cunning ways to fight and order our Pokemon. We also revel in showing people what we are made of. Better not get your hopes up too much when fighting one of us. Heheeee," she lazily slid away and went back to her Pokemon.

She continued to watch the battle with much interest until the fight ended where, seemingly like a light switch, she snapped back to normal. She rubbed her head and winced in pain. Damn migraines. She looked back at Bailey sheepishly. "Hehe... Sorry, I tend to get worked up, especially when I didn't sleep very well," she rubbed the dark circles under her eyes, which seemed darker now, and she looked at Bailey with a bit of a worried look. "You know, I kind of fear for when we next battle. I usually don't care, but I don't want to hurt your Pokemon too badly."

Ajax laughed at Trevor’s anger “if that performance is anything to go buy I’ll be retiring before you even get close to challenging me, you were just mollywhoped by a Battle-master, No offense Rebecca, I AM A SPIRE MASTER! I don’t think you understand what that means, it means that any one of my Pokémon could sweep your entire team countless times blindfolded. The way I see it you have two choices either you; Shut up, apologize for your actions and follow Becca to your lodging without anymore interruptions or I will personally show you the true meaning of a humiliating defeat!” Ajax was really starting to get fired up, it was bad enough Trevor had been talking smack but to Concede a battle, that infuriated him. In Ajax’s eyes Conceding a battle was the greatest act of disrespect a participant could display, it was the antithesis of the very attitude he had spoken about with the group of participants before Trevor’s interruption. The blatant time wasting and refusal to give this battle his all it was exactly what Ajax came to the Spire in order to avoid.

Bailey watched the rest of the battle with great interest, further analysing how Rebecca battled despite being pretty disturbed by what Shade had said to him a few moments prior. He was impressed with Bubbles' creative use of a Thunder Wave and Iron Tail combo. "Yeah, you don't say." He said in reply to Shade's reasons for getting worked up, he was still visibly crept out by what had just occurred. Then, in a bit more of a confident tone he assured Shade that "You shouldn't worry about hurting my Pokemon too badly, they can hold their own. I'm here for a reason, just like you said you were."

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki started to observe a connection between the type of moves that the Pokémon used and it’s colorization. He didn’t have much time to react as the Greninja used Shadow Sneak. It hit Axol, though not enough to knock it out. “Use Aqua Ring!,” Loki called. A streak of water formed in midair, and it formed a ring of water around the Quagsire. It started to restore its HP slowly.

Shade looked up at him and smiled sweetly, a stark contrast to what she did a moment before. She did get a little embarrassed and apologized for her behavior. "I'm sorry about that. I always had a few screws loose since I was little. My mom taught me how to cope and control myself, so I wouldn't have to use medicine and go to a psychotherapist or whatever for it. I'm sorry if I scared you, but I can't guarantee that I won't do that again, especially in a battle," she then changed the subject quickly, looking at Schwartz, who seemed upset that the battle didn't continue. "Schwartz wasn't going all out when he battled you, due to him being excited, which in turn made him reckless and not think straight. He chose not to be as brutal as he would normally be because he wanted to test your Pokemon's strength. Your Pokemon are strong and trained well, which I wouldn't doubt due to your status. It's hard to become a member of the Elite Four. But what I gathered is that you say your moves out loud. You don't have name combinations for using multiple moves, nor do your Pokemon want to use moves without your guidance. That can come and bite you in the ass. While you are busy saying a move and your Pokemon are busy processing what you said, your opponent can easily just attack your Pokemon during this," she paused before looking upset with herself. "I'm sorry if I sound like I'm criticizing the way you command your Pokemon. I just want to see you get better and help you out, and possibly fight a Spire Master," she smiled at the end, but her episode still bothered her, as she was worried she would enter it and never get back out.

Edward nervously held his breath as the explosion of light - which didn't really have any business there, given that it arose from a grass-type attack hitting a Protect - obscured Q and Kay, making it impossible to tell what had happened. That had to have hurt him, right? Although, given that he healed a few times and blocked the first one, it might not have been enough.

Inside the outpouring of brilliant energy, the Psycho Cut hit Kay full-force on his left side, sending him tumbling to the ground. He barely managed to stand at the energy dissipated, but he then shakily dropped to one knee and bowed his head in a gesture of respect before collapsing to the ground, unconscious. They had lost. Huh. First time that's happened in a while. Recalling Kay, Edward shook his head. No shame in it, I guess. The others here are all just as accomplished as us. Besides, had we chosen to Mega Evolve...

"Congratulations! That was a great battle, Robin!" Edward called across the battlefield. "I can see why you got the invitation!"

A young, shy and unassuming blonde young adult girl entered from the Docks. Her name was Frankie, but her Alter was well known as the Spire Master: Zen Trainer, aka Zenith, known for her relentless assaults. She just recently got the notification and luckily she was near the area. If she was still in Galar when she got the notice she could forget it, but luckily she was visiting her extended family in Kalos.She was a bit nervous. In merely a few moments she would have to reveal her biggest secret in order to gain access to the Spire and start her official adventure. Her black hoodie hides her golden locks but her blue eyes, a softer version of a previous member of the Spire Master, was looking down at the floor.

As she was observing the other people, her Eevee was looking at the sights, even saying something like this in her native tongue [Wow I can never get used to travel by boats. This was always bliss! I can see what Zenith was talking about !] . She said, chirping up a storm. She was usually pretty reserved, but when it comes to travel honestly she couldn't resist herself. She giggled at her now energetic companion, holding her close as it seemed the destination was likely.

There were somethings that caught her off guard. One of those was the interaction several pokemon had with someone such as 'Gyrados' . She honestly shivered slightly seeing the monstrosity, while Eevee had a look of power glaring at it. While Eevee was shy about a lot of different things, battling was something the Eevee enjoyed. So, she was wondering if this would be a good starting battle, but was called off before anything interesting happened.Eevee scoffed softly, looking dissappointed, but Frankie rubbed it affectionately "You'll find a good fight on the Island... I promise" .

As if on cue, she saw what was seemingly a virtual master with a Salamence glaring at her wickedly. Without much thinking, she looked over to Eevee , her face asking if she wanted to attempt it, and she nodded [Time to See what you got, Big Boy !] . It said, jumping unto the platform to battle the virtual pokemon. The battle began with a powerful Dragon Rush, almost appearing as a blur. However, Eevee was far qucker, avoiding the Dragon Rush as it zipped across the battlefield . Frankie didn't say anything, but Eevee somehow knew what she wanted and started with a technique she picked up called "Protective Reflect Sphere: Assault" . A variant of the Protect move, she conjured up a Barrier akin to 'Protect' , but focused it solely to her paws, combining with Reflect, making it look like a sphere. Then she used Iron Tail to send the attack at the Salomence.

The result was not only the Attack somehow doubling the effect back at the Salomence, but literally send the giant pokemon flying backwards. It was a one-shot due to essentially taking its power + the force behind the ball. While this was considered elementary, this unique usage of the move Protect allowed her to win matches ontop of matches against Zenith's Pokemon in the past back when she took breaks from the Spire off the Island . Eevee looked accomplish and stated [The best offense is a defensive tactic that can't fail. It was always great to pull that off] . She nodded in agreement, and Eevee was helped to climb unto Frankie's shoulders

As she was introduced to other places within the Spire, including the plaza, her eyes widened at the intricate detail. She sort of spaced out due to all the people freaking her out , but managed to hear the final words of accessing her Trainer Card. Now, she was pale. She had no idea whether to do both her card and Zenith's own or not. She was asked for her Trainer Card by the attendent. When she gave her Zenith's Trainer Card, and upon verifying her identity, with a defeated look on her face :

"Beep. Welcome to the Spire, Spire Master Frankie. Please head wherever you would like until you are called for important events " . She softly looked a bit worried, wondering if anyone else heard the attendant. After confirming g no one did, she softly said "... Thank you sir. Have a nice day " . With that, she headed to get a better view of the island, wandering and wandering to random public locations. She believed she would met other trainers battling eventually.

She eventually made it to the Plaza. and then met up with some trainers who just so happened to challenge a Spire Master. While she wasn't one for unnecessary violence and showboating, it was her turn to watch and observe, and wait for an opportunity to ask some questions.

After the battle , she went up to Ajay @Frontier Master quietly, unable to hold back her complaints any longer. " Umm... Mister ? I honestly don't care what rank you hold. What you said wasn't nice, showboating for the sake of proving superiority " . She said, looking at the poor trainer and shaking her head [,@Foxex ]. She couldn't stand those who battled for such self-centered reasons.

With that, she pulled her hood back, revealing a set of icy cold blue eyes that the Spire Masters likely would've recognized who participated when her Alter Zenith was battling , as they showed the same exact eyes when offically pissed off " M... My name is Frankie. His decision doesn't reflect his true strength within, and if you only see the surface, you wouldn't be able to see that. Achievements do not reflect your strength, Mister. True Strength comes from making a decision that reflects the safety of their pokemon, and being able to see beyond skin deep power, and someone disregarding that for the sake of being high and mighty. asserting dominance towards those merely trying to prove their worth and grow, as this establishment is founded on, doesn't deserve such a high honor as a 'Spire Master'. So please, stop acting so above it all, calm it down, and let us congratulate him for having the courage to face a wall such as this. Facing the impossible is how one grows... So please don't do anything to him, and if something is to be done, I'll take it instead " . Lily the Eevee was shocked, and so was her Alter, but both saw just how willing she was to break her shell for someone she didn't even personally know.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia grinned. "Sounds good."
She glanced down at her Pokeballs, contemplating. Finally, she pulled the Pokeball of her choice - a Luxury Ball - out of its spot. She readied it, feeling excited. The ball quivered in her hand, as if the Pokemon contained inside could hardly contain its excitement.
"Let's release on the count of three, alright?" she asked, ensuring her opponent was okay with it.
She held the sphere in the air, counting down. "One - two - three! Forte, present!"
The Lilligant was released from her Luxury Ball, performing a simple pose.

Last edited:
@EeviumZ

On the final count of ‘three’, Lorenne gave the Pokeball in her hand a gentle toss forward. The capsule emitted a brilliant flash of light, and a nimble, rather small Pokémon leaped onto the field. With its razor like claws, it shook several shimmering ice shards from its crimson-feathered head crest. The Sharp Claw Pokemon began to survey its new surroundings with a careful, yet inquisitive gaze.

“Alright then, Ace, this will be our first battle on Veritas island. Let’s make it a good one, alright?” Ace nodded in affirmation, and gave a sly smile.

<Of course.>

We’re ready when you are.” Lorenne paused patiently for Talia’s selection.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Let's start things off with Sunny Day!"
Forte raised her arms, and the already bright sun suddenly grew harsher.
"Now! Charm!"
The grass-type launched into the air, before performing an airborne twirl and summoning several pink hearts around herself, winking cutely as she sent them towards her opponent.

The hearts circled about Ace for a moment, then shattered on contact. The Weavile kept a mostly stoic face, but winced a bit as it’s attack was sharply lowered.

Starting with Charm isn’t ideal...and Sunny Day will be an obstacle for sure. Lorenne began to consider Ace’s first move, one that had potential to turn things in their favor later on.
We can’t have Lilligant set up any further.

“Taunt first, then Ice Punch, rapid fire! Keep up the pressure!” Ace surrounded itself with a nefarious aura, and lifted a claw to beckon the Lilligant to attack.

Once Taunt had finished, Ace moved quickly to his next move. One of Ace’s claws became cloaked in ice and freezing to the touch. The Weavile lunged forward at the Lilligant, launching a quick punch aimed at the chest, then prepared to back up and attack again in quick succession.

Charm can keep the attacks from doing much damage, but it can’t slow Ace down.
Lorenne watched carefully for Forte’s next command.

Q staggered to the side after his attack finished, looking very banged up. The Gallade was quite clearly leaning to the right, holding his right arm and breathing heavily. A grin came across his face as he watched Kay collapse, and Q decided to sit down as well. He needed a breather. Crossing his legs, the Gallade slowed his breathing and put his fists together to meditate. For the third time, the healing power of Life Dew flowed through the Gallade.
"<Yayy! Woohoo!>" Cherry cheered, jumping into the air with joy and waving her pom-poms.

"I'll say! You're fantastic!" Robin called over, quickly crossing the battlefield over to Edward. A wide grin was still on his face as he made his way over to the other trainer. "I consider myself to be a near expert when it comes to slashing moves, but I've never heard of that Solar Blade move! What the heck was that?!"
The swordsman looked around, wondering if the battle had attracted anyone's attention or any potential customers to his little move stand set-up. Was Akabane still around? Robin wondered.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
That Taunt's going to be quite the annoyance. No matter...
Out of pure instinct, Forte fired a Seed Bomb at the ground, creating a cloud of smoke. When the puff cleared, the Lilligant was gone, having fled. Green vines suddenly snaked out of the ground, moving to wrap around the Weavile: the attack Grass Knot.
"Petal Blizzard, now!"
A violent storm of leaves suddenly stirred up around Forte, who had moved neatly to the left side of the field. The blizzard grew larger, launching at Ace.

"It's all good, sometimes those things happen. Just didn't expect it, though next time I'll remember." He said in reply to Shade's story. "It's fine, criticism is necessary sometimes. It's just that I've always done that with my Pokemon, to the point where it's kinda become a habit. Though I do hear where you're coming from, it'll take some training for them all to manage it."

Blades of grass uprooted from the ground around Ace, and the agile Pokémon acted in an instant, whirling it’s claws in a 360 degree spin to mow down the vines snaking up around him.

Now, there would be a second threat to deal with, Petal Blizzard. Ace didn’t have much time to react, so Lorenne settled on a simple parry.

“Icy Wind!”

A freezing whirlwind of air formed around Ace, whipping forward and at bit to the left to clash with the flurry of petals. Some petals still managed to push through the icy wind, chipping away at the Weavile. Ace assumed a defensive stance with his claws up before his face, watching Forte through the gyre of Petal Blizzard and Icy Wind.

“Watch for an opening.” Lorenne instructed. Ace waited patiently for a few more moments for the dust to clear. Any minute now, Forte was likely to attack again.

Shade smiled more, her depressive cloud in her eyes seeming to disappear and her cheery disposition came back in full swing, almost like it never happen. Her mood swings were almost akin to a child. "Oh, thank goodness. Well, seeing that Rebecca is done, we should follow her. And yes, training is good. I don't like the saying 'practice makes perfect', as it doesn't get you to perfection, just one step closer to it. But it's like an exponential graph - meaning that we can only get so close to number 1, but we will always be a few decimal places above it and we can never fully achieve the actual number 1. Anyway, is there anything that you want to know? I am a good source of information for current Battle Masters and Spire Masters, as I tend to try and learn everyone and get along with everyone."

All of Shade's Pokemon, except for her Alolan Raichu, returned back to their PokeBalls, as they seemed to get bored. Of course, Chu took notice of a strange woman with a Shiny Eevee. The luster and silver color of the Pokemon's fur caught the attention of Shade as well, and she looked to see who it was. When she pulled down her hood, she kind of recognized who she was. She was a little new to her though. Probably a Spire Master she didn't recognize, as she only got along great with only three of the Spire Masters, while Rebecca was a bit of an acquaintance. Shade raised an eyebrow as she saw that Frankie was trying to stand up for Trevor. Shade decided to stay away from that conversation, as she wanted to forget her psychotic episode.

"Oh - Solar Blade? It's essentially the physical counterpart to Solar Beam. You don't see it that often, because - if I remember correctly - only Lurantis can learn it naturally. However, a few more Pokemon can learn it by TM - Gallade included." Edward was enjoying being able to share this knowledge with another trainer. "It's usually a little impractical in battle, given the charge time, but it is seriously powerful when it connects." He looked around for a few moments before turning back to the swordsman. "If you'll pardon me, I should go look for a healing machine to get Kay back to full health. I'll talk to you later!" With that, Edward jogged off in search of said healing machine.

Trevor was just silent, staring down at the floor holding Mica's Pokéball. His breathing was heavy, almost huffing through his nose. "How... how is there such a huge difference...?" he asked as Rebecca walked up to him.

"Look Trevor, to be perfectly honest, the difference is not as big as it seems, but the things that do differ between you and me, or Ajax, are things that do make a big difference. The biggest thing is the mindset of yourself and your Pokémon, as well as the way you battle. Like I said earlier, some of you may thrive in this environment while others will need to adjust and adapt. There is no room for egos here, everyone started out on the island as a Participant like yourself, what you get out of this island is up to you." Rebecca placed a hand on his trebling shoulder and smiled. "If it makes you feel any better, I did the exact same thing you did the first time I arrived on this island, except I got destroyed by a Spire Master.

Rebecca looked at Frankie, something about her was familiar but she couldn't place it exactly.

Trevor looked up at Rebecca, "Reflect back on this battle and analyze it, I'm sure you can learn a whole lot from it... which reminds me. All battles fought in official Spire arenas are recorded and available for viewing and playback. Just access any of the Spire Trainer Information Kiosks, or STIK, and there should be an option to view your recorded battles. STIKs are scattered through out the island, and there will also be one in your personal rooms, they double as phones among a ton of other useful features." Rebecca turned and indicated to the STIK that Ajax was using earlier. "Alright, we've spent enough time on this. Lets get to the Resort area, and get you guys into your rooms." Rebecca led the group of new comers down a downwards stone lined path. Trevor follwoed silently in the group looking more determined and fired up. The vista before them was an ocean expanse with the crescent shaped beach and its white sand in the corner, slightly further into the mainland were three huge buildings that resembled supersized mansions rather than resort-like hotels. Their architecture was very modern and contemporary, each was uniquely designed with bold geometric shapes, glass, and decorative protrusions, balconies, and large terraces.

<Ceres>
Ceres watched as he rest of the group followed Rebecca, but she stayed behind and approached Ajax and Frankie once most people had gone. "Well that was a jolly show wasn't it?" Ceres smiled at the two people in front of her. "Frankie was it? Lovely to meet you!" Ceres held out her hand with a grin. "I'm Ceres Aeons, and don't worry too much about Trevor, he's probably more motivated now than ever. A lot of people come here at first with very overly inflated egos, Trevor just so happens to have the courage to speak up. I am sure there were plenty of other in the crowd that was thinking the same thing that Trevor was. Things like this happens every year, and it puts things into perceptive for the new comers or else often times they will end up in denial or depressed once they battle their first Battle Master." Ceres looked over at Moegami who was now audibly making sounds as he juggled a small pebble with his feet and didn't notice. Whisper looked over at him as well and swiped the pebble from him with one of her tails. Moegami shrugged, <Sorry.>

Last edited:
Frankie looked a little timid all of a sudden, realizing what she did, and her eyes returned to normal. She said softly "Umm... I apologize for that. I... I didn't mean to sound so mad" . She said , bowing to AjaX ( Wbecause she realized how out of line she was, as her self-depreciation increased significantly as Zenith's influence washed away from her. When all of her vigor was gone, Frankie turned to Rebecca, as she heard a familiar voice laugh within her mind. "Ahh Rebecca, still the same as before... Her look was always so inquisitive, as if it hid several questions and implications" . Zenith said within her mind, reminiscing over what it was like in the past. Frankie shook her head meaningfully, feeling bad that.

As Ceres ( @Foxex ) was now the one to observe her, she looked a bit guilty. She felt a stirring in her mind that could only mean one thing: It was time. Should she tell her now ? When she felt a shock in her mind it was essentially Zenith her yes. She trembled slightly, but knew her other wouldn't let her leave this spot without doing it . She was so nervous, but she had to do it... For her Pokémon and Zenith's sake. "Umm... Okay Miss Ceres. Nice to meet you too, Miss Ceres ? I don't know how to tell you this, but... this isn't technically the first time we met." . She said, her heart beating fast as she went ahead and pulled out her Trainer Card, which was the same design as someone who was officially a Spire Master, and the mask Zenith wore. "Umm... She and I are one and the same, different minds yet same body . She is my Alter, my Split Personality who came here the last couple of seasons as I … Uhmm… D-Didn't like Pokémon Battling and was too scared to meet you guys . I believe Z-Zenith told the other Spire Masters about me before she left last season ?". To prove it was her even further, as an masculine voice (for a Female) voice yelled within her mind to call out the name of a certain Charizard that the Spire Master(s) likely would've recognized as It was Zenith's Ace from every single Season prior to that , Zenith's regular booming voice echoed through Frankie's Subconsciousness : "Haaades !!".

Immediately, a deafening roar could be heard as a Shiny Charizard, Black in Color hence the name, headed into the plaza upon being called by it's master(s).The Connection was so strong that it didn't matter where Frankie/Zenith was in relation to Charizard, or even if Zenith and or Frankie was in the subconscious and asked for her Charizard , he would find it's master and respond to their calling . He would be roaring after getting close enough, and as he did a powerful gust of pressure erupted from Charizard, signifying it's strength. It nuzzled Frankie, who merely giggled at her affectionate Behemoth and just rubbed it's back in appreciation "Thank you Hades … For always being there. You can leave now until you are needed, my dear companion". With that, the powerful Charizard rushed out as soon as it was told to leave . As soon as her Ace left for the timeas she showed them Zenith's Trainer Card, confirming they were one . "I... Don't know what the standard procedure is, and I'm sorry for hiding it for so long " . She said, pointing to her Partner Eevee who never left her shoulder this entire time "This is Lily, my partner . I... I hope to do well in the Spire just as Zenith did, and not disappoint and sully the title Zenith left for me". She said, bowing slightly.

Last edited:
"Hey, yeah! See you around!" Robin said, waving as Edward ran off. The swordsman ran a hand through his hair, letting out a breath. That was a fun battle, and hopefully a few people were watching. Free advertising for his TM stand. Let's see... Edward had said that Solar Blade move was a TM move now? He'd have to get his hands on one of those... Robin made his way back to his TM and Move Tutor set up, sitting down and leaning against a fence. Q continued to see two his wounds with Life Dew, meditating. Cherry simply scampered back over to Robin, sitting by the swordsman and smiling happily. Robin scanned the plaza, looking for any potential customers that would be interested in buying a TM or getting a move tutored. Or at the very least, checking out the wares.

"There isn't really anything I'd like to ask, I prefer to learn things myself. It's kinda like a way of learning to deal with the unexpected." Following what he said, Bailey began to follow Rebecca to the resort area, and he was stunned by the beautiful buildings and architecture. "This is where we're staying!?" He asked Shade, a look of excitement on his face.

Having just finished a quick yet intense match with a trainer with a Crawdaunt (who, for no apparent reason, was equipped with Choice Specs), Max shifted his attention to the trainer named Rebecca, who seemed to be the (abnormally powerful) tour guide. He tried to recall what the invitation said and thought to himself:
She must be one of those....what are they called......Bastiodon Markers? Bagon Masters? Hm...probably should've paid more attention to the details and whatnot. I caught a glimpse of her battle just now and from the looks of it, she completely steamrolled that guy.

Following Rebecca, Max couldn't take his eyes off the spectacular buildings. He said to Liepard in a hushed voice:
"This is certainly better than the motels we stayed at in Hoenn, isn't it?"
Liepard pounced on Max in excitement, unable to contain its happiness. Its trainer usually wasted all his money on giant stacks of Alolan Pancakes, never bothering to save money to move out of their cramped apartment. This would be the first time in forever that the two would be able to sleep without a Whismur breaking the sound barrier on the floor right above.

Shade smiled a little, agreeing with how he learns since she did the same thing. Chu decided to surf away from the Spire lady and follow her trainer.

When they arrived to the resort area, Shade lost herself in the architecture. She always did. It was beautiful. She didn't stop staring when she commented at Bailey's excitatory exclamation, a sweet smile on her face as she dreamily looked at them. "Yup. It is beautiful. It's all beautiful. I took pictures and showed my little sis, who is an interior decorator and an artist on the side. She loved it and began ranting to me about how absolutely perfect it is. But then she saw some flaws, but that didn't stop her from seeing how perfect it was. She really wants to be the one who decorates the inside, but I told her she had to get better with her skills first before she can attempt at this masterpiece."

Chu excitedly began surfing around the place, causing a few people to stare and some to smile and giggle. Others were mumbling about how her trainer should return her, as a Pokemon running around rampant spelled trouble. Chu and Shade heard the mumbling, but they did nothing. There was no point to.

After Chu had her fill of running around, she returned to her trainer's side. The mumbling stopped when people peeked over to see the bright LED color of the Battle Master card, and they went back to their business. Shade just chuckled before looking back at Bailey, a smile still plastered on her face.

(gosh I replied late)
Luna
~~~~
A Cinderace?" Luna looks around and doesn’t see, to find a Cinderace near him, "No, I’m sorry I don’t know where it is!" Before Luna could try to help find her Cinderace, he was panicking himself, he had dropped Toty’s Pokéball! He looked around desperately on the hard ground, "Toty?! Toty?!" He was sure she would reply but he didn’t hear anything. Where was that Feraligatr?

Toty had just popped out of her Pokéball after being dropped out. Where’s that’s oblivious boy?
~~~~
Akabane
~~~~
As Robin finished his intense battle with someone, Akabane had flown above them to see it in full action. After the 2 finished there battle, she saw that Robin had noticed Akabane’s disappearance. "Merry, Stahlflügel" Akabane whispered to her Skarmory with a tiny giggle.

Merry’s eyes seemed to have lowered a little, giving a glare at Robin. She sent 3 wings of steel, each with 4, sharpened-feathers, at speeds so fast, you could hear a screech. Each went in different directions, as if they had a mind of their own. 2 collided into each other, merging in-fact, creating a bigger wing, while the other wing, landed behind Robin. In hopes of distraction, the bigger wing went in front of him, missing him by just a few inches.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(whoops, sorry for replying so late)

Talia observed Forte carefully. The red aura of Taunt still surrounded the Grass-type. An annoying tactic, she admitted to herself, but not infallible.
Suddenly, her performer's instinct kicked in. Focusing not on the power of the moves, but the aesthetic. She looked at the red aura, and suddenly had an idea.
"Store your energy!" she commanded, specifically not using the name of the move. Forte did not attack, but simply stood in place, the red energy around her growing almost imperceptibly brighter.

The two metal wing flew by Robin with a screech, making the swordsman flinch and instantly draw his blade. The sudden noise surprised Cherry as well, and the Plusle jumped a whole two feet into the air with fright. Q instantly jumped to his feet at the noise, his relaxed demeanor disappearing immediately. Armblades out and ready to fight, the Gallade quickly scanned the area for the threat. Upon seeing it was just Akabane, Robin let out an irritated sigh and sheathed his blade. He quickly checked the TMs and HMs he had on display before letting out a sigh of relief. While one or two had been moved thanks to the wind of the attack, they were all still intact and in working order.
"That was the second time you've done something like that, you know." Robin said, facing Akabane. He wasn't as pleased as the first time it had happened. "You should be more careful. Another inch or so to the right, and you would have smashed my whole TM stand. And with these, you break them, you buy them. Not to mention, that looked like a pretty legit Steel Wing. A less charitable person might get a little more upset than I am that you just aimed a move like that at them."

Seeing that it was only another person playing a prank, Cherry's fur settled down. Her happy demeanor was soured slightly as she jumped into Robin's lap, curling up against the blue-haired swordsman. Q relaxed as well, sitting back down and entering into his meditative state once again. Usually he'd try to mess with a Pokemon that did something like that, but right now he was still tired from the battle with Kay. The Gallade still needed some time to recover.

@soxterluna

Akabane
~~~~
Akabane flew down to Robin and landed with a plop. She giggled just a bit hearing Robin rant and replied, "I know I know, but we’re at the Battle Spire, most people will react like you, after all, most of us are serious. We participants have done everything a trainer can do, and have been invited to the Battle Spire for that reason. Those TM’s by the way, I could buy them if I broke them, but that’s very unlikely. Merry’s aim was very much precise. She very much aimed those wings at you, making sure that she didn’t hurt anyone or destroy anything, except the ground. Now, from you and your Pokémon’s stance and expression, you guys seem to be tired."

Akabane grabbed 12 Oran Berries, known to heal you a little, but also have a side effect most people don’t know. They seem to just boost your energy a little because of their healing properties and it’s mixed flavors, satisfying most of it’s consumers. "Here," handing Robin and each of his Pokémon Oram berries, "eat this, you’ll a bit better, you might be even able to fight again!" Akabane just another giggle.

@Captain Cardboard

Robin watched Akabane drop down before sighing and shaking his head again.
"You don't know that most people will react like I do. Just because you made it to the Battle Spire doesn't mean you should let it go to your head. And anyway, last time I check even Pokemon can make mistakes." Done with his rant, Robin brushed off the dirt kicked up from the Steel Wing, and brushed the dirt off his TMs as well. He simply raised a hand and shook his head when Akabane offered him an Oran Berry, as did Q. Cherry, on the other hand, watched Akabane suspiciously for a moment before taking the Oran Berry that was offered to her. She sniffed the berry carefully before smiling and digging into the sweet fruit. Q finished his meditation, using Life Dew one last time before easily jumping back to his feet. He was completely energized!

"Thanks, but I'm good." Robin said to Akabane. Now that the woman was in front of his stand, the swordsman managed a small grin before gesturing to his wares. "Well, now that you're here, see anything you'd like? I'd assume that you don't really need much for your team, but than again I could be wrong. But a lot of these can help in making traveling easier. Like this one, a Kanto HM05."
Robin picked up an older-looking silver disk, still in good condition, with HM05 inscribed on it.
"Very good for navigating dark caves. Or this Sinnoh HM08." Robin put down the first HM, picking up another slightly newer looking silver disk with a slightly different design. This one had HM08 inscribed on it. "Great for climbing otherwise impassible rocky terrain. Then of course, there's one of my favorites."
Robin picked up a third silver-disk, with a different design from the first two. This one was inscribed 'TM43'.
"Now this one... This one's for Secret Power. It's a more meh move when it comes to battling, not too many Pokemon learn it, a lot of people have never even heard of the move. But it does have a pretty great secret that not many people know about..." Robin said, waving the TM slightly.

Feeling okay and ready to go, Q casually sauntered up to Akabane's Scarmory. He was once again in his relaxed posture, looking the large metal bird Pokemon up and down as he walked around it.
"<You seem pretty tough. That was a good attack you just did.>" Q said to Merry, a grin on his face.

Just as he was lost in thought admiring the architecture, Max felt a vibration from his left pocket. He reached in his pocket, pulling out his Magnephone™. He looked at the notification that appeared on the screen and read:

"Your Spire Profile has been successfully uploaded to the public database!
What the.....I don't remember updating any profile. Huh, maybe it just used my Pokemon League profile? Let's see here..."

Liepard snickered evilly out of sight and walked back to its trainer, trying to keep a straight face. While Max was busy ogling at fancy pillars and whatnot, Liepard swiped his phone and filled out his profile and uploaded it to the Spire database, where everybody could view it.

The profile said:
Name: Mack Handlebars (The picture provided was Max's awkward middle school graduation photo)
Title: "The Green-Haired Glutton"
Battle Style: Eat the opposing Pokemon
Notable Achievements: Won 10 million pokedollars in prize money from tourneys but can barely pay rent
(The Pokemon section was completely normal except for Liepard's picture, which was a picture of Liepard's head poorly photoshopped onto the body of Lugia)

Max's eyes widened in confusion and then in panic when he realized the profile was public.
"Sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t where's the delete button?!! I have to log in? Oh god, what's my password? ......What do you mean I'm locked out of my account?!"

Akabane
~~~~~
"Well yes, Pokémon can make mistakes, yes, each of my Pokémon have had their fair share of mistakes, but for Merry, aim isn’t one of them. If her intent is to no hurt someone, it has a high probability it won’t hurt them. Of course Merry did once chop a part of Luna’s sister, Sashley’s hair off." Akabane watched as they turned down the Oram berries except Cherry, who was glad to eat one. "Well that’s ok, not everyone is willing to take a berry after getting pranked like that, they might even be poisoned. Though I never do that, just not a thing for me." Akabane stared at his stand of HM’s and TM’s, "Well then, that certainly a way to advertise, well, I did almost destroy this stand, so I guess I’ll buy some." Luna writes down a list of all the TM’s she wants to buy,
  • Johto TM03
  • Johto TM23
  • Johto TM30
  • Johto TM47
  • Sinnoh TM02
  • Alola TM99
"Do you happen to have these? I only want these for now." Akabane grabs a few thousand Pokémon Dollars and hands it to him, "should this be enough if you have all of them?"

@Captain Cardboard

Robin glanced through list, nodding as he went through his mental checklist.
"Alright, I got all this stuff but Shadow Ball and the Alolan one. The Johto ones are all old TMs, so it's a one-use then you're done type of deal. It's 1000 Pokedollars per TM. And don't you complain that it's an unfair price, I could easily take these guys to a PokeMart and get quite a bit more if I sold them there." Robin said. He gestured to the cardboard sign with the prices on it, quickly putting it back up since it had been blown over by Steel Wing attack. The blue haired swordsman reached into his backpack, pulling out a TM case. The trainer expertly removed the few TMs he had that Akabane had asked for.
"Right. Curse, Iron Tail, Steel Wing and Shadow Claw." Robin said, handing the four TMs over to Akabane.
"Unfortunately, I'm out of little baggies. So you'll just have to take them yourself." Robin joked to the woman.

Akabane
~~~~~
"Nice, they’re not to expensive," Akabane hands over 4,000 Pokédollars and takes the TM’s, "that doesn’t matter, I have a baggie for TM’s, I’ll give them to Luna later." Akabane take her bag and puts the TM’s in their respective pockets. "Luna especially loves Johto TM’s, so these should be a nice gift for him."

Oh, that? That attack was simple enough, just a pair of wings coming at you. Merry was now conversating with the Gallade. We’re probably gonna Battle you know? I saw that battle Robin had there, and Akabane has this urge to battle someone at the time, since she can’t wait for the Spire to actually happen. Well, do you want to know anything about Akabane? It may help you against a possible future fight with her.

"Well, now that I’ve bought just a few TM’s," Akabane gives a wide grin to the blue-haired man, "would you like to spar?"

@Captain Cardboard

Ethan had been watching Trevor and Rebecca's battle from the crowd, disguised by his casual clothing and average appearance. This could seem odd to some people, but the Battlemaster enjoyed being incognito during the first stages of every season, as this allowed him to gauge the challengers without intimidating them by his official position, it did also help that many participants with larger egos tended to underestimate the Battle Spire's staff, specially someone with an unassuming appearance such as himself. The other Battlemasters and Spire Masters already knew him.

After having a word the rest of Spire's staff, the Battlemaster headed outside towards the resort area accompained, hoping to kill time before the ceremony. As usual, Kohaku, a female Mawile, accompained him outside of her pokeball, happily following the trainer's pace. Ethan took seat on a bench near a berry juice stand, purchasing a bowl of pinap juice for Kohaku and a bowl of mago berry juice for himself. After taking a few sips, the Battlemaster turned to his pokemon. "That was quite the show back there at the arena, wasn't it? Almost feel sorry for him." Kohaku nodded, turning towards Ethan. "There's always one..." He followed up, giving a small chuckle, finishing his berry juice.

While getting up, Ethan could overhear what sounded like a Pokemon battle nearby. "Wanna go have a look?" He asked, turning to Kohaku, who enthusiastically nodded. The noises started to get louder as he approached, which seemed to belong to a Weavile and a Lilligant. He noticed two young girls completely focused on their battle upon reaching the battlefield, as such, the battlemaster in disguise and his pokemon took a seat on the grass under a nearby tree's shadow, hoping not to distract them.