• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Shade smiled warmly before looking over at her Pokemon. She looked at Bailey a little upset before speaking to him. "I need to make sure he didn't bite your Pokemon's throat too hard. May I see him? I took biology, and a little bit of medicine, in college, so I know how to aid in first aid. And yes, I'm stronger than you realize because I'm not exactly new here, nor am I just a face here."

When she opened up her trench coat, her body could be seen. And her card, which had a different LED color border. On it had her name and rank: Battle Master.

When she opened up her trench coat, she took out a Max Potion and began to liberally cover Schwartz after giving him a Revive and several Leppa Berries to suck on. Seeing that he wasn't too badly injured, she looked over at Bailey and waited for him to pull out his Pokemon.

Kay and Edward smirked simultaneously as Q charged forward in an attack. Just as predicted. Kay allowed the Psycho Cut to strike him full on, leaning back with the attack. Now. Kay used the momentum from being struck to pivot into a spinning leap with an almost dance-like movement. "Aerial Ace!" Given that Aerial Ace is almost sure to hit, and taking into account Laser Focus and type effectiveness, this should do some damage. Kay's spin picked up speed as his left armblade swung around, glowing a pale blue.

"How's this for a quicker attack?"

Bailey released Hydreigon once again, he appeared to have minor claw marks over most of his torso and a major bite mark just below his neck, he also had a few burns scattered around his body from using Outrage. Bailey commented on Shade's trainer card while waiting for her to tend to Hydreigon's wounds. "So you're a Battlemaster? Well that definitely makes you a cut above the rest. Would that also be the reason for the clothes you were wearing?" He asked.

She chuckled a bit in response before looking over his Hydreigon. Nothing too serious, but that bite mark was worrying. She sprayed a disinfectant on the claw marks, bite mark, and burns, and then gave the Pokemon a Revive, several Leppa Berries, and a liberal dosing of a Max Potion. She saw the wounds heal quickly and she sighed in relief.

"Yes, my full name is Shadara Darastrix. I am also a genetics and general Pokemon researcher, and I came here a few times so I can become a Battle Master and get my name out there. Your Hydreigon should be fine now. But my clothes was just a way to hide who I am from the participants so they think I'm one of them," she turned to her Hydreigon. "You feeling better, Schwartz?"

The dragon nodded slowly and looked over at Bailey's Hydreigon. Giving a snort, he said in a series of growls, <I accept you as my rival, as you have proven your worth.>

Shade smiled, figuring what he said, and returned him. "Wow, I never would have thought that Schwartz would be impressed by you and your Pokemon's performance. He usually stays silent and makes sure nobody hurts me, regardless of their intentions. Well, now that's out of the way, let's go to Rebecca."

@EeviumZ

Polka chirruped happily back at Harmony, creating a sound that sounded a bit like singing and a bird tweet. He was clearly happy to meet another fairy type Pokémon, and seemed to share a similar wavelength with the Togekiss.

“So then,” Lorenne back turned to Talia. “If you don’t mind me asking, where are you from? It seems like there are trainers from almost everywhere on Veritas, and it’s always interesting to hear about regions I haven’t visited.”

The strike hit Q hard, sending the Gallade flying back and tumbling across the ground. Usually when Q was sent flying by an enemy's attack, he would manage to stab one of his armblades into the ground and stop himself. But this attack completely knocked the wind out of him, and he slowly rolled to a stop at Robin's feet.
"Oh crap." Robin muttered, looking down at Q. The Gallade slowly got back to his feet, taking a few breaths.
"<Aaah! Q! Go, go! Fight, fight! I believe in you!>" Seeing the terrible hit Q just took, Cherry's cheering grew louder and more intense. It was as if she was trying to give Q her own energy. Q managed to shoot Cherry a small smile before getting back to his feet.
"<That... was a good hit...>" Q called over to Kay.
"Hm... I suppose that was a little rash of me, huh?" Robin said, scratching the back of his head. "I'm starting to remember how good you fought. Q, Life Dew!"

The Gallade hit his fists together as a blue aura surrounded him. Water dripped off his arms and body, and a bit more energy began to flow back into his body.
"<Sorry, man. Got to look cool in front of my friend, and going down in one hit definetly isn't.>" Q stepped forward once again, taking a defensive position and watching Kay carefully.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki made note of Kari’s Pokémon, just in case he’d have to face her in the future. He just guessed on the typings of them, as he didn’t know any Pokémon outside of Kanto of Johto. He then gazed at the at the Greninja. He was generally astounded at it’s Protean ability. Before he realized it, the Pokémon was using Grass Knot. This was a sure K.O.! “Axol, Protect!”, he stammered. He wasn’t one to use Protect willy-nilly, but he couldn’t risk the chance of Axol avoiding anything. The Quagsire summoned a force-field with it’s hands, attempting to block the incoming attack.

"Good job, Kay!" Edward was pleased by the successful attack, but he couldn't let his guard down just yet. Kay had taken a full-on Pyscho Cut to not insignificant damage, and Q had just used a move that he had never seen before. It looked like a healing move, so the other Gallade was likely not feeling the full effect of the Aerial Ace right now. If we attack right now, it could very well end just as poorly as Q's attack against Kay. Since we seem to be at an impasse... "Kay, use Swords Dance!" we might as well power up.

Kay quickly performed another series of slashing movements, working himself up. When he finished and fell back to his defensive stance, the blades on his arms seemed even sharper than before.

Now, we wait.

"Alright, man. Two can play at that game." Robin called over to Edward. "Q, Swords Dance!"
Just like Kay, Q began to perform a series of slashing movements at the same time. Just to spite the other Gallade, he attempted to mirror Kay's movements as he did so. Finishing the dance, Q shot Kay a cocky grin. While his slashing movements stopped, Q continued to move around in a dance-like fashion, staying light on his toes and moving in a quick but unpredictable fashion.
"<Woo hoo! Go Q! Hotter then steel! Stronger than the sun! Q won't stop until he gets the job done!>" Cherry chanted from the sidelines, waving her electric pom poms.

In Robin and Q's travels, the pair had seen quite a few martial arts utilized by Pokemon and people. But none really caught Q's eye quite like one called Capoeira. They had first seen it when they were traveling in Unova. In Castelia City, a Robin had a friendly battle with some other street performers, dancers. Their Pokemon, as well as themselves, moved and fought in such a strange, dance-like fashion. When Robin had asked what it was, the dancer simply grinned and responded with, 'Capoeira'. Ever since then, Q had worked to implement it into his fighting style. And that was what he began to use now. Q began to dance a little closer to Kay, keeping his guard up but still moving unpredictably. The Scope Lens continued to scan Kay, searching for any openings in the opposing Gallade's stance.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"I'm from Kalos, just like the rest of my family. If you couldn't tell by my accent." Indeed, the young woman had a faint Kalosian accent to her voice, making her Kalos heritage evident.
"We lived in Coumarine City for a while, but I've lived in Lumiose since I was around nine. It's quite the difference, I tell you. One of my personal favourites of the regions, even though I'm slightly biased..." She chuckled at this.

Harmony was beyond happy, gaining positive energy from both the humans and Pokemon around her. Buoyantly, she tapped Polka lightly with her wing, before darting away. <C'mon! Let's play tag!>

Shade gingerly took the electronic dictionary in her hands as she looked over everything. On the digital screen, she saw the 3D figure of the Obstagoon she had seen earlier. It read:

Species: Obstagoon
Type: Dark/Normal
The Blocking Pokemon
Average Height: 5'03" (1.6m)
Average Weight: 101.4lbs (46kg)
Evolves From: Galarian Linoone
Evolution Method: Training during night
Possible Abilities: Reckless, Guts, Defiant
Reckless - The power of recoil moves increases, but this also deals more damage to itself.
Guts - When Burned, Paralyzed, Asleep, or Poisoned, its physical attack increases and it ignores the lowering of physical attack if it is Burned.
Defiant - Its physical attack will raise sharply if it ever gets weaker physically or mentally or slower by an opponent.
It evolved after experiencing numerous fights. Its voice is staggering in volume. Obstagoon has a tendency to take on a threatening posture by crossing its arms and shout, which would make any opponent flinch—this move is known as Obstruct.

"Wow," was all Shade could say as she stared at the creature and the page. She had to find more.

The entire time they were walking to Rebecca, she was reading off the pages. It seemed like she was soaking all the information in, as she let the page sit there while she stared at it for a good 20 seconds before moving on. She then saw an entry about a Gigantamaxed Pokemon in there and looked at Bailey with a raised eyebrow, her eyes filled with curiosity and excitement at learning something new.

"Wow, these Pokemon are amazing. What are these Gigantamaxed Pokemon? I have heard of Dynamaxed Pokemon, but I only know the name and the fact that they grow to towering proportions. Are Gigantamaxed Pokemon just Pokemon who Dynamax but change forms?" Shade questioned. It seemed that her sprawling and investigative intellect allowed her to piece things together quite quickly than most would.

Last edited:
<Kari>
The Quagsire managed to get its Protect on time. The barrier formed around him just before the Grass Knot finished tying around him and exploded with green energy. "Well then!. Double Team then hit it with Night Slash."

Umbra's body flashed white as he sprinted around the Quagsire and his body began to blur and various copies of himself appeared running around the Quagsire. Every copy then flashed a deep violet color as they created water kunai's in each hand coated with dark energy preparing to strike. @XanthousXatu

<Rebecca>
She was moderately surprised by the Arrival of the Spire Master, and by the sounds of it he was putting on a persona. "Well then Ajax, do you have any advice for these new participants?" She was genuinely interested what Ajax had to say, the crowed of people before her was getting large enough so she was getting ready to lead them to resorts, so the participants could have a bit of free time to explore before the opening ceremony. @Frontier Master

Good grief. This really was reminiscent of the event where he had first met Robin. Now he and Kay seemed to be battling an enemy who was dancing at them, just like they had then. "Don't let his movements catch you off guard! Throw him off his groove!" Edward shouted to Kay.

Kay extended an armblade towards Q, and his eyes glinted pink as the Gallade used Telekinesis. If the plan worked out, Q would be immobilized for long enough so that Kay could get in an attack. However, the minimum effect that Edward and Kay were hoping for would be to knock the other Gallade off balance.

Edward called out, almost as a hasty afterthought, "If you see an opening, take it and use Blinkstrike Form 3!" A variation on one of Kay's favorite methods of attacking, the Blinkstrike Forms involved the Gallade teleporting behind his opponent and using an attack. Forms 1 and 2 corresponded to Close Combat and Psycho Cut respectively - Kay's strongest two attacks - but Form 3 corresponded to Aerial Ace, a move which Edward knew was likely to hit Q like a truck full of Snorlaxes.

Seeing what Edward was trying to do with the Telekinesis, Robin responded in kind.
"Q, Aerial Ace!" Robin commanded. Q quickly adapted to his new weightlessness, grinning at Kay. In less than a second, the Gallade had rotated in midair and stabbed into the ground with an armblade, using it to launch himself forward towards Kay at a high speed. At that moment, the Scope Lens finally got a ping. Not having to worry about hitting the ground thanks to Telekinesis, Q's armblade glowed with a light blue energy as a strong wind helped guide him towards his target. Q slashed at Kay with a glowing armblade, aiming for a weak point under the opposing Gallade's arm.

Shade's eyes lit up at the prospect of utilizing a giant Alolan Raichu in battle. She thought for a moment before asking again. "Do the moves change upon Dynamaxing? I would think so due to the energy they go through. And how long do they stay like that? With all that energy coursing through their bodies, I'm assuming not long. It's not like a constant influx of energy like what Mega Pokemon go through. Oh, what do you guys use to get them to Dynamax?"

The young woman was acting like a very sophisticated school girl at a candy store at this point, as she was completely enthralled. She then made a comment, chuckling to herself. "I wonder what new moves and abilities they have. Goodness, you always learn something new every day."

Lorenne nodded at Talia’s response. “Ah, another Kalosian! Nice to see I’m not the only one. I grew up in Laverre myself, and trained almost exclusively in Kalos. That explains my mostly Kalosian team.” She paused briefly, considering. “Speaking of which, would you be interested in a battle? Just a quick match, of course. One-on-one perhaps. I’d like to see how another Kalosian trainer has raised their Pokémon.” In Lorenne’s experience, a battle was always a sure way to catch a glimpse of a trainers character. “Although if we do battle,” She added. “perhaps we’ll leave Harmony and Polka out of the competition. They seem content to play on their own.”

Polka had happily obliged to the offer to play, never one to eschew competition. He quickly hopped after Harmony. The Wigglytuff’s light, air filled body easily floated many feet off the ground with every leap.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Jubilee Pokemon giggled airily, flying a few inches off the ground. Getting bored of her role, she stood still, leaving herself wide open to be tagged.

Talia considered for a moment, before smiling. "I'll take you up on that. Harmony seems really happy. She's always loved playing with fairy-types, so I'm sure she's having a ball."
She glanced over at Harmony, ensuring that the Flying-type was safe. "Hey, Harmony! You don't mind if I battle with someone else for this time?"
Harmony glanced back at her trainer, before chirping in response. <No problem!~>
"
She seems fine with it, from the looks of her. Should we find a battlefield?"

In the last moments before the boosted Aerial Ace struck Kay, Edward called out a last-ditch stratagem - "Kay, Double Team!" We originally worked on this technique as a training exercise for psychic energy control, but it might just work here too. An instant before the blow struck, Kay split into four Gallades, which landed one on each side of Q. From the looks of it, it had proven impossible to completely escape the Aerial Ace, but Kay was still standing firm.

Kay certainly wasn't in the best condition, but both he and Edward had seen worse injuries. Now, however, it was time to apply his training to battle. Breathe in... Breathe out... Each of the four Gallades' auras flared as psychic energy flowed between them, forestalling any attempts to sense which one was real through mind reading. "Now, use our newest attack: Solar Blade!" Each of the four Kays raised an armblade to the sky and started to gather energy. The sun was bright, but not quite bright enough to finish charging the attack in time to catch Q off guard. However, figuring out which Kay was real should take some time.

"Well, every move changes into a much more powerful version of itself, but there's only one for each type, Gigantamax Pokemon even get a signature move based on their typing. Also, if the move has nothing to do with attacking it changes into a much more powerful version of protect, they call it Max Guard." He explained, "And you would be right about them not being able to hold it for long, normally a Pokemon can only use three moves until it turns back to normal." He continued on now, beginning to explain how you can actually dynamax.

"To dynamax a Pokemon, you need something called a Wishing Star. They're very rare and have only been found in Galar, you then need to fit it into a special Dynamax band and even then you can only perform it at specific Power Spots in the region."

Ajax smiled at Rebecca further amping up his friendly persona before delivering some rather cynical ‘advice’
“When you get to the level of battling expertise showcased by myself and the other staff members here at the Spire. Luck is non-existent the better trainer will always win and we can usually tell within the first week here who the real challengers are and who definitely isn’t. Battling here is not a game, it’s not something for you to take lightly... if you can’t give 100% in every single battle then you’re wasting our time and you don’t deserve to be here. However those of you who are determined and willing to give it your all will find that your time here will be quite transformative” with that final note Ajax turned on his heels and begun to wander his way off away from the group

Shade looked at Bailey with wondrous awe as she listened to him. Despite her looking older than Bailey, she was looking up to him as if he were a Professor she admired, like that of Oak or Rowan. After a good 20 seconds of soaking that in, she nodded ecstatically and smiled wide. "Oh, wow, thank you. I need to go to Galar now, but after this season is over. I'm pretty sure my excitement will be assuaged with all the Galar Pokemon running around. I need to make a list of all these Pokemon, so I can tell my siblings about capturing more friends."

Shade then pulled out an android phone and found the message group that included her six siblings and their parents. She texted them about Dynamax, Gigantamax, Galar, and the Pokemon and how they should all go there to sightsee and possibly even compete in some region-wide challenge, since she figured they had something like that, as all regions she had gone to, except for a good few, did have some region-wide challenge.

She looked up to Bailey and thanked him again before realizing she was in the middle of a growing group in front of Rebecca. Shade looked about for more Galarian Pokemon, but with the view she had, she couldn't exactly see. Upset at not being able to find anything new and interesting right at this moment, she decided to ask Bailey as she was bored. "So, do you have any Galar Pokemon? And what other Pokemon do you have?"

She took a moment to raise an eyebrow at Ajax's speech before returning her attention to Bailey. Ajax wasn't wrong, but he was quite blunt about it. She could hear some people mumbling to themselves, some optimistically while others were either pessimistic or realistic about their chances to beat a Spire Master, let alone a Battle Master.

"Don't mention it, it's not like I know everything about them, that's just the basics." He said in reply to the thanks, "I don't have any Galarian Pokemon, but I do of course have more than just Hydreigon." Bailey revealed to Shade the rest of his Pokemon one by one, a Weavile, a Bisharp, a Heracross, a Milotic and a Togekiss. "I also have a Honchkrow, Luxray and Salamence, but right now they're all being taken care of in my hometown, Opelucid City."

Shade looked at all the Pokemon and, of course, saw their physical status and how well they were taken care of. All of them were very healthy and had a glow about them. Wanting to show her Pokemon, she let all of them out except for Schwartz.

Her Alolan Raichu, Chu, surfed about in the air on her tail after being released and shook her head a bit. She hated those things. Now that she was out, she won't go back in. She had a very healthy sheen to her fur and her electrical cheeks sparkled a bit, making the area around them smell like sweet pancakes. A yellow satchel could be seen dangling from a twine around her neck.

Next was Gengar, and he had a Mega Stone band around his waist with the Gengarite attached. Gar was his name and his fur also had the same healthy sheen. He also held quite the ghostly aura and he looked at everyone like they were potential prank victims and prey due to him eating emotions or dreams.

Next was Zim the Malamar. His skin was shiny and clean, as if he bathed, and he had a very dangerous aura surrounding him and there were scars on his body. He looked about as if he was always scheming. He had his Safety Goggles above his eyes, as he wasn't using them right now.

Next was Princess the female Jellicent. She looked about curiously then looked at the adorable Pokemon in front of her. Sweetly, she held out her tentacles and asked in her Pokespeach if they wanted a hug. She looked squeaky clean, too.

Then there was Doom the Houndoom. He looked a little better since waking up and he had an air of a leader about him. His horns were curled clear around so that the points were sticking forwards with his snout. He had scars across his body, but clean and shiny fur.

Next was Mitosis the Reuniclus. The shiny blob of massive cells looked about with a curious look before looking at Bailey's Pokemon. Cocking her head, she extended an enlarged cellular hand to greet one of them with a handshake and even offered a hand for Bailey to shake. She almost acted human.

Finally, there was Robin the Decidueye. This charming bird had his feathers all clean and he had a Zoom Lens clipped to the feathers of his head to stay put. He looked about as if he were securing the perimeter, but really he was showing off how cool he was to nearby female Pokemon. He snapped back to reality and realized there were some Pokemon here he didn't recognize. By sight and smell, he could tell that the Milotic, Togekiss, and Weavile were female. The playboy owl particularly took interest in the Togekiss and began sweet talking and complimenting the Jubilee Pokemon. He earned a slap from Zim at the back of his head, which he rubbed sheepishly and stopped trying to talk up the Togekiss, but that didn't stop him from winking at her.

Shade smiled at her party. All the memories flooded in as she looked upon them. There was one thing these Pokemon, including Schwartz, had in common: confidence and an aura that felt dark and dangerous, especially from the Gengar, the Houndoom, and the Malamar.

Shade then added sheepishly, "I have way more at my parent's ranch.... Way more... I can't begin to describe how many I have or even list them. But these Pokemon are my more battle ready Pokemon."

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
“Again, with the change in color...,” he mumbled. Loki wasn’t quite sure what he would do in a situation like this. He could use Muddy Water, or better yet, Blizzard. In theory it could destroy the other clones. “Axol!,” the trainer commanded,” Use Blizzard!” The Quagsire unleashed a flurry of ice from the inside of his mouth. “Aqua Veil, quick!,” he said, just in case one of the clones snuck behind Axol.

Bailey looked over each of Shade's Pokemon, all of them looked to be very well looked after and very happy. One thing caught his attention though, and that was the mega stone on her Gengar, which was firmly attached to a band on it's waist. "Wow! Your Gengar can Mega Evolve?" He said excitedly. "I've only ever seen a few Pokemon capable of it, I've always wanted to try and do it with Salamence but we don't have the stone." Bailey seemed almost too excited about it, like he'd never actually seen a Pokemon Mega Evolve before.

Shade smiled at Bailey's huge interest in Mega Evolution. Hearing that he wanted to try it with his Salamence, she gave a warning look.

"Ahh, Salamence... I haven't seen one, but I heard that their nickname is called Crimson Wings or something like that, because they slice through almost everything with them and they sometimes attack their own trainers. I mean, most Mega Evolved Pokemon do that if they aren't used to the massive power surge. It can make them go insane and see everyone as prey. Be very careful when you do that. Key stones and Mega Stones are very rare, I only got these because I did well in my studies and some guy was interested in me and wanted to buy my affection while I was doing the Princess Key challenge thing in Kalos," Shade scratched a spot underneath and behind Gar's ear as she talked about their process together, while Gar had the most content look on his face.

"When I first got Gengar to Mega Evolve, it was kind of scary for both of us. He forgot who I was. Even though our immense bond was supposed to stop that from happening, they failed to tell us that it happens after a couple of the initial times you Mega Evolve. I had to wait it out and dodge his many attacks and his attempts at eating me for the energy to run out. When it did, I had to console him and tell him that if he tries hard enough, he won't forget me and he won't hurt me. After a bit more time, we tried again and he was better, but he could only hold it out for about 10 seconds. We trained to last longer and have better control, but sometimes his instincts will take control and he'll try to eat his opposition. But we only do it when it's necessary. I would like to show you, but Gar doesn't particularly like to Mega Evolve unless it's for a battle he has to do it in. Otherwise, I would have him show you."

Gar smiled at the fact that Shade looked out for his interests and he stood there, happy and in deep content as his trainer scratched him in that sweet spot.

Robin prided himself in being quite knowledgeable when it came to moves and techniques that Pokemon were able to utilize and battle with. But Solar Blade was one that Robin had never heard of. Then again, it didn't take long for Robin to figure it out. The four Gallades held up their arm simultaneously, looking like they were charging up an attack. Robin's first instinct was to have Q charge in. An Aerial Ace would be able to hit every single one of those clones and the real one, there would be no way it could miss. But that hadn't exactly gone that well earlier in the match. So Robin knew what to do now.

"Q, Life Dew." Robin commanded. Floating in midair, Q did the same meditation technique he had earlier. A blue, watery aura appeared around Q as water condensated on the Gallade, restoring more of his energy. Robin kept an eye on Kay in the meanwhile, waiting for the opportune moment. He knew exactly what to do...

<Kari>
Umbra foregone his attempt to attack the Quagsire with Night Slash and attempted to brace for the attack by guarding against the snow flurry with his kunai. Several ice shards still made it through and hit him hard as he was blasted away by the frigid winds that emanated from the Water Fish, Umbra's Doubleteam . Umbra hits hard and fast, but was not the best at tanking damage compared to some of his teammates.

"Get back in and keep the pressure up!" Kari called, Umbra broke his fall in midair, regained his posture, and vanished in a poof of black smoke. A dark circular shadow shot towards the Quagsire corresponding to where Umbara was in the air. The shadow flashed a lighter bluish purple color, Umbra's typing changed to ghost s he was about to use Shadow Sneak.

<Rebecca>
Rebecca nodded in agreement. "That's right!" Rebecca agreed, "It's most definitely fun and exciting to be here, but expect none of your opponents to hold anything back in any battle, especially Battle Masters and Spire Masters. The Battle Spire hosts some of the best trainers and most competitive trainers from everywhere across the world. Some of you will thrive, while others will have to adapt." Rebecca saw Shade's party of Pokémon out and she was intermingling with the group, 'good for her.' she though, as Ajax walked off she waved him goodbye.

"HEY! You make it sound like you guys are leagues above us! We're all Hall of Famers in our own right, so how good are you?" Someone from within the crowd spoke up.

Rebecca turned her attention to the voice in crowd, people parted to reveal the speaker. He was a tall slender man in his mid twenties wearing tight long jeans and a simple white t-shirt wit ha Pokéball design on it, wearing a hat that covered most of his face. A Sandslash stood next to him looking a bit concerned and embarrassed. The intense gaze Rebecca had softened and she smiled, 'every year there's always one...' "Alright, it's a bit unorthodox, but I am allowed to bend the rules a bit. Would you like to have a battle right now, you and me? We'll set off for the resorts right after."

The trainer's fierce and determined look wavered as he was caught off-guard by the challenge offer, but quickly shook it off as the fire and intensity returned, "You bet! I never back down from a challenge!" he said confidently and pointing at Rebecca.

"Very well then!" Rebecca declared, "My apologies for the delay." She along with the rest of the crowed moved over to the nearest arena which was essentially right next to them. The crowed cleared the arena and stood a few feed back from the edges as the arena lit up and the pedestal rose. Rebecca placed her Spire trainer-card over the surface and the arena's neon blue lights changed to red as an extremely lifelike referee appeared on the opposite of the arena.

"Battlemaster Challenge registered, would the challenger please present their Spire Trainer Card to the kiosk." The ref announced.
The skinny young man walked up next to Rebecca and tapped his card onto the screen., but it flashed red and buzzed.
"Insufficient Glory." the ref said.
"Command Override: Rebecca Violet, proceed as Battlemaster challenge."
"Command Override accepted."
"So, what kind of battle do you want?" Rebecca asked.
The young man was looking a bit unsure of himself now, but he got over it. "Full battle of course!"
Rebecca nodded, "I like the confidence." she said as she entered the information.

"Battlers take your sides! This is an official Battlemaster challenge match between Tier three Battlemaster, Rebecca Violet, and Challenger, Trevor Volkine. If Challenger Trevor Volkine defeats Rebecca Violet, five Prestige Points will be awarded!" The holographic referee announced as the two trainers took their sides of the arena, Rebecca's three Pokéon followed her to her side. Once there, a hologram display of six Pokéballs appeared behind and above the trainers indicating how many active Pokémon remain. "Standard Battle Spire Full Battle rules in effect, trainers are not allowed any substitutions."

The crowed muttered and whispers of excitement were present, their battle had also attracted the attention of several other bystanders, some were Spire veterans while others were new to the island.

<Ceres>
Ceres was walking up to the plaza from the resort area when she spotted the large crowd of newcomers and decided to head over to check it out. She doubted anyone would know who she was, of all the Spire Masters she probably had the lowest reputation of everyone. She was wearing her casual dress and Whisper and Moegami were walking along side her. Upon closer inspection of the arena, it was an official match between Rebecca and some guy named Trevor that she's never heard of. Moegami got excited seeing the battle hopping slightly in place. Whisper sat down and watched calmly. "There's always one every year isn't there?" Ceres asked quietly to no one, but Whisper and Moegami both nodded. Ceres was standing more on the outskirts of the crowd of people. "Though it's always fun to see Becca battle." Ceres clasped her hand in front her and watched.

Last edited:
Son of a Houndoom! He's healing again. Edward bit the inside of his cheek in frustration. No choice but to go through with the attack... "Now! Finish the Solar Blade!" Kay and his clones each lowered their arm, now sheathed in brilliant green light, bringing the Solar Blade slashing down to the ground. As the pillars of green light released their energy, there was a bright flash of light and plume of smoke. Wait! If we... "Quick! While he's blinded! Use Aerial Ace!" Dispelling the Double Team so that he could focus energy into his other arm, Kay lunged through the smoke and light at high speeds, with his left armblade glowing with the same light blue energy as before.

Max carefully stepped off the skyboat, late for having just restored Flygon to full power. Upon exiting the ship, he tossed a Pokeball into the air, releasing Liepard. The two immediately heard a loud series of swishes and crashes. He looked over to his left to see a pair of Gallades locked in fierce combat. The two Pokemon were incredibly fast; their movements being nothing but mere blurs. Liepard's eyes widened in curiosity as it intently watched the fight. Max motioned to Liepard and said:
"C'mon, let's go find ourselves a battle too."

Liepard impatiently prodded at Max's belt with its curved tail, pointing out a small blue and white device. Max unclipped the machine and exclaimed:
"Oh yeah! I forgot I had this thing! It's the VS Seeker Mark 2 we bought a while back! It alerts all other active Seekers in the vicinity that we're ready to battle. Of course, I never really used it because battling random strangers never seemed like a good idea. But here, everybody's on this island for a reason."
Liepard, looking extremely bored of this little speech, touched the button on the Seeker. Immediately, the light on the little machine glowed a bright blue: the notification that it had begun searching for a battle.

"That's too bad, maybe you can show me some other time, like in a future battle?" He said with an expression of excitement. He returned his team not long afterwards, as the crowd was growing bigger and they were taking up a lot of space. His attention turned to the battle that was about to take place between the challenger Trevor and Rebecca. "Looks like a battle's about to start, hope it's good." He said with a smile, then turned back to Shade.

Shade watched as everyone got ready for the battle. She could tell the guy was regretting it, but he didn't want to go back for pride's sake. She sighed and shook her head. Last year, some poor soul thought it was okay to challenge Rebecca and she practically one shot his entire team. It didn't help that his entire team was weak to one type, as he was some gym leader somewhere, but she always wondered what got them so riled up to act like that. No normal person would act like that, right?

But seeing this person decide it was okay to test the power of a Spire Master by being as rude and arrogant as humanely possible, she would just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Her Pokemon watched as the spectacle before them unfolded, with the Decidueye fluffing up his feathers a little bit to make himself seem snugglier.

Shade just shook her head and had an annoyed face. "I get that people tend to underestimate us, but goodness me, do they have to be so arrogant and rude about it? My Arceus, what has this world come to? I hope she beats his ass because that is no way to treat a Spire Master. But there is one every year..."

Ajax merely turned his head when he heard the voice believing the trainer to be addressing him. Instinctively he drew a pair of poke balls from within his coat before realizing Becca had already stepped forward to put the challenger back in his place.
“Hall of Famer?!?! That’s nothing here! Everyone around you is part of a hall of fame. I doubt you could defeat even a Single Battle-master” He laughed finally turning fully to face the crowd. “Now while I’m here are there any other showboats in need of a reality check?” He glanced over to see Shade rolling his eyes before giving her a subtle wink so as to say ‘There’s always one’

@Foxex

There!
"Protect!" Robin called out as Kay released the Solar Blade. Q crossed his arms in front of him and curled up into a ball midair while a psychic bubble-like shield formed around him. The huge beam of plant energy slammed into Q, and it knocked the bubble back through the air. Q was sent to the ground as the Telekinesis wore off at that moment and the shield from Protect also disappeared. The Gallade hit the ground, rolling slightly but managing to use the inertia to roll back to his feet.
"<Yeah, Q! Wooo! Defense! Defense!>" Cherry cheered from the sidelines. Q had just managed to get his bearings when Kay suddenly emerged from the dust cloud. The Gallade quickly brought up his guard, managing to tank the attack while keeping his ground. Still, attack was a boosted supereffective, and that showed. Even though Kay was able to stay on his feet, the attack still pushed him back. The Scope Lens pinged as it managed to pick up another weak point on the opposing Gallade.

"Q, Psycho Cut!" Robin commanded. A wild grin came across Q's face as he aimed an attack at Kay. This was more of the Gallade's style. No more of this far-distance, attack your opponent from across the battlefield with sun laser crap. It was time for a close combat, and to keep that combat close. Q's armblade glowed with a psychic energy as he slashed at Kay. It was a bit of a dirty attack, aiming for an opening.

"I'll show you! I've beaten a League Champion just like you! You think you're better than me?!" Trevor held a fist up towards Ajax, "We're all equal here! And I will prove it right now! Sasha, go!" The Sandslash next to him rolled up and charged into the arena before standing back up.

"SLASH!" the Sandslash stood in a battle ready attack pose.

Rebecca looked at Trevor with a slight frown, "Bubbles, standby for battle." she said calmly. The Dragonite behind her calmly took off his messenger bag and handed it to the Charizard next to him who put it on. Bubbles the Dragonite calmly walked to the center of his side of the arena. "My, my, my, where are the manners of some trainers now a days...?" Rebecca said under her breath.

"BEGIN!" the referee called as a DING rang out.

"Sasha, Drill Run! Trevor commanded. The Sandslash launched himself towards the Dragonite claws forward and glowing a bright yellow. Sasha began to spin like a powerful drill. Bubbles readjusted his posture, crouching down slightly, his arms were slightly out to the side, as Sasha neared the Dragonite's usual kind and happy expression and disposition changed to that of anger and rage. "Use Defense Curl!" Trevor shouted, but it was too late.

With perfect precision and very surprising speed from the Dragonite. Bubbles moved diagonally forward towards the attack sidestepping the attack by less than an inch. Bubbles roared as he snatched Sasha out of mid Drill Run by the neck holding the little mouse Pokémon by the neck. Bubbles hoisted Sasha into the air only to chokeslam her into the ground with so much force that the ground exploded into a crater under the Dragonite, his grip was still on Sasha.

"Get out of there! Sand Attack!" Trevor commanded, he was clearly shaken by the raw power and speed of the Dragonite. Getting slammed so hard into the ground on her back, Sasha had the wind knocked out of her and was severely dazed. Having heard the command though, she tried pathetically clawing at the walls of the crater uselessly, quietly whimpering from the pain of the damage she received.

Bubble gritted his teeth as a bright yellow light began to shine from within and specks of bright yellow energy was flying into his mouth. He opened his mouth towards Sasha revealing a growing yellow orb. Bubbles released Sasha at the last possible second as a powerful Hyper Beam was shot from his mouth that engulfed Sasha, blasting her further into the hole as Bubbles started to hover into the air from the force of the blast. Bubbles roared triumphantly into the air as he landed. "Remember Bubbles, beauty in all things we do." Rebecca said with a slight smile folding her arms. Bubbles nodded without looking at Rebecca as his claw began to glow a bright white color, then snowflakes and fog began to fall, the light becoming so intense it completely engulfed his claw. Bubbles began to float again this time he arched his back into the air as he wound up the Ice Punch. Bubbles threw the entirety of his weight behind the Ice Punch as he slammed his claw into Sasha. A bright white flash of light and a chilling blast of cold air exploded outwards in all directions, was was left was a huge solid ice blossom that filled the hole. Rebecca blew Bubbles a kiss, "Great job."

"Sandslash is unable to battle, round one victory goes to Rebecca Violet!" The referee announced.

Rebecca blew Bubbles a kiss, "Great job." She looked past him at Trevor, "Next? Not to rush you but, I do have a schedule to keep."

Most of the newcomers were speechless at they had just witnessed, the veteran members of the crowd golf clapped, Ceres included "Jolly good show." she giggled holding up a hand to her chin. Moegami was hyped up and excited watching the match bouncing up and down.

Shaken, Trevor returned Sasha from under the ice blossom and drew out a second Pokéball, his breathing became quick and heavy as he grew angry. "Make a fool out of me will you!" Trevor threw the ball into the air and with a bright flash of light Incineroar stood at the ready to battle, the ace of his team.

Bubbles was hovering a few inches above the ground now having returned to his starting spot, his wings gently flapping, and his eyes were focused and determined. He was not the kind, gentle, and happy looking Dragonite like he was before.

The ice blossom shattered into snowflakes and the crater from the previous battle was rapidly filled with thin beams of horizontal and vertical lines of light and within a few seconds the crater was gone and the floor of the arena was perfectly repaired.

Last edited:
Shade looked over at Ajax with a grimace before she watched the fight begin, with Rebecca using Bubbles the Dragonite and Trevor using Sasha the Sandslash. Shade knew who was going to win, no doubt, although she found it strange that the Sandslash used Drill Run. Normally, they'd dig through the earth a bit or something, but maybe that was just how she had seen someone else do it, as it wasn't uncommon for people to come here with variations of moves and such.

Right when Bubbles attacked was when something began to change in Shade. Yes, she did visibly flinch from the brutality that Bubbles had shown towards her opponent, but something in her brain snapped. She should have slept some more.

Her usually erect posture began slouching at the shoulders and the bright light in her eyes she had earlier when talking to Bailey about Galar and its Pokemon faded and a dark shadow was left clouding her eyes. She stared at the onslaught in front of her with a sick smile and little giggles and a staff member nearby caught site of Shade's change in demeanor. He stood guard, making sure Shade was okay as she would sometimes pass out afterwards.

Chu, Princess, and Mitosis watched with fascination, while Doom, Robin, and Gar giggled and cheered on Bubbles and Zim just stood there observing the battle with a smirk on his face. Schwartz smelled a battle brewing and escaped his PokeBall to see Rebecca fighting. He roared loudly, cheering on Bubbles as he was quite the fan of Rebecca and her Pokemon due to them being formidable opponents and he had some respect for them.

Shade seemed to be completely lost in the battle, and her giggles suddenly turned to feverish chuckling and little fits of laughter. Some people began to stare cautiously at Shade while also wanting to watch the battle unfurl. Shade then shouted, "Her making a fool out of you? It's you who is making a fool out of you, HAHA! Show 'em Bubbles! Show them that you aren't some old fashioned Champion's Pokemon like he made you out to be! You are more than that!" Her incessant giggling began to take hold of her and the air around her went from cheery to really dark and dangerous really fast. But then she started to feel faint.

Zim and Robin stood at her sides and offered her support with their tentacle and wing, respectively. They don't seem to be phased at all by her giggling and sudden change in demeanor that really told that she had a few screws loose in her head, and the lack of sleep made her loopy.

Ajax gasped sarcastically “A Single League Champion, oh well in that case I am so very sorry...” the Spire-Master could barely contain his laughter “Anyone can defeat a League champion, EVERYONE here has defeated a league champion. You’re not special, in fact I don’t think there’s anything unique about you, why don’t we take a quick look...” Ajax knew he was being harsh but he was in no mood for trivial trainers and their overinflated egos, wandering his way over to an information terminal and scanning his Spire Trainer Card. “Computer Access Spire Participant Database, Authorization Alpha-Spire. Participant Trevor Volkine, Display Recognized Achievements.” One of the arena’s large display screens switched from displaying battle highlights to showcasing the small list of Trevor’s notable battling achievements
“Not too bad Trevor, let’s have a look at mine now shall we? Computer Display notable Achievements for Spire Master Alexander James Xavier VII” the screen lit up with a scrolling list at least five times the size of Trevor’s “What were you saying before? About us being equals? I think you’ll find you’re very much mistaken but if you wish for me to showcase it for you I’d be more than happy too.”