• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Battle Frontier.

So I think I've come up with a pretty good team for the Battle Frontier that should do me some well once I try it out. But, just in case, I just wanted to know what you guys thought: So here it is!

Latias @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
252 SpA, 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
252 Atk, 252 Spe
Outrage
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Def
Iron Head
Earthquake
Thunder Wave
Explosion

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Alrighty:

- Wish + Choice Specs is...odd, to say the least - it may work reasonably well against CPUs, but even then it could potentially inconvenience you more than it helps unless you've used Trick, so I'd be very careful about that. Thunderbolt is a decent option instead of Wish potentially in case everyone's favourite metal penguin Empoleon shows up (which he might,) but otherwise, your set's OK - just be careful with Wish.

- Yache Berry is my preferred item for Garchomp since it doesn't really need Life Orb's damage boost anyway (not with Swords Dance + Outrage anyway,) and it only serves to wound the extremely impressive bulk that Garchomp wields here. Otherwise, you're good.

- As a rule, entry hazards aren't very useful in 3vs3, and that rings even more true against CPUs in the Frontier who never switch. Thunder Wave + Iron Head is a fun combination for Registeel to use, Asplode is fine in 3vs3 to earn a potential KO when you're about to fall, and Earthquake can stay since it has decent coverage with Iron Head. Thunder Wave can help against foes faster than Latias and Garchomp as well, since you'll be able to take them out whilst they're crippled.

Thanks Ganon, I was mostly lost with Regi here, lol. I chose Wish because I wasn't sure if I'd want a recovery move for him, let alone Lati; and I did realize that wish would be quite terrible with specs without Trick, but, of course I'd have Trick if I was going to use specs.. so it was kind of a coin toss.

I'll probably use Iron Head + Thunder Wave over Ice Punch and Stealth Rock.

Last edited by a moderator: