• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Arts of The iFlare

So as I'm not working in my sprite topic much because of the Sprite Project I'm working on for my facebook group, I decided I might as well start an art thread to post the pieces of crap I've drawn freehanded and on the computer over the past few years...

So I'll start off now:

Shinobi_by_Ultimate_Shadow_Chao.png

Shinobi
This was a little doodle I conjured up last year... At that time I was upsessed with the Naruto Anime, and like with all other Anime's I've ever watched, I decided to envision myself as one of the characters... This was the product.

Epic_Brock_by_Ultimate_Shadow_Chao.png

Brock Ganto
Something else I came up with last year... This was the original design for the main character in my comic project, Brock saga... Since I scrapped the Brock Saga idea, his appearence changed from a stickfigure to a human and has been given the place of second supporting character in my current comic project (which I should really work on more often), Aspire.

pon_and_zi_sheild_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d32dmhy.png

Pon and Zi Shield
This I remember quite fondly... My girlfriend loves the little memes and short comics of Pon and Zi, and I had known of it at the time, but she really got me into these two lovable emo blobs... So as fanart to the art, I doodled a little shield insignia math class and scanned it into the computer when I got home...

francisco__s_mugshot_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37z149.png

Francisco(13-14) Mugshot
This is the main protagonist from the Aspire Comic, the comic that phased out Brock Saga. Like the Japanese-styled series, the Characters in this comic age as the years pass in the story... This mugshot of him is at the beggining of the story, so he's approximately thirteen, later on, around when he's seventeen, a demonic energy mutated him when he was thirteen began tearing apart his heart, causing him to channel the dark energy into his left arm to become a Demon arm... Perhaps I'll explain the story more when I actually get past the first chapter of the comic... lol.

francisco_in_his_merc_armor_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37z08e.png

Francisco(17+) Merc Armor
After age 17 Francisco, and most of the other main characters, change very little except for maybe in hieght, and maturity level... So for Francisco, and various other characters, the age groups go Kid, 15-16, and then 17+. In this particular picture, Francisco is wearing his Merc issue army, an armor issued from the Corperation for Merc units, Soul Guards, and Spirit Warriors alike... He only uses this armor for the extreme missions... Even though it only enhances his already god-like abilities, he prefers to do most things without it, as do most of the Spirit Warriors and Soul Guards... Francisco, like most others, has customized his armor to his liking... The skull visor and the horns were his own little touch, the horns being a trophy from the First Demon he's ever slain.

francisco_fires_teapot_cannon_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37yyma.png

Francisco(17+) Firing off a Teapot Cannon
I guess now would be a good time to get into Francisco's Demon Arm a little bit... First thing is, its the key to his power up mode, and his NeoDemon Overdrive form(or going Neo, and I've come to call it). He can derive power from the arm to power himself up... The power is only dark, it is not evil energy, because it is his energy, its just a bit more aggressive than the rest of his aura, so he has to keep it away from the rest of his energy, otherwise the two types of energy that dwell within him go to war, causing all kinds of physical and psychological damage to him... He also has a japanese character meaning "Beast" on his left arm. He mainly uses his left arm for blast attacks, using his right for swordsmanship, although, he can do both with both hands, energy attacks are stronger with his left, and his right is much more agile, making it the better arm for bearing swords... In this picture he's shooting off the Teapot Cannon, one of his signature moves, its ten times stronger with his left arm than it would be with his right arm.

francisco_age_17__by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37wu0i.jpg

Francisco(17+) Concept
This was the first Drawing made of Francisco at the age of 17... He's still wearing the Jacket he used to wear when he was 14... He got rid of it though because he got tired of replacing the left sleave after everytime he powers up...

domenica__s_mugshot_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37wthp.png

Domenica(13-16) Mugshot
This is the Mugshot of Francisco's love interest, Domenica... She is based on my actual girlfriend... You'll find that most of the characters in the Aspire comic are based on actual people I know, all with their permission of course, even Francisco, the main character, is based on my own image, he also has my name, 90% of the characters that are based on real people have the same names as their IRL-Counterparts.

domenica_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37wss1.png

Domenica(13-16) Concept
This was just a quick MS Paint and Gimp over a hand drawn image of Domenica... Unlike in her mugshot, she has her curly hair down instead of pulled up in a ponytail...

francisco_and_domenica_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d37wsbz.png

Francisco(13-14) and Domenica(13-16)
D'awwwww.... Aren't they just precious together? :3

the_pokemon_bw_group_banner_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3ftc3z.png

Pokemon B/W Group profile Picture
GOSH! Finally something pokemon related, right? This is the picture that is being used to represent the Pokemon B/W Group on Facebook... Made it myself on Gimp. :D

flame_the_flareon____by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3hk6g4.png

Flareon Sig
I made this about an hour ago... I got bored and decided to try my hand at forum-styled signatures... I threw this together in about 30 minutes... and it is my first ever signature, so I'm rather pleased with how well it came out... Constructive criticism is welcomed greatly... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
iFlare, your art is amazing~ ♥
I totally fell in love when I saw Domenica's mugshot, it looks so awesome and cute~!
Also your signature isn't bad for a beginner~ keep up the good work, I'd love to see more ^^

Lady Zoroark said:
iFlare, your art is amazing~ ♥
I totally fell in love when I saw Domenica's mugshot, it looks so awesome and cute~!
Also your signature isn't bad for a beginner~ keep up the good work, I'd love to see more ^^
Kind thanks... I've been busy lately... But my sprite project is a bust, and school is finally out, so you guys can expect to see more here and in my sprite topic in the near future, possibly sometime tomorrow even... I'll also be meeting up with friends more often to work on the comic in which Francisco and Domenica are from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I are make many stuffs for my AQW Clan...

Check it out:

the_guardians_of_the_nexus_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d49i04c.png

spanishguy22_the_nexus_knights_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d49j5x1.png

kap__kickazs_the_nexus_knights_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d49k48c.png

legendarykirin_nk_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d4a1cn8.png

mr_glock_the_nexus_knights_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d4a1imo.png

shadowfex_the_nexus_knights_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d4a1qta.png

skatboo3_the_nexus_knights_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d4a2kxr.png

destroyer_of_worlds32_nk_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d4a2l1d.png

You all Like Yes?
I worked really hard on these, and I think that they are the epitome of what GIMP is capable of. ;D​

And in a recent turn of events:

I was messing around with gimp... And discovered something awesomesauce while I was screwing around with the filters! :D
frank_and_flame_portrait_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d4hh3ai.png

Frank and Flame Portrait
I must say... I really like how that came out... I might start taking requests for these if you people like them.​