• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Art Topic I'll Probably Never Use Again

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yeah. Shush.

anyways, I was doodling earlier, and this is the result. a Bahamut Shaman King Style Oversoul:

img003.jpg

May I say 'awesome'?! I love the rough look of the lines, which lends an earthy look to the drawing. What medium did you use?

HAY LOOK I REPLIED.

;________________;

SO STOP YELLING AT ME.

Also, I love gradient. Gradient gradient gradient. Specially since whenever I shade MY pictures it just looks like a little kid's scribbles.

Ilu the dragon-head part. 'cause it's cute. And a dragon.

*agrees with Diamond*

That is SO badass. Don't kill me for saying this, but Bahamut kinda reminds me of some aquatic creature.

XD

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yeah, I really struggle to accurately represent my Bahamut. Just pretend it's from Final Fantasy Yoshimitsu Style. :3

Thanks for the comments guys.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
OBLIGATORY COMMENT INDICATING PURE AWESOME.

ALSO OBLIGATORY CAPS SPAM FOR EFFECT.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The title of your thread. ;)

And hello, furry-El. I see you gave in to Rob? (It was Rob, right?) XD
Nice design for the pants, Mr. Kittyman x3

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

No, no it's not. It's not me, nor any of my characters. And it's not a rodent. o.O

It's my friend, and he's a dog. Though it looks more like a fox.

Hehe! Now it's my turn to worship you! Wh00t canines! Nice hat btw.

I like the crumpled design you did on the pants, makes them look real.

Someone likes kitty furries.

The movement on that comes across nicely. Your drawings are looking good, ever thought about colouring them? :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now you've gone and made a furry with a keyblade... Yep. That furry bug has got you bad XD

Interesting pose, and I like the detail you put into the sneakers. The line art's nice (frelling baggy jeans, eh?), and I love his hair. Still mildly disturbed that I'm looking at an El furry, though... ^_~

The anatomy could do with some work I feel, however you're much better at conveying emotions than I. It looks good, but I get the idea that you can do better with pratice.

Hmm, critiquing a staff member's art is hard.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Actually, I'm not happy with that drawing. All the anatomy and posing seems very forced and it was a bugger to draw. :/

El, this picture is awesome! I love the anime-ish look to it, and the sketchy style.

It doesn't look that awkward.

I think it's bad that the first thing I notice about that picture is the forehead. Other than that, it's a nice picture. Interactive poses like that are always nice to see drawn well, which is what you've done.

But still, I'm reminded slightly of Sakura from Naruto >.>;;

Who's forehead? :s

The male's specifically, but this is mostly because the girl/woman's head is covered by a fringe. It's a purely trivial problem to be honest. Facial alignments get better with practice (I occasionally use the line thing, but that's me).