• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Adventure for Captain Goldie’s Treasure

The link to the discussion and ATJ thread is here.
——————————————————————

“Charmander, get the fuck back here!” Ash cursed as her Charmander ran off in the distance.

Charmander has a naughty nature, and was often annoying Ash because of it. But nonetheless, they still loved each other. This time, however, Charmander had every good intention. He smelled something old and musty, almost like parchment beneath the rich field near Pallet Town. Ash was trying to catch up to the fire Pokemon, panting when he suddenly stopped and scratched at the ground, dirt flying away from him.

“What the fuck are you doing?” She asked the Charmander, who had gotten used to her swearing due to knowing her for a week now.

Charmander didn’t answer, digging an even deeper hole into the ground. He kept digging, and soon, Ash smelled it too.

“Is that ink?” Ash thought, tilting her head upward to get another whiff.

She then pulled her head back in disgust, throwing herself to the ground.

“Ugh, it smells like shit!” She yelled, using her half-gloved hand to plug her nose. “What the fuck did you find?”

"Wahahaha! Land ho!" Kale's father exclaimed.
"Keep up, honey! We're almost there!" Kale's mother said, switching from Backstroke back to Freestyle. Kale could do nothing but take another breath and continue on. Where were they? Why, Sea Route 21 of course. At least twice a week, Kale's parents would take him to train some place in Kanto. But not in they way one would expect. Nowadays when someone says the word "train", it's mostly in regard to training one's Pokemon for battle. Kale's parents, however, were quite different. These two were the leaders of the Saffron City Dojo, and devoted themselves to mastering martial arts. So, as such Kale was forced to come along and train as well. Sometimes it was Rock Tunnel, where they would focus on honing their senses in the dark environment. Sometimes it was Mt. Moon, where they would work on their strength by pushing around large rocks. But today, it was endurance. Swimming from Cinnabar Island all the way to Pallet Town. Kale supposed he should count himself lucky. It could have been swimming from the Seafoam Islands to Fuchsia City, a much father swim.

After a few minutes, Kale finally pulled himself onto the shore. Not too far away, he could see the buildings of Pallet Town.
"Wahahaha! Nothing like a light swim to start of your day, eh?!" Kale's father had already changed back into a gi. The man definately looked the part for a Black Belt. Large and absolutely ripped, the man looked like he could hold his own against Bruno. Kale's mother looked the same when it came to that. While she was not as tall as Kale's father, the woman looked quite buff as well with her black hair pulled back into a ponytail. She had already changed back to a Crush Girl's outfit.

"Well, Kale. Consider that your workout for today." Kale's mother said, sending out her Fearow. "We'll see you back at the dojo before dinner. Call us if you need anything!"
And with that, the couple jumped on to the bird Pokemon and flew off. Kale could only manage a shaky thumbs up as he lay in the warm sand, trying to recover a bit more.

But after a good 15 minutes, Kale had changed back into his normal clothes. Running a hand through his still-wet hair, his Emolga was now riding along on his shoulder.
"Now, what should we do today Shine?" Kale asked as he started to make his way towards Pallet Town.
"... Mole, mole?" Shine asked, noticing something. Kale glanced over, and he saw it too. A girl, with short hair, appeared to be doing something in a nearby field with her Charmander. Her hair was what really seemed to get Kale's attention. It was black on the sides of her head, yet white and red in the middle. It looked like she was yelling about something, but Kale wasn't exactly sure what. Curious, he began to walk over.
"Uh... hey! Everything okay?" Kale called over to Ash.

"You tell me! It smells awful!" Ash grumbled, slightly quitter then she had previously.

Charmander didn't seem to mind, and while his trainer was shrieking, he had pulled an old, slightly torn paper-looking material from the ground. It was about '12 by '8, and was slightly thicker than paper. It was caked in dirt and covered with mold, the corners of the paper dripping with a strange liquid.

"That's fucking disgusting." Ash growled, gagging.

Charmander, not caring about his trainer's complaining, turned the large piece of papyrus around, and on it was a black and white map of Kanto, but something was different. Across it was a thinnish red ink mark, covering much of the map. Upon seeing this, Ash's mind flooded full of stories her father used to tell her before bed, of hidden treasure, pirates, giants, and gnomes. She immediately disregarded the smell and ran over to it.

"Whoa...dude, give this map a glance." Ash said in awe.

Although she wasn't sure what it was for, she noticed that there was a large 'X' all the way on the other side of Kanto.

"Is not Kanto beautiful, Ekans? "Phoenix asked his Pokemon, which was tangled around his arm. Of course he would say that, since he was taking a stroll in Lavender Town. His Pokemon hissed in agreement. "But, alas, we need to make our next and final stop, which is the famous Pallet Town, where the Champion of this region started and where Professor Oak's Laboratory is located. Oh, but we will return soon! I am very eager to visit the infamous Pokemon Tower. I need to see it's interior with my very own eyes." He sighed with grief that he had to leave such a mysterious place and began heading towards his family's personal helicopter. As he got in, the pilot asked him:
"Are you ready to head to Pallet Town?"
"Yes. Thank you, Alexander." As those words came from his mouth, the helicopter took off.
In about 9 minutes, the helicopter landed. Phoenix stepped out of it, admiring his surroundings. "Hm... This is interesting. It is smaller than I thought. Perhaps, looking around here would not take too long."

Last edited:
As he approached the girl and her Charmander, Kale understood what she meant. It really did stink. The Charmander had appeared to have dug up a piece of paper. Or something. Bearing the smell, Kale knelt down to take a closer look at the paper. It looked to be a map of some type. An old map of the Kanto region... One that had a large X marked down on it. Kale brushed away some of the dirt in it's upper left corner, and saw that there was a skull and crossbones on the map.
"No way..." Kale said incredulously, glancing back up at Ash.
"Mole?" Shine inquired.
"Is this... I pirate map?" Kale asked. This has got to be a fake. There's no way this could be legit... right?

"I sure hope so!" Ash exclaimed, her child-like state of mind taking over. "The real question is, what does it lead to?"

Charmander handed the map to his trainer, who happily snatched it up. It was quite an awkward map, small flecks of ink peeled away from certain areas, and a sloppily written skull and crossbones up in the corner. Charmander took this time to look over at Shine, sticking his tongue out playfully. While Charmander did this, Ash looked up, turning her head in the direction of Pallet Town. She glanced at the map, then at Kale, the boy whom she didn't know the name of. Unsure whether to run off with the map still in her hands or invite him along, her hands started to fiddle with the ends of the sheet, her mind racing.

Phoenix looked around once again, noticing a pair of trainers admiring a piece of paper. He sighed disappointed and began walking around, analyzing the Pokemon who ran around and played together. Eventually, Ekans became bored. He untangled himself from his trainer's arm and slithered away. He encountered a lot of Rattata and Pidgey who he hissed at aggressively. He came back to those two trainers and slithered on the girl's head, wanting to look at the map. When Phoenix noticed Ekans was gone, he sighed and began looking for him.

"Well, in the stories it's always that X marks the spot of buried treasure, right?" Kale asked. It looked like the X on the map was marked in the northeast part of Kanto. Pulling up a map of Kanto on his Xtransceiver, Kale compared it to the pirate map. It looked like it was somewhere southeast of Cerulean City, in forest and near the mountains that Rock Tunnel ran through. It might take a few days to get there, but it wasn't impossible. The hardest part would probably be the fact that there wasn't any roads leading to the treasure. One would have to make their own trail and fend for themselves to get there.

"Yikes, that's a pretty rough area..." Kale said, showing the map on his Xtransceiver to Ash and pointing the general area of the X. He noticed the gleam in the girl's eye, and decided to warn the girl. "I would suggest you go check that out to make sure it's a legit map if you're going head out there. Maybe at the Museum in Pewter? Plus, we don't even know if pirates were around these parts."

"Mole, mole!" Shine said in a greeting to Ash's Charmander. The Emolga couldn't help but to smile at the face the Charmander made, and responded by making a funny face of he own.

Looking down, Kale noticed that an Ekans was beginning to on Ash. Thinking that the Ekans was a wild one, Kale froze, his eyes widening.
"Don't move..." Kale said softly. "But you got an Ekans on you..."
Shine noticed the Ekans as well, and sparks began flying from her cheeks. Kale wasn't quite sure what to do.

Ash, upon hearing this news, let her eyes trail upward, trying to see the top of her head. Of course, she couldn’t see it. But she immediately gave a small smile, raising her hand up to stroke a bit of the Ekans. She really liked snakes. After giving the Ekans a couple more strokes, she returned her attention to the map, letting the snake Pokemon rest on her head.

“Well of course I’m gonna head out there! Fake or not, an Adventure is a good way for me and Charmander to get some experience, and if there is treasure, I’m not missing out on it. I’d just need to pack some things.” Ash said, flipping the map over in her hands.

The back of the map didn’t have much on it, just a tiny black ink smudge that smelled fresh. Ash just flipped the map back to the front and stared at it quizzically.

“I’m not too good with directions...” Ash thought aloud, rotating the map to try and examine it.

After a couple minutes of searching, Phoenix finally discovered where his Ekans were. He was on a girl's head, who appeared to be older than him, admiring a map. He sighed, stretched out his arm and calmly called out to his Pokemon "Ekans! Come here!" The Pokemon nodded and slithered down Ash's body, going back to his trainer. He slithered up his leg and tangled himself around Phoenix's arm. "You know better than to slither up people's bodies. You are lucky that that girl over there enjoyed it."He sighed and patted his Pokemon.

Last edited:
Kale watched as the Ekans slithered off of Ash and headed back to it's trainer. He was a teen wearing a black blazer and red glasses. Kale raised a hand in greeting to the other trainer, then turned back to Ash. The search for a pirate's treasure did sounds quite exciting... and it was about time that Kale went on an adventure himself.
"Well... My family and I have trained around that area. I could show you how to get there. If you wouldn't mind, I mean." Kale said. He stuck out a hand to Ash. "My name's Kale, by the way. And this is Shine."
"Mole, mole!" Kale's Emolga said to Ash cheerfully with a wave.

Torrey watched closer and curiously from Route 1 as the helicopter obnoxiously descended itself upon Pallet Town. His stomach growled furiously and was borderline desperate to find his next meal. He'd been orphaned for the entirety of his rather short life. Day after day, Torrey found himself traveling from town to town, scavenging and living off of the land. Time is running short now though and he hasn't eaten in days. He spotted a boy with dark red hair exit the chopper and proceeded to sneak closer.

"What kind of pompous, rich asshole just casually drops in on a town like this from a helicopter?" Torrey's jealousy began to overcome him. Why did so many people have such luxuries, yet he struggled to find so much as a meal? Why was he forced to live off the land while there are countless jerks around the world unfairly living life to the maximum? Torrey had to quickly calm himself as he noticed the Ekans with the boy take off on its own. Once he started chasing after the snake, a rather interesting idea popped into his head. "I bet there's some pretty cool stuff on that thing. Maybe......"

Torrey snuck closing to the helicopter until he got a complete view of the pilot. "Damn! I have to get rid of that guy. Dewpider, come out!" Torrey tossed a pokeball in front of him and out popped a Dewpider. The little water spider looked curiously at his trainer, wondering what task awaits him. "Ok Dewpider, I need you to attack the guy in the helicopter over there. Don't hurt him, just scare him away. Dewpider made some bubbly noise and proceed to trot over to the helicopter. Once close, he launches himself onto the windshield. After making some weird bubbly noises, the Dewpider began pelting the windshield with bubbles.

Out of the corner of his eye, Phoenix noticed a rather poor looking guy approach his helicopter. He didn't pay him much attention, until he saw the expression on his face. Ekans aggressively hissed at the guy and got ready to slither towards him, but Phoenix stopped him. "No, Ekans. I have got someone better for this situation."His trainer spoke. "Umbreon." A red flash appeared from his pocket, revealing his Moonlight Pokemon. "Please, don't let them get near the helicopter." Umbreon nodded and began using Psychic.
Alexander was just minding his own business, waiting for Phoenix to return. He heard someone talking behind him, so he turned around. "Um, can I help you with something" He asked the young boy. When bubbles began floating, he raised an eyebrow. "Um, what exactly are you trying to do?" He didn't get an answer, since a blue telekinetic power took the kid and his Pokemon away. They floated above the ground, right in front of Phoenix and his Pokemon. He pointed downwards and Umbreon threw them to the ground. Phoenix had a disgusted look on his face and an eyebrow raised. He spoke harshly:
"What kind of selfish being would dare to not only steal from a boy the same age, but even tries to scare an innocent pilot? I will not tolerate that. What do you have to say in your defense?" Umbreon continued to restrain them using Psychic, in case they tried something fishy.

Last edited:
As the Ekans slithered off of Ash's head, she gave it a wave goodbye, and turned to the boy, claiming himself to be Kale. She smirked and grasped his hand tightly, giving it a somewhat violent shake.

"No need for my name, just call me Ash. This is Charmander." Ash said, flicking her head in the direction Charmander stood.

Charmander waddled over to them, sticking out a paw of his to shake with Shine.

"I don't suppose you want to go on a trek with me to find out was lies at the 'X', do you?" Ash asked, raising an eyebrow. "If so, we'd need to go back to my place. I'm not necessarily prepared."

"It's nice to meet you both. I don't have anything else to do today. So sure!" Kale said with a smile. Shine looked down at Ash's Charmander before jumping off her trainer's shoulder and gliding to the ground. Landing in front of the Charmander, Kale's Emolga took Charmander's paw with her own and shook it. Kale didn't know why, but he found himself smiling. Although he wasn't sure why, he had a good feeling about this. There wasn't any proof that this was a legit map, and yet... he couldn't stop himself from getting a little excited by the map. Just like those swashbuckling adventure stories he would read.
"So, where do you live?" Kale asked.

"What are you, some kind of superhero? Quit with the 'high road' bs. I bet you're no better a person than me you entitled asshole!" Torrey's fists were clenched, shaking in spite of the adversary in front of him. "Put us down now! My business isn't something you need to worry about." Dewpider bubbles about, waiting for his next order from his trainer.

Phoenix just rolled his eyes at the thief's statement. "You are a homeless child who needs to fight for food. You got jealous that some people have hundreds of possessions when you do not have anything. It is quite obvious. And on an end note, cussing is not only rude, but it is completely uncalled for. Oh, and there is something else. I need to worry about your 'business' if it includes interacting with my family's pilot and helicopter. Umbreon, you can let them go." Umbreon nodded and let go of the poor guy and his Pokemon. "I suggest you don't try something similar. If you want to eat, I could just give you some money. You don't have to try to be sneaky. Now, farewell." He turned around and gave a meaningful look to Alexander, who sent out his Chesnaught to guard the helicopter. Phoenix bowed and walked away, continuing to look around.

Last edited:
“I live just down the hill, near Pallet Town.” Ash said, pointing a thumb behind her back. “If we’re quick we can be off before nightfall.”

Ash looked at the now orange sky, the sun low, but not setting. Without a second thought, she dashed off in the direction of her house with the map rolled into one palm. Charmander quickly followed, staying a little ways behind to lead the other two. Ash continued to dash, soon spotting her home. A big, white, two-story home was in front of her, the mahogany door shut. She walked up the porch and opened the door, holding it for those who had yet to catch up. As she waited, she noticed a large helicopter not far away, and two male figures arguing about something. She rolled her eyes at the large commotion and just waited for the others.

Phoenix looked at the sky. Any minute, the sun could be setting. He sighed disappointed and headed for his helicopter. When he finally arrived, Chesnaught stepped aside and let him in. Phoenix thanked the Pokemon and entered the helicopter. Alexander recalled his Pokemon and asked Phoenix "Shall we head off?"
"Yes, thank you." He responded in a serious tone. The helicopter took off in the direction of Celadon City at an incredible high speed.

Shine and Kale looked at each other, then Kale shrugged. The Emolga jumped onto her trainer's leg and crawled up to his shoulder, taking her normal position. Seeing that Shine was secured, Kale ran after Ash and her Charmander. Ash's house looked quite nice in Kale's opinion. A lot nicer than the apartment complexes back in Saffron City, that was for sure. Kale and Shine entered Ash's house, not really paying attention to the commotion with the helicopter. Watching it take off had been pretty cool, though. Shine jumped off her trainer's shoulder once again and glided down next to Charmander.
"This is a nice place." Kale said, looking around the interior of the house.

In about 15 minutes or so, the helicopter arrived at the mansion in Celadon City. It landed on the helicopter pad near the garden. Phoenix stepped off and took in the smell of all the flowers. He waltzed over to the back door and knocked. "In a minute!" A woman voice could be heard. Twenty seconds later the door opened, revealing his big sister. She was a beautiful young lady with red hair just like his. She was only 2 years older than him, so she was taller just by a couple of inches. "Phoenix!" She yelled happy as she hugged him. "Come in, I made tea for you!" She stepped aside to let him in.
"Thank you, Rose." Phoenix thanked her as he closed the door behind him. He followed her to the couch and began drinking his tea. "So where are our parents?"
"Mom is upstairs, cleaning their room and dad seems to be gardening with Alex." She answered, pointing to the window. From there you could clearly see Alex, the pilot, helping their dad with some flowers. "So tell me, how was your tour?"
"It was nice, I really liked it in Lavender Town. Oh, there also was three trainers that have caught my attention."
"Were they girls?" Rose asked him, wiggling her eyebrows. Phoenix just gave her a disappointed and annoyed look. "Come on, you know I'm just teasing!"
"I do know. But yes, one of them was in fact a girl. It is thanks to Ekans that she caught my eye!" He pointed to the Snake Pokemon who was tangled around his arm. "He slithered on her head so he could take a closer look at some kind of paper that she and her friend were admiring."
"What kind of paper?"
"A treasure map, if I recall correctly. I do not believe that it will lead them to anything, but I am indeed interested on what will happen with them once they go on their little adventure to find the 'X'."
"That's really interesting! So, who was the third guy?"
"You could think that he is a homeless child, if you take in account that his clothes looked pretty ripped and the fact that he tried to steal the helicopter."
"Dear Arceus! I can't believe someone would do that!"
"There are a lot of jealous people in this world, it was bound to happen that I will encounter someone like that someday. But anyway, enough with this talk about poor people. How was your day?"
"Well, it was pretty nice! Let me tell you what I heard. So you know that my ex-friend, now enemy is so pretty, right? Well, I heard today that she's actually..." And they continued to talk for hours.

Last edited:
Torrey snarled at the boy as he listened to each of his remarks. "What makes him think he knows anything about me? This is why all these rich bastards disgust me. They're all self important, entitled know it alls." Torrey grunted and plop his butt on the ground. Dewpider crawled into his lap and playful blew bubbles into his face, prompting playful laughter. "I'm sorry Dewpider. I was hoping we'd find food but that didn't work out. But maybe..." Torrey recalled a couple nearby discussing something about treasure? Unfortunately, they'd already taken off. He knew which direction they went but had already lost sight of them. "I bet we could find them. We don't need some scraps from some jerk who looks down on us." Dewpider bubbled happily from Torrey's enthusiasm, which only fueled Torrey even more. "Come on! Let's go find those two and get that map. And once we get that treasure and become rich, we won't have to live on the streets. We won't have to starve!" Dewpider climbed on top of Torrey's head as he took off in the direction that the couple went.

Ash closed the door behind her as to not let wild Pokémon inside.

“Thanks. Took a fucking long time to clean up.” Ash said with a chuckle. “I’ll be back. Make yourself at home.”

Ash ran up the stairs and into the master bedroom, where her parents kept her stuff. They were on a trip to study Pokémon, and wouldn’t be back for a while. Ash took this time to grab a deep red backpack, and shoved snacks, clothes, a couple packs of cigarettes, and a black lighter. While having the cigarettes and lighter in hand, she stuck one in her mouth, lighting it. She finished packing the necessities such as Pokeballs, food, water, and then headed back downstairs.

“Ready?” Ash asked, puffing a bit of the cigarette.

As the sun was almost beginning, a small boat made a stop at the shore of Pallet Town and out came Robert with his Misdreavus floating behind him. Once he was off the boat, he looked at the town ahead, took a deep breath, and turned the ghost-type floating next to him. "This is it," he said to Misdreavus, "This is where our journey starts."

"Misdreavus~!" Misdreavus said in excitement.

"Are you sure you want to start here at this hour?" The sailor called out to Robert and asked, "Wouldn't you have preferred to start at either Vermilion or Fuchsia City? Where there's a Pokémon Center you can stay in for the night?"

Robert turned to the sailor and shook his head. "No, here is perfect," he said, "I've heard a lot of trainers usually start their journeys here, so I figured this would be an ideal place to start mine. Plus if it gets too dark, I have Misdreavus here with me to help."

"Alright, if you say so. Good luck and have on your journey kid," the sailor said. He then proceeded to start up the boat's engine and sail off at rapid speed, probably back to the Sevii Islands.

Once the boat was out of sight, Robert turned towards the town and took another deep breath. "Let's go Misdreavus," he said and proceeded to walk into the small town with Misdreavus behind him.

After a long talk, Phoenix and Rose decided to call it a day. " *yawns* We should have talking sessions like this more often!" Rose suggested with a smile. She got the cup and the saucer and put them in the kitchen. "So little bro, what are you gonna do tomorrow?"
"I will go back to Lavender Town, to venture through the Pokemon Tower and after that I was planning to revisit Pallet Town." Phoenix responded as he got back from the couch. "But for now, I will go to my room. Goodnight, sister." He walked upstairs and entered his room, where his Meadow Pattern Vivillon. She flew over to him and gave him a big hug. Phoenix smiled and patted her head. "Hello, Vivillon. I am glad to see you." He sat on his bed and continued. "Tomorrow I will also be gone. I need to see with my very own eyes the outcome to two trainers' curiosity." Vivillon raised an eyebrow and flew above his head. "But don't worry, I will come back soon." He patted her head once more and got a book from his bookshelf. He began to read it, stopping from time to time to think about the events that occured that day.

While Ash ran up to get supplies, Kale made a quick call to his Aunt in Viridian City on his Xtransceiver. He arranged her to leave out one of his backpacks with some camping supplies outside her house. Hanging up the call, he looked up just in time to see Ash come down stairs. To Kale's surprise, she was smoking a cigarette.
"Yeah, I'm good." Kale said. He crinkled his nose at the smell of the cigarette smoke, and frowned. "You know those things cause cancer, right?"

"Y'know I can do whatever the fuck I want, right?" she retorted, crinkling up her nose. "Besides, it calms me down."

She adjusted the straps on her big backpack, and bent down to give Charmander a slight pat on the head. She then looked up at Kale, puffing a bit more of her cigarette.

"Do you need to stop somewhere before we head off?" she asked, her annoyed expression soothed a little.

Robert continued to walk around Pallet Town, with Misdreavus floating behind him, to see what the town had to offer. He then found a sign that points towards the direction of Route 1. "Alright, all we have to do is follow the sign and we should be in Route 1 shortly," he said to Misdreavus.

When Robert turned, Misdreavus was nowhere to be found. "Misdreavus?" He said as he looked around for the ghost-type that wondered off, "Where are you?"

Misdreavus was floating around and spotted two trainers with an Emolga and Charmander, which caught the ghost-type's attention. Misdreavus then began to float closer to them to hear what they are talking about.

"Well, yeah, kinda. My Aunt in Viridian City's gonna have a bag waiting for me. But I'll be fine until we reach there." Kale said. He was glad that Ash didn't seem too upset about what he said. Figuring that they were ready to go, Kale opened the door and walked out of the house only to notice a Misdreavius floating nearby, watching them. Kale had seen a few before, when he visited Johto, and thought that for a ghost Pokemon they weren't that creepy. In fact, Kale thought they were kinda cute.
"Hey, check it out. Isn't it a bit early for ghost Pokemon to be out?" Kale asked Ash, pointing to the ghost Pokemon. Shine also looked at the Misdreavus curiously, and a little nervously. She wasn't a big fan of ghost Pokemon.

In his room, Phoenix started gathering his stuff. He wanted to get ready to leave first thing in the morning. His Vivillion was watching him, slightly judging him at the same time. "I am sorry, Vivillion." He spoke as he day back on his bed. "I know meddling in strangers' lives is not the best idea, but they have really caught my attention. If it will make you more comfortable with it, I will watch them from the shadows." His Vivillion raised her eyebrow at him. (if Vivillion have any eyebrows) "I know, it is not right, but I am interested in their little upcoming adventure. For now, let us speak on another topic." Vivillion sighed and began talking with his trainer some more.

“Yeah, it is pretty early for a ghost Pokémon to be roaming about.” Ash mentioned, taking the cigarette out of her mouth to puff a bit of smoke.

Charmander watched the Misdreavus nervously, being kind of scared of the Pokémon. He tried to hide his nervousness however, and straightened his spine, huffing out a puff of smoke from his nose.

Kale watched the Misdreavus for a moment longer, before smiling, waving at the ghost Pokemon, then turning away. He pulled out his town map again and looked at where the X had been marked.
"It looks like the quickest way to get to the X is to head up past Viridian City through Vir-" Kale cut himself off as he realized what he was saying. Viridian Forest. No way in hell was he going to go back in there. Even looking at in on the map was enough to make him a little nervous, but Kale tried to play it off. "Uh, um, I mean, Diglett Tunnel is probably the way to go."
Diglett tunnel. A much safer choice than Viridian Forest, in Kale's opinion.
"How's that sound?" Kale asked Ash.

After being spotted, Misdreavus floated a bit closer towards the two trainers but more so towards the Emolga as it caught the ghost-type's attention. Misdreavus has never seen a Pokémon quite like it before and hovered around the Emolga to inspect it while failing to notice how uncomfortable the electric-type is feeling because of her.

Meanwhile, Robert continued to walk around Pallet Town, looking for Misdreavus. "Misdreavus! Where are you!?" He called out, "She couldn't have gotten far. I hope she isn't getting into trouble."

“Wouldn’t it be simpler to waltz through Virginian Forest? Diglett Cave is kind of off path.” Ash said through her cigarette.

Charmander climbed up Ash’s leg onto her shoulder and tried to swat away the ghost Pokémon, his tiny paws going right through the Misdreavus. During this time, Ash puffed a bit of her cigarette.

Misdreavus felt the Charmander's paw going right through her as he tried to swat her away. She turned towards the fire-type and giggled a bit at his attempt, while not knowing that he was trying to chase her off.

After a bit of searching, Robert finally found Misdreavus with the two trainers. "Hey, Misdreavus!" He called out to the ghost-type.

Misdreavus turned to Robert after hearing him call out to her and hovered to him cheerfully.

Kelly started her journey in Pallet town, she met with professor Oak to see about getting a pokedex. Her partner Sky (Sylveon), who was always by her trainer's side, proudly looked at Kelly for following her dream.

Kelly got her pokedex and pokeballs from Professor Oak. She looked to Sky and smiled brightly. "Hey Sky you ready for our adventure to begin?" "Sylveon!" Sky replied. Sky jumped up from where she sat and raced out of the building. "Hey wait for me!" With that she ran after her.

Eventually Sky found herself outside of Pallet town when she ran into three trainers with their pokemon. Sky jumped up to the girl with the charmander and wanted to play. She bounced around him very excited to meet someone new.

Meanwhile Kelly frantically looked for her Sylveon until she spotted her with three other trainers. She ran up to them a little out of breath from chasing her all the way here. "Sky you know you are not supposed to run off like that! What if something where to happen to you, then what would I do?" Kelly said this as she looked sternly at her. Then she turned to the others. "I am so sorry. She is usually not like this. I guess she got excited avout finally going somewhere new. My name is Kelly Joy by the way."

Last edited:
"Oh... Uh, yeah, but..." But before Kale could continue, he was interrupted by not one, but 2 things. The first one was a teenage boy, who was calling after his Misdreavius. Evidently, the ghost type was his. Made sense as to why the Pokemon was so friendly. Pity, if the Pokemon had been wild Kale was considering trying to catch it. Kale gave the teenage boy and his Misdreavius a wave.

The second thing was a Slyveon that had shown up and was bouncing around Ash's Charmander. Unlike the Misdreavius, Kale was totally flabbergasted to see a Sylveon here. True, the Eeveelutions had originated in Kanto, but it was still pretty rare to see one in the wild. But as it turned out, the Sylveon belonged to a trainer, a teenage girl who introduced herself as Kelly Joy. Joy? As in the Nurses Joy? The girl sure looked similar.
"Uh, I'm Kale." Kale said, not really thinking. Shine watched the Sylveon curiously, having never seen the Pokemon before. In truth, Kale was kinds glad to have a distraction from talking about Viridian Forest.

"It's nice to meet you. I am so sorry about Sky, she is usually better behaved then that. I am from Viridian City. I came to get a pokedex to take with me to travel the region. I have had Sky since she was still an egg. My mom found her abandoned outside of the pokecenter where she works." Kelly held out her hand to shake the trainers hand. Then looked at Sky who was still trying to get Charmander to play.

"Nice to meet you, I guess." Ash said with a shrug. "Call me Ash."

She puffed a bit more of her cigarette, puffing a small ring of smoke from her mouth. She liked making tricks with her cigarettes, and she smiled, proud of herself. Charmander quickly jumped up, sucking the smoke from the air through his nostrils, puffing it out of his mouth. Ash gasped and slapped Charmander gently on the back of the head.

"You can't do that! If you get hurt, I won't forgive myself." she growled.

"It is nice to meet you Ash." Kelly looked to what Ash held in her hand it looked like it could be some kind of map. "So what are guys doing it is kind of late to start a journey. By what are you holding?"

Sky sat on the ground and looked up to Ash as she blew the rings of smoke. "Veon!" She looked enthralled at the smoke coming from such a small stick.