• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The 8th Japanese Anime Intro

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
First off, if you haven't seen it yet download it here: http://filb.greenchu.de/
Just scroll down the page alittle to find the 6.61 MB download. Keep in mind, though, that if you've only kept track of the dub version this will contain spoilers.

Anyways, what do you guys think of it: the animation, the song, and the overall appeal? Since it's a bit different from the past intros (aka. the music score) do you like the changes or not? Etc., etc.

Use this topic for general opinions. All deeper insights about what the intro might mean go to Stel's "Death of the Anime?" topic.

I personally love the quality of the animation in this intro and the opening battle scene (best drawn Combusken yet!), but overall I think some of the others have been better. "Challenger!" isn't much of a song but its intro does have good animation, and "Ready Go!" simply rules in every way. The fact that every single Legendary (Mew to Jirachi) made an appearence in this one, though, definitely earns it some extra points. The 1st and 2nd AG intros only featured a few at a time...

All I can really say now is that I can't wait to hear the full version of the "Pokémon Symphonic Medley" . I wanna hear "Rival", "Ok!", and, most of all, "Pockettaari Monstaarri" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think they'll release a full version of it? Challenger! was never extended, unless you have a version I don't...

The animation is the most impressive I've seen anywhere in forever, especially those scenes with mass Pokémon running through the fields, etc. Just watch it over and over again, each time watching one Pokémon. Wow.

The music is the best intro yet. The songs sound a little out of place, the way they change so often, but if a full version is released (possibly in Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero? *drool*), this won't be a problem. Still, a symphonic medley is something never seen on this show before as an intro (the dub's version will no doubt suck to the power of infinity, unless they do the same thing, but with the dub melodies).

I love this new intro. I've watched it at least thirty or forty times by now, and I'm still not tired of it. If it makes it to the eighth movie, I will be in heaven, but since the Advanced Generation movies haven't had movie remixes yet (Waku Waku was remixed, but only for the soundtrack: it wasn't actually in the movie, I believe), I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

On the topic of the eighth movie, it's nice to see the return of short films. It's been confirmed that the North American release of Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys will NOT contain the short shown on the ANA planes, as was first hoped. But...that's for another topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
This is easily my most favourite intro, Regis or not. Waku Waku blew me away the first time I saw it/Heard it and this did the same. Only because it features that song can I actually place it above it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QuagsireQing said:
I love this new intro. I've watched it at least thirty or forty times by now, and I'm still not tired of it. If it makes it to the eighth movie, I will be in heaven, but since the Advanced Generation movies haven't had movie remixes yet (Waku Waku was remixed, but only for the soundtrack: it wasn't actually in the movie, I believe), I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Ditto to that! I repeatedly watched it the day I first got it about 25+ times ^^

I guess the reason I've downsized its worth (not by much, mind you) was the Jessie/James and "Ash in the rain" scene. The TR one was okay, but felt kinda... I dunno, weak compared to the before scenes? And the Ash scene has been used so many times! Maybe not crying in the rain, but at least crying over something... Must be a Japanese thing ;)
The song indeed kickass ass, though. No buts about it :D

(Note: I'm sure after watching the intro enough it'll become my favourite. The more I watch it, the more I love it)

Anyways, the reason I - and many others - think it'll be extended is because it was made for the 8th movie. Kinda has that feel to it, eh? I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't make an effort to put it in. Besides, the fact that a bunch of AG songs made it into the medley yet only Ready Go! and 1st season's did as well seems odd, as if the other two intro songs were meant to be included but couldn't because of time restraints. That's my theory, and I hope it's true. Not extending this song would be a travesty of justice! :twisted:

*If that kinda rambled on, humor me. I just woke up ^^;*

I just realized that if you listen carefully, the Team Rocket scene's music is Gotta Dance (Polka-O-Dolka in Japanese), and the Ash-in-the-rain scene is Sokoni Soraga Arukara. Those two are more unrecognizeable, especially Gotta Dance, unless you listen to the endings as often as openings.

I didn't know it was made for the eighth movie...bring on the seven-minute version!

By watching Ive assumed Brock catches Gonbe/Munchlax. Is this true?

And who is the dude in the black cloaf who flys away?

Scold me if these are stupid questions....

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Brock doesn't get Munchlax that we know of - I highly doubt he will either. I believe it's simply in there to show off Munchlax (who's getting a surprising amount of coverage) and for comedy.

The cloak dude is Mewtwo.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I agree about Munchlax. That attention-whore... I wish they'd reveal another new Gen Pokemon already. By the time the games come out we're gonna be sick of that thing ;p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Raichu said:
I agree about Munchlax. That attention-whore... I wish they'd reveal another new Gen Pokemon already. By the time the games come out we're gonna be sick of that thing ;p

You never know, we have 4 more fridays left this month - by the flukey happenstance of both Xmas and New Years eves falling on them - that's plenty of time for a new 4th generation Pokemon to be revealed.

(The normal way this news works is that it's shown off in japanese magazines first, then makes its way to the official japanese site that Friday - but you never know, the site has been first before for news and with Xmas coming up, chances are the mags may not be able to cover anything as small as a single Pokemon unveiled or something without massive details on the game... Mind you, the same goes for the site.

I still think we can expect at least one new Pokemon to crop up this month... maybe. The main hope of that had been placed with the 8th Movie trailer - which as we now know is bucking a trend and going back to Mew for a star...

Oh well... our next dosage isn't too far off if my predictions are correct.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TheBlueAvenger said:
*coughcoughTOGEPIcoughcough* :wink:

*Pokes Togepi and knocks it over, watching it tumble down a steep hill and out of sight*

Whoops! ^__^;;

Togepi was fun at first but its repetitive uselessness got boring fast. In the end even its cute looks couldn't save it from the masses... That still didn't stop me from buying two stuffed Togepi toys, though, one of which that talks. I luv it! :D

And I hope your predictions are right, Oakster. I like Munchlax and all (I'mean, it relates to Snorlax - what's not to like?) but after the 7th movie introduction of it I would've liked something new for the 8th... Maybe other Gen 4 Pokemon will pop up and they just haven't told us yet. Wouldn't put it past them... Kecleon popped up mid-way in the Johto season after all. It was the only Hoenn-type that did, though... Guess that would be our Munchlax of Hoenn. When Blaziken showed up it wasn't a surprise anymore... /rant

Speaking of Pokemon like Kecleon, Munchlax being in the intro is something new. Besides possibly Togepi (which is understandable), they've never shown Next Gen Pokemon in the non-next gen intros before *Unless I'm horribly mistaken. If so, feel free to mallet me* ^^

Raichu said:
Kecleon popped up mid-way in the Johto season after all. It was the only Hoenn-type that did, though...

Your'e forgetting Wynaut and the inane "who stole my food" jokes that cropped up for three episodes.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
[quote name='"QuagsireQing"]Thank you' date=' I will. Marill was in Season 2's intro. The end.[/quote']

*SMASH!* Ouchie x_X
I deserved that. Never write replies after 1am dangit :oops:

I can't believe I forgot the Wynaut episode, too. It was so bloody cute! Proabably one of my faves that season. This is why I want the Master Quest Boxset. I hate my memory... ^_^;;

Now I'm almost starting to feel gipped with the current season. If at least 1 more gen 4 Pokemon doesn't pop up in the next few months I'm turning violent. Again. :twisted:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Though, it should be noted that both the Orange Islands and Master Quest were essentially filler eps whilst waiting to go straight from Johto to Hoenn. So having next gen pokemon crop up was more or less helping tide them over.

Also should be noted that unlike G/S and R/S there hasn't been a couple of Next-Gen Pokemon revealed, simply just Munchlax. Kecleon, Wailmer and Volbeat all had pics of them floating about in 2001 - but we don't have anything other than Munchlax currently with pretty much just a year to go until Diamond and Pearl (my estimations of course).

It could simply be because Movie 8 isn't showcasing the Next Gen so far as we know as it would usually be expected. However, nearly every movie has featured a next-generation Pokemon in it somewhere (Bar 3 and 6 which instead focused completely on the less showcased yet popular Pokemon from their generations) so i'd say it's rather likely we'll still get something in the coming months before the movie is released.

I'd still love to have one by Xmas though, just to keep my points up. ^^

It was Kecleon, Wailmer and Azurill that were announced first. Volbeat, Wynaut and Duskull came later.

Did Wynaut make its debut in the anime? or was it shown in Camp Pikachu first? I can't remember...