• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The 8 Spirits Of Mischief

No! It's alright! Mechanical Bows are different! They are made of metal, where traditional bows are made of wood.
Ok! That works! I kinda wanted Irene as a ranged fighter, so a bow and a Javelin would be ideal. I said I'd fix it and then I was like "Oh shoot. What other ranged weapons are there? XD"

I want to fill in the last spot, mountain, but I have a few questions. What's the difference between increasing weight and increasing the force of gravity on oneself? If they're the same, then the power of the moon spirit would be able to increase the holder's weight and more, making the mountain spirit redundant. Of course, there is also the chance that luminous wouldn't be able to reach such a high mass due to not having the durability granted by the mountain spirit, but I don't know. Also, wouldn't being able to support so much weight give superhuman strength by default?

I'm just making a bunch of speculations, though, so correct me if I'm wrong, which I most likely am. I just want some more description of the mountain power to differentiate it from the others.

Well @Quake the moon spirit's power for adjusting the force of gravity can make it so gravity can be stronger OR weaker on him but requires you to adjust it yourself which can eventually become tiresome, mountain on the other hand has the effects of gravity stronger on him by default, also there is a difference between earth and mountain to where earth is the more offensive one and mountain is the more defensive one

Hmm, alright, I think I understand a bit better now.

Name: Voum

Nationality: Canadian

Spirit: Mountain

Looks: Standing at only 4'2", Voum is extremely compact and buffed, as if he's been gradually squished over a long time frame. He's been bald since birth, and he's got heavy (heh, get it?) grey eyes. He wears a black hoodie with a plain shirt underneath, as well as dark grey cargo pants with pockets all over. His feet are unfortunately bare; he's always wanted to wear stylish hiking boots, but nothing he steps in ever lasts...

Personality: Voum is a humble, simple boy void of all the troubles of a typical teenager. After being forcefully isolated to the mountains most of his life due to the "messes" he unintentionally creates, he's decided to enjoy his circumstances by developing a a fascination with nature and geography. He loves hiking across entire mountain ranges whilst singing "She'll be comin' down the mountain when she comes!" for hours on end.

Weapon: His trusty hiking stick that he'll most likely never actually use in combat. He'd never dare actually lean on it, either. It's mostly for style.

Pet: Tama, the massive but timid Giant Ground Pangolin

Last edited:
Accepted! Sadly I know I promised to post the thread today but it's 34 minutes past midnight over here so the wait will continue.... also the immortal priest Ichor managed to find and befriend each one of us and will tell us to meet him at an old dock, that is where we will first meet

So, my post is almost done. Question, since some other characters have weapons that they channel their abilities through, would it be ok if Voum's hiking stick also so happened to have ridiculous weight and density? If not then it's cool. I just wanted him to have more of a reason to carry it around because otherwise he would just break it. XD

Last edited:
@L4tula I don't know, our characters just met. We'll have to find out. Like, I assume we're all supposed to work together n' stuff since we might fight the demonic spirits or something later on. Doesn't mean we HAVE to like each other though, lel.

@EspeonTheBest If everyone got along then it wouldn't be as fun, now would it? OOoooooo, I wanna see a traitor or two at some point. That would make things REALLY juuuuiiiccccyyyyy. Too bad Voum is too simple for that, but then maybe he could be easily manipulated? Idk I'm just spewing out ideas.