• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The 8 Shards of Emotion

Discussion Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-8-shards-of-emotion-discussion.18964/

Shard Locations:
Shard of Joy: ???
Shard of Sadness: ???
Shard of Anger: ???
Shard of Fear: ???
Shard of Courage: Snowy Mountain Peak (?)
Shard of Envy: ???
Shard of Shame: ???
Shard of Love: ???

It was any old day in the Imperu Region. Bird Pokemon chirped in the sky, bug Pokemon buzzed in the trees. Life hasn't been quite the same since the war. Plenty of conflict occurs around the land on a day to day basis. Nothing ever escalates into anything big but each day is a fight for survival. Many Pokemon choose to live in peace and harmony, others live to make everyone around them miserable. But there are some with goals beyond either. Those are the ones who seek the Shards of Emotion. Each shard has its own powerful energy that could be used for many different deeds; good or bad as the wielder chooses. Opinions across the land differs on how they should be handled; should they be guarded or left alone? Or, there's always the unpopular opinion of use their power.

Odium was one wanted their power. The orphaned Weavile wanted nothing more than to gain their power to exact revenge on the those who wronged him. Odium searched the snowy mountains for days, trying to find the Shard of Courage. Who had over heard a rumor of strange crystal omitting a disturbing energy somewhere near the peak. Each day, Odium grow more impatience and anger in his failures. A tiny Vanilite stuck it head out of the ground, causing him to trip. Out of frustration, Odium instinctively punted the Pokemon, causing it to squeal in pain. "Stupid monstrosity. I hate wildlife."

Last edited:
Smugleaf was too absorbed in her own life to care about the Shards. 'Let them do what they want,' she would say, shaking her head and turning her nose up. 'I don't care.' Yet, she had a sort of thirst for exploration, and enjoyed traversing the extent of the Petosa region. She was a loner, to say the least, and wished not to run into any other Pokemon during her travels; and she often didn't, but alas, this particular journey brought to her a Weavile. She had caught sight of the creature as he kicked the Vanillite, and her fictional eyebrows raised in surprise. Though slightly taken aback, Smugleaf was also intrigued- and, making sure she looked her best, she began to slink after the Weavile, her light and agile footsteps silent in the snow.

Dex, or what he called himself: 'The Protector of Emotions' walked through the snowy mountains, freezing. Suddenly, a Vanillite fell right next to him. Using his tail, he picked up the small ice Pokémon. It was sad, and crying. Dex stared at them for a moment. "It must have touched the Shard of Sadness! Be gone foul demon!" He exclaimed, throwing it down the mountain. He turned, then stopped for a moment. "Wait this is the area of Courage..." Dex's eyes grew wide and he started running down the mountain to get the baby Vanillite.

"I'm not exactly sure if it's safe... to even handle such a thing. I don't even think I can handle a blade right now after what happened last time," The Todoclor thought while noticing a purple monkey Pokémon with two hand-like tails sprinting down the snowy mountain to get a young Pokémon that resembled a small cone of ice cream. The robotic Pokémon hid behind a large boulder with a light layering of rime before peeking over to scan the monkey Pokémon. After a couple of seconds, his ocular display read:

P | | | | | | | |
Ϟ | | | | | | |
> | | | | | | | |

AIR: CLEAR
TEMP: −0.83°C
TIME: ??:??
LOC: X: ?????? / Y: ?????? / Z: ??????
OBJ A: FIND A SAFE AREA AND CALL FOR HELP
OBJ B: IF POSSIBLE, AVOID ALL COMBAT AND DETECTION

SCANNING TARGET...

TARGET: UNKNOWN
DANGER LEVEL: 09, HIGH
HT: ???.?? CM / ??'??"
WT: ???.?? KG / ???.?? LB
DESCRIPTION: APPEARS TO RESEMBLE A BIG, PURPLE MONKEY HAVING TWO TAILS RESEMBLING LARGE HANDS.
CAUTION ADVISED− TARGET LIKELY STRONGER THAN SELF

Meanwhile, nearby, on the snowy mountain, Vindicta, a muscular zangoose with a heroic mindset, and Ere, a young riolu who joined his in his journey, were scaling the mountain as well, in search of the shard of courage. Ere, who was rapped in a blanket given to her by a generous pokemon at the bottom of the mountain, was shivering despite it, not used to the bitter cold of the snow. Vindicta, noticing this, reassured her: "Don't worry, the top isn't too far away." Though he said it in his own words though, he was not himself fully convinced, as the mountain was known to be one of the largest in the region. He was about to continue speaking when he spotted a frustrated-looking weavile. Though he didn't seem exactly friendly, he didn't appear to be the type to attack without reason. Strolling up to the stranger, Vindicta called, "Hello, there. What brings you all the way up here?"

Eventually, Dex gave up running after the Vanillite "Ah forget it. Probably will be fine." Dex murmured traveling up the mountain once again, before spotting a small figure behind a rock. He squinted at the rock, trying to get a better look. "Hello there. I, The Protector of Emotions, will like to know why you are watching me behind a rock." Dex started to walk closer to the rock after saying that.

Smugleaf stayed hidden, narrowing her eyes at the gathering Pokémon. Oh, Arceus, why did she come here and think she might be left alone? Rolling her brown eyes, the Snivy poked her head out of her hiding place and began to stalk quietly past them, hoping with all her heart that none of them would see her.

Odium glared back at the Zangoose. "Minding my own business. I suggest you follow suit." he said with a vicious mean mug. "The last thing I need is you or anyone else bothering me right now." Odium turned and noticed all of the other 'mons interacting around him. "Of course these idiots decide to come when I'm close. I can't find it until they're all gone. And I swear, I swear if one of them finds it before me..." Odium pointed at Vindicta. "Hey you! What are you doing here? Zangoose don't typically inhabit these mountains. You better not be here for what I think you are!"

Last edited:
As the weavile spoke, it became clear to Vindicta exactly what he was refering to. Knowing he couldn't possibly tell the truth, Vindicta decided he'd have to lie his way through the conversation. "It may not be very normal, but I live on this mountain," Vindicta lied, hiding the truth as well as he could. "I quite enjoy the frigid temperature, and it's very peaceful since not many pokemon choose to come here." Vindicta looked around, realizing there were actually quite a few pokemon in the area. "Well, not usually at least," he added, attempting to sound as reasonable as possible. However, he knew he couldn't just leave the weavile to find the shard, so he thought up yet another falsehood. "Now, if you excuse us, I'm taking my daughter to the top of the mountain to see the view," he continued, walking past the weavile. "It'll be her first time up there."

Odium grabbed his arm before he got too far. Odium was born and raised in the mountains and hadn't remembered seeing a Zangoose around here. But that wasn't what caught his attention. "Hold it. You say you're taking your daughter up to see the view correct?" he asked before giving the Riolu a mean mug. "Am I to assume this thing is yours? Doesn't look like she's too comfortable here. I'd say either you're a terrible father for raising her here or..." Odium furrowed his brows before his big accusation. "Or you're just a terrible liar."

Annoyed, Vindicta managed to continue to appear calm, though worried that he made a mistake. Fortunately, he had somewhat expected this outcome, and had formulated a responce in the meantime, and, focused on making it seem convincing, scowled at the weavile, and pulled his arm away. "How dare you call my daughter a thing?!" Vindicta's scowl lessened to a look of deep sadness. "Her mother was a lucario, but she died about a year ago." Ere, understanding what Vindicta was going for, looked down at the ground, seemingly saddened. "This is my daughter's first time outside the cabin," Vindicta continued, regaining his original tone. "I though it was about time for her to see our home. Now, if you're not planning on insulting us any longer, we'll be on our way." Vindicta took Ere's hand, and once again began walking away from the weavile, impressed by his own acting skills.

Last edited:
Smugleaf let out a small squeak of surprise at the argument that ensued, and slunk into view, poking her head out of her position. She narrowed her eyes at the squabbling of the Pokémon, and chuckled slightly- bickering so viciously over a shard that may not even be here? “Can you kindly stop bickering?” Smugleaf murmured in her sweet-sounding voice, her head the only thing visible from her hiding place in the shadows. “It’s getting on my nerves.”

Last edited:
Silver lay in a grassy meadow, wind ruffling her black and blue fur. She stared at the sky in a daze. Why can't it just be a full moon already? It's the only time I feel calm and relaxed. She thought. She turned and saw the edge of the mountains, not too far from where she was. She felt like she was being called to the mountains, as if she belonged there. I know that the Shards are there somewhere, and I swear on Arceus I'm going to find them.

Odium grunted as he watched the two leave, frustrated by the company he was receiving. He'd begun walking again until he heard Smugleaf's voice. "What is it, 'Turd Annoyance Day?' Who are you to give orders brat?" Odium grumbled before pulling out his notes. "Peak of the mountain..... Purple glow...... Small indent....." Odium was a third up the mountain, which would take him hours to maybe a day before he reached the top and with a Zangoose, Riolu, and Snivy roaming around, he knew time was running out before someone beats him to it, if it hadn't already happened. "Hey kid, mind explaining what you're doing here? Not an ideal place for a tiny little grass type like yourself."

Smugleaf scoffed, turning her head and narrowing her eyes. "I am not a 'kid'," she hissed waspishly, her tail flicking with annoyance. She was actually an older Snivy, she just- had not evolved, unfortunately. "I am simply sightseeing. Though the forests my kind dwell are abundant in necessities, I often find myself hankering after a look at the rest of the world." Her deep-brown gaze held upon the other for a moment, steely and stern.

Silver got to her paws and began to trod over to the cliffs, her paws touching the bare edge of the very bottom. I need to find a clearer path, one that can lead me to where I need to be. She thought. She edged around the mountain, finally finding a path she was able to walk on. She padded up, finding more twisting paths and following them when she finally got around to the top. She only had a few more paths to take. She was about to follow one up farther when she saw an arguing pair of a Snivy and Weavile. She crouched in the bushes, hoping her glowing blue rings wouldn't give her away. It won't hurt anyone to know if they're looking for something, too. She thought to herself, narrowing her eyes at the two Pokemon suspiciously, ears pricked to listen in on the conversation.

Evindal was sitting on a rock not too far away from the two arguing Pokemon as he opened and closed his hands repeatedly. "Interesting argument going on," He started with a chuckle as he got up before pointing a finger at the Weavile. "You, my friend, seem a bit too much on your edge. You've been interrogating whoever you see and... I'll bet you're looking for something here that you don't want anyone else to find." He stroked his chin and said to himself in a mocking manner. "Now... I wonder what that could be...?"

Meanwhile, as the other pokemon conversed, Vindicta and Ere managed to begin along the path once again, without being caught up in the conversation. They were still close enough to the other pokemon for them to hear them when Vindicta stopped in his tracks, terrified by what he saw. In the middle of the path, not yet covered by the snow, was a grave. Upon further inspection, Vindicta saw that it read, "This poor soul has met Mortem the Reaper, the embodiment of justice in this troubled world. May they rest in peace. If you're reading this, you may be next." Vindicta, immediately flooded with fear, knew too well exactly what the grave meant. Stunned, he began to back away, but was interrupted by a rock, tripping backwards to the ground.

Odium turned to Evindel. "Why don't you mind your own business you urchin!" Odium threatened, before glaring at the Snivy. "And keep your unnecessary sentiments to yourself. I didn't ask for it. I have things to do so if you don't mind..." Odium was getting quite frustrated with all the distractions. With all the Pokemon around, his exhibition is lagging along with the risk of the shard being found before him. "Hey kid, have you uh, seen any jewelry around?"

Last edited:
"Actually, you did ask for it," spat Smugleaf, narrowing her eyes, and turning her back on the other. He had asked her to explain- which is exactly what she had done. This, case and point, was exactly why she preferred to stay solitary, because selfish and horrible Pokémon would simply twist her words to their own benefit, or be mercilessly rude. Though, she supposed she could be nicer- she would never admit it. Hearing his second question, she hissed, "Even if I did, I would not tell you."

Odium laughed at her response. "Yeah I can you haven't. What a waste of my time. Worthless millennials and their time wasting habits." Odium went back to his map. There was a path ahead that lead to the top of the mountain. However, it wasn't the most efficient way, and would take Odium much longer than just climbing straight up. That was an option, but a very dangerous one. He would be at risk of falling or causing an avalanche which would be quite unfortunate.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Kiwiyara was waling up for the morning and leaving his house for the day. Something told him that today would be...different than other days, but he ignored that feeling as it was likely an excuse to get him to meet new people, which he doesn't try to often. Kiwi decided to go to the mountain, he noticed a faint, purple glow, and wanted to investigate it.