• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Terror Abound (Haunted Maze Roleplay)

Discussion ----> https://pokecharms.com/threads/terror-abound-haunted-maze-roleplay.20044/
The odd monster played the piano as the full moon arose. Perfect haunting night. At least, it seemed night all times in the maze. Still perfect, as it was the monsters favorite day. Halloween. Little kids passed the maze, looking at the skeleton. The skeleton nodded and tipped his hat, before continuing his piano music. The creepy, deafening music. It seemed to draw people in, however. It sounded like well....Music to his...lobes? He stopped for a moment, thinking if he even HAD ears. Oh well, he didn't have time to ponder. He continued to play his haunting music.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Now Jordan, he simply walked along and stopped. "Hey, who are you?" he asked. The skeleton didn't reply, and nodded his head at a sign above his piano's mantle. It read 'Old Pianist' in cursive. "Monsters live in this maze...Don't be shy. They just wan't to say hi!" The skeleton said. "There is always a back hedge door the monsters can't go through, in case you ever want to leave. Monsters can't leave the maze." The Old Pianist had explained. "This would be perfect to fill my journal up...." Jordan thought. He smiled, and entered the maze....
Little he knew, however, that the Pianist had lured him into a death trap.
( @Red Gallade )
( @Deathstalker62 )
( @Shadow_Pup )

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Zrothe rose out from the lake, awakening from its Slumber. It knew what time it was again, and was overjoyed to sacrifice some more human lives to the outer gods. It waltzed around the edges of the lake, impatient of waiting for the visitors to come, and began crafting it's signatures, first only drawing a few around the walls of the maze leading to the Lake. 'This will get their attention for sure, and who wouldn't check out where those mysterious symbols came from anyway?' It thought, as it finished its last symbol, a crudely drawn octopus trapped within a circle, it's tentacles touching the very inner 'edges' of the circle. It entered into the lake, and went for a quick rest, waiting for the ritual to begin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cain had no need listening to anyone or anything, he was too content with the fact that the maze was open to enter for anything else. He rushed through the crowd, ignoring everything and anyone, and only stopped infront of the Maze, looking in awe. He finally came to his senses, and looked around, spotting only a boy with a camera. Cain walked up to the boy, his abnormal yellow eyes meeting those of the boy. " Hello there, I'm Cain. You planning on exploring the Maze for the fun? " Cain greeted and asked, in his deep, rough voice that can easily send chills down someone's back.

"AH!" he screamed. He expected a monster behind him. Then again, he was only six inches into the maze. He turned, flashing the light of the camera in his eyes. "Oh god, i'm so sorry. I thought you were a monster!" he explained. "I-I'm Jordan. I'm here to take note of these monsters. To fill up this empty notebook I have here." Jordan said. He seemed very jittery, and excited that he wasn't the only human entering this maze.
------------------------------------------------------------
The moon was rising, and The pianist grinned. "You two have your fun in there. I'll just draw in some more humans for you. The right ones shall help you. Others shall be greedy and selfish..." He said, his voice echoing around the maze. "Ehehe." he giggled. His music grew more chilling.

Percy was near The Old Pianist as the latter played the piano, lightly swaying his head back and forth at the tune despite it growing more ominous. He shot a look toward the skeleton and lightly waved, despite the fact he was standing in the same spot for the whole day, it was strange that nobody, not even the other monsters noticed him... or they did and just ignored him. "Is it time...?" He asked in a strange voice, like a human trying their best to breath. The visors on his goggles briefly glowed red as the warm sunlight was replaced by the dim light of the moon.
--------------------------------------------
Zack calmly made his way to the maze, before he stepped inside, he let out a long inhale and breathed. "The time has come..." He said quietly and nonchalantly before he stepped into the maze... he had a feeling he knew what it really had to offer... and that was all the more reason he stepped into it.

DevVoid

Cain shook back from the sudden flash, but shook himself and stood his ground again. " Oh, that's alright.. others tend to mistake me for a monster too. " Cain grinned. " Taking notes down of the monsters.. wouldn't that spoil the fun of those reading it..? " Cain tilted his head, his face taking the usual emotionless expression, along with his cold stare, that first targeted the notebook, then Jordan.
" But, if that's what you do, then that's what you do. " Cain shrugged, and looked around for anyone else standing out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zrothe was resting underwater, leaving only the top of its head out of the water to listen to any nearby voices or movement. It was fully prepared and ready to take on whoever was foolish enough to come near it or its lake. ' Any time now, the humans will come.. and they will explore.. and when they explore, that's the time to strike. ' It thought, before dipping into the lake again, completely hidden.

"Yes. It's finally time..." He replied. "When the full moon rises, i'll sing my part. Then we will begin our TRUE fun." He said. "Remember to scare them...." he started. "OUT OF THEIR SKIN! AHAHAHAHA!" he cackled evilly. "Get back to your place..." he said. "Its almost time." He finished. The pianist went back to playing his music, growing more ominous as the moon slowly rose.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jordan blinked and looked behind Cain. "I hear somebody coming." he said. "And, reading the Freddy Files ruins the fun of FnaF doesn't it?" he said. "Many authors have done this before, not coming back out. But I want to be the first to log them all!" he said. "But it's going to be difficult. It's hard to make a monster sit still. At least, I think one of them was rumored to make you depressed THEN attack. Maybe they'll sit still for a moment."

DevVoid

" Well, if you're gonna take notes of all this, it sounds like you'll need someone to distract the monsters in order to take proper notes down. I can do just that... but how do I know to trust you? " Cain ended with a skeptical note, still looking around a bit before looking back at Jordan. " And if someone is coming, wouldn't you think walking deeper into the maze would be a good idea, to get things going? " Cain stretched his arms and took out his Machete, holding it by his side, prepared for anything.
Zrothe was distraught. How can someone take this long to reach the lake, when its presence was clearly felt by those close to it?
Zrothe had leaped out of the water and went through the Gate leading out and into its pond. It cannot wait for the prey to come to it; if it has to hunt for its prey, then it'll do just that. It let everything know of its presence outside of the Lake with a fierce roar, which sounded like a VERY deep growl instead of a roar, which developed into a distorted shriek, and could be heard nearly across the entire maze.

As Zack made his way into the maze and past the individuals that appeared to be talking. He stopped and raised an eyebrow upon hearing what sounded like a roar turning into a shriek. Zack looked back at the others in silence and wondered if they would be able to defend themselves. "You guys able to defend yourselves?" He asked without asking anything else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Percy nodded and began to make his move across the maze, his movement almost looked as if he was levitating as his robe didn't move when he stepped... speaking of which there were no sounds to his steps either, meaning he was more quiet with his movements than his words. As he passed the lake, he looked at Zrothe. "I hope you plan on letting me make them suffer; it's always more fun to hear them depressingly beg for the release of death." He said as he turned toward Zrothe and moved his arms until it looked as if both sleeves of his jet black robe connected with each other.

He turned to another human. "O-Oh! Yea, I guess we would need help." he said, writing something down. "Compan...i...ons!" he said aloud. He was writing the words 'companions' on the paper, and wrote down Cain's name. He completely ignored the first question, but answered the second one. "Oh, yea, we should head deeper." he said, walking. "You coming, guys?" he asked, not looking where he was going. He walked right into one of the walls of the maze. "Ouch." he said. "Oh! Almost forgot!" he said. "I am Jordan! Logger of all monsters!"

DevVoid

" Well, if you insist. " Cain lightly shrugged and shook his head. He tightened his grip to his machete and followed Jordan, but stopped walking and turned to Jordan suddendly. " Hey, you do have something to use as a light, right? Would be pretty pointless if we just walked around the maze, not even being able to see where we are heading to, or what we are heading to.
Zrothe looked at Percy, each of its five eyes staring directly into his. ' I will do as my lord commands. Nothing else. ' Zrothe said in deep growls and strange noises, which translated into Percy's mind. Zrothe moved on deeper into the Maze, its yellow eyes piercing into the dark. ' Let the hunt begin. ' it transmitted before rushing off into the darkness, leaving behind only noises of heavy footsteps.

Zack sighed lightly and got out a lighter and set it alight. "S'all I have in terms of light right now." He said as he began to make his way through the maze, he scoffed as he knew he should at least talk to them despite their seeming abrupt encounter. "Call me Zack by the way, I guess you could refer to me as 'The seeker of the Man of Sorrows.'" He said somewhat sarcastically as he kept his other hand in his pocket.
-------------
Percy let out a light and somewhat annoyed sigh. Once everything was dark, Percy looked around the corner to spot a few figures. He knew that he would be able to kill them right then and there... but like always, he wanted to have fun with them. Besides, they were too close to the entrance and a few other people were likely to join. So he moved back into the shadows, the last ting seen was the red glow in his goggles before he completely disappeared and patiently waited for the perfect opportunity to play.

Last edited:
He swore he had heard something and immediately turned his head. Then a bell chimed. The full moon had risen to it peak. The music that played nearby was ominous enough to make them feel like a conga line of ghost marched through the listeners. "When the moon reaches its peak, the darkness will be filled with monsters of all assortments...But the frightening part?" the voice boomed around the walls of the maze, allowing the unfortunate souls to easily hear it. "Let the hunt begin....But watch out! You'll never....Be quiet the same." he finished, pressing all the white keys on the piano from highest to lowest notes. After the tiny speech, Jordan seemed frightened a bit. "Come on. The closer we near the exit, the b-better."

DevVoid

" Hm.. which way should we g- " Cain was interrupted by the sudden noise, but was not all that phased by it. Cain had put away his machete and got out his shotgun, loading it up with ammo. As he was doing so, he looked around, checking each ways they could go. None lead anywhere, atleast, that is what he saw. He finished loading his Shotgun and put its safety on. " As I was saying.. " Cain cleared his throat with a rough cough. " Which way should we head into? ..oh, and Zack. " Cain turned around and walked closer to Zack, holding out his hand. " The Name's Cain, like in the Bible. Let's just say that I'm here for the fun of it... "

The wolf man came out of his cave as he saw the full moon has risen. The wolf man then looked up to the sky and started howling.

Grimzil was by his trailer setting up bear traps when he heard the howl. He had a wide smile as he let out a bone chilling laugh.

Jared was in the woods trying to find the best hiding spots to stalk his victims when he heard the howl. Jared looked up to the sky and the moon shined down on him. His bloodlust was tingling. Jared then walked off to a tree to hide behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael was walking around in the maze with a fearful expression. He then heard a noise that was obviously made by one of the monsters in the maze. Michael took out his pocket knife. “Why did I come in here alone...” Michael asked himself in fear. Michael then heard footsteps and he took off running while screaming like a girl. He then accidentally ran into a group of three people that made him fall to the ground. “Hello..?” Michael called out to the group of three. He thought he was the only one in there so that made him befuddled.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jaxin walked, well more like glided to Geimzil's trailer and said "Grimzil are you ready to kill" he looked at him with his creepy smile, but with out eyes you could never tell where he was looking. As the Howl sounded he let out a low cackle and began to stretch his tendrils into the maze.

Emily was frightened, why was she here, she went to step back bumping into Blake remembering he had come with her. "You ok, sis?" he asked, "yeah, I hear voices up ahead" they edged forward and saw the group, they walked towards them.

Last edited:
Grimzil has just finished setting up his hidden bear traps when Jaxin showed up at his trailer. Grimzil stood up and looked down upon Jaxin. “Why yes my freind all my traps are set up and my trailers ready for prisoners. I think im ready for the humans.” Grimzil said with a snicker of laughter. Grimzil then heard a scream from a human. “Damb did someone already get killed ” Grimzil said to himself chuckling.

Zack looked back to see that others approached. "Jesus, I didn't think so many would choose to enter the maze, just means more people to look out for, call me Zack." He said to the newcomers before he looked back and got out a well sharpened Sai, spinning it a few times in his hand before keeping it close in case any monster was suicidal enough to jump out and attack. "Hopefully you can all defend yourselves, this is gonna be one hell of a night." He said, almost as if he knew what the maze had to offer... but how?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Percy noticed the arrival of two-no, three other people, one of which looked like a hardened veteran. Depriving him of hope would be a great challenge for him, much to Percy's delight, despite this, he remained in the shadows. Still as a statue, quiet as a falling leaf and patient like a serpent, ready to strike his prey should one stray from the newly formed group.

"Come on...! I wanna go...!" he said, growing impatient. "I need to see these monsters!" he said. Jordan was growing more excited by the moment, and he couldn't wait any longer. He slipped away, walking along in the maze. "Hmm...ready or not, here I come!" he yelled. Though he thought this was risky, he couldn't take waiting anymore.

DevVoid

" Well, if everyone's ready, let's go. " Cain looked around, and followed Jordan, who he just barely saw take off. " If anyone has got a flashlight or something, now's the time to use it. We're gonna be walking around in the dark, and who knows what'll get us then. " Cain looked around, pointing his Shotgun at the dark corners before moving on, carefully watching his surroundings for anything that didn't look normal.

"Hey, wait! God damn it..." Zack said with clear annoyance at Jordan who ran off ahead, he was thinking on going after him, he looked back at the new arrivals and judging by Blake, he looked like he knew how to hold his own in a fight just like the guy with a shotgun at his disposal, he figured the photographer was safe enough, so he stayed with the rest of the group. "You guys gonna come with me?" Zack asked.
-------------
Percy decided to follow Jordan and Cain when they ran off ahead, if anyone was going to have some fun with those two, it was him. He mainly kept his eyes on the man with the shotgun as he figured he would give a fun fight, he remained within the shadows, almost invisible as he began to let out a low, faint and ominous laughter. As he got closer and closer, his presence, which felt like the strong desire to kill crept up on the pair like a sudden blast of cold air.

Michael followed the group looking around for monsters. “This is the night I fucking die isn’t it...” Michael said to himself. Michael pulled out his bottle of “water” and began drinking.

The wolf man had smelt some prey so he let out another howl and returned to his cave.

He started sweating. "I-I feel a chill..." he said, breaking into a jog. He felt something coming closer....They turned around, and yelled. "AHA!" he screeched, hoping to catch the monster by surprise. "Anyone there? If you wanna have a nice fight, I don't fight much! Still, I have a camera waiting!" he said, hoping it was the mentioned 'man of sorrow's' who tried to make people depressed. If he stuck around long, by the end of the maze he'd be super depressed. He knew at that point, the victim would want to commit suicide. Then again, he didn't seem to be faster than whatever was hiding.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Emily and Blake were following this group, if they stuck with them maybe they were more likely to survive this, as they walked Emily noticed something up ahead, "um guys" she started to say as long black tendrils began to creep from the green towards them, they wrapped around the feet of Jordan, Cain and Michael attempting to drag them off. Blake slashed at a tendril heading towards Emily. Emily was about to thank him when another tendril wrapped around her waist and pulled her sharply into the green of the maze. "Emily!" Blake called out he went to grab her but tendrils shot out at him he had to defend himself and Emily was pulled out of sight.

Michael had no time to react when a tendril wrapped around his leg and pulled him to the ground with pure force. He then was trying to pull the tendril off his leg but when it didn’t work he grabbed his pocket knife and cut it off freeing himself. He watched as someone from the group was dragged away. Michael had a shocked expression not knowing what to do.

Zack watched as tendrils started to appear out of nowhere and wrap around a few people of the group. He got out his Sais and cut any tentacles that fell into his range, when he noticed Emily being pulled away, he darted forward in an attempt to go after and free her and threw a Kunai at the tentacle, although it stuck, it didn't cut the tentacle. he nearly caught up with the tentacle, but it went through the hedge of the maze before he could cut the girl free. "God damn it!" He said in clear frustration, he wasn't one who would let an innocent die, especially a female. "I'm going after them." Zack said.

DevVoid

Cain reacted quickly, and shot the tendrils that were grabbing him clean off. He had rolled out of the way, and shot at the direction the tendrils were coming from. But Cain felt something was off. He had looked around him, unsure of what it was, but he had begun hearing whispers around him, mocking him and speaking in a strange, incomprehensible language. He begun shooting around him, until the noises had stopped. " Damn Spirits taunting me.. " Cain said to himself quietly, blaming the whispers onto the ghosts of dead victims. He reloaded his shotgun, and began shooting at the tendrils again.
Zrothe walked towards the noises, picking up the scent of humans. Zrothe let out a chilling growl, letting its presence known, and soon finding the source of the scent, hiding across the walls of the maze. It sensed each human, and hid in the dark, with quite difficulty considering its stature. Due to its presence, the group of humans started hearing strange whispers around them, mocking them and speaking in an ancient language. Zrothe waited, it knew that other monsters were currently at work, and it wanted for one of the humans to walk into it.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Blake wasn't sure what to do, he turned to Zack and said "We can't get through we'll have to figure out where the source of the tendrils is". As this was going on Clarke had been dragged to where Jaxin was, she shut her eyes fearing the worst and screamed.

Jaxin turned to Grimzil "What do we do with her, then?" he was examining the girl and wincing in pain, those humans had attack his tendrils, they would pay, but currently he was focused on this female, "What to do? What to do?".

Grimzil smiled at the sight of the girl. He looked at Jaxin and said, “I see you caught a good one Jaxin... You should drop her off in some random place in the maze far away from her group making her lonely and vulnerable.” Grimzil said rubbing the girls chin. Grimzil then looked at the girl. “One of the other monsters will definitely kill her before her group has any chance of saving her.” Grimzil said with a chuckle. Grimzil then walked back to his trailer grabbing some popcorn. Grimzil looked around his trailer which had looked like a little death circus. There was a a ticket booth a big circus tent where he hung people. He also had a bunch of torture and execution machines where he would torture and kill his victims. He had a chair of torture and in a little booth labeled free hotdogs he had a big stove where he would tie his victims down and burn them alive. He even had an electric chair alongside a tank filled with a toxin that burnt your skin off and he had a guillotine. Even a little area where he would saw people in half. He had felt nostalgia from his past at the circus. He even put in a little prison in his trailer last year. Grimzil smiled maniacally as excitement consumed him.

Michael had looked around and heard strange noises. “Anyone else hear that?” Michael said aloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
He felt something odd on his leg, and looked down. "How long has this been on me?" he said, poking it. "This is a very odd bracelet." he said. Realizing what it was, he screamed so loud it would make normal people death for a few shocking and agonizing moments. Anyone with ears, at least. He slashed at it with his pointed pencil, causing a slight scratch to form on it. "Hah! I knew ol' hard-tip would help me one day!" he said, smiling. He wasn't clear yet. He had one thing to do. "HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" he yelled, holding the last 'e'. "HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!" Jordan called again.

DevVoid

" Jordan, take this! " With a swift motion, Cain grabbed the Machete from its holster and threw it to Jordan. Cain looked around, and shot at any other tendrils grabbing the others. He backed away slowly, reloading his shotgun in the process. He begun hearing the voices again, and looked around, looking for their source. He saw nothing, but he knew something was up. Someone HAD to make him hear those noises, and that being has to be around here somewhere. He wondered if it was just him, or if someone else is also hearing what he is.

Last edited:
Michael watched as the tendrils were bassically defeated. Michael looked around him to see where the whispers were coming from. “Show yourself I know your here monster!” Michael called out to the monster nearby causing the noises.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Within a small broken down cabin within the maze, stood a tall, twisted figure, they took a few steps forward, Their bones crunching as they did, making a cracking sound. It got on all fours, sprinting, the sound filling the near areas of the maze, it made it's way over to the humans, turning to a dead end on accident, it stood up on its hind legs, bending it's back so far back that it had a clear view of the humans. It turned around and as it did so, cracks and crackles could be heard as their bones moved. Their body returned to a semi-normal position as they moved their upper body back into place, revealing that they were much taller than they looked.

They turned. "You've got to be kidding me." Jordan mumbled. "CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A DANG BREAK?" he yelled. Jordan looked around in his bag for anything and realized he still had a camera in his own two hands. He put his pencil away and caught the machete. He then cut the tendril with it. He was free! "Take...This!" he said, taking a picture and slicing them with the machete. "Man I didn't think I'd be able to do that..."

DevVoid

Zrothe climbed over the walls of the maze, and jumped right into the scene, between the tendrils and the group. It roared, making a deep, chilling noise that drew the attention of everyone, monsters and humans, to it. Zrothe's five eyes scouted across the area, then each one looking at each human. It stood up, standing nearly as tall as a giant animal. It waited for the feeling of despair and broken hopes of escape to settle in, before it took one of the group with it.
" ...wait, stop.. ...do you hear that? " Cain stopped shooting, and looked up at the walls of the maze. The whispers had stopped, instead, there was the sound of something climbing the walls of the maze. Before he had time to analyze where it was coming from, an eldritch horror landed in the midst of the action. Cain shook back as he heard the beast roar. He had heard only rumours about it, but that this being was actually real? Cain could not believe his eyes. As he was examining the creature, looking into the creature's many eyes, he stopped entirely, being entranced by it, and slowly descended into madness. Something had to get his attention, soon.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Blood slowly rolled out of the cut, yet, it wasn't red, it was an oily black colour. The creature shrieked, covering its eyes, now, not only was it cut, but it was blinded, it would take a while for its eyes to adjust to the darkness. It blindly started clawing in the direction of the humans, not sure if it was hitting anything in its blind, rage fuelled attack. It lost balance and fell over, hitting its head. The creature pushed itself up, blinded and angered, it started clawing at anything and everything.

As Michael watched as Jordan striked the creature he expected Jordan’s attack to do almost nothing. But when blood came seeping out of the creature and it seem blinded he thought this was his chance to attack. Michael pulled out his pocket knife and began to run towards the creature jumping on its back and stabbing it repeatedly. When Zrothe jumped into middle of the scene Michael had lost his grip and fell to the ground vulnerable.

(I don't really have a clue as to what's going on right now so i'm gonna start at the beginning of the maze with Isak. Jack will come in later)

Isak went along with his friends to the maze. He was really scared and nervous, he didn't want to enter the maze! But some of his friends had even promised him up to a hundred bucks if he did. In total, it would be 465 dollars. So he agreed to do it. They promised that they would give the money to his family if he hadn't come out in three days. They arrived at the entrance.
"Come on now, Isak. Prove to us you're brave enough to do it!" One of his friends said. Isak started taking steps into the maze; one... two... three... he stopped there. He couldn't do it. He was too scared. He turned around to walk out again but his friends stopped him, calling him a coward and other mean things. One of those who had promised him money raised his 100 bucks to 200 bucks, which was enough to make Isak stop and look at the guy.
"Are you serious?" He said. The guy picked out 200 from his pocket and showed it to Isak. Isak nodded and ran back into the maze...