• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Teen Titans/Young Justice RP Disscussion

The Scarab is actually unable to be picked up with modern radar. (Only has ever been on radar from a device from like the 27th century, I think.) So it wouldn’t receive a message. Proabably a better choice would be to set up an alarm with a message. (Like an alarm at a warehouse goes off, Beetle detects it, and goes there. And gets a message to head to the cooridinates.)

But it would have to be directed towards the Scarab, which can’t be done due to it being untraceable. Or else it would be picked up by all devices in El Paso, which will cause more problems.

The scarab is sentient, and knows what signals are meant for it. And Damian's message is an electrical signal unable to be picked up by anything but the Scarab, as it's only broadcasting in El Paso and is based on the Motherbox signals. (Don't tell me Batman wouldn't make something like that.)

Batman has never had access to Motherbox technology, so it would be impossible for him to make a device to cast Motherbox signals. Even if it’s undetectable by the other devices, the Scarab would just shrug it off, as it has no familiarity and will assume it’s not meant for it.

Look @Ry_Burst are you seriously stating that as a fact? This is Batman we're talking about. BATMAN. Most of the shit he does is in secret, and he has figured out plans to kill every single Justice League member. Batman is a fucking boss.

I don’t doubt Batman’s ability. I’m just saying he hasn’t made contact with the Motherbox technology (except for maybe seeing the Blue Beetle suit). I see it as you seeing a Rocket picture (after never seeing one before) and having to build one, while blindfolded.

And at this point in time, Blue Beetle isn’t a Justice League Member. Plus there are other ways to kill Beetle without dealign with Motherbox signals.

Most of the shit he does is in secret, and he has figured out plans to kill every single Justice League member. Batman is a fucking boss.

Specialized, situational plans that have like an actual 1/100 odds of actually working in most practical settings. Can we not go on the assumption Batman can solo the Justice League whenever he wants at any given time? I like Batman, he's a cool badass but some of his fanboys (Some who even make comics) put him on a pedestal at the expense of everyone else in DC.

Good lord that comment was more nit picky than I expected. I apologize.

Wait, why have I been saying Mother Box? I was mixing it up with the Reach, the alien race that made the Scarab.

Anyways, the point still stands. You can’t create a signal that is unable to pick up anything but that one thing, if you don’t have any knowledge of how the technology works. Especially which the Reach designing it to be hidden from all present Tech, which would include the Mother Box. You can’t focus on a signal if you have no idea how the signal nor the technology that proudes the signal works.

Anyway, in class and can't respond to RPs so I'll just throw in a couple of quick questions for future reference.

SS-I Never, Beast Boy does not know who Batgirl is correct? Assumed she knows his name based on Damien's file. Just want to make sure I don't muk up this introduction between the characters. Apologize if this is a stupid question.

Excalibur Queen, how did you want the fight between Matt & Catboy to go? You know, before Batman decides to stop stalking them from a corner and do something.

Yeah, but if Batman had Blue Beetle in his files (which is how Damian was able to figure out about Blue Beetle in the first place) then he should have some data on him.

Specialized, situational plans that have like an actual 1/100 odds of actually working in most practical settings. Can we not go on the assumption Batman can solo the Justice League whenever he wants at any given time? I like Batman, he's a cool badass but some of his fanboys (Some who even make comics) put him on a pedestal at the expense of everyone else in DC.

Good lord that comment was more nit picky than I expected. I apologize.
To be honest with you, DC makes their heroes way too overpowered. And most of the time they're biased because they try to attend to the fans.

Beast Boy does not know who Batgirl is correct? Assumed she knows his name based on Damien's file. Just want to make sure I don't muk up this introduction between the characters. Apologize if this is a stupid question.
idk, maybe. If you want him to know who she is, then go right ahead.

Yeah, but any data wouldn’t be good solid sources. And there is a difference between knowing of the exitsantce and knowing how it works.

Batman has extensive files and knowledge on the Blue Beetle from working with him in the past and conducting research. The scarab can pick up all kinds of electronic wavelengths, so Damian is just making one that normal Earth tech can't pick up and broadcasting it. Therefore, the scarab can notice it.

Actually, Batman hasn’t worked with Blue Beetle. Nit until he is a member of the Teen Titans. The other previous Blue Beetles were alternate timelines, so there wouldn’t be extenisve knowledge at this point. And the Scarab kinda stops technology like phones from seeing him. So there would be no way Batman would have extensive research. Just because he’s Batman doesn’t mean he’ll have extenisive research on every person in the world.

But to keep plot happening, I’ll ignore the concept of science. But for the record, to make a device to produce a wavelength to be picked up by certain types of tech and not others, you need to have a good deal of knowledge involving that type of technology, or at least on the basis of how it works.

But for the record, to make a device to produce a wavelength to be picked up by certain types of tech and not others, you need to have a good deal of knowledge involving that type of technology, or at least on the basis of how it works.
Such as Batman has? Blue Beetle would have at least partnered with other superheroes, and I'm sure Batman has been to El Paso at one point or another. And considering the type of knowledge he has... I think it's safe to assume he'd know quite a bit about Blue Beetle. The scarab itself, maybe not, but Jaime Reyes yes.

Jamie has not met Batman until he joins the Teen Titans. So in this universe, they have never even met. And I doubt he has went it El Paso, during the time Jamie is Blue Beetle. As he’s only been it for about two years.

Two years is more time than DAMIAN's been with Batman. Besides, Batman already has an established in-depth file detailing Blue Beetle's powerset and abilities, as well as his real name. If he hasn't encountered Batman, then explain that. Actually, no need to. The file already being there and being the basis for Damian's actions involving him already exist and have been referenced in the RP.

I was thinking about something. Maybe, during the fight, they (Catboy and Matt) end up at the coordinates. The group watches until they reach a stalemate. Thoughts?

Raven: These bats know way too much about us. It's annoying.

Beast Boy: Oh come on, of course they know everything. They are disciples of Batman!

Raven: *Sigh*

Also I love Batgirl's method of "stranger whose name I somehow know drop everything and get in this car there is no time to explain."

Last edited:
Raven: You people are just so trustable, you know that.

Beast Boy: Oh come on, they are not that bad.

Raven: Considering their leader, or whoever is responsible for this, has secret spy wear that can watch apparently anyone 24/7 and memory erasers, I fail to see how they are not.

In all seriousness, I'm fine with that approach. Depends on if Eevee is as well.

Raven: Are you sure these guys are the good guys?

Beast Boy: Oh come, so they knock us out and erase our memories just to keep secrets from us. I'm sure they have a...good reason for it. Trust them.

Raven: Right, I can just feel the trust growing with these guys.

For the record, what should I have Batman's reaction be to Damien/Batgirl's recruits being at the warehouse? (Given he is tailing Matt/Catboy who are also going to said warehouse).

Last edited: