• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Team Shade Discussion

Link to roleplay here ↦https://pokecharms.com/threads/team-shade.19184/
Information and Rules:

• Pokemon trainers and Pokemon only- no Gijinka's.
    • You can either be a member of Team Shade or an outside organization: (Regular old trainer, Rival team, Gym Leader, etc, etc. If you are a Pokemon, you can be wild, hanging around the outskirts of Headquarters, or a trained, caught pokemon.
    • You can team up! Meaning, if you have a friend on the site, you're two characters can be connected! For example, if @Captain Cardboard wanted to be my pokemon, he could! All he'd have to do is include this important detail in his profile, as well as mine.
    • There are ranks involved! You typically start out as a grunt, however, I will be accepting four people who will "run" Team Shade. If you're interested, just ask!
Bosses: @GottaKetchumAll and @Comet Blaster
Admin: @Mr.Glaceon

Executive: ???

• Maximum of three characters.
  • Shiny Pokemon are allowed!
  • Cursing is permitted, but not every other word.
  • Please keep responses at least 4+ lines.
  • Have fun!

Trainer template:
Name:
Relationship:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Pokemon:
Organization:
(for example, Team Shade, Team Light, N/A...)
Distinguishing marks:

Pokemon Template:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Mate:
Caught/Wild:
Organization:
Distinguishing marks:

That's about it, folks! Thanks! Feel free to ask questions, or just chat with me. o3o

Last edited:
Okay, so I just posted this... So it's in the works. I am currently collaborating with a few others on this, and we're trying to come to an agreement. I just know that if you choose to be a member of Team Shade, you'll complete a mission with the other characters. There will be bumps along the way, whatever comes up- rival teams, authorities, turning on each other, etc. If you choose to be a pokemon I suppose there could be a side plot. It's just a generic roleplay with a go with the flow type feeling.

Name: Dominick (He prefers Dom)
Height: 5'9
Weight: About 130
Appearance: He has jet black hair with dark brown eyes and a perky nose. He wears a dragon pendent with his red jacket and black pants.
Personality: Dom is right now a free spirit and a little wild he likes to just roll with the punches. He is a little brave, but manly flees from big trouble.
Organization: Currently none
Distinguishing marks: His dragon pendent
Pokemon: His Fraxure and Camerupt (For now may catch another soon.)

Name: Akeya Eastlake
Relationship: The Co-boss Of Team Shade
Height: 5 foot 4 inches
Weight: 134 pounds
Appearance: She has dark brown long hair with green eyes. The ends of her hair is dyed blue. She wears a black shirt with a blue scarf and blue jeans. All in all, she doesn’t like to look professional.
Personality: She likes to joke around, but takes her job seriously. She stands up to anyone in her way.
Bio: She originally lived in Kanto, but came here to become a trainer. She grew strong, and eventually decided to join Team Shade, gaining rank and becoming Co-boss.
Pokemon: Male Umbreon, Female Zoroark, Female Houndoom
Organization: Team Shade
Distinguishing marks: Tips of her hair are blue.

I’m in!!!!

Name: Thena Lokiana Estella
Relationship: To focused on her career, she hasn't found anyone. If you're looking to catch her eye, you better try hard to get her attention and earn her love. She does, however, have a deep bond with her best friend, Akeya Eastlake. (@Comet Blaster)
Height: 5'6
Weight: 136 lbs
Appearance: Thena is very beautiful, by human means. She had bronze skin and long black hair that fades into an ash grey tone, with a slim figure and the ample curves of a woman.

Personality: Calm and collected, she keeps her composure. She has a wall up to keep things appropriate via business with adults, but she vies the grunts of her team as her children and will protect them accordingly. Only her best friend and pokemon see her let down her walls.
Bio: She helped build up her team as a child, side by side with her best friend. Thena never had a family and Team Shade gave her a home and people to love. She even discovered herself. When she found out she couldn't have kids due to a pokemon attack as a child, she dedicated her life to the Team and grunts of the world. Due to this she is adored, and she handles the kids with a loving hand. However, those who wish to battle her to get stronger get crushed- her pokemon do not play.

Pokemon: Shiny Absol, male, Female Midnight- Lycanroc, and A Male Zoroark.
Organization: TEAM SHADE, OF COURSE ♥

Distinguishing marks: She has a huge scar down her chest to her belly button.

IT IS IN THE MAKING
Okay so the goal is to bright the future and darken the world. Their goal is to harness the energy of all living creatures, drain the life out of the earth, and ultimately, kill everyone- besides those who swear loyalty to them. They will create a new world with only useful people and pokemon.
(I just made that up in 15 seconds.)

Admins are higher up. They typically don't deal with Grunts, they leave that to the executives. Admin's work directly with the bosses, sometimes helping design and complete missions only they can handle, as well as taking a small military unit of strong trainers to take over a few towns or sometimes an entire region. Also, should they try to take on the elite four, It'll be the two bosses and the admin.

Executives are a lot more hands on. They deal directly with training the grunts in combat, as well as collecting data from field work and even completing missions that involve the assassination of a leader or espionage.

Name: Torrie Hatire (Called Tor)
Relationship: To young, and not exactly one to want.
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 93lbs
Appearance: A small girl, as the hight and weight show. She bleached her hair and put black and blue dye in it like racing stripes. Tor wears a pair of above knee shorts coloured black and grey, along with a tank top the same colour. She kinda looks like a bigger, badder version of Team Skull.
Personality: Tor has the tough love kinda attitude. She uses harsh words to get her point across and gets extremely angry if anyone mentions either her age or real name. Tor has the kind of personality that says, listen to me or I will kill everything you love.
Bio: Tor grew up on the streets like the average sewer rat. Over time, she joined and proved herself as a harsh trainer who gets the job done. Even now, Tor can make grown men and grunts shake in their boots. Tor also has a habit of making the symbol of Shade in Grafitte on everything.
Pokemon: Weavile, Jolteon, and Hydreigon
Organization:
(for example, Team Shade, Team Light, N/A...) Shade Admin (If ok)
Distinguishing marks: Dyed hair.

Hmm... This one's for @GottaKetchumAll.

So, I'd like to Axew an important question. (Two actually.)
  • Can I use my Fakemon in the RP? (I am asking this because it was not stated in the rules of this thread, and it would be quite exciting to use some of my newer ones I have recently made.)
  • If my character is from another team/criminal organization, like say Team Tots as an example, how would they be starting in the RP? (I.e. With Team Shade, or perhaps around them or another area? Also just to point out from the example, Team Tots is one of the fan made teams I have made; they have disbanded and joined up with Team Regressive after seeing how much more advancement they made.)

I suppose so! Just be sure to leave good descriptions so we know what we're dealing with! Also, maybe a pokedex entry. Team tots would work- perhaps we could have infiltrators in the meeting! @Kibago

Oh that’ll be more than easy. I always include dex entries for my Fakemon characters.

I’ll get in my bios as soon as possible since I have to put a bit more information for my Pokémon since it’s a Fakemon of mine after all.

Yay! I'm so excited! Thanks guys!
Also- I will be taking requests for drawing characters. I now have the proper digital tools so expect nothing but the best! or worst

Name: Damien Sol
Relationship: Nope, none!
Height: 5'5
Weight: 142 lbs
Appearance: A somewhat short and skinny young adult. Has an unhealthy white skin, dark blond hair rather long for male standard, blue eyes, and wear glasses (half-frame style). It can be seen that he doesn't get much sleep with the shadows his eyes.
Personality + Bio: Damien is a calm and serious person. He's very honest, and will only keep secrets if necessary. Suffer from insomnia and depression. He's not scared of death and would have already welcome it, if it wasn't for his pokémons, his only real friends. He doesn't get along well with other humans because of his life experience; his entourage, family and all, were all assholes (like seriously), and thus why he is interested into Team Shade plans about "eliminating humans"... not so much about killing pokémons too, but what must be done must be done to please the boss. No need to worry about his loyalty. Usually play fair in battle, and try to have fun, but will start fighting more seriously and even use cheap trick if necessary. When bored, he has the bad habit of getting his sketchbook out and start drawing, whatever the silly or dangerous situation he's in.
Pokémons: Male Eevee, male Linoone, female Zorua (All wild and tamed, but not fully trained at Team Shade standards yet, ...except for the Zorua, that one's bloodthirsty.)
Organization: Team Shade (new recruit)

...Is this good?

Trainer
Name: Agni
Relationship: Nah, not yet.
Height: Around... 5'2"
Weight: 125 lbs
Appearance: Angi has short ginger hair. Her face is covered with freckles and her eyes are a dark brown. Her skin is a fairly tannish color. Focusing on build, she's short and chubby. Naturally, she has trouble losing weight which can often cause problems with the way she eats.
Personality: Agni is very laid back, and she doesn't have that much life experience as well. Despite what Team Shade requires, she does treat her Pokemon nicely. She often likes to make sarcastic remarks about people. She actually despises being in Team Shade, though this is more of a family problem then anything.

Bio: Agni was born into Team Shade. Her father pushed for her to be raised to join, though her mother protested. After much arguing, he took young 5-year-old Agni and left his wife. Raised being forced into her father's line of work, she grew to despise Team Shade. Due to many scoldings and harsh punishments from her father, she's afraid to leave. Upon receiving her first Pokemon, she secretly refused to turn it into a monster. She continues to hide this fact out of fear for punishment.
Pokemon: Ninetails [Shiny-Female], Khangaskan [Female], Flareon [Male], Giraffig [Female]
Organization: Team Shade

Distinguishing marks: The long, green hood-less jacket she wears occasionally to cover her uniform

I also have two question for @GottaKetchumAll.

First, is there a Team Shade uniform, or do they just wear casual clothes? I should probably had more information to my oc appearance if that's the case and if you plans to draw them.

Next, it's about Team Shade ranks, you've described some of them, so I've made this to help (you can ignore this if you already planned everything).
From bottom to higher ups:
Recruits: pretty self-explanatory, they graduate to Class III units after either having worked for Team Shade for two weeks or graduate early by proving themselves to be good enough. Executives are the ones who graduate them.
Class III units: Lowly grunts, basically. They obey every order without objection and go to missions they are ordered to. Controlled mainly by Executives, they can rank up to Class II units after around six months of good work, graduated by an Executive, or can directly rank up to Class I units by an Admin or the Boss if they prove themselves to be VERY skillful.
Class II units: Containing the vast majority of grunts, they still have to obey every direct order from a superior, but can go to the missions they want. Controlled mainly by Executives.
Class I units: Veterans grunts who have proven themselves worthy of this title by an Admin or the Boss, they usually go on missions where the Admins or the Boss are in, but are still mainly controlled by Executives.
Elites units (only four): Considered equals to Executives, they are the top grunts. They only go on missions where the Admins or the Boss take part in, to directly help them. To become an Elite, a Class I unit has to challenge one and defeat them in a regulated battle, with an Admin or the Boss as witness. The defeated Elite rank down to Class I.
Executives (only 3-4?): Executives are a lot more hands on. They deal directly with training the grunts in combat, as well as collecting data from field work and even completing missions that involve the assassination of a leader or espionage. Selected by the Boss.
Admins (only 2-3?): Admins are higher up. They typically don't deal with Grunts, they leave that to the executives. Admin's work directly with the bosses, sometimes helping design and complete missions only they can handle, as well as taking a small military unit of strong trainers (Elites and Class I units) to take over a few towns or sometimes an entire region. Also, should they try to take on the elite four, It'll be the two bosses and the admins.
Co-Boss (only one): The second-in-charge. Can give any order to anyone as long as it does not interfere with the Boss plan. If the Boss where to be unable to give order for x reasons, the Co-Boss would temporally take his place.
The Boss (only one): The most important and hardest job? Its pretty self-explanatory.

...what do you think?
Also, @LizzyDraco, I like your oc, its cool.

So! I has question about Team Shade's compound. Where is it? Is it in a city, like Team Rocket's? In a cave, like Team Magma's? In a huge castle that will emerge from the underground surrounding the Pokemon League? In a forest?

Alright, I suppose I must prepare to cook up my first post since you know who has that thing unfortunately after getting word from the others...

Name:
His real name is currently unknown due to memory loss from the past. (See autobio section for his nickname and other info.)
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does look awfully young even to the trained eye.
Species: Itonidon / Lil' Cleaner Pokémon
Type: [type]Water[/type] [type]Steel[/type]
Appearance: Itonidon is a small, mostly humanoid Pokémon that resembles a robot. He has a primarily gray body and a slightly large head to body ratio. He has solid green eyes, and his mouth has no teeth whatsoever. There are two flat, perfectly circular protrusions on the sides of his head that are in the shade of a cloudy gray. His arms and legs are modest sized, as his hands each have five small fingers while his feet have five baby-sized toes. Both of his hands and feet seem to lack any claws or nails upon closer inspection and are in the shade of a cadet gray. His moderate sized, thin tail is shaped like a squeegee upon closer analysis. It is mostly a gray tube that is flexible and made for the purpose of transfering water and other materials in and out of his body and/or other areas. The end is shaped like a smooth rubber blade, though it is slightly more thicker to allow more room for cleaning and for another prime function of his.
Personality: Zilo is described from his trainer to be a modest, reserved Pokémon that often speaks only when prompted to. He tends to avoid large areas of debate and sudden, loud noises since his random-access memory usually becomes overloaded from all the pressure and causes his body to become bugged until the overload is resolved. He does not really like being on a team anymore after learning how the harsh the police were compared to the previous team his trainer was in.
Autobio: Hello, I am Z1-L0 and I am known as the little cleaner! You may call me Zilo or that other name that my trainer usually calls me if you wish. Although a lot of people tend to see me as being a little robot, I still have more than what it takes... even if a storm decided to take me down. The only thing I can remember right now is that I went to a private school and studied this thing called chem or something like that I think. I was usually alone for most of the day and my mother would be worried sick. Come to think of it, I think even my trainer is worried since I can't seem to find her either.
Ability: Synchro Drive (Countering an enemy attack significantly increases the Pokémon's focus, as the power of the next move used is doubled. This is the signature ability of Itonidon and its evolution family.)
Primary Moves: Pound Rush, Cleansing Wash, Vacuum Draw, Sud Spreader
Other: Due to the absence of the Pokédex in his trainer's home region, he was slightly modified with a special chip that grants him the ability to communicate more effectively with humans and also have other various functions of the Pokédex and other things. (He will be starting near the area where Team Shade is and cannot be caught for obvious reasons.)
Fakemon Creator: Me
Poké Browser Entry A: "No one knows its origin, as some speculate that its memories were brought back to life after a terrible storm while others contest that it was a failed project from a mad scientist."
Poké Browser Entry B: "It has been said that this Pokémon was developed for its gifted skills discovered not too long before its prior life was taken by Mother Nature."
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Condition: Tough
Category: Physical
Power: 10 x 5
Accuracy: 100%, but can be evaded more easily
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: An elementary move that most species of Pokémon learn from the start or early on. The user strikes the target with a series of quick strikes.
Effects: The chance of critical hits increases when all strikes connect.
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Condition: Cute
Category: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 15
Target: Self or Single Ally
Range: 15 Meters from user if on Ally
Description: The user purifies themselves or another Pokémon from all impurities and harm inflicted from before. The move's potency is increased when the target has more debuffs and status conditions.
Effects: Heals the target by 25% max HP without debuffs and up to 75% max HP while also gradually removing all debuffs and status conditions.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Condition: Cool
Category: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: 10% to 90% (Depending on attack's power, this is the success rate of this move.)
Power Points: 10
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Can be used up to 10 Meters from self
Description: The user gathers in a substantial amount of energy and draws in all incoming attacks to absorb the attack. However, absorbing too much power from the attack can sometimes backfire, so choose wisely when to execute this move!
Effects: After absorbing an attack successfully, the energy is stored from the amount of damage the attack would have inflicted. The energy can be used to increase an attack's power or simply heal one's self. Absorbing too much power will inflict double the damage the attack would have otherwise inflicted and stun the Pokémon for a brief amount of time.
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Condition: Beautiful
Category: Special
Power: 1−15 x 10 (Damage scales with range.)
Accuracy: 5% to 75% (Accuracy scales with range.)
Power Points: 20
Target: Single Enemy / Multiple Enemies (This attack can hit multiple enemies due to the attack's wide spread.)
Range: Up to 0.25 Meters (Effective range before power and accuracy start to fall.)
Description: An advanced move that some species of Water-type Pokémon learn later in their teenage or even adult years. The user launches a salvo of lathered bubbles on the target. This move is excellent for using against hordes of wild Pokémon due to its ability to hit multiple Pokémon at once.
Effects: No secondary effects.

(Nice. a Evil Organisation. Here's my Application)
Name: Spine's
Species: Cacturne
Type: Dark Grass
Appearance: Spine's Is a dark Green Cacturne. He is taller than a Normal Cacturne, and has some sort of Red Substance on his Hand Spine's. But that's about as Unique As it get's.
Personality: Spine's is a Hardened Battle Machine, And Will not Accept Defeat Easily. Meaning in a Short version, He is a Quite Stubborn and Cold hearted creature. Yet also Smart and Cocky.
Bio: Spine's Is a Cacturne. Despite His Specie's Habitat, He Live's Near Team Shade's base and Sometime's follow Some of the Member's that leave the base. He's Bidding his Time and Waiting until they Get tired, So he Can Ambush them.
Mate: None
Caught/Wild: Wild (For now, Unless Somebody Would Want to Catch Me.)
Organisation
: None yet.
Distinguishing Mark's: There Missing the Bottom part of His Left leg.

(Please tell me if this Application was a Little over the Top.)