• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Team Scout n' Sniff

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash

Ditto @ Leftovers
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
* Ditto has Hidden Power Ice, if I ever copy a Hidden Power

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Aqua Tail

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Disable
- Substitute

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Dragon Tail / Elemental Fang

Blissey (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

UPDATE after quite a while of testing and speaking with KoL in chat rather than in thread.

After much testing, debate and trying of various pokemon [Lopunny, Mienshao, Bisharp, Chandelure to name a few] I've settled on this team... but really the core is in Noivern, with support from Ditto in knowing exactly what my entire opposition is fairly quickly. Noivern, Eelektross and Gengar can pick apart teams, while Steelix and Blissey tank powerful hits and chase things away like nothing else - Blissey being a surprising threat to many folks who aren't expecting the coverage it has.

I can keep this description short and sweet - I lead with either Noivern or Greninja, depending on how well the team appears it can handle Toxic Spikes in particular. Noivern Frisks, alerts me to potential trick leads as well as insight on various pokemon for the battle to come. From there the team just holds itself together with relatively balanced typings

Seismitoad seems a bit out of place here, but I was having trouble coming up with a last-slot pokemon that didn't give me a relative fairy weakness. Seismitoad makes a fine Assault Vest user and gives me water absorb for the sake of Chandelure... but he's first on my potential replacements.

Eelektross has been a fine replacement, although I'm still open to different team builds to try. Pokemon that might make particularly good use of Frisk aside from ditto. Here's an example battle of my Team in action, against an opponent who seems to really love choice items.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One of the most handy scouts I used in Gen IV was an Infernape build with Fake Out and U-Turn, since it was nearly impossible for a slower opponent to catch. Ambipom and Mienshao could probably pull this off better though.

Also, a Sub/Prankster 'Mon like Klefki or Thundurus, or possibly a SubSeeder could fit into this team well I think since both can force switches through debilitating tactics and moves.