• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Team Refining

I've got a pretty good party in Pearl, but I'm wondering if I could make it any better? Here's my team:

-Empoleon Lvl 53
-Torterra Lvl 42
-Infernape Lvl 37
-Staraptor Lvl 34
-Manaphy Lvl 21
-Riolu Egg

Any suggestions?

EDIT: LVLs have changed

well... I'd replace the Pichu with something else, if you're still set on an electric, try Magnemite, they can be found swarming at the Feugo [sp?] Ironworks.

I replaced it with another Egg that I got from oizen6 over Wi-fi. So now its:

Empoleon
Torterra
Monferno
Staravia
Egg
Egg

I think the eggs are gonna hatch soon, so then it'll be:

Poke#1
Riolu
Manaphy

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well keep training them and they can become a unbeatible team

Do I even need to point out what's wrong with this statement, aside from the fact that it really wasn't helpful advice? :p

How you train your Pokemon is more important than simply leveling them up. You need decent movesets, too. Which brings me to my question... What are your movesets for these six, or what movesets are you aiming for? It's hard for anyone to help refine a team if you haven't posted those.

My moves are as follows:

Empoleon: Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, BubbleBeam
Infernape: Close Combat, Ember, Rock Climb, Flame Wheel
Torterra: Rock Smash, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Strength
Staraptor: Defog, Endeavor, Fly, Close Combat
Manaphy: Tail Glow, Bubble, Water Spout, Charm
Egg

EDIT: Manaphy Egg hatched! Now I'm waiting on Riolu..

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You know... If you're still in the process of beating the actual game itself, and you're still so weak, than there's no point in asking :/

You're team's pretty balanced yeah, and Lucario is a nice addition, and you really have nothing to worry about since Manaphy's there too. Using a legendary's a nice way to take the fun out of a game though. >> But meh, each to their own I suppose.

So yeah, come back once the game itself is beaten.

And, Oizen, that useless post you posted, that helps absolutely nothing and is spam? You get another warning for that. Read the rules please, lest you get another warning and be banned.

Well, do you know what the egges will be? Also, I'd probably get rid of the HM's and put them on an HM slave.

One egg I got from Riley, so that'll be a Riolu. As for the other one, got it from oizen6. He/She says its a Manaphy Egg, but I'm not really sure yet. The fact that it hasn't hatched yet and all.

Yeah i know its a manaphy egg they just take a little longer to hatch you can tell by the look too its a clear blue egg with a giant red dot in the middle and little smaller dots I font know why it takes longer it just seams too.