1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun/Moon Singles Team Rating Wanted!

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Mewtwofan259, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Mewtwofan259

Friend Code:
    0061-3788-4177
    I've entered and won many competitive tournaments with my teams. (While usually just school tournaments where their teams are filled with Mewtwo and my Gengar can beat them in his sleep, but I digress.) And I would like some rating and advice on my team.

Kommo-o
    Ability: Soundproof
    Item: Red Card
    Nature: Serious
    Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
    Moves:
    Sky Uppercut
    Clanging Scales
    X-Scissor
    Earthquake

Lycanroc
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Item: Rockium Z
    Nature: Serious
    Characteristic: Nods off a lot
    Moves:
    Rock Climb
    Rock Slide
    Crunch
    Stone Edge

Incineroar
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Incinium Z
    Nature: Sassy
    Characteristic: Often lost in thought
    Moves:
    Darkest Lariat
    Overheat
    Flamethrower
    Lick

Snorlax
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Item: Snorlium Z
    Nature: Bashful
    Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
    Moves:
    Giga Impact
    High Horsepower
    Brick Break
    Lick

Greninja
    Ability: Battle Bond
    Item: Mystic Water
    Nature: Hardy
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Moves:
    Water Shuriken
    Aerial Ace
    Grass Knot
    Night Slash

Alolan Muk
    Ability: Gluttony
    Item: Poison Barb
    Nature: Rash
    Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
    Moves:
    Gunk Shot
    Infestation
    Brick Break
    Dark Pulse

Any thoughts?

2. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

I question the quality of your competition, because your natures, hold items and movesets are all bad. Sticking random moves of different types on a Pokemon =/= good moveset, and Incineroar and Lycanroc both stand out as being especially bad.

My first advice would be to read the sticky topics at the top of the Doctor's Clinic board (all of them have "Competitive Battling Guide" on them, you can't miss them.) While they haven't been updated to Sun/Moon as of yet, the general principles are 95% the same, and any Gen VII-specific details I can elaborate on further after.

Once you've read those and understood where these sets are going wrong, then I'll be in a better position to deal with specifics.

3. Shocari

Friend Code:
    3840-6487-5515
    Just as a note: You can only use one Z-move per battle. Not a Z-move per Pokemon per battle, but just one Z-move, one time at all, during battle. So you probably don't really need to be running that many Z-crystals. So basically Z-moves are the new Mega Evolution and just one is fine.

(inb4'd by KoL!)
    And to just kind of go along with KoL here: your build seems like it came just straight out of ingame, which is fine ingame - but actual competitive is a whole different beast and pretty much everything you've got there will just kind of go poof. Also, 4/6 of your team are weak to Fighting with no way to actually defend against that, which is a very scary prospect.