• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Team Phantom Rises RP Thread

The Story:
Trainers have long since been divided into groups over three main traits-Instinct, Intellect, and Strength. Under the name Team Phantom, an evil, unknown man has begun recruiting trainers. The three groups must band together to defeat the Boss-but even then, their efforts might not be enough.

Setting:

A set of islands connected by man-made aquatic tunnels with no known native pokemon. (There are no wild encounters in this rp in the beginning) This island is used for training when people have already established a team. There are myths of a pokemon being sighted, but only fleetingly.

https://pokecharms.com/threads/team-phantom-rises.20085/#post-676142 Visit that thread before posting here! It has the rules and characters!

Emma hopped off the boat onto one of the islands of Thaczil, ready and eager to start her training. She walked towards the group of trainers waiting for the famous Professor of the islands.
"Hello, I am Professor Malus. These islands are set up just like a battle league, there are Ace Trainers throughout the routes. Knowing why you are here, I would not suggest straying from the path too much. There are no native wild pokemon on any of these islands, so no need to worry about Pokeballs. Also, I would like to remind everyone, even if you manage to evade all trainers, there is a 'Gym' of sorts waiting inside every aquatunnel. And I'm sure you all are capable of understanding that you will also have to wait until you pass the tunnel to visit a pokecenter. Now, you all should get some rest and eat before you begin this rigorous training tomorrow." Emma looked around, not seeing any recognizable faces. She took the opportunity to count the people she would eventually have to battle. There were ten people, including her. "What are you waiting for? Do you guys have any questions?"
"What about the rumors of people stealing pokemon! Or the mythical beast!"
"I will debunk both those rumors right here and now. We have elite officers patrolling to make sure no pokemon are stolen. As for a mythical 'beast' as you called it, the islands really aren't even sustainable for life at all. That's why we use it to battle. No tall grass, no berry plants, the only thing that lives hear live underwater. Anymore questions?" There was none, and Emma decided to look for the person who said something about a beast, and there was already a crowd gathered around him.

He is an NPC that does not have a reoccurring role at this point. You may choose to ignore his statements, or you can do the same as Emma and question him. The choice is yours guys!

Tyler emitted a slight when he heard someone shouting at the Professor like a defendant had on a rookie attorney’s case. He took out his clipboard and pen from the pockets of his small lab coat. He carefully unfolded the clipboard and managed to grip the thick, nightly black pen. He allowed his body to adjust to the modest grip his trainer’s arms had on him.

“Stealing Pokémon? Sheesh, as if I had enough to even worry about that already!” Tyler thought while hastily writing on the first, blank page on the clipboard.

Once the baby Pokémon was finished, the page read:

I really gotta hope that those trainers are not like Team Regressive, because they were really... really aggressive. I mean, I’m talking like you’re being up against several Pokémon that can wipe you out with a single cross move!

Either way, I should probably try to work on that little power of mine... it’s been getting a little worse from last month. I think I might be able to put it to other uses instead of just plain old surgery. I know that I’ll probably get really tired like I did last time, but at least it’s just training for now... at least from what I think.

Hopefully I can breeze through without too many injuries. Wish me luck girl.

-Tyler

“Wow, that guy is sure one heck of a mean one,” Mindy whispered to Serah, as she noted Serah’s quick nod.

Iago gave a few squirms in Mindy’s arms, as the Reefling Pokémon attempted to take off his bonnet. Little did he know, the bonnet was tied at the back, as he emitted a lengthy groan towards his trainer.

James stood with his arms crossed, listening to the Professor's answers. He had nothing to say—although he'd done no research on Thaczil before arriving, it was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime training opportunity. He couldn't wait to try out the Gyms. The mention of a mysterious beast almost made him scoff. Theft on the islands wasn't something he'd considered before, though, but if they had security guards it shouldn't be a problem. At his side, Wisperia hovered silently.

That mysterious beast... if the islands really couldn't support wildlife, then it was definitely just a rumor. He wished he'd looked into Thaczil a little before arriving so he would know for sure. James wasn't one to pass up a mystery, even if it was likely fake. He eyed the crowd surrounding the outspoken person in question curiously. There was time to kill. It wouldn't hurt to hear what the story was, even if Professor Malus had already taken a shot at debunking it. And he was kind of curious about the threats of stolen Pokemon—if there was worry over it, didn't that mean it had to have happened before? He walked over and tried to stand tall enough to see over the mob. Wisperia floated up and peered over with glassy eyes, plainly curious.

"It's probably nothing special," he muttered to her. "Just some guy looking for attention. I doubt he's got any proof." The Lampent flew back down to him. Briefly, James considered putting her back in the Pokeball, but dismissed the thought. The Professor was certain there was no chance of Pokemon getting stolen—and it wasn't like there was anyone suspicious in the crowd, either.

At basically the same time that the other trainers had, Lucius stepped off of the boat that had brought them to the odd set of islands. Thaczil, had the guide called it? It was a queer name for such a group of areas, and the young trainer also recalled that it was incapable of sustaining on land groups of Pokemon for a long amount of time - not enough food sources, or something like that. Either way, that would just make it easier to train with Dante without any potential interruptions, so it didn’t make too much of a difference to the boy despite what he had been told.

He approached the group, his Aerodactyl waddling observantly behind him, which gained several surprised glances from other nearby attendees of the islands, likely startled to see the pre - historic beast in person. Lucius had gotten used to this kind of treatment from strangers, however usually failed to explain himself or assign any kind of worry to the external appearance of him and his partner.

A man in an official looking coat began talking to the crowd of young trainers, who addressed himself as Professor Malus. Once getting to a reasonable distance with the man to pay enough attention to whatever he had to say, Lucius stopped pacing, averting his gaze towards the man. He doubted that any of the myths or worries about Pokemon theft actually held any substance to them, and so once this began to be discussed by some wayward kid in the crowd, the Hagenthrian boy began to scan around the rest of the congregation.

Finally, Lucius deduced that it wouldn’t hurt to get introductions down with some of the other people who had sailed out to the island. He knew nobody there, and some good friends or even Acquaintances to battle with or just talk to was always nice. And so, fancying some social interaction, the duo of Dante and boy began walking through the crowd. Eventually spotting somebody with a Lampent, who looked friendly enough, he spontaneously decided to introduce himself.

Lucius tapped the shoulder of James, Dante tilting his head slightly in curiosity. The boy spoke.

“Hey, uh, how are you doin’? I’m Lucius - figured it would pay to make some introductions, yeah?” Lucius said, smiling in a reserved sort of friendly manner towards the other young trainer.

Tyler took a mental note of the girl looking for the person that screamed earlier. The baby Pokémon wrote down on the middle, blank part of the clipboard within a swift minute. When the little Pokémon finished, the page read:

There's quite a lot of people here, and I already have a feeling that it'll be easy to get lost. I probably might need to ask for my watch, since I don't want this to be like last time in that mall.

I suppose I can still talk, but not like how everyone can. Hopefully I don't have to talk to anyone, since I'm pretty sure even the Pokémon can't even understand me.

-Tyler

"Hmm, we should get to know the other people before we go train. It's going to be quite a bit from what I heard, so I packed more than usual in case you get tired out," Serah explained to the baby Pokémon, before she took swift notice of his lengthy groan.

"Come on Tyler, I wanted to take you here since I want you to spend some more time other than being in your crib or on the desk. Let's do some icebreakers with that girl over there," Serah quietly said to the infant, before he turned away from the girl.

"I'll let you first, and don't worry... I'll help you out with this," Serah added before she approached the girl.

"Go on Tyler, wave to the girl," Serah calmly said to the baby Pokémon, before he folded his clipboard. He placed the clipboard and pen back in their respectable pockets of the lab coat. He continued to look away from the girl while curling up in his trainer's arms.

"Okay, I guess I'll have to find another way then," Serah thought, while Tyler covered his watery eyes.

"Well hello there, how's it going? I'm Serah, and the little one here is Tyler. Please don't mind him, he's just a bit shy. He might not look like it, but he's usually the one that helps out if someone's hurt," Serah stated to the girl, while Tyler quietly mewled in his trainer's arms.

Emma sat quietly as the all were asking about the mythical beast that really just sounded like a rare pokemon. She had never encountered one herself, but was told stories about Arceus and other pokemon that there were very few of, able to control weather, time, even reality itself, so it barely interested her. What she did worry about was an evil team like the infamous Team Rocket or Galactic or any of the other teams that tended to 'liberate' Pokemon.
"Yeah, they say it only comes out at night and is just whisps of glowing swirls!"
"But what about the stolen pokemon?" Emma said quietly.
"Just don't lose and you'll be fine. Anyways, they say the islands are uninhabited, but I know-"
"Proof?"
"What?"
"D-do... Do you have proof of this?" It wasn't just her main pokemon that was timid, she was too, but it was a small burst of confidence that was very short lived.
"Do they have proof of Arceus?" She turned and a girl was standing tbere.
Well hello there, how's it going? I'm Serah, and the little one here is Tyler. Please don't mind him, he's just a bit shy. He might not look like it, but he's usually the one that helps out if someone's hurt,"
"Oh, uh hi. I'm Emma. Mimiknior, Emperor, Tatetops, and Bird are my pokemon. They're all kind of shy too. Except, well, Emperor. He'd want to fight you." She laughed nervously, pulling the Love Ball off her belt. "This is Mimiknior, they're very timid." She released the strange pokemon who sort of resembled a Mimikyu, but with a weird costume.
"N-nior...!" It floated behind their owner.

James nearly jumped at the tap on his shoulder, spinning around to look at the person behind him. Wisperia bobbed in the air behind him, perhaps as startled as he was but not obviously showing it. His first impression? A powerful trainer. James had never seen a resurrected fossil before, only read about them, and the Aerodactyl drew his attention more than Lucius did at first. To have a Pokemon like that meant that this person had to be quite capable. Of course, this was Thaczil. He supposed he should have expected it.

There was an odd undercurrent of suspicion in his gut, though. Maybe it just came with being on an island surrounded by strangers. There was no real reason to worry about anything, right? The sun shone overhead, and James tightened his scarf before deigning to answer.

"I guess so," James replied. If his tone was a little cold, whatever. He stiffly offered a hand to shake. "James. James Coffey." There was an undercurrent of annoyance at being interrupted—though, he hadn't actually heard the man at the center of the crowd give any answers yet, about the beasts or (more interestingly) the thefts.

Abruptly, there was noise and murmuring in the crowd, and he glanced back. A girl with mint-green hair was asking questions. James blinked at the stranger's answers—don't lose? What sort of vague advice was that? He watched in surprise as the girl released a Pokemon that he wasn't sure he'd ever seen before.

"Huh," he mumbled, hand still held out awkwardly.

“F- fight? I guess even the emperor’s wanting to play rough... I better hope that he never gets sent out,” Tyler thought while watching his trainer’s sister attempting to keep a grip on Iago.

Tyler jotted some notes down after wiping his teary eyes and managing to somewhat regain his composure. The baby Pokémon noted the strange costume the Mimiknior had on. He gave a slight sigh of relief after noticing that he was not the only timid Pokémon in the area.

“So Tyler, I think you should try to introduce yourself to Emma,” Serah said to the infant before he gave a short, reluctant nod.

The baby Pokémon got out his clipboard and carefully unfolded it. He quickly lifted the clip and took out the last page; the last page was placed on top of the first. The clip was closed soon after, as he showed the clipboard to Emma with a shaky grip. Upon closer inspection from any eyes, the clipboard read:

Tyler’s FAQ:
  • What’s your name? (My name is Tyler Frost.)
  • How are you doing? (I’m doing okay I guess. I mean, it would be a lot better if I wasn’t stuck being a little baby.)
  • What Pokémon are you? (Well, the girl calls me a Signita... I think it’s a Water and Ice species.)
  • How old are you? (Honestly, I don’t remember. I think I’ve been getting a lot of people saying I’m a newborn or something like that.)
  • What’s your occupation? (It’s the same as before: doctor, medic, angel, or whatever name you go by that saves those that are hurt bad.)
  • Can you talk? (I’m not really sure if having to cry or making silly sounds, and having to write stuff down would count.)
  • What’s your favorite drink? (Milk, and it has to be warm... otherwise my stomach’s going to hurt for a couple of hours.)
  • What’s your favorite food? (I don’t really eat much because of well... yeah. I like a wafer with that peanut stuff sometimes.)
  • What’s with the lab coat? (I don’t want to be exposed, and I need something to hold my stuff in.)
  • What’s with the bandages? (I would prefer to not talk too much about this since it involves quite a bit of fights with some bad people.)
  • Do you wanna battle? (Sorry, but I don’t unless if I’m absolutely required to and if there’s no way out. I’d rather not be going to the orange building again, thank you very much.)
  • Do you wanna play? (I can’t since I have a very hard time playing with others. It’s already bad enough when I had to spend ten minutes just because the girl was playing peekaboo again.)
  • Well, what do you even wanna do anyway? (I don’t really know what to do at some point. Sometimes I practice first aid on that green doll; other times I like to look at the thing that goes round and round above my bed that has these bars so I don’t fall off.)

Lucius noticed the startle that he had given James at first, before listening to the identification that he gave himself. The other trainer held a curt tone, and was also sufficiently surprised by the presence of a resurrected fossil - the owner of the Aerodactyl, however, was not offended or taken aback by the aforementioned surprise, as he had long ago gotten used to it. As for Dante themselves, the Pokemon had also grown accustomed to this momentary shock, and so the duo brushed it off like a house fly running into a window.

Seeing the gesture of acquaintance that the other was attempting to make, Lucius shook his hand and continued the smile, motioning back towards Dante. "Yeah, sorry if he gave you a bit of a startle - his name's Dante, by the way. Nice to meet you. I get a flinch or two a lot due to the, well, pre - historic creature following me around. So, you like to battle much?" The trainer said, shivering slightly as a gust of wind rustled through his hair.

Of course he likes to battle. Why would he be on a remote group of islands solely dedicated to battling and training if he didn't? Lucius frustratedly asked himself, thinking over the coming conversation. James seemed to be somewhat agitated at his sudden presence there - something that the former admitted to himself was somewhat abrupt, and it may have warranted a better sense of warning, though in hindsight it likely didn't matter all that much. There was a plenty amount of other people there, and if one spiteful person would arise then certainly there would be plenty more to potentially replace them with. Even then, this one didn't seem too bad - and some more interaction may prove to hold some merit.

Reynn looked off of the rail of the boat deep in thought after the lady's announcement esc thing. I think that brought up more questions than it answered. Who was this person, Why was she so angry about that question, What did he see? "Uhh! This is just so confusing." said Reynn out loud (accidentally). Pence and Vi noticed and flew up in front of her. "Aww don't worry about me you two. Thanks for the thought though." Pence started to struggle to stay in the air. He then fell and Namine caught him. "Thank goodess you werent over the ocean." Irony, don't screw me over today.

"Nice to meet you, Tyler. I actually have to go get my own pokemon food, so, I hope to see you guys later."
The only pokemon that smart I know is Mimiknior, but the only reason we can speak is through our bond. Emma thought to herself. I looked at the shops and hotels and everything walking through the town.

Serah decided to walk through the town with Mindy after Emma gave her response. Tyler jotted some notes on his clipboard, as the bullet points full of organized text appeared to be related to the town. The baby Pokémon ignored the various, peculiar aromas and signs the shops and other places had. He emitted a slight yawn, as his eyes suddenly had an unusual amount of focus soon after. He took in the split second sight of a familiar, bear-like Pokémon that ran towards the hotel!

“Stop that little Pokémon! He’s highly dangerous! We can’t let that thing be around anyone, or else it’ll be like the academy all over again!” An officer cried, as she sprinted towards the dark Pokémon with her Arcanine!

Iago giggled when he noticed the seal Pokémon attempting to stay awake. The reefling Pokémon attempted to count to ten with his hands. However, it was apparent that he was already having trouble with half of his goal. He emitted a slight sigh, as he noted a lack of berry bushes within the area.

“H- hey, did you hear something over there? It kinda sounded like someone was screaming or something,” Mindy asked Serah, while attempting to keep Iago’s squirms to a minimum.

“Y- yeah, it sounded like something was running... come to think of it, that purple Pokémon looks quite familiar. I think we should see what’s going on,” Serah replied to her sister. Tyler nodded and took a mental note of the golden bracelet the dark Pokémon had on before it went inside the hotel.

“Agreed, let’s go,” Mindy firmly said before she followed along with Serah to the hotel.

James nodded as Lucius explained about the Aerodactyl. He was a little embarrassed at having been taken by surprise, but the other trainer seemed very used to it—even the Pokemon in question remained completely calm. Questions rattled through his mind about how one even got such a rare Pokemon, much less took care of it, but he held quiet. It would be rude to ask when they'd just met.

"I do enjoy battling," he replied. "I left most of my team behind, of course—all I have with me are Wisperia and Acanthos." At her name, the Lampent bobbed. "Ah—Acanthos is a Gourgeist." James took the Pokeball out and held it for a moment, hesitating, before pressing the button. Acanthos emerged in a flash of light, glancing around curiously. "He's a bit of a troublemaker. If he takes something of yours, just let me know."

Hopefully, that wouldn't happen. James had put a great deal of effort into training the Gourgeist to stop pickpocketing, but it had been mostly unsuccessful. If he left Acanthos out of his sight for a minute, he frequently showed up with random items, ranging greatly in value. He hadn't come to this island with the sole intention of making friends, but he didn't want to get on anyone's bad side. Lucius seemed nice enough, after all.

The crowd was dispersing. Wisperia hovered as calm as ever, but Acanthos peered at their surroundings curiously. James took note of the shops with interest, "Hey, uh, maybe we could look around."

Lucius listened with more than a little amusement to what James was addressing him with, already attempting to decode the somewhat cold outward nature that was displayed by the other. He wasn't meaning to be nosy or encroach on anything, it was simply the result of an involuntary fascination with the psychology of others, and the way that humans and Pokemon thought - almost like an Instinct, the Hagenthria hailing trainer deduced.

Irony, oh how I love you. He thought, holding back a snicker. Lucius never failed to regale himself in the most insignificant, even childish ways, did he? Oh well, personality wasn't something that a person could artificially alter, no matter how much one tries to mask it with a facade of some other desired demeanor. This served as a comforting and sober thought, even if the boy had never even felt like an outcast in his social endeavors.

When James proposed that they would go into the town area and inspect some of the shops or buildings there, Lucius heaved a content sigh, before a bright smile spread across his face cherubically.

"I thought you'd never ask. Yeah, I'd be up for that. So, what would you wanna do? I'm starving, personally, but really anything sounds good here. Plenty to explore around these islands." Lucius said, as Aerodactyl waited obediently behind him, occasionally shifting or examining the other attendees on the new archipelago of intrigue.

Crap, I didn't even noticed the boat docking. Thought Reynn as she looked to her side. Wow, I was lost in thought. Wait a minute, am a slowly becoming lost in thought complaining about being lost in thought? Oh irony, you never come out the same way from the bush. She grabbed Pence, returned Vivi to her pokeball and sprinted off of the boat. The dock led to a small town. To the right and to the left were the tunnels that the lady mentioned. Not even a full half hour went by and she heard a scream and the bark of an arcanine. "Oh no!" Said Reynn. "Someone could be in trouble" said Reynn as she ran towards the direction of the scream. Please don't be too late.

Emma was knocked over by a strange pokemon running past, that Mimiknior got scared from. The pokemon looked strange to her, but she shook it off, as well as the officer following it.
"Come on, Mimiknior. What should we get to eat?" She got an image of riceballs and laughed at the ghost. "We shouldn't bring out Emperor in a crowded shop though, let's first get to one of those hotels. I'll fire up the rice cooker and cook us a meal then." She smiled at her small pokemon and headed off to find a hotel, quickly bumping into someone. "Oops, sorry." The person was wearing some weird get up and had an angry look on his face.
He had a bunch of blue swirls on his shirt, with some yellow, and it seemed kind of airbrushed.
"Watch where you're going."
"Rude." She muttered.
"What?" He spat.
"I-I didn't say anything." She avoided his eyes.

671263_sketch1539999618871.png

So sorry about the first person part, accidents happen, but its fixed now! Really have to learn to make sure I use the same point of view the entire part!

Last edited:
"Woah, looks like little teddy really got into some heat didn't he?" Tyler thought after the two trainers entered the hotel in unison.

"Alright... for the Teddiursa that looks a bit weird, we can do this the easy way or the Jenny way," The officer calmly asserted, as the dark Pokémon paid no heed to her or the Arcanine wildly barking at him.

"Ya better stand the hell down and shut your damn mouth... OR ELSE I'LL DO THAT CRAP FOR YOU!" The Arcanine bayed at the Teddiursa, as the huge dog gave off a terrifying, ear-piercing roar!

"Eek! It's so loud!" Mindy cried, as Iago and Tyler immediately covered their heads as quickly as they could!

"Y- yeah... he's probably... ahh!" Serah replied with a high tone, as the twins headed outside. They returned once the noise came down to relatively moderate levels.

"T- talk about one angry dog, he's sure worst than me with anger issues!" Tyler thought while jotting some notes related to the Arcanine once he managed to get a grip on his clipboard and pen.

"Owie! My head hurts a lot now!" Iago thought, as he curled up in his trainer's arms. The ursine Pokémon appeared to also be covering their ears once him recoiled from the dog's extreme howl.

"That's right little teddy, you just sit right there! You don't wanna be stuck in that rolling chair now do ya... DO YA LITTLE PUNK?!" The Arcanine vociferated, as it pounded the ground with its paws!

"Y- yeah... you might want to do what he says, even I don't like it when he gets angry!" The officer quickly stated to the Teddiursa. She attempted to appear as calm as she could in front of the little Pokémon.

"Is it just me, or is the loudspeaker broken again or something?" The dark Pokémon thought, as he took a lengthy breath.

"S- something's not right... do you feel that Arcanine?" The officer inquired, as she took a couple steps away from the little bear Pokémon.

"Arc... Arcan." The Arcanine affirmed, as it followed the officer. The dog watched the Teddiursa that stood as still as a frozen statue.

"U- uhh... I think we might have taken that a bit too far didn't we?" The officer asked herself, as the dark Pokémon held in his breath and attempted to maintain his standing, motionless stance.

"Yeah, I think you might have scared that poor thing to the point where it can't even move!" Mindy blurted, as Iago turned away from the officer.

"I'll just go check on it- Wahhh!" Serah quietly said, before she suddenly gave out a loud shriek!

A pair of violet blades filled with dark energy appeared on the Teddiursa's paws a split second later. The dark Pokémon immediately charged at the Arcanine, as he quickly slashed the dog in an inverted, cross-shaped pattern! The Arcanine was sent flying out of the hotel, as the officer cried, "Ahh! Get up Arcanine! We aren't gonna let a little guy beat us up now are we... come on!"

The dog moaned in pain, as it barely managed to stand on all fours. It limped back into the hotel, as the energy blades disappeared from the Teddiursa's paws soon after.

"Y- you... w- we're n- n- not... d- done... y- y- ye..." The Arcanine faintly moaned, before a loud thud followed soon after.

"Oh my gosh, noooooo! T- this c- can't be h- h- ha- hap- happening!" The officer wailed before a large tear fell from her eye.

"A- arc... arc arc, anine," The Arcanine responded with a subdued tone, as it was quickly recalled back in its ball before the Teddiursa could do more harm.

"Drat! The radio's not working! Guess I'll have to leg it!" The officer muttered, as she sprinted out of the hotel. There was no sign of her or the Arcanine within the area a brief moment later.

"Ted, teddi teddi ted... Teddiursa, ted ted," The Teddiursa said in a dull monotone. The dark Pokémon slowly approached Serah once the invisible, shadowy aura quickly reverted back to stable levels.

"Yep, that's definitely him alright... that voice is not easy to forget, I'll admit that at least," Tyler thought, as he noted the Teddiursa sniffing Serah for a brief moment.

"He's smelling you way longer than I think he normally should, did you get sprayed by a Stunky or something?" Mindy asked Serah, as Tyler gave a light sigh at the girl.

"No, I don't recall being sprayed by a Pokémon, but I usually spray a little perfume before I go out," Serah replied, as Mindy's right eyebrow rose for a brief moment.

"Oh, what about this perfume? I didn't know you were like my mom all of a sudden!" Mindy responded with a cheeky tone, as Iago placed his left hand in his mouth for a brief moment.

"H- hey! I gotta be on my best when we're in a fancy, once in a lifetime place like this!" Serah retorted, as Tyler giggled for a brief moment.

"Anyway, it's got the scent of rich vanilla and honey put together- Oof, okay there... easy, easy there," Serah added, before noticing the Teddiursa gently poking her legs for a brief moment.

"Well, that certainly does explain a lot. I think now's a great time to explore around before it gets late," Mindy stated, as the Teddiursa decided to fidget with his paws several seconds later.

"Okay, let's roll. It's good to have the little bear back," Serah replied, as the two promptly exited the hotel with the dark Pokémon following closely on Serah's right side.

The bustle of trainers grew louder as everyone investigated the shops. It really was crowded. He had sort of thought it would be-- popular training ground, everyone off the boats and immediately heading to the attractions, but seeing how packed the stores were was something else. Wisperia, sensing his discomfort, made an eerie hum. James adjusted his scarf and tried to ignore the sinking feeling in his stomach.

"... Yeah," he said, looking around. "Something to eat sounds fine." Maybe the restaurants wouldn't be quite so bad. James wasn't especially hungry himself, but Acanthos probably was. He looked around for someplace that sold Pokemon treats as well, and noticed a small Sinjoh-style fusion restaurant advertising poffins. That looked fine. He pointed wordlessly to it, a questioning gaze turned to Lucius.

A commotion in the distant crowd made him jump for a second, but Wisperia nudged his shoulder; James sighed, patting her. "Alright," he muttered, reaching down to pat Acanthos as well. Have to stay focused, he thought to himself. It wouldn't be good to let Lucius notice anything was amiss.

"Sorry lady, but you were too rough with me yesterday," Tommy declared at the fleeing officer in a lifeless, unchanged tone.

"A- ahh! Y- you... g- get away from me! S- someone help me out! T- th- there's a little bear chasing me around!" The officer cried, as Tommy's left paw radiated a bright, purplish-black light.

"You do something about it, you're the officer!" A passing boy retorted.

"D- dammit! Arcanine can't battle, and even if I send him out... the most he'll probably do is just get a mere second apart!" The officer thought while a stream of sweat fell from her face.

"You try to hit me, now I do it too," Tommy said in a monotone, as the dark Pokémon struck the ground with his left paw! A brief, violent quaked followed, as a barrage of spikes were sent rushing at the officer in a plus-shaped pattern!

"Eek! Okay okay, just stop little bear! I really mean it now! Just stop it, stop it already!" The officer squealed, as she was hit by the edge of a pointed piece of shadowy matter! She fell onto the ground and clutched onto her legs as hard as she could.

Before the Teddiursa could get any closer to the officer, a light sigh came from the little bear. He placed his left paw near his mouth for a brief moment, as he took several loud, lengthy breaths to regain some lost energy.

"Oh look, guess your seal's one heck of a sleepy head ain't he?" Mindy remarked, as Serah noted the baby Pokémon having his clipboard and pen already placed in his pockets earlier.

"Yep, he usually sleeps a lot since he kinda needs it. He usually gets very cranky if he doesn't sleep a lot, and let me just say that it ain't fun when you gotta treat someone," Serah replied, as she gently patted Tyler's head.

"Ahhhhh! I'm seriously outta here! Officer retreating this bloody instant!" The officer shrieked, as she barely managed to get on her feet. She soon limped away as quickly as she could in the opposite direction of the dark Pokémon.

"Okay, guess I know another Pokémon that could use a bit of lecturing," Serah thought, as she picked up on Tommy's lackluster giggles. The Teddiursa slowly walked back to Serah, as the invisible aura somewhat weakened to conserve energy.

"Let me guess, you don't like the officer don't you little one?" Serah asked Tommy, as he took a light sniff at her. The dark Pokémon gave a slow nod at her, as he licked his paw when he thought no one was looking.

"Okay, and why do you hate her? Is there something going on between you two?" Serah added, as she released a quiet giggle. The Teddiursa raised his paws for a split second.

"Alright, guess I'll have to let Tyler speak to him when he's ready," Serah thought, as she noticed another girl that likely appeared to be looking for a place to stay for the night.

"Wait, isn't that the girl that talked to you earlier?" Mindy asked, while Iago watched the dozing seal.

"I think so, if you're talking about the one with the gray shirt. I think she's Emma if I'm correct. Hopefully the little one doesn't go well, you know on the others... aside from the officer," Serah responded with a slightly hesitant tone towards the end. She attempted to come up with a thought for the girl, but it was broken the moment Tommy decided to quickly approach the girl.

"Uhh... hey! Kinda want to wait first before just jumping to that!" Serah cried, as she felt the strange, invisible aura becoming slightly stronger for a short amount of time. Tommy fiddled with his bracelet for a brief moment, as he eyed over the glints the jewelry flashed.

"S- sorry about that Emma, I guess he gets a bit excited around new people," Serah stated to the girl with a somewhat quieter voice.

"Teddi, ted ted," The dark Pokémon replied in a low, spiritless voice that appeared to lack any sort of expression. The little bear decided to sniff the girl in a silent, discreet manner.

Reynn sprinted in the direction of the hotel where she saw a police officer screaming for her life. Boy, do I feel safe on this island. Reynn ran into the hotel, but didn't take into account the fact that there would be another person. She proceded to trip (with pence still in her hands) on top of Emma. "Oww. Oh my god! Sorry!" Said Reynn as she scampered up while she tried to help her up at the same time. She looked to her left and saw the dark teddiursa. "Was that the teddiursa that I heard someone just scream about?"

Tommy’s tail perked up the moment he picked up the voice of an unfamiliar girl within the vicinity. The dark Pokémon took a brief, mental note of the Dunsparce with the stranger, as the bear took a deep breath.

He tapped his paws together and closed his eyes for a brief moment. A purplish-black light radiated from his paws, as multiple violet swords appeared around the Teddiursa! The swords crackled and sparked about, as they began to quake soon after! The blades pointed at the ground, as they disappeared a split second later! A purple-black aura violently erupted from the earth! The bear’s body became surrounded with the dark, malevolent aura that would sharply increase his power!

“U- uhh... is he alright?” Mindy asked, as Serah noted the dark aura becoming visible the moment Tommy’s body began to surge with incredible power.

“I- I hope so, m- maybe he’s just trying to find another way t- to say hi,” Serah quietly replied, as Tommy emitted an apathetic, infantile chortle.

“Come play with Tommy right now! Tommy promises that he won’t tear you up like on that poor, poor officer girl!” The dark Pokémon shouted at the Dunsparce in Pokémon speech! The Teddiursa’s voice had the same, departed, dreary tone in spite of being noticeably louder. The little bear softly pounded his paws for a brief moment, as he impatiently waited for the Dunsparce’s response.

"Hope I don't see you and that little fairy tomorrow, short stack. I won't hold back." She walked past and went to the hotel that seemed the quietest. There was a girl with the same dress as the shirt the boy that had passed her behind the counter.
"Hey sweetie, what type of a room?"
"Something quiet, and big." Emma paid for her room and heard a foghorn of a late boat as she released her pokemon and ate with them.