• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Team Help

Yeah, Hi, new here, anyways, i was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some ideas for my team in Fire red? so far, all I have Is

Charizard: 74
Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Wing attack (Gonna replace w/dragon pulse when D/P comes out)
Dragon rage (Gonna replace w/solar Beam when D/P Comes out)

Blastoise: 74
Surf/rest
Ice beam/Rest (Need to find a new way to get rest, as i missed it on the S.S. Ann) :-[ ::)
Counter
Protect

Venusaur: 72
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Protect
Toxic

Dusklops(Noir when available): 57 (training)
Shadow Punch
Mean Look
Rest (Another reason to go through Sapphire again)
W-o-W (And if you say "world of warcraft", I will send the Chimp Mafia...somewhere...)

Dragonite: 71
Aerial Ace
Agillity
Earthquake
Outrage

Kirlia: 20 (need to trade to my FR)
Psychic
Thunderbolt(will teach when i can)
Calm Mind (Ditto)
Magical Leaf (Ditto...again)

Never mind

You need a good Psychic type so I recommend:

Gardevoir
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Safeguard
Light Screen or Reflect
This is one of the movesets on one of my four Gardevoir and it was well received.

Metagross would also be a good choice. I really like Dusclops and its evo Dusknoir will probably be even better on your team.

Umbreon is my favorite tank/annoyer with this moveset: Toxic, Faint Attack(or bite), Confuse Ray, Mean Look. With its awsome defenses, it can take a lot of hits and get in a hit or two.

With Blastiose I suggest having both Ice Beam and Surf on it. There will be plenty of grass types trying to take it out. Unfortunately you may be out of luck with Rest. :-\ I think the only way is to have two Game Boys or DS's and transfer Rest from another game to FireRed. I think you're trying to use Venasaur as an annoyer so I won't mess with that moveset. But an alternative could be replacing Protect with Petal Dance via breeding.

Well, i could easilly get Rest Via Saphire (Kinda forgot that option at the time :p ) And I had been training a Dusklops awhile back (took it out for some reason, cant remember why, has a good nature and everything), so thats one, I dont know if i wanna use both Garde and Gross (Garde and Gross, Sounds like a bug spray, no?) I may use one, since i need to play through Saphire again to get rest anyways (So, i Guess Garde, since i dont wanna spend to much time playing to get metagross, and sit there realoading it till i get one with the right nature) Also, Yes, venusaur is an annoyer :p I had considered Replaceing Giga drain, but with energy ball (When available) (Also, Giga Drain has full pp (8) Also, Im not good with Evee/evo's, they take Sooooo long to hatch, and when one does? it the exact opposite of what i need..) anyways, thanks for the help :)

EDIT: alright, after much thought(or some thought, while coming home on the bus) I have planned out my team, and no longer need suggestions.