• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
I'm trying to develop Razzy's team, since she never actually had one. All I know is that her signature Pokemon is Ramses, a shiny Persian. I need some more suggestions, along with possible nicknames. I'll accept anything that isn't Fairy-Type, basically.

Uh, any information on who Razzy is? Its really hard to come up with a team for what I'm assuming is an OC without any knowledge of who they are. I mean, what region do they live in? That's going to have a pretty big impact on what Pokemon they'll likely have. Or what kind of personality do they have? How experienced are they? How long have they been a trainer for? Are they even a trainer, or do they have another job? How old are they? Do they have a favourite type? I'm guessing they hate fairy types, which helps a little, but still. Basically what I'm saying is maybe tell people who they're choosing Pokemon for first, otherwise its just throwing out suggestions at random.

Uh, any information on who Razzy is? Its really hard to come up with a team for what I'm assuming is an OC without any knowledge of who they are. I mean, what region do they live in? That's going to have a pretty big impact on what Pokemon they'll likely have. Or what kind of personality do they have? How experienced are they? How long have they been a trainer for? Are they even a trainer, or do they have another job? How old are they? Do they have a favourite type? I'm guessing they hate fairy types, which helps a little, but still. Basically what I'm saying is maybe tell people who they're choosing Pokemon for first, otherwise its just throwing out suggestions at random.

My mistake, sorry. Razzy is a traveling trainer who was born in Unova, and is 14 years old. She wants to be the champion- or at least an ace trainer- and has a very competitive but kind personality. She doesn't have any other type of job, just Pokemon training. I'm looking for fully evolved Pokemon, since this would be her final team. I'd accept Pokemon from gen 1-6, since she's been practically everywhere. She doesn't have a favorite type, and yeah, she hates fairy types.

All good. Okay so perhaps consider something like Scolipede? Given that Razzy's aiming for the championship she'd probably want something that has a little bit of strategy behind it, and Scolipede can be useful offensively and also for support (kinda), especially with speed boost. Plus I'd imagine if she hates fairy types that much she'd probably want something on her team to wreck them whenever she came across them, and a poison type could certainly help with that.

Another idea would be Altaria. Its a pretty decent Pokemon and would help cover Ramses's fighting type weakness, plus as Razzy is travelling pretty often having something to fly on would be useful for covering ground quickly. You'd have part of its weakness covered by Plus I mean, Altaria doesn't look very threatening and might appeal to a rather kind hearted person.

Fighting types have always struck me as being rather competitive Pokemon, as do fire types, and fighting will help cover some of the previously mentioned Pokemon's weaknesses, so why not something like Blaziken or Emboar? They're both pretty cool, and fairly useful, and you could choose which one you wanted depending on whether you were after things that were fast, or more tanky. They also both get access to some of the elemental punches, which would be good for coverage.

Given that there's a bit of a psychic type weakness in the above, perhaps a Dark type would be useful. You said you were thinking about Umbreon, and while that's less offensively orientated it could make a good attention regardless. Plus its freaking Umbreon its adorable. Anyways maybe some of those, or Pokemon that play similar roles would be useful to you.

All good. Okay so perhaps consider something like Scolipede? Given that Razzy's aiming for the championship she'd probably want something that has a little bit of strategy behind it, and Scolipede can be useful offensively and also for support (kinda), especially with speed boost. Plus I'd imagine if she hates fairy types that much she'd probably want something on her team to wreck them whenever she came across them, and a poison type could certainly help with that.

Another idea would be Altaria. Its a pretty decent Pokemon and would help cover Ramses's fighting type weakness, plus as Razzy is travelling pretty often having something to fly on would be useful for covering ground quickly. You'd have part of its weakness covered by Plus I mean, Altaria doesn't look very threatening and might appeal to a rather kind hearted person.

Fighting types have always struck me as being rather competitive Pokemon, as do fire types, and fighting will help cover some of the previously mentioned Pokemon's weaknesses, so why not something like Blaziken or Emboar? They're both pretty cool, and fairly useful, and you could choose which one you wanted depending on whether you were after things that were fast, or more tanky. They also both get access to some of the elemental punches, which would be good for coverage.

Given that there's a bit of a psychic type weakness in the above, perhaps a Dark type would be useful. You said you were thinking about Umbreon, and while that's less offensively orientated it could make a good attention regardless. Plus its freaking Umbreon its adorable. Anyways maybe some of those, or Pokemon that play similar roles would be useful to you.

I actually like all of these suggestions. I'd most likely go with Emboar due to Razzy being born in Unova, and she probably didn't leave said region with just a Meowth that could easily get destroyed. Plus, I love tanky Pokemon. Thanks for the help!