• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Team Construction

[size=8pt]EDIT: Blahblahblah yup, Plapti Mudskipper and Snapdragon and everyone helped make my team awesome. Thanks guys -thumbsuplolol-
Anyway.
I didn't want to make a new thread, and decided I wanted to make another team, to incorporate all of the pokes I'd preveiously neglected.
So this is going to be competetive again, but must be made up of six of the following pokes:

Jolteon, Lopunny, Ursaring, Typhlosion, Infernape, Persian, Arcanine, Dewgong, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Scyther/Scizor, Togekiss, Ampharos, Weavile, Houndoom, Mightyena, Skarmony, Gardevoir, Gallade, Roserade, Flygon, Milotic, Metagross (Is this thing uber? Gawd. Sweeeeeeeeet.), Mismagius.
THERE.
Okay. It's your job (optionhurrhurr) to make a booty-rocking team from this slop.

Have fun :3[/size]

I can help a bit--

Pikachu doesn't need Thunder AND Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is better, unless you're setting up Rain Dance, in which case go for Thunder.

Gallade doesn't need Teleport.

Lucario should have Aura Sphere.

That's all I can say, sorry.

[size=8pt]Any help is appreciated, thanks :3
I'll look around for something to replace Thunder with- I really have no intention of having a Rain Dance setup, so yeah.
And I'll wait to see what moves Gallade comes up with upon further training, Teleport won't stay in his moveset for very long c:[/size]

For Charizard, if it's physical attack is hight, get ride of Blast Burn, and if its SP.attack is higher, get ride of Flare Blits, and if it's Attack is high, teach it Fly for the Flying STAB, exspecially if it's attack is high.

Absol, you should get rid for Me First, as Absols speed is pretty high, and replace it with Arial Ace to help with the fighting type weakness.

Outrage is just as good as Hyper Beam with the STAB and Dragonites stupid high attack, so replace Hyper Beam with earthquake to give it a upper hand on those Rock Types, and replace Twister with Flamethrow, you know, for Ice Types. Thats about all I can give you, hope your team works out well!

[size=8pt]Thanks for the advice, I'll start looking at getting those TMs c:

I feel like I should be doing something for my Lucario, or are it's weaknesses already well-covered?[/size]

If we want to go competitive, we've got lots of steps to go through. I'd advise you to read this:[ftp=ftp://http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=3017.0]http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=3017.0[/ftp]

First, were going nature hunting:

Absol: Jolly/Adamant
Physical Charzard: Jolly/Adamant/Any nature that doesn't lower Atk, S.Att, Spd
Special Charzard: Timid/Modest/Any nature that doesn't lower Atk, S.Att, Spd
Physical Dragonite: Adamant/Jolly/Any nature that doesn't lower Atk, S.Att, Spd
Special Dragonite: Timid/Modest/Any nature that doesn't lower Atk, S.Att, Spd
Physical Pikachu: Jolly
Special Pickachu: Timid/Modest
Gallade: Adamant
Physical Lucario: Jolly/Adamant/Any nature that doesn't lower Atk, S.Att, Spd
Special Lucario: Timid/Modest/Any nature that doesn't lower Atk, S.Att, Spd

Once you make those changes, post again and I'll whip up some movesets and hold items.

If you want in-game, listen to what everyone ls is saying, I'll post some ideas later.

[size=8pt]Reviving this because I need it.

Alright. I have everything except for the Gallade, but for the sake of moving on I'm just going to pretend I do. There's only one nature I need to worry about getting, so I don't think I need to have the pokemon itself to get the moveset/hold item/etc.
Blah.

None of them are above level ten, and the evolutions based on happiness are ready/completed.
Anyway, I've got these so far- And the natures are based pretty much on whatever I could get a hold of first.
Breeding is tedious x:

Pokes:
Jolly Absol
Timid Pikachu
Modest Charmander
Adamant Dratini
Modest Riolu

So I've got all the natures I need.
Now what? Dx[/size]

Absol: Give it either the Razor Claw or Scop Lens as the hold item. 252 EV's into Attack and Speed and 6 into HP

-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Stone Edge
-Aerial Ace

I hope you got Super Luck as your abilty, because you'll be critihaxing the opponent to death.

Night Slash for STAB, Psycho Cut for Fighting-Type weakness, Aerial Ace for Bug-types and Stone Edge for coverage.

Pikachu: Have the Light Orb as its held item. 252 into S.Att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Nasty Plot/Agility/Grass Knot
-Substitue/Grass Knot

Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Ice for Ground, Nasty Plot/Agility with Sub and Grass Knot if you don't want to up your stats or create a Sub.

Charmander to Charzard: Life Orb or Expert Belt

-Flamthrower
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pluse
-Focus Blast

Flamethrower and Air Slash for STAB, Dragon Pulse for Dragons and Focus Blast for Rock-types.

Dratini to Dragonite: Focus Sash/Life Orb/Leftovers

-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch/Thunder Punch

Dragon Dance to set up a sweep. Dragon Claw/Outrage for STAB. Earthquake for coverage and Fire Punch for Skarmory and Ice-types and Thunder Punch for Water/Ice Combo-types.

Riolu to Lucario: Choice Specs/Life Orb 252 S.Att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Aura Sphere for STAB, Psychic for Coverage, Dragon Pulse against Dragons. Dark Pulse if Normal-types switch in. Shadow Ball to hit Non-Normal-types.

Gallade: Leftovers/Expert Belt 252 Att, 252 HP, 252 S. Def

-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance/Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp

CC and Psycho Cut for STAB. Night Slash to hit Ghosts. Swords Danc to up stats, T-Wave helps with Gallade's Speed and W-o-W is just great (has to be re-bred, so you might not want this as an option)

Hope that helped.

I'm a bit rusty with the moveset-making, but I hope you don't mind if I suggest an alternate moveset or two.

If your Absol has Pressure, why not make it more of an annoyer than a crit machine?
Absol @ Focus Band/Sash/Shell Bell or Leftovers or something?
-Protect (Better than Detect; more PP)
-Thunder Wave/Attract/Taunt
-Night Slash
-Substitute/Double Team/Psycho Cut/Taunt

This guy is designed to eat up the enemy's PP. Moves like Earthquake and Blizzard don't have much PP; you make the enemy waste 2 PP every other turn with Protect, and TW/Attract also increases their chances of not being able to hit. Substitute/Double Team is for an extra bit of spite. Taunt can be used in either slot; it ensures the enemy is stuck wasting precious attacks on you, instead of using Swords Dance or something on the turns you're Protecting. Night Slash (and possibly Psycho Cut) are, of course, there to actually damage the opponent. XD
It might be tricky to pull off with Absol's defenses, but it'll also be fairly surprising for anyone expecting a standard critsweeper.

As for Pika... if I were you, I'd evolve it. It's not very viable competitively otherwise.

[size=8pt]I like the idea of using the Absol like that- I think I'll use Taunt instead of Attract of Thunder Wave, mostly because like you said, the opponent will be stuck using attack moves. And because the Absol is male, and I think most battlers are also male. From what I've seen..
For that reason alone I was wondering if I should use pikachu as an annoyer :/
And I know, I know I should evolve it.
I just have a horrible, horrible attachment to her ;D;
-woe-

Ah. But, as it turns out, Absol does have Super Luck :3
His daddy had Pressure, I thought he would too.[/size]

Actually, if you attach Light Ball to Pikachu and use a STAB move, you've got a move more powerful than Raichu.

I think you should attach Leftovers to Absol, because Focus Band/Sash leaves you with only 1 HP, which really isn't much good if it's hailing or there's a sandstorm or whatever. And Shell Bell wouldn't help if you used Double Team or Protect.

Hope that helps a bit.

[size=8pt]Really? Guess it's just a matter of getting the Light Ball then.. Though I was wondering if I should breed a Timid Pichu on Emerald with Volt Tackle, and use that instead of Thunderbolt.. I'm not sure if it'll be my downfall if I do, merely because the attack inflicts recoil damage, buuuuuuttt..
The move just sounds so much more appealing :/[/size]

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. Pikachu's just too frail, especially if he's going to be used competitively. Earthquake is ridiculously common in the metagame, and even if it wasn't, Pika could probably be one-shotted by most ubers.

[size=8pt]Too true.
It just seems a shame, since the move was created specifically for the pichu line :/
Wonder what they were thinking.

And, good news! I finally got an Adamant male ralts C:
I think at this point I'm going to try and get a poke with PokeRus and infect the lot of them.
Make my life a bit easier D;[/size]

Weavile as your lead Pokemon. Infernape, Milotic, Togekiss, Gallade and Rhyperior. It carries a resistance to every type but Dragon. This covers its weakness qutie nicely. It also has some pretty good fire power.

Hope that helped.