1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taima's Pokemon sprite gallery and request shop

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by TaimaDyami, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Alright, for a while I've worked on many different sprites, from Digimon, to Zoids, and even a few pokemon, however, I've never had any requests done for the poke section of my work, so I have very few to present. I'm kind of new when it comes to the pokemon style, and at time's I'll use sprites from digimon to compensate for certain styles that I want. But enough on the rambling, I'd like to show you all the sprites that I do have.

Burstone, Bursteel, and Burstingon:
    [​IMG]

Lobright and Lumeistacian:
    [​IMG]

Nidokaiser:
    [​IMG]

Vectozaron:
    [​IMG]

Thundertoe: (yes, I know it's from a digimon sprite, but I turned it into a pokemon for a special evo-line in my fanmade pokedex)
    [​IMG]

This is really in a way all my first work, the others I've done were really bad in my opinion so I left them out, however, if you see anything that needs to be worked on in any of these, let me know and I'll attempt to work on them in my spare time.

As for requests I have very few rules:

1. My requests are for splicing and mixing of different pokemon sprites that exist. If you're looking for me to design a specific idea you have then don't be mad if it doesn't turn out right because I can only create from what I have.

2. When requesting make sure you try to choose pokemon that could actually fit together, because picking 3 or 4 different pokemon that have no parts that can fit together is quite ridiculous and may turn out as such. Example: Mixing a lower lvl/baby like togepi with a higher lvl/evolved such as charizard...sometimes it works, but most of the time it just looks too weird.

3. My usual limit is 3, but I may make exceptions for 4 or 5 if the pokemon chosen go well together, and I rarely will do 6, tried it once and it just looked all crazy. A good example of a mix of more than 3 would be the Burstone line from above: Nidoran male, Charmander, Totodile, Rhyhorn, and Gible lines were all put together in the same order and fashion.

4. Most importantly, I try to have fun with these, but I also have a busy life, so be mindful and respectful, as it may take some time for your request to get done. Requests of 2 pokemon may take less than an hour, but ones similar to Burstone may take a few days to complete.

PS: If you do make a request, and you don't specify a color you want me to use, then I will use my imagination to come up with the best color scheme I can think of for the design.

Edit: since I just made three new pokemon by splicing I thought I'd edit them into the very end of the post.

Dodi(Dodo + i - greek letter meaning one): (Pre-evo for Doduo)
    [​IMG]

Stardoll(Starfish + Dollar - as in a sand dollar): (Alt or Second evo for Staryu)
    [​IMG]
    The webbed disk-like membranes that connect between Stardoll's points were actually done from scratch, color and all, while the gem and the outer-front plating came from Dialga.

Minacalf (Minature + Calf) - Male + Female: (The male is a prevo for Tauros and the female is a prevo for Miltank)
    [​IMG]

2. Alright, so I've done a bit more work and I'd like to present my newest creations...I choose you, Hammarine & Adnocana!

[​IMG]

1st/alt Stage: Hammarine
    Type: Water/Steel
    Ability: Rough Skin/Storm Drain
    Name Meaning: Hammerhead shark + submarine
    Evolves:
    Carvanha - Level 30 while holding Metal Powder
    Sharpedo - Level up holding Metal Powder

[​IMG]

2nd Stage: Adnocana
    Type: Poison/Dragon
    Ability: Intimidate/Shed Skin
    Name Meaning: Anaconda(reversed)
    Evolves from: Arbok - lvl up holding Dragon Fang

3. Another set coming at ya! This is a new Fighting/Ghost line that I decided to design from the idea that my younger brother came up with when we were kids.

[​IMG]

Basic Stage: Hittarg
    Type: Fighting/Ghost
    Ability: Iron Fist/Filter
    Name Meaning: Hit-target
    Evolves: lvl 25, Dusk Stone(alt)

1st Stage: Hammaphist
    Ability: Iron Fist/Filter
    Name Meaning: Hammer-Fist
    Evolves: lvl 50

Final Stage: Megathron
    Ability: Iron Fist/Scrappy
    Name Meaning: Megaton-Thor

[​IMG]

1st Stage (alt): Champhan
    Type: Ghost/Fighting
    Ability: Levitate/Iron Fist
    Name Meaning: Champion-Phantom

4. Alright, coming in with two more sets, and in my opinion the fire one so far I think is my best work yet.

[​IMG]

Basic Stage: Frostatross
    Type: Ice/Flying
    Ability: Snow Cloak/Speed Boost
    Name Meaning: Frost-Albatross
    Evolves: lvl 25, Water Stone(alt)

1st Stage: Blizzgryph
    Ability: Snow Cloak/Intimidate
    Name Meaning: Blizzard-Gryphon

Final Stage: Tundryphcor
    Ability: Snow Cloak/Snow Warning
    Name Meaning: Tundra-Gryphon-Core

[​IMG]

1st Stage (alt): Gryphetrelus
    Type: Ice/Water
    Ability: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim
    Name Meaning: Gryphon-Petrel-Walrus

[​IMG]

Basic Stage: Dreagaliz
    Type: Fire/Dragon
    Ability: Flame Body/Rough Skin
    Name Meaning: Dragon-Lizard
    Evolves: lvl 25, Fire Stone(alt)

1st Stage: Soldraco
    Ability: Flame Body/Anger Point
    Name Meaning: Soldier-Dragon

Final Stage: Vuldracane
    Ability: Flame Body/Intimidate
    Name Meaning: Vulcan-Dragon-Volcano

[​IMG]

1st Stage (alt): Magmodo
    Type: Fire/Rock
    Ability: Flame Body/Rock Head
    Name Meaning: Magma-Komodo

5. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

These aren't that bad; in fact, they're not bad at all! However, some of these look like they've been a little awkwardly made/spliced, like parts don't quite match up or aren't very proportional. Not quite sure how to help there besides practice. ^^;

My favorite is Hammarine. Like, soooo much so. Not sure why, but it's pretty cool~

6. Well, yeah, that's the problem with pokemon, each only has one sprite to work with and no other poses, so it's hard to get each piece to fit exactly how it should. I try my best to re-shape areas that don't look right though. Digimon sprites are easier to work with because they have loads of poses to use, so it's not as difficult to find a piece that would fit...wish pokemon did the same.

And thanks, I liked that one alot too, I always thought there needed to be a hammerhead shark pokemon to go along with Sharpedo. When I made that I was about to upload it and then I looked and thought it might need something else, so I edited Blastoise's cannon in there and made two modes. By the way, I may not have the info up there for it, but it's tail is actually supposed to work like the propeller on a boat or submarine, it spins to move, that's why there's a little piece in there that separates the tail from the body.

7. Well, I see we have a promising splicer ahead of us :D These are looking great! Just remember, shading is your best friend. I can't exactly give you the best advice on it myself, since its a bit hard to explain, but if you kinda go with the flow and follow the example the previous sprite had when you use them, it should help, if not a tutorial from the internet.

Also, a very talented spriter once told me that sprites look a bit more professional if you can keep them in an 80x80 area. Other than that, its good! I really like the Tuaros/Miltank pre-evos. I like calfs :3

8. Well, I have been spriting for quite a long time, but mainly with ones such as digimon and zoids. The problem with pokemon is the designers of the sprites of the games don't seem to know much about shading themselves, so even if you follow the shades of the previous sprite it still ends up having horrible shading due to them not being created right in the first place. I am constantly having to replace their shading just to make colors work. Hopefully I can get a better color technique down pat so that I can actually make the shades work.

And if you've ever zoomed in on one of their official sprites you know exactly what I'm talking about, they just don't have a proper outlining, tsk tsk, some professionals those nintendo guys are.

This here is an old digimon splice I did earlier last year, I followed the shading on it, and it turned out great:
    [​IMG]

And this is a pokemon that I did around the same time:
    [​IMG]

You'll notice a difference in the shading and design techniques between the two types, simply put, the shading in digimon is just better than those of pokemon, not saying that the designs are better, because I love all the different designs that pokemon has, and from a distance it looks cool, but you get up close and then you can really see their mistakes, which is why they say to stick to that size, because anything bigger and you'll notice that the pokemon's shades are just plain screwy.

Thanks for the comments though, I like receiving all kinds of advice on how I can do better, it shows me what I need to work on.

As for the Minacalf, I felt that hey, why not, Tauros and Miltank were almost the only ones from their generations to have been a non-evolving pokemon, and then not get one when almost everyone else did, although I think Heracross and Pinsir were left out too, which I will be getting to eventually, but since they are both "beef" pokemon, and since there can only be male tauros and female miltank why not give them the same pre-evo in a similar way that many other pokemon have, kinda like the nidoran.

EDIT: Well, as promised I have my own idea for pinsir's and Heracross' evolutions:

[​IMG]

1st Stage: Clachomp
    Type: Bug/Steel
    Ability: Hyper Cutter/Mold Breaker
    Name Meaning: Clamp-Chomp
    Evolves from: Pinsir (Trade holding Metal Coat)

[​IMG]

1st Stage: Herculore
    Type: Bug/Steel
    Ability: Guts/Swarm
    Name Meaning: Hercules(beetle)-Lore(myth)
    Evolves from: Heracross (Trade holding Metal Coat)

9. Here's something new that I put together cause I thought Basculin needed a cool evolution for both of its versions.

[​IMG]

1st Stage: Gladiaphin
    Type: Water
    Ability: Adaptability/Reckless
    Name Meaning: Gladius (Latin for sword)- Fin
    Evolves from: Blue Striped Basculin - Trade holding Deep Sea Scale
    Info:

1st Stage: Sharsaw
    Ability: Adaptability/Reckless
    Name Meaning: Shark - Saw
    Evolves from: Red Striped Basculin - Trade holding Deep Sea Tooth
    Info:

10. Alright, I've got a new set for you guys...meet Sprouder and all her evolutions.

[​IMG]

Basic Stage: Sprouder
    Type: Grass/Bug
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Compoundeyes
    Name Meaning: Sprout-Spider
    Evolves: lvl 25, Leaf Stone(alt)
    Info:

1st Stage: Aracloom
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Flower Gift
    Name Meaning: Aracnid-Bloom
    Info:

Final Stage: Widoak
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Arena Trap
    Name Meaning: Widow(Spider)-Oak(Tree)
    Info:

[​IMG]

1st Stage (alt): Floraspion
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Poison Point
    Name Meaning: Flora(flower)-Scorpion
    Info:

11. Here are my newest creations, hope everyone likes them, took me alot of time to get everything to fit just right. Introducing Vambrat, Psychopire, Batracula, & Psypistrell.

[​IMG]

Basic Stage: Vambrat
    Type: Dark/Psychic
    Ability: Synchronize/Inner Focus
    Name Meaning: Vampire-Bat-Rat-Brat(as in "small")
    Evolves: lvl 25, Dawn Stone(alt)

1st Stage: Psychopire
    Ability: Insomnia/Inner Focus
    Name Meaning: Psychic-Psycho-Vampire

Final Stage: Batracula
    Ability: Shadow Tag/Inner Focus
    Name Meaning: Bat-Dracula

[​IMG]

1st Stage (alt): Psypistrell
    Type: Psychic/Dark
    Ability: Bad Dreams/Inner Focus
    Name Meaning: Psychic-Pipistrellus(Scientific name for Bat)

12. Well, lately I've been doing alot of work, and haven't posted much in a bit...so finally after about a week here are my newest creations.

[​IMG]

01. Rootree
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Name Meaning: Root-Tree
    Evolves to: Cocasprout at lvl 16
    Info:

02. Cocasprout
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power
    Name Meaning: Coconut-Sprout
    Evolves from: Rootree at lvl 16
    Evolves to: Tropius at lvl 32
    Info:

03. Tropius
    Type: Grass/Flying
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power
    Name Meaning: Tropical-Saurus
    Evolves from: Cocasprout at lvl 32
    Info: Children of the southern tropics eat as snacks the fruit that grows in bunches around the neck of TROPIUS. This POKéMON flies by flapping the leaves on its back as if they were wings.

[​IMG]

04. Torkoal
    Type: Fire
    Ability: White Smoke
    Name Meaning: Tortoise-Coal
    Evolves to: ? at lvl 18
    Info: TORKOAL generates energy by burning coal. It grows weaker as the fire dies down. When it is preparing for battle, this POKéMON burns more coal.

05. Larotle
    Type: Fire/Rock
    Ability: White Smoke/Rock Head
    Name Meaning: Lava-Rock-Turtle
    Evolves from: Torkoal at lvl 18
    Evolves to: Shelcano at lvl 36
    Info: ?

06. Shelcano
    Type: Fire/Steel
    Ability: White Smoke/Battle Armor
    Name Meaning: Shell-Volcano
    Evolves from: Larotle at lvl 36
    Info: ?

[​IMG]

07. Nesby
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Name Meaning: Loch Ness-Baby
    Evolves to: Lapras at lvl 17
    Info:

08. Lapras
    Type: Water/Ice
    Ability: Shell Armor/Water absorb
    Name Meaning: Loch Ness
    Evolves from: Nesby at lvl 17
    Evolves to: Arclantis at lvl 34
    Info: People have driven LAPRAS almost to the point of extinction. In the evenings, this POKéMON is said to sing plaintively as it seeks what few others of its kind still remain.

09. Arclantis
    Type: Water/Ice
    Ability: Snow Warning/Water Absorb
    Name Meaning: Arctic-Atlantis
    Evolves from: Lapras at lvl 34
    Info:

[​IMG]

10. Larvector
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Technician/Multitype
    Name Meaning: Larva-Vector
    Evolves to: Scyther at lvl 10 (ATK>DEF), Pinsir at lvl 10 (ATK<DEF), Heracross at lvl 10 (ATK=DEF)
    Info:

[​IMG]

47. Nidompress
    Type: Poison/Dragon
    Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry
    Name Meaning: Nido-Empress
    Evolves from: Nidorina by a Dawn Stone
    Info:

[​IMG]

?. Flishoud
    Type: Dragon/Light
    Ability: Magic Bounce/Cloud Nine
    Name Meaning: Flying-Fish-Cloud
    Evolves to: Stormite at lvl 25, Soladragulus by a Sun Stone
    Info:

?. Stormite
    Ability: Intimidate/Lightningrod
    Name Meaning: Storm-Might-Bite
    Evolves from: Flishoud at lvl 25
    Evolves to: Caindranado at lvl 50
    Info:

?. Caindranado
    Ability: Razor Wind(Summons a twister in battle)/Overcoat
    Name Meaning: Hurricane-Dragon-Tornado
    Evolves from: Stormite at lvl 50
    Info:

[​IMG]

?. Soladragulus
    Ability: Drought/Cloud Nine
    Name Meaning: Solar-Dragon-Cumulus(type of cloud)
    Evolves From: Flishoud by a Sun Stone
    Info:

13. Oooh!! I love the evolved forms of Torkoal! They look so good. So does everything you have up here. You're a really good splicer too.

14. Thanks, I try my best to get everything to look just right. If you have a request for any fusions/splices you'd like to see...or maybe an evolution of a pokemon that you'd like me to try out then I'd be happy to work on it.

Also, I'm creating my own region and a pokedex for it, so all of these that I create are going into it, plus some official ones.