• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tailon Attempts to Drawwww~

Tailon

Gryffindork
Title should tell you what this is, that being my art thread~! So I drew these a while ago:

Sethgiftartv2.png

This here is one of Rex's characters, Seth, a Buizel from a world were Pokemon have formed a society of their own, and wear clothes and stuff~

Donart.png

This guy's Don, a Honchkrow belonging to one of my OCs.

I'll take requests if you really want 'em, I could use them since I'm generally at a loss for ideas. I must warn I'm not very good at drawing people :>

Request Form:

Pokemon/Character/etc.:
Writing (Optional):

Edit: Since I've been in a drawing mood lately, I feel the need to add some rules here.

-I'll only take three requests at a time
-Please comment constructively before requesting

There's only one rule y'all have to follow, so please do ;-;

Request List

-Blisk-

-Absy-

-Open-

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like these. I really like the detail you have there with Don's wings. Seth's pretty well done as well. I really like the scarf. Like Don's wing, it has great detail for depth. :3

If you wouldn't mind... can I have either a Totodile or a Feraligatr? Your choice. Their names are Niko and Ali, respectively. Thanks, Tailon. :)

These are awesome! My favorite is the Honchkrow one. Not because I like Honchkrow more, it is because it seems like it was the harder one to draw. When I first looked at the Buizel one, I looked up at yuor Sora avi and they looked so similar. Don't know why. xDD Mind doing a Ctndaquil or a Typhlosion? I don't mind if you don't want to. :D

I really like these, Tailon. ^^
The poses look very natural and fit both Pokemon very well :)

The only thing that could use a little work is the shading. It looks a bit blocky and unnatural in places. Sometimes rounding the shading out instead of one straight line helps it look more natural.

Seth looks really awesome. I really like the hat and bandana. He looks very serious, which I like. Don is just as good. He is very well detailed, especially the wings.

Great job~!

These are good~ You're talented at poses and proportions, which are one of the most difficult things to master in art~ You've also got some un-wobbly lines which are great for a beginner. One thing I'd say needs improving is the shading. It's a bit limp and doesn't really make it 3D. Perhaps have multiple dark and light shades (or at least 1 dark shade and 1 light shade) and picture where shadows would fall and where the light source is.

Your Buizel looks a bit jagged and awkward, but I do like the pose.

Don, however, looks much better. The shading is decent for the style, and the only thing I can pick at are the talons. They look a bit flat.

Secad said:
Your Buizel looks a bit jagged and awkward, but I do like the pose.

Don, however, looks much better. The shading is decent for the style, and the only thing I can pick at are the talons. They look a bit flat.

What she said, basically.

But I must say, I really like Don. You made him look fierce and powerful instead of fat as your typical Honchkrow. Really awesome, keep that style up!

Tailon

Gryffindork
[me=Tailon]bursts from his metaphorical grave to deliver one drawing~[/me]

Ayane.png

These two are actually the same Pokemon, one of my OCs named Ayane, before and after her evolution. I'll get to the requests if I can v:

Tailon

Gryffindork
Double post for update >>

Don.png

This is the same lineart as the one from the first post, but I decided to go back and apply the more recent shading style to it, and think it's an improvement overall.

I really love your drawings, they look really neat! ♥ The Honchkrow one is definitely my favorite, followed by the fighting type things xD Oh and the shading is pretty much perfect!
I must request something ♥

Pokemon/Character/etc.: Absol
Writing (Optional): Absy

Wow, this certainly is an improvement. I like the closer shading between the feathers. However, you could still work on your joints for the talon grasping movement.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Fantastic drawings here Tailon. I especially liked how you gave Don that extra shading. It gives the piece a much darker and menacing look to it in my opinion. The purple background helps as well.
I would like to propose a request as well if I may:

Pokemon/Character/etc.: Squirtle
Writing (Optional): Perfusus

Tailon

Gryffindork
So, I'm horrible and still haven't done your requests, and apologize profusely. In the meantime, however, I derped out an art and find it just barely worth putting up here.

Jasonv2.png

This is Jason, a Net Angel. He's my character from Dark Soul's Net Angel RP. He uses the powars of TVTropes, allowing him access to various fictional weapons and such, including the Gurren Lagann's sword made of shades, shown here, and also grants him wings based on the given by Excalibur in Soul Eater.

he calls it the Gurren Blade c:

Tailon

Gryffindork
[me=Tailon]digs this thing out of the grave even though its his art thread so it doesn't really matter[/me]

So I drew this guy today:

DDestined.png

This is Jason Wright, my OC for the Digimon RP I'm doing. His partner is a Bearmon who digivolves into an unusally colored Marsmon, matching his color scheme.