• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join SwordArtOnline RP

Out of the shadow of the room Sam NOX and the other three members of the Knights of the Dark Sword "well, here... he... is... the leader of the United Swords" NOX said his voice was intimidating by nature "I, am NOX the leader of the knights of the Dark Sword. I am sure your aware of the Yirril virus I propose you join us in the Knights, and I can give you my right hand man Sam as your bodyguard he is quite gifted in his way of sword" he said as he moved his hand to gesture towards Sam.

"Excalibur you say" Richard asked "The map could be drastically different to what it actually is, after all Kayaba is a known trickster, and Heathcliff can't even explain where he got it. Seriously? An all-ocean floor?"
"Excalibur" Heathcliff whispered, hope returning "They found Excalibur's location... theres still... still a chance"

Meanwhile, Yui was travelling through Data, when she reached her first target.
"Hello Newcomer" the program said "I am PO-C3, Programing Operative - C3"
"POC3! Its Yui, Kayaba needs help!"

Violet has decided to go up with another group. She stayed in the back and tried to fend off the other monsters. They continued on until the third floor was reached. She walked to the front of the dungeon. She quietly walked through avoiding attempting from the enemies until seeing a few minutes players. She gulped as they looked dangerous. She was in shock and stood quietly in fear. She was part of the scout group of the group she was with. The other two went off in another direction. She had got lost after they were attacked by other beasts.

"Anyways, we would need to meet with the leaders of the other clearing guilds to plan our storming of Fort Eternal (The name of the Ghost King's castle), but we can make a basic plan" Richard said "Heathcliff and I went on a scouting mission nearby, but the High Level wall Archers and the surrounding mobs drew is away quickly"
He pulled out a map of the castle's surroundings, unfortunately it didn't show the inside, before pulling out a map of a similar castle.
"Our other Guild Leader, Luke attacked another similar castle with a Miniboss inside, most likely placed there as a decoy, so we can assume they would have around about the same layout, we know the gate is there" he pointed at one wall of the Castle "I was able to climb the wall, but..."

(Flashback)
"There has to be more here than a locked gate, maybe we can open it from the inside?" Richard asked Heathcliff, and turned to him. Heathcliff seemed distant, as if deep in thought like he always did, always so calm and fearless. "I have to get over there" he whispered to himself. Using his special power, he summoned both the Boar and Bull king...

"Watch it!" The Boar King shouted as the Bull King stepped on its back, then Richard stepped on both. "NOW!" Richard shouted
Boar King jumped, raising both Bull King and Richard, then the Bull King jumped too. Grabbing onto the wall, Richard began looking inside, his attention was caught by a room with five symbols of the door, each one looked like something could be inserted in, the five Phantom Items. He heard Footprints, and saw two Ghost Knights running towards him, running towards the GK, he threw a Knife at his face, then took out a Cutlass and stabbed the second one. Already there were more knights on the wall, he turned to the wall, and jumped.
(Flashback end)

"So we know that there is a door to the main castle that can only be opened with the Phantom Items, of which we have possession" Richard continued "We have arguably the greatest Boss Fighting team, however we will need help getting over the wall, we will all need to team up. The Engineers Guild could get us siege weaponry to blast open that gate, and we have enough Archer Guilds to take down the Wall Archers and cover us to get in. Maybe we could get other holes in the wall here and here" he said, pointing to two sections in the wall, "And send in two small squads with maxed speed skills to lure some enemy troops out of the wall, and then either ambush them with horsemen and archers or lead them far away from the castle, possibly the former so they can walk in and perhaps raid for loot." That distraction could allow us to get through the gate and form a defence perimeter, take control of enemy spawn points and spawn farm them for loot, to avoid distractions during the boss fight"

Name: Jasmine Hull
Weapon: Mace
Appearance: She wears a red tight dress the runs down to her ankles. At her upper thighs it goes into a V shape to her ankles revealing her legs. She had short black shorts underneath. She wears black knee high boots with fingerless gloves. Her shoulders are revealed and the finger less gloves stretch to her elbow. She had black hair that is shaved off on one side and all her hair falls to her left. She has jade eyes.
Personality: Sarcastic, serious, smart, fast,quiet, isn't afraid to die.
Extra: she is almost maxed in speed

"Alright, Ill join your group but don't you dare try to turn on me..." Luke said with even more intimidation, His sword slightly glowing

"Alright.... who should I find first?" Jack asked, Looking back to his map

NOX nodded a Luke's comment "It is, indeed, hard to find someone who is what they say but have trust in my men" he said as he slowly back to the exit "May the code be on your side with the bosses" he exited with the other three following Sam staying where he was.
"I have my orders and am now sworn to your sword" he said as he turned to face Luke as he pulled out his sword putting it into the ground knelling before the leader of the United Swords lowering his head. He soon stood up not wanting things to feel awkward.

Richard turned to Jack "I can send a message out to most of the other clearing guilds, but there is a group in the mountains to the north whom I met on my travels. They are from an assortment of guilds and work with eachotjer to forge the best weapons, and build the best machines, they moved to the mountain because there is a quest there for anyone with an engineering skill over 50, whose allows one to build complex machinery. If anyone has the seige weaponary, it's them. However we can't contact them without meeting them ourselves. It's a short journey but they have no interest clearing the game, convince them somehow"

(I cant help but do this enjoy)
Ty stood in the room seeing the people of the Knight of the Dark Sword. the room and everything he saw had a grey tone to it, and despite his best efforts no one would acknowledge his existence. The last thing he could remember was his death and the joy he felt leaving this world. But all of that was torn as the game didn't kill his actual self but left him as something not a player, but something else that had a conscious. He reached out to grab Luke but his hand just phased through as if he wasn't there. When he felt the embrace of what he thought was death wasn't. In reality he had a condition that created a second identity, the "death" Ty went through must have split the two into two. He remembered that as soon he started to regain his conscious he saw Luke and on impulse he reached out, but it had logged them both out. While Luke was able to actually wake up, him on the other had Ty wasn't able to, probably since the game registered him dead. He was left in a comatose like state hearing everything around him but stuck unable to do anything. He remembered what it was like to come back into the game and for some reason he couldn't do anything but follow Luke and Luke only could acknowledge him once he discovered the property of the sword he wielded. Knowing that's all in the past now not being able to communicate at all with anyone in the game he fell to his knees in that realization no one being able to see it.

After giving Jack his orders, Richard turned and opened his menu, opening a chat he had. He began typing a message

Dear Fellow Clearing Guild Leaders

I am no longer the leader of the United Swords, as our old leader Luke has returned, an event that I'm sure you have heard of. However I will still be leading the raid against the Skeleton King

I am happy to announce that the <Phantom Scythe> has been recovered by myself, Heathcliff and our recently returned Leader, allowing us to eventually raid the castle

I am sending out men to the Technician Guild in the mountains to gain some Siege Machinery from them, after which I shall send a further message. For now, prepare and gather your men

I am doing the same, for now here are some notes I have discovered about the base

• One Large wall surrounds the entire castle. I am planning to have the Technician's weaponary to smash the gates, if that fails we will scale it somehow
  • Once the doors to the castle are reached, the Phantom Items can unlock the keep

Thank You, Richard

"Cmon, We got a job to do" Luke said as he started to walk out of the boss room, A teleportation crystal in his hand

"Ill go see the siege guys" Jack said as he walked out of the castle, Teleporting to their mountain, He noticed all the players eyes were twisted and odd
"What are you doing here...." One of them said, His sword shining on his back
"We need your help for the bo-" Jack was about to finish but was cut shot when 16 players walked in
"We want your weapons, Give them to us NOW" The leader one said, His arm had the laughing coffin symbol
"No! its ours!" The leader yelled, Getting up from a throne
"then die" The Laughing coffin Leader said, Dashing forward and stabbing the leader
"AGHHHH" He yelled as he fell to the ground and died, Jack took the swords off his back and attacked, Killing four laughing coffin members, The others being killed by the Guild, The Leader stood there and laughed
"Prepare to die" the Leader said, Equipping a Scythe and killing many players in the guild
"NO!" Jack yelled as he jumped forward, Slashing at the leader, His health going down to half
"This isnt your fight...." The leader sighed, Kicking Jack out a window, Jack started to fall, Hitting the side of the mountain and continuing to roll down when he stopped he looked at his health, It was in the red and he could be dead any second, He noticed a Frost Wolf run at him, ready to kill him
"DONT TOUCH HIM!" A girl yelled, Smashing the Wolf into the ground
"Who are you....?" Jack asked, Looking at the girl
"My name is Lisbeth, Let me get you back to my forge...." Lisbeth sighed, Picking Jack up and teleporting to floor one and entered her forge, She placed Jack on a bed and started to get rid of the freeze status effect...

Sam pulled out a teleport crystal and followed Luke "right" he said as he followed.

Ty watched as without a choice he followed the group. He was still unnoticed by the SAO players he was clueless as to why, all he could do is wait for something to happen. He continued to follow and he snapped attempting to say something... but he couldn't speak. He started to lose his mind.

Luke arrived at Floor 1 and entered a bar "Ill have the Piki Ten" Luke said, Looking at the bartender
"Sure whatever" He said, Walking into the back room
"So.... Tell me more about yourself" Luke asked, Smiling

Jack continued to lay in the bed Lizbeth put him in and looking at his two broken weapons
"I wonder where everyone is....." He asked, Hearing someone walk into Lizbeth's shop
"Another customer for her" He said, Waiting for Lizbeth to talk to the person, He had a 12 hour freeze side effect and couldn't move his body, He was stuck there and had to wait....

While all of this was happening, another quest had begun, one inside of the very Cardinal System.
Yui, the Mental Health Program had began going around inside the system itself, going Rouge and infiltrating the code itself, looking for ONE specific item. The Seed. It was said that the Seed gave the user full control of Cardinal and the creation tools of Sword Art Online, and perhaps even the ability to create worlds.

Meanwhile in Anicrad, Richard had preparations to make. Things to do and people to meet. But as he sat atop the boar King, he thought about something else, the Real World. How much time had passed, a month? Maybe two? He wondered how everyone on the outside was feeling, how they reacted to the loss, he thought of his friends and family, of what THEY would think. Was he missed everyday, or did life go on as usual, just without him.

Sam sat down in the bar "well... I uh" he kinda chuckled being caught off guard by his question "me and the other members of the Knights all went to school together, and we hung out a lot outside it as well. We all were computer people and ran a coding class and produced the yearbook" he paused grabbing a small drink "after we graduated we went separate ways yet ran a tech news site together and I was accepted into Harvard, then SAO dropped" he lowered his head "I met a young lady and we started dating, we joined SAO and when the first raid on the first boss happened she went to fight" his head lowered some more "she didn't come back." This was the last thing he said he went silent not speaking.

Yui floated through the mess of ones and zeros that was Anicrad's code, but she sensed something... a foreign object, yet one he clearly remembered from earlier

In his last moments Yirril didn't feel pain instead he was overjoyed. He couldn't take it, the stress of just falling from the real world to protecting those wo wanted to help. In his last moments what seemed like his ultimate defeat was his ultimate victory since even though he died he brought someone a friend into someone who PKed. Tyler "Yirril" Kiuko will live on as a memory. In his last moments he was relieved of the stress of SAO.

Yes... that was it, she remembered that person... but he was dead?

She had been monitoring him for the longest time, so many strong and conflicted emotions were boiling inside of him. She remembered watching as his anger rose, before seeming to all die out, then there was nothing. He had died. But he had felt something in that death that Yui had not seen anyone else

Happiness

Happiness, but the reason, Yui could not fathom. This player had just been KILLED, and by one of his own friends too. And this obviously wasn't planned by the others as some suicide attempt, the others were distraught, she even felt some sadness in the heart of Kayaba himself. So what was it?

She decided there was only one way she was going to find out.

Bringing herself into physical form would have been hard, exhausting, but luckily she didn't have to. This mysterious character seemed to transcend the regular plains or reality, or the most reality possible in a VRmmo, as if he was in the code itself. How?

Weirdest of all, the player came up as an Item, not even any item but one not found ANYWHERE in the code.

So she made herself known to the player "Who are you?"

Ty was surprised that a living entity was communicating with him. He turned to face the young looking girl and tried to speak but... he couldn't, he could just mouth the words 'how are you here' he didn't expect the girl to understand what he was trying to say.

"Yui-MHCP001" Yui explained, bowing her head "The Mental Health Counselling Program 001"
She went into the Administrator menu and summon a screen for Ty to type on. "Speak to me from here"

She regarded Ty with interest, who was he?
Was it possible that HE was the glitch who attacked Kayaba, and was just luring her into a false sense of security

Impossible

This person seemed just as baffled as she did, but then the question remained

Ty looked at the screen and begun typing, he was a fast typer if he had the energy. After a quick minute of him typing he finished the message saying 'My name is Ty and I was an SAO player. I say was because if who you claim you are is true, then you are aware that I died. Or at least thought I did. When I awoke in this plain I felt part of me rip off and I have no clue what happened to him. I say him because its an alternate personality of me called Yirril' he looked at Yui and with a sudden spike of pain he fell as if his code was trying to enter the living plain again he was on the ground trying to scream as the pain wouldn't end but, like before no sound came out. He tried to express the pain he was in but... couldn't.

Yui scanned the page as Ty wrote

My name is Ty and I was an SAO player. I say was because if who you claim you are is true, then you are aware that I died
At least that confirmed Yui's suspicions, but why would he be here?

Or at least thought I did. When I awoke in this plain I felt part of me rip off and I have no clue what happened to him.
That was strange, wasn't death in this world perminant? And what did he mean by a part of him? Was this something that happened humans? She searched her data files, but nothing about that came up

I say him because its an alternate personality of me called Yirril'
"Yirril" Yui said to herself, surprised. Yirril was the name of the glitch which had supposedly infiltrated the near unbreachable walls of Cardinal...

She saw Ty fall to the ground, and ran to him in shock. She wished she could help but it she was a mental health program, this was way beyond her programming. "Are you ok?" She asked

Once more Ty cried in pain but no audio could be heard. The pain had gone and he still didn't know the cause of it. He reached for the screen and typed a new message 'yeah its most likely nothing but there is a small chance that the code that allows me to live is trying to cross over to the regular plain' he lowered his head thinking about his friends both from Aincrad and the real world. He then raised his head a thought coming to his head he continued the message 'please find a way to communicate with my guild and tell them that I'm alive' he stopped typing a thought of his real family coming to his mind, the thought made him smile thinking about the good times with people in the real world.

Yui thought long and hard, there was only one person who could POSSIBLY be contacted, yet then ty Would ask questions, then Ty would know

Hidden from Ty he began to type

<Yui> Spirit of player called Ty had come back

<Kayaba> I know

<Yui> He wants to talk to the United Swords

<Kayaba> Link him with me

<Yui> But then he will know

<Kayaba> He deserves to

With a heavy heart, Yui began projecting the Image of Akihito Kayaba, in his Heathcliff disguise.
"Hello Ty, it's me, Heathcliff" Kayaba began "I joined your guild, the United Swords, if you want to speak with them you can but first

His Heathcliff disguise faded "I have not been completely honest with you" he said with a sad smile "I am Akihito Kayaba."
"Ty I'm sorry, I truly am" Kayaba said "I wanted my world to be perfect, I wanted to feel real, for every aspect, even Death to be real. And now it is"
He turned away, not wanting to look Ty in the eye "over the last few months, so many things happened. I cannot even begin to explain but... a part of you lingered after your death, an entity known as Yirril stole my Admin powers and is trying to destroy and kill everything and everyone"
"I know..." Kayaba sighed "this is all my fault, but hopefully I still have a chance to make it right"

Ty stood there somewhat surprised yet not. He slowly once more tried to speak but once more only silence came out so he looked back at the screen he had been using and begun to type this message 'the world you created in the form of Aincrad is not one of evil while I enjoyed it the stress it generated for me by thinking of my family brought me to the suicidal action I took. You need not apologize but you're secret of you're true identity is safe with me' when he finished the message the screen turned to face where the projection of Kayaba was. He didn't want vengeance on Kayaba instead he wanted to make amends with him. With his experience in the real world after his death he knew that when SAO is beaten he would return to the real world. With that knowledge he turned the screen back to himself and continued to type 'If we both survive, I'd like to work with you on new gaming tech and games themselves, I've taken computer programming in college and can help you. It would be an honour' he turned the screen back to the projection.

To say Kayaba was surprised by Ty's reply was a massive understatement.

Kayaba had assumed that Ty would be furious, after all, Kayaba had caused his death. Instead... was Ty offering to work on more games with him? Most unexpected.
But while this SHOULD have taken a lot of weight of Kayaba's shoulders, it seemed to just weigh on his heart even heavier. Even after almost killing him, Ty was still prepared to forgive him? Would the others be prepared to forgive him?

"I... you... you are serious?" Kayaba asked "Thank you but, why? After everything i've done to you?"

Ty took the response as if he had expected it and begun to type a new message 'I understand why you are confused, but now that I'm in this realm I see the beauty of this world' he stopped typing since he needed a moment to think 'the beauty of this world is something I want others to see and experience without one chance to live in it' he paused again to let out a quiet breath 'You only wanted to create a world where people could be more than they were but also wanted them to still treat it like it was real, and I understand that. So when I say it I mean it I have forgiven you. You must now forgive your self.' He left the message there and turned the screen back to Kayaba.

"I... I did want it to be real" Kayaba admitted, he knew that in a way, Ty was right. His world was Beautiful even for all the death it caused, and it was definitely something worth saving. Perhaps this person was the one...

Ideas flashed through his mind, if this person was serious, there were so many things he could do to make SAO an actual video game. But he blocked them all out, and did as Dark said. Or tried to at least. It was harder than he thought it would be to forgive himself, after all that he had done... Yui, blocking her from helping anyone even though she helped him so much. All the players he had killed without a second thought. Ty himself...

Jasmine walked to the guild office and looked around at the many guilds she could join. She observed them carefully and wished one would allow her to join. She began explaining her speed skill level to several men but they declined her offer. She stood puzzled about what to do as her mace swung back and forth due to the amount of running around she had experienced.

turned the screen back to continue typing but before he could begin the pain he had felt before had returned forcing him to the ground in a matter of seconds "..." he tried to scream in agony but much like before no audio came out.

"Sorry for your loss...." Luke said, Finishing his drink "Lets get back to the castle..." He said, Getting up and teleporting to the castle "Hey Richard! Whats the plan?" Luke asked, Walking up to Richard suspecting Sam to be behind him

Jack slowly got out of the bed and walked into Lizbeth's main shop "Ill be going now...." He said to Lizbeth, Grabbing his gear from a rack next to the desk
"Your a member of the United Swords right?" Lizbeth asked, Putting some swords away
"Yea... What about it?" Jack asked, Equipping his armour and swords
"I heard they needed a blacksmith, Do you think I should do it?" She asked, Looking back to Jack
"They already got one, Its me" He said, Started to walk to the door
"I could be your assistant!" She replied, Walking back to the desk
"Sure, You can talk to Luke at the castle later, I need to go help them raid the boss" Jack replied, Leaving the store and teleporting to the castle.....

"I sent a member of the guild to contact the engineers in the mountains, I and the other guild leaders are currently waiting for the signal" Richard explained "Then we attack"

Kayaba recoiled again "What is wrong?" he asked "Why does that keep happening? are you ok?"

Ty struggled to stand up but he did, still fighting the pain he begun to type a new message 'I have some working theory, the theory is that the cardinal system every once in a while sees I'm a player and tries to put me back into the realm of the living players' He he was still in pain shown by the terrible shaking until I once more stopped. He closed his eyes and begun to slow his breathing, reaching out to the screen he turned it to Kayaba when something happened that caught Ty off guard, he could start to hear his breathing, he tried to speak and while it still wasn't comprehensible at least he knew that at one point he'd be able to communicate with others.

Violet held her sword and shield close to her as she scurried down the hallways of the dungeon. The air around her whistled as footsteps could be heard. Violet spun around in fear as she began to tremble even more then before. She continued to back up until torches began to light up. Kolbold knights stood around her. She was surrounded. In the middle was a larger one with gold and black armor. Violet let out a shriek that echoed throughout the dungeon.

As Kayaba watched, he felt riddled with guilt. This player was obviously in pain. But he decided to focus on a much more pressing issue.
"If I have Yui reactivate your link to the Tysword, theoretically it shouldTeleport you back to the Tysword's location, therefor allowing your Teammates to see you" he contemplated "but you aren't in the best condition right now and I still need to be sure that I can trust you with my identity"