• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join SwordArtOnline RP

Ask to join at the discussion thread: http://pokecharms.com/threads/sao-rp-discution-thread.14507/
this RP is based of the SAO anime if you don't know what the anime is about its an anime and manga based of a MMORPG which traps the players inside the game and the only way out is to beat the boss on every level until you beat the boss on level 100 the final boss (oh by the way there's no magic in this only weapons) plz include a character bio with
--------------
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
--------------
Name:Ren
Sword type:saber
Appearance:a tall boy with short blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes.
Personality: a hardcore gamer who usually try's to surround himself with other friends and strong gamers. Ren's experience with MMO's has made him an expert.
--------------------
Ren opens his eyes to find himself in the world of Sword art online a new full VR MMORPG. Ren doesn't waste any time and starts his way through the town of beginnings to go and fight monsters and complete quests so he can acquire better items and weapons.

Last edited:
(Yes... All of the yes)
Name: Richard (Username is SMRPG64, obviously, but refers to himself by his real name)
Sword type: Cutlass
Appearance: Short for his age, with dark hair and eyes
Personality: A casual gamer, he plays games mostly for fun

SMRPG64 appeared in the world of Sword Art Online. "This is so cool" he said to himself, as he looked at his virtual hands "Wow..."
He looked around for a bit, adventuring through the Town of Beginnings, before bumping into Ren.
"hi" he said "My name is Richard, who are you?"

(Season 1 is the on only good Season, The funny thing is that the season coming out next year is like SAO with things that look like Digimon and Pokemon)
Name: Luke (Username is MegaDragonZ)
Sword type: Katana
Appearance: He has Hair dyed Red with Blue eyes and is the Average height and build of his Age
Personality: Luke is a Great gamer, Making it to Level 500 in 3 games, He Tends to be kind about everything but is a living hell in a Battle, He is Great with VR MMORPGs Since he had been trained by his Brother at a young age how to Sword fight and do Taekwondo
------------------------------------------------------
Luke had been a Beta Tester, He knew a good amount of knowledge about the game and had started with a Exclusive Starter Katana, It wasn't very good, It was better than the Starter Sword but not by very much, He saw two people talking and walked up to them "Hey, Do you guys need help?" He asked, In a kind tone, Trying not to scare them in any way

(Yes... All of the yes)
Name: Richard (Username is SMRPG64, obviously, but refers to himself by his real name)
Sword type: Cutlass
Appearance: Short for his age, with dark hair and eyes
Personality: A casual gamer, he plays games mostly for fun

SMRPG64 appeared in the world of Sword Art Online. "This is so cool" he said to himself, as he looked at his virtual hands "Wow..."
He looked around for a bit, adventuring through the Town of Beginnings, before bumping into Ren.
"hi" he said "My name is Richard, who are you?"
"Hey nice to meet ya names Ren" ren replies with enthusiasm "is this your first MMO cuz if if is I can help you out a bit my cousin was a beta tester so he told me all about the game" ren says calmly.

(Season 1 is the on only good Season, The funny thing is that the season coming out next year is like SAO with things that look like Digimon and Pokemon)
Name: Luke (Username is MegaDragonZ)
Sword type: Katana
Appearance: He has Hair dyed Red with Blue eyes and is the Average height and build of his Age
Personality: Luke is a Great gamer, Making it to Level 500 in 3 games, He Tends to be kind about everything but is a living hell in a Battle, He is Great with VR MMORPGs Since he had been trained by his Brother at a young age how to Sword fight and do Taekwondo
------------------------------------------------------
Luke had been a Beta Tester, He knew a good amount of knowledge about the game and had started with a Exclusive Starter Katana, It wasn't very good, It was better than the Starter Sword but not by very much, He saw two people talking and walked up to them "Hey, Do you guys need help?" He asked, In a kind tone, Trying not to scare them in any way
"Ohh nah I know this game a fair bit my cous was a beta tester" Ren replies "why you a beta tester as well" ren asks

Last edited by a moderator:
(Favourite parts were
When Yui died, (made me cry) and when Kayaba came to help Kirito. they are also my two favourite characters
)
"Well I'm a complete noob" Richard admitted "I've never played a VR game before, this is new and very exciting"
"Anyways" he said "where would there be weak enemies for me to fight?"

(Favourite parts were
When Yui died, (made me cry) and when Kayaba came to help Kirito. they are also my two favourite characters
)
"Well I'm a complete noob" Richard admitted "I've never played a VR game before, this is new and very exciting"
"Anyways" he said "where would there be weak enemies for me to fight?"
"Well just out side the town there are pretty low level enemy's I was going there my self actually wanna make a party?" Ren answered enthusiastically

"Sure" Richard said as he went into his menu. He looked around for a bit, pressing random button
"Uh" he said "where's the party button? I'm a noob..."

"Sure" Richard said as he went into his menu. He looked around for a bit, pressing random button
"Uh" he said "where's the party button? I'm a noob..."
"Here I'll do it" ren said while opening his menu and presing some buttons "there you should get a party notification now".

Richard got the notification, and joined Ren's party. "Alright!" He said "now let's get adventuring!"
He looked around "which way do I go?"

Richard ran in the same direction that Ren did, away from the spawn area. As he ran, he noticed many players, and wondered just how many people were playing this game

Name: Tyler (username is Yirril of course)
Sword type: hook sword (prefers a bow if that's okay)
Appearance: Long White hair, Black undershirt, White long sleeve jacket, Black pants, Grey shoulder pack
Personality: Tyler is trained in Taekwondo, fencing, and archery. Plays mmorpg's when he can and is a beta tester. He tends to not feel sympathy when he is in the virtual worlds of the Nervegear. Stays away from close combat preferring distance hence the bow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler entered the world of Aincrad ready to continue where his beta test left off. He exited the games start area into the fields of the first floor knowing the location of items that can be helpful like his preferred sword and a few other weapons. He walked through the Fields and hunting area players almost as common as the A.I. animals none of which he recognized. things have changed.

Richard ran in the same direction that Ren did, away from the spawn area. As he ran, he noticed many players, and wondered just how many people were playing this game
Ren is already fighting creatures as Richard exits the town "hey Richard what ya waiting for you won't get experience by just standing around" ren shouts

"Alright, coming!" Richard shouted as he ran to ren. He looked around, this area didn't seem to have many People around, only two other players, one with black hair and one with Red hair, fighting a boar. ( :) )
He went to Ren and began to fight

Tyler found the item he was looking for a rare item a hook sword not just one of it exists but its rare. After finding the hook sword he threw the starting sword on the ground watching it disappear. The hook sword felt at home in his hand it felt real or realer than usual everything else felt like data but this felt real. As he walked to the next city he did some hunting before stopping as he saw two people fighting monsters. Even though they were in no real danger as one of them knew what was going on he walked towards them curious as to who they were.

Name: Smith Aschard (Username:Aschard)
Sword type: Long Sword
Appearance: Silver Hair and red eyes.Normal-sized and always wears a gloves to keep his hands warm.
Personality: He trained Kendo when his grandfather was still alive.He seems more confident when he fighting someone at close range.
Cheerful but usually scares people with his strange personality that you will find out in the rp.He was a Solo Player at Beta.I dont remember the word but he is...a person that just rushes to close combat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smith opened his menu and clicked on the inventory option and then equipped his Long Sword.
"Hmmm...this sword is different from the other players sword."Jado looked to the players around him.
"I think I should find a good area to farm some gold."Jado walked and tried to find the exit.
"This is kinda different from Beta..."Jado though

Luke Continued to attack Boars and other enemies until he saw the two people he saw before and another person, He picked up some gold from the Boar and walked over "You guys need any Gold?" He asked as he Placed his Katana on the back of his Waist

Smith exit the city and saw the 3 people and walked to their direction.
"Hey There!"Smith waved at them.
"May any of you lend me some gold?"Smith asked them.
"I really need some."Jado smiled.

(You keep referring to yourself as Jado...)
Richard smiled "sorry no" he said "anyways this was fun, but I think I have to go now, tomorrow same time I will be here"
He went into the menu "guys... I can't find the log out button" he said. He kept searching, it had taken him quite a while to find the Party button previously, the Log Out button had to be there somewhere... Right?

While walking to the 2 other players another had approached them, he heard one of them say the logout button was missing. So Tyler opened the menu and like the lad said it was gone just gone "What the... no logout we're trapped" he said with a bit of panic in his voice." Out of nowhere he got teleported to the start area and soon others started teleporting there.

"Whoa!" Richard shouted as a beam of light descended from the heavens, enveloping him. When he opened his eyes, he was back at the spawn "How?"
He looked around, everywhere else, the other players seemed equally as confused.

"Whats happening? Are we in Trouble?!" He yelled looking at Richard, Tyler, Smith and Ren "I think we have a Problem..." He said in Fear, A giant person in a Cloak appeared and looked over everyone "Guys... do you know what this is?" He asked

"Whats happening? Are we in Trouble?!" He yelled looking at Richard, Tyler, Smith and Ren "I think we have a Problem..." He said in Fear, A giant person in a Cloak appeared and looked over everyone "Guys... do you know what this is?" He asked
"It's the game master I think" ren says confused "but the game master whould have to be the creator of the game right and if I'm right then that's akihico kaiaba" ren says to himself in shock.

"Hey game master care to explain where the log out button is" Tyler shouted at the hooded figure before looking at Ren, Smith, Richard, and Luke saying "I personally think that we should all band together into a guild" he held the hook sword in his hand "Who is with me on this." Out of nowhere in his inventory an item appeared, a mirror when he looked into it a blue light engulfed him and when it disappeared instead of the player model he has been using it was his true self.

Luke Realised how he had changed "Im fine with this.... He said looking at Tyler "Thats a good idea" He said, Smiling at the Idea "We better be Careful, If we die, we die in real life" He said looking at Everyone else "Im with Tyler, What about you guys?" He asked

Richard listened to Kayaba speak, and his heart was gripped with fear. Stuck in SAO? He was terrible at mmos! AND had never played a VR game in his life! He had no idea how he was going to survive

Tyler realized that Richard had fear in his eyes he walked over to him "snap out of it" he yelled grabbing Rich by the shoulders and shaking him "come back to reality will you join the guild or not" Tyler said in a calm voice trying to help the fellow player.

He listened as Kayaba finished his speech, everywhere he heard whispers, things like "this cant be real" or "no way!" as well as sobbing, obviously people were not taking the news very well. He thought about the benefits of joining Tyler's guild, there he would be safe, with other people to help him, as opposed to being alone
"Alright" Richard sighed "I will join your guild"

"Wooh! thats three including me!" He yelled, He took the news pretty well, He kind of wanted this "How about you two? do you want to join?" He asked Ren and Smith

"Can't you send them an invite or something" Richard said "They may need some time to cope before making any major decisions"
(OOC: Sorry, just needed an excuse to keep RPing, I'm pretty sure they aren't on)
BIC: "So what should we call ourselves?" Richard asked "The-We-Totally-should-have-seen-this-coming-because-there-is-literally-an-anime-with-the-same-name-where-this-exact-thing-happens? how about the Bane of Kayaba? The SAO kings? The Champs? RichTyluke?

"It should be the United Swords!" He yelled, Taking the Katana off his Waist and pointing it into the Air "What do you think?" He asked them both
(OOC: Can characters like Kirito and Asuna not Exist in this RP? Since it would make this less interesting if they Existed (Also i want to have the special Dual Wield ability)

OOC: I agree I also want that ability
BIC: "How about the Midnight Dragons" he said with a smile holding his hands in a dramatic way "That has a good ring to it but I dunno" he moved his hands back down to return to the serious position to show that this a serious problem they joined together to solve.

"I prefer United Swords" Richard said, as he took his cutlass and pointed it to the air, touching Luke's Katana "So who should make it? Who should be the leader?" he asked "Definitely not me, so either You or Tyler, probably tyler since he suggested the idea first"

"My vote goes to Luke since I'm not a good leader" he pulled out his hook sword and held it up to the sky with the others "the guild I led during the beta never got anywhere until I was kicked from the leader postion"

"Well then im the Leader!" He yelled, Opening his Menu and sending them Guild Invites "Lets go!" He yelled, Pointing his Katana at the Exit where people were leaving "You guys ready?" He asked, Mainly looking at Richard

"yep" Richard said, as he accepted the guild invite "so what do we do now? should we go back to where we were before, it doesn't seem like many people are walking in that direction"

"Im pretty sure they want to beat the Boss" He said as he started to walk to where the exit to the Floor 1 Field was "We should Grind first, How about we try get to Level 15?" He asked, Waiting for a answer

Tyler accepted the guild request and said "So... wait no one cares I'm a beta-test- you know what I don't care lets just get going towards the next village okay just ignore most of what I said" he said starting to walking to the exit.

"we don't even know where the dungeon is!" Richard said "How are we supposed to find the boss?"
(OOC: Remember, in the anime it took them months to find the boss room, and we can't timeskip without the other two's permission, especially since this isn't our RP)
"I care" he said "Honestly without you I would still be walking around the spawn area trying to find where i needed to go"