• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A New Disaster

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Alright Koopa I need to finish dinner and feed my pets and then I'll reply ASAP.

Just to explain why I am AFK for the moment.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
For the record, I'm gonna be AFK/Offline most of tomorrow due to a family get-together. So I give permission for koopa000 to godmod my Taylor/Rose character until I get back.

Name: Violet Wolf

Username: Vokami

Appearance: Short silver hair that goes right below the ears, usually kept out of her face with a bandanna, extremely pale skin, dark purple eyes. She wears armor that is blue and black, a coat that is knee length, and black tights.

Weapon of Choice: Dagger

Skills: Combat (High) Parkour (Medium) Fishing (Low)

Accepted! :)

@Jagson @ManateeMike I was thinking Lexi hears about the Dire Wolf quest and goes after it, then one of your characters wakes up, sees her note, and heads out to try and find her or something and sees her in a tight spot and helps her out. You cool with that?

There can be multiple locations I suppose. It is plausible, since it's one of the first quests you would get in game. A bunch of players would want to take the quest at a time. Otherwise, what would stop the first player to get it from never finshing the quest just to troll?

I'm not sure how many other parole have watched the entire SAO anime, but I have something to say. @koopa000 and co. you are leveling WAY too fast. It is the night of the release day currently. You guys are nearing level 10. Kirito, The Black Swordsman, Jesus-kun himself was only level 10 after TWO MONTHS on floor 1. I understand that this is a role play, but seriously. Ya'll need to work on your pacing.

Name: John Jet
Username: Crimson
Appearance: Black hair, Blue eyes, slim build, tall, black shoes with Red on the sides, Dark jeans, plain black shirt, deep Red sweater
Weapon of Choice: One-Handed Sword
Skills: Deadly Sins, Horizontal, and Slant

It's been a while, but I've watched both seasons. I'd think they would fix something like that by the time this new version of SAO came out. If it takes someone two months to get to level ten in an MMO, that's a little bit ridiculous. Most MMOs, you could probably make it to level 10 in a few days if you were there for hours. I guess I'm going more along with the leveling system in MMOs I play. But, Dapper_Cat is only about Level 6 right now.

@Dapper_Cat You are forgetting something. Yes, most MMOs in our time are somewhat fast paced. You can level up quite quickly in say, Skyrim or Fallout. Heck, I got to level 10 in only two hours of Fallout 4. I've never played World of Warcraft or the like, but I assume it works similarly. My point is that Sword Art Online is designed for long periods of use. An when I say long I mean long. The characters are shown to be playing in these VRMMOs for hours, and some have been documented to go days while in game. A game that you level up in too quickly can get boring.

Yeah, you've got a good point. I'd probably put Lexi's level at four to four and three-quarters. And timeskip sounds good, I'll do that(or go along with it, dunno if my alerts box is failing again XD). RIP Jag. Maybe he had a crazy sibling that tore the NerveGear off? :p

I'm honestly probably going to keep Dapper_Cat's level out of his dialogue unless someone actually asks him, so I don't rush too far ahead or lag too far behind in terms of levels.

I set the timeskip three months ahead, because a year was too long and one month was way too short. Also, I think leveling should be like in the Pokemon video games, where you need more XP to level up the higher level you are. That sound good?

So, like how it is in other MMOs and almost every other game with leveling up?

Three months later...

Lexi set a plate down in front of Casys. It had something that resembled a meatloaf made with fish and things that tasted decent with fish on it. "So today's the day everyone that feels like risking their necks to beat bosses meets up in the plaza to strategize or somethin', huh?" she said to him. It'd been a month since SAO's horrific release.

"Three months later...."
"It'd been a month since SAO's horrific release."
Bit of a continuity error there, Cloudy my friend.

Well I haven't really been posting in the RP but just wanted to put in my two cents. Maybe when they decided to rerelease the game, they got some of the players of the original SAO and asked them what they'd like to see changed, or just changed stuff. Maybe made levelling easier in case somehow they didn't manage to remove the death-game aspect

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Eric Light
Username: Cosmic
Appearance: Tall to a point; Red Eyes; White Hair; Sheath on back; Black Hunter Armor; Black Cape with a hood;Black bandana (i'm a black clothing guy :p)
Weapon of Choice:One-handed sword(prefered primary); daggers (occasional secondary)
Skills: Combat (high); agility (medium); Hunting (low)

Name: John Jet
Username: Crimson
Appearance: Black hair, Blue eyes, slim build, tall, black shoes with Red on the sides, Dark jeans, plain black shirt, deep Red sweater
Weapon of Choice: One-Handed Sword
Skills: Deadly Sins, Horizontal, and Slant
Accepted
Name: Eric Light
Username: Cosmic
Appearance: Tall to a point; Red Eyes; White Hair; Sheath on back; Black Hunter Armor; Black Cape with a hood;Black bandana (i'm a black clothing guy :p)
Weapon of Choice:One-handed sword(prefered primary); daggers (occasional secondary)
Skills: Combat (high); agility (medium); Hunting (low)
Accepted

just a update on Koop's equipment
Weapon: Reinforced Steel Spear - 13 attack
Torso: Blue Cloak (Chainmail wrapped in blue cloth) - 21 defense
Hands: Grey fingerless gloves (Made with wolf hide) - 9 defense and plus 5% agility
Overcoat: Frenzy Bull Jacket - 32 defense and plus 5% attack damage