• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Swearing.

Pretty much the same as everyone else. I never swear unless I'm pushed hard (or it fits in to a joke). Back when I was relentlessly bullied a few years back, I would usually cry when I swore at the bullies (Yeah, because that's gonna make them stop bullying me) but I remember this one time that I was being hassled while I was trying to print out my assignment, I just told them to... you know... and couldn't help but laugh at my bluntness. Lately, I've been subjected to so much swearing (Year 11 of Hihs School. What did you expext?) that I've become less picky with my swearing and I'll include it in quotes and jokes quite often. I still try to avoid using it in serious situations unless the situation calls for some emphasis.

Well I'm from an area where swearing is pretty frequent i guess, even in my house all of us have a habit of swearing (even those who are younger than me) I used swear just outside the house (you know what mums are like) however shes so used to it I sometimes swear in the house too which is a bad example on my younger relatives
however, its not like I swear after every word I say. Like loads of people i know, in my opinion they swear too much, but tend to do it only when in extreme emotions like stress, anger or even happiness
like im F***ing loving it etc.

In a forum like this though I dont tend to swear at all and if i did I would have censored it like in the example above.

I dont see the problem with swearing. Its like any adjective in the dictionary i guess,
some people can say ''wow thats messed up''
others can say ''man thats f***ed up''
but, i feel it shouldnt be used in professional, (i can accept some forms of literature) and around kids (as that would do its work in society)
Also I agree with the post above me, that I hate people who overdo it, yeah use it as an adjective but theres no need to swear all the time, I dont think it makes them look bigger or better than people but thats their choice i guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear allot in person, but nothing offensive mostly I do it in a joking matter that people over time come to accept.However on forums such has this I refrain from Cursing since people can't see when I am joking and may take offense such words. So by all respect unless they know me well or can see me I don't curse much the occasional slip up happens.

However I never swear (unless I slip) in front of children, or while in Church out of respect and wanting the kids to not speak poor mouthed just yet. (My cousin Janet who is I think 8 now was speaking this sentence at age 5 "Your an Fing B..... mom, I don't have to clean my room." (Oh the joys of a family vacation to the home of 5 year old rebel girl).

The offense of the words depends on contest in the end any word can become offensive if used in the right way or taken in the wrong way.

A

Anonymous

I've honestly never felt comfertible with swearing, even if i do it sometimes :-[

It depends on the swearing and how it's used. If it's a lot in a single sentence/paragraph then I can't take the guy seriously at all but just a baby. I swear and lately I've been swearing a lot as well due to everyone around me swears every other word. I don't swear THAT much but there's a swear used here or there. I try not to swear around the children and other younger groups or around the elderly either. Of course, even though I don't live with my family anymore, I still refuse to swear around my mom due to the fact I would be "punished" lol

I have 2 other friends.

I swear... sort of in the middle.

One of my friends swears a lot, I swear sort of a lot, and my other friend does it, but not as much as us.

I don't swear in front of kids, or adults, or even adults who are OK with swearing, and who say they're OK with it if I do it.

I only swear when with friends, or on the internet.