• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Super Smash Bros. - The Seven Maidens (RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

You’re asking the question of how a Genesis Portal could be made at alll. Remember, the Genesis Portals are gateways between worlds. All Andross needs to do is find a correlating point to Porky’s location in a different universe and rip open a portal to yank Porky out of the ASC.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
You’re asking the question of how a Genesis Portal could be made at alll. Remember, the Genesis Portals are gateways between worlds. All Andross needs to do is find a correlating point to Porky’s location in a different universe and rip open a portal to yank Porky out of the ASC.
I don't exactly know how that would work. I find it difficult to picture. I suppose he'd steal some of Eggman's equipment.

"Steal" isn't the right word. Remember, the Cabal IS working together. And without the technology to create Genesis Portals, how would they invade where they're invading?

"Steal" isn't the right word. Remember, the Cabal IS working together. And without the technology to create Genesis Portals, how would they invade where they're invading?
I doubt Eggman would approve of the usage of an advanced version of the Genesis Portal technology just to pull one tiny person out of a capsule who they could take or leave his support. If Eggman would want Porky's help, this would change but he already has armies worth of support from the other villains.

At the moment for Eggman, the most valuable resource is intelligence. The Cabal could want Porky for what he knows, and the Trinity could decide whether to recruit him or abandon him.

He'd already have it. Every commander has a personalized Genesis Portal creator that they can use in case of an emergency... or in case they just need to make a Genesis Portal.

He'd already have it. Every commander has a personalized Genesis Portal creator that they can use in case of an emergency... or in case they just need to make a Genesis Portal.
What was the point in arguing that the capsule cant be opened? I'm not trying to offend you and all, but you should have pulled that out of the hat the instant I asked.

...because I assumed you'd already have used logic. If the villains can make Genesis Portals, what stops them from making a Genesis Portal inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule?

...because I assumed you'd already have used logic. If the villains can make Genesis Portals, what stops them from making a Genesis Portal inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule?
I would have assumed that it was harder. I had thought that tiny Genesis Portals cant be made willy nilly and that you actually have to be able to fire a blast from the Genesis Portal maker weapon into the capsule to do so.

*sigh*
Genesis Portals are both a natural and unnatural occurrence. One instance of a natural occurrence is the portal between Terca Lumereis and Ylisse that Estelle fell through. One instance of an unnatural occurrence is the portal Eggman used to invade Kanto. Eggman does have a Genesis Portal creator which functions sort of like a miniature Cosmic Reset Button (again, something from the comics) modified to cause a localized space-time disruption that opens one of the portals.

Sorry for being so quiet about this, I got caught up in end of summer stuff.

Anyways, thinking of Hallownest and how to work it into the multiverse, I don't think it's worth it to Eggman unless he's really concerned with making sure everything is under his grasp. There's little to none sentient life- most are under a plague reducing them to their base instincts and those left are scattered and few. Other than Hornet and a few others, none of them really know of what happened to the Kingdom. As such, it's kind of a waste of resources to take over.

So what I'm getting at is proposing that the surface area- the little town of Dirtmouth, where there is no infection, and the safest place in the game, becomes a sort of Refugee camp. It's practically abandoned, with a whole population of six, with lots of empty houses. And if Eggman doesn't want or really put much effort into holding Hallownest, it would be a perfect spot.

That being said, the idea of Grima lording over the tiny town of Dirtmouth as if it were a kingdom entertains me. It make sense if Eggman shunted off the one villain who is most likely to turn on him into a place he doesn't really care about too. That, of course, implicates Eggman just wants to hold Hallownest, rather than occupy it. Which will be fairly easy to take over (The ones who aren't infected) due to no actual leadership being left. And there might be something Eggman wants deep in the Kingdom, but that's pretty spoilerly. And he'd also need to know of it, which is difficult in of itself...

Sorry if that made no sense, it was pretty much me throwing ideas out there.

Burble... I LOVE your idea. Dirtmouth will be the home for the Resistance, and a future storyline when most of our heroes are assembled could be the Siege of Dirtmouth!

At what point of the timeline is the world of Hollow Knight in at this moment, Burble? I'd assume from your descriptions and character interactions so far it's mid-game-ish.

I am not the biggest expert in Hollow Knight. I have played through a portion of the game but I find it extremely hard to progress. From what I gather, Hornet is encountered in the city ruins so it must be at least then. I'd assume Hollow Knight discovers the whole infection thing and then that attracts more people to Dirtmouth. He's the thing. Dirtmouth has a very small population, so it's not really worth saving unless there's some kind of hero base there or if there's something Eggman wants below the surface of the earth.

No, Dirtmouth is definitely still empty even by the end of the game. It's a little spoilery, but I'll explain.

And yes, Mid-game. Post game wouldn't work for various reasons.

The infection was being contained in the Black Egg Temple. Was, because the thing holding it has failed- three safeguards, the dreamers, help to contain it, but when one fails (or when the Knight gets a certain upgrade) it leaks big time, turning the Forgotten Crossroads into the Infected Crossroads. This is why, in this RP, it takes place before a dreamer dies or that upgrade is obtained.

Hallownest, following it's fall after the infection, was popular to people "seeking riches" in the Capital, the City of Tears. The entire population of Dirtmouth (Except one, named Elderbug) went down seeking it as well. Over the course of the game people return, the mapmaker Cornifer and his wife Iselda, the shopkeeper Sly, a young bug named Bretta, and Zote the Mighty, who isn't actually a resident, he's just blabbing about his 57 precepts.

Dirtmouth would make a good camp for people who's worlds have been taken already. It's wide and safe, and the cabal has no reason to consider Hallownest if they figure it's basically worthless. There's room for tents and a ton of abandoned houses that one could take.

The reason this isn't after the game- every ending involves the Knight either dying or being sealed away. Hornet gets sealed in one ending as well, so this makes thing less complicated.

Now what Eggman could want if he were to find out about it...
A substance called void. The Knight is made from it. It has the possiblity to destroy the infection at it's source. It was the only thing stopping the Infection from breaking out in a bad way for a long time.

It's incredibly potent, and is found at the bottom of Hallownest, locked in the Abyss. Of course, few know of the Abyss and what it contains. Hornet is one, the White Lady is another. The White Lady is what's left of the Queen of Hallownest, locked within her own garden.

Of course, the Abyss was sealed in such a way only the king- or the one who possesses the brand of him -could open it. And this Knight does not have that. Still, if the cabal learned of the void and the fact that it can be molded into life, they'd be all over Hallownest.

I hope that helps clarify my points.

Definitely seems intriguing. The Siege of Hallownest will likely be a late-game event, for when that happens we'll be in the final act of the story. Act 2 will start when our heroes are all gathered, and at the moment we're starting off Act 1 with a few character meetings.
Oh, and Burble, could you reply to the RP please?

Oh yeah, I might as well make a size for the characters in comparison to the others. I don't want literal bugs running around.

Maybe the Knight's the size of (smash) Kirby while Hornet's the size of Olimar. Both are still pretty short in comparison to the rest of the gang, but aren't so short it makes them pointless.

No, Dirtmouth is definitely still empty even by the end of the game. It's a little spoilery, but I'll explain.

And yes, Mid-game. Post game wouldn't work for various reasons.

The infection was being contained in the Black Egg Temple. Was, because the thing holding it has failed- three safeguards, the dreamers, help to contain it, but when one fails (or when the Knight gets a certain upgrade) it leaks big time, turning the Forgotten Crossroads into the Infected Crossroads. This is why, in this RP, it takes place before a dreamer dies or that upgrade is obtained.

Hallownest, following it's fall after the infection, was popular to people "seeking riches" in the Capital, the City of Tears. The entire population of Dirtmouth (Except one, named Elderbug) went down seeking it as well. Over the course of the game people return, the mapmaker Cornifer and his wife Iselda, the shopkeeper Sly, a young bug named Bretta, and Zote the Mighty, who isn't actually a resident, he's just blabbing about his 57 precepts.

Dirtmouth would make a good camp for people who's worlds have been taken already. It's wide and safe, and the cabal has no reason to consider Hallownest if they figure it's basically worthless. There's room for tents and a ton of abandoned houses that one could take.

The reason this isn't after the game- every ending involves the Knight either dying or being sealed away. Hornet gets sealed in one ending as well, so this makes thing less complicated.

Now what Eggman could want if he were to find out about it...
A substance called void. The Knight is made from it. It has the possiblity to destroy the infection at it's source. It was the only thing stopping the Infection from breaking out in a bad way for a long time.

It's incredibly potent, and is found at the bottom of Hallownest, locked in the Abyss. Of course, few know of the Abyss and what it contains. Hornet is one, the White Lady is another. The White Lady is what's left of the Queen of Hallownest, locked within her own garden.

Of course, the Abyss was sealed in such a way only the king- or the one who possesses the brand of him -could open it. And this Knight does not have that. Still, if the cabal learned of the void and the fact that it can be molded into life, they'd be all over Hallownest.

I hope that helps clarify my points.
Cant we have an alternate timeline where all the residents just happen to be up there? It would make it more interesting.

I myself have played through some of Hollow Knight but I havent gotten near to the last part. I think i kept dying at the fungal area. I dont know how anyone could complete the game. It's such a difficult game-an adventure and a puzzle in one game.

Why do we have to follow through the 'endings.' They dont sound like such interesting endings. What if neither the Hollow Knight nor the Hornet are sealed? What would it be like? Dont say to me it isnt possible.

This is just how I see things. It is how I see Hollow Knight.