• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Super Smash Bros. - The Seven Maidens (RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

So forget Subspace Emissary. It's irrelevant to this RP.

Two beings of immeasurable power.
One battle of immeasurable intensity.
Several billions of universes breaking together with immeasurable effect.
What does all of this share in common?
It all relates to a single battle taking place in between realities, with a ripple effect cascading across the multiverse. Said ripple causes universes to be split and to overlap with others they should never touch.
And with this crossing comes unholy alliances...
Enter Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, who upon encountering the Koopa King discovered that these rifts could allow him to meet with similar villains of other universes and ally with them into a mighty force. Naming the rifts "Genesis Portals", the mad Doctor began building a multiversal army to take over all realities.
Unknown to the Doctor, a hidden force rages against him... Lord Blumiere and Lady Timpani are called upon by a mysterious cloaked man seeking their aid, due to their multiversal expertise. Learning of Eggman's plans for domination of everything, they decide the right course of action is to assemble heroes to battle the villains, building an army to combat the doctor.
Yet neither faction realizes the greatest threat - the Genesis Portals themselves. Can they discover the true threat in time to save the multiverse? And can they discover who the Seven Maidens are...?

This RP won't have the same roster as Ultimate, be that through roster cuts or new additions. I'll be determining whether or not a character has a good reason to be in the RP - if they're anyone from the main games but Bayonetta they're good, if they're a newcomer it's debatable. You'll notice quite a few new additions on my side. If you think there's a character that should be in the roster that isn't, feel free to suggest them! Oh, and if I put (maybe) by one of my characters it means I'll control them for the time being but someone else can take them if they wish.
Mario: @BurbleBurble
Luigi: @ThatJustin’sASpy!
Princess Peach Toadstool:
Princess Daisy:
Captain Toad: @Eeveechu151
King Bowser Koopa: @HydreigonBorn37
Prince Bowser Koopa Jr.: @Ratbag the Coward
Yoshi: @Ratbag the Coward
Wario: @Eeveechu151
Donkey Kong:
Diddy Kong:
Dixie Kong:
King K.Rool: @Ratbag the Coward
Lord Blumiere/Count Bleck: @Eeveechu151
Lady Timpani/Tippi: @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
Link (Breath of the Wild): @HydreigonBorn37
Zelda (Breath of the Wild):
Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors): @HydreigonBorn37
Toon Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass): @RhythmThief
Tetra/Toon Zelda (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass):
Samus Aran:
Ridley:
Dark Samus: @HydreigonBorn37
Kirby: @Lucas Inazumai
Bandana Waddle Dee: @Eeveechu151
Meta Knight: @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
King Dedede: @GreninjaTrainer013
Marx: @GreninjaTrainer013
Fox McCloud: @Ratbag the Coward
Falco Lombardi: @Ratbag the Coward
Wolf O'Donnell: @Ratbag the Coward
Red (Pikachu/Charizard/Greninja): @Eeveechu151
Blue (Eevee/Blastoise/Lucario): @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
Green (Jigglypuff/Venosaur/Pichu): @Fraseandchico
Mewtwo: @Fraseandchico
Pit: @BurbleBurble
Dark Pit: @Lucas Inazumai
Palutena:
Viridi: @Eeveechu151
Captain Falcon: @SoulDemon
Black Shadow: @SoulDemon
Sonic the Hedgehog: @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
Miles "Tails" Prower: @GreninjaTrainer013
Shadow the Hedgehog: @RhythmThief
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik: @Eeveechu151
Silver the Hedgehog: @Eeveechu151
Blaze the Cat: @Eeveechu151
DLN-001 Rock/Mega Man:
DLN-000 Blues/Proto Man:
Phoenix Wright (and Maya Fey): @Eeveechu151
Miles Edgeworth (and Dick Gumshoe):
Yuri Lowell: @Eeveechu151
Estellise "Estelle" Sidos Heurassein: @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
Flynn Scifo: @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
Trevor Belmont: @Eeveechu151
Sypha Belnades: @Eeveechu151 (maybe)
Adrian "Alucard" Tepes: @Fraseandchico
Popo and Nana (Ice Climbers): @ThatJustin’sASpy!
Mr. Game and Watch (Game and Watch): @ThatJustin’sASpy!
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid): @ThatJustin’sASpy!
Captain Olimar (Pikmin): @Fraseandchico
Robotic Operating Buddy/R.O.B. (R.O.B.): @ThatJustin’sASpy!
Villager (Animal Crossing):
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit):
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!): @Manu456Alola
Pac-Man (Pac-Man): @RhythmThief
Dog and Duck (Duck Hunt): @Rohan Kishibe
Ryu (Street Fighter): @RhythmThief
Cloud (Final Fantasy VII):
Agent 3 (Splatoon): @Eeveechu151
Agent 8 (Splatoon): @Fraseandchico
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight): @HydreigonBorn37
Specter Knight (Shovel Knight): @HydreigonBorn37
Shantae (Shantae):
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time): @Eeveechu151
The Knight (Hollow Knight): @BurbleBurble
Hornet (Hollow Knight): @BurbleBurble
Gunvolt: @Manu456Alola
Copen: @Manu456Alola
Dr. Eggman, Ganondorf and Bowser are the high-ranking trio of the alliance. Bowser Jr., Wolf, Dr. Wily, Grima and DJ Octavio are also in the alliance, with Dark Pit and Viridi only joining as double-agents.
Lord Blumiere and Lady Timpani are in the alliance, of course, along with the mysterious man who calls himself Hood. Shadow the Hedgehog and the Meta Knights have joined as well, with Solid Snake as the most recently recruited.
I think that should be good enough to start, right? Let me invite some people. @Godjacob, @Rohan Kishibe, @Lucas Inazumai, @Mockingchu, @Ratbag the Coward, @RhythmThief, @GreninjaTrainer013. @HydreigonBorn37 - let's see if this goes better than my last Smash RP, shall we?

Last edited:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
So this sounds interesting. Another Smash related RP. But who to choose... if I was allowed in, I’d like a few characters... (btw, I like how you banned Bayonetta, @Eeveechu151. She was still not as powerful as MetaKnight in Brawl though)

Mr. Game and Watch
Solid Snake
R.O.B
Popo and Nana
Luigi

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Just for clearance... I both think that they fit/don’t fit in fine. Bayonetta doesn’t seem fitting because she’s in a rated M game AND can cause unstoppable combos, while Snake came in from a franchise that came to Nintendo, like, once. They both are decent characters, though, Bayonetta being the best character in SSB4, while Snake is 6 in Brawl, but probably has the best taunt anyone will ever see. (Shadow Moses Island taunt)

Just for clearance... I both think that they fit/don’t fit in fine. Bayonetta doesn’t seem fitting because she’s in a rated M game AND can cause unstoppable combos, while Snake came in from a franchise that came to Nintendo, like, once. They both are decent characters, though, Bayonetta being the best character in SSB4, while Snake is 6 in Brawl, but probably has the best taunt anyone will ever see. (Shadow Moses Island taunt)

I mean this is a RP not a game. Not like we have to strictly stick to the Smash tier list or anything XD

tfw when waluigi gets left out in an rp version of smash too :(

Anyways, I'll be taking Mario again for sure. Maybe Pit too? Robin definitely if you don't take him.

Do you mind if I suggest the Knight and/or Hornet from Hollow Knight? I mean, it's new but relatively the same age as a Hat in Time, and it also came out on a Nintendo console. Another I got to suggest are villains from Fire Emblem, since there are literally a ton of them. Zephiel, Gharnef, Hardin, Validar, Aversa, Garon...The list goes on and at least one of those guys deserves to be in. "World wide domination" is sort of a theme with a lot of those guys. Heck, even a lot of smaller villains like Berkut would be neat. Just one at least.

Last thing, I don't see how Bayonetta doesn't meld with the world any less than Cloud or Snake does. Her giant demon fists are pretty much comparable to Corrin shifting their hands into a dragon maw. It's much more Smash like than Snake pulling out a mortar. You can't even use the excuse that she is from an M-Rated Game, because almost all of Snake's series is rated M. I'm not planning on playing her if you do include her, but there's no reason to leave her out in case someone who does want her wants to play her.

All of you get your asked-for characters! We'll start when we get the main trifecta of villains filled out.

On the topic of Bayonetta... eh, I just feel like she doesn't meld well enough with the world and story. Cloud and Snake can thanks to the inclusion of other human characters like Shulk and Captain Falcon, but Bayonetta's a demon with really no regard for a fair match others around her. I'm disavowing her from the story not just because she doesn't fit the games, but because she doesn't fit the story.

And I was actually planning to bring Grima into this RP later on, so there's your Fire Emblem villain.

Oh, fyi Burble? I'm planning to make the ships for Chrom, Robin and Lucina as follows - Chrom and Sumia are married, and Robin and Lucina are married.

Ehhh alright. I suppose I can make it work. I'm not too good thinking of the two as a married couple (Robin/Lucina) but I'll do my best.

I'd argue that Bayonetta fits in the games fairly well, but since this is your RP I'm gonna drop the topic. As for the villain...I assume it's just gonna be an alternate evil Robin from the future? I don't see why Grima would work with anyone, considering his plan is to destroy humanity and the Exalt's line and not world domination. I just wish it was one of the other games, since Grima makes a FOURTH character for Awakening while the other games only get one protagonist. But once again, not my RP.

Final thing, is the Knight and Hornet allowed? Or would you rather not me take them as it seems relatively not many people on the site have played Hollow Knight? (Or even heard of it...)

Eh, it's the same reason Ganon's working with Eggman - I'm having Grima use the Alliance in order to get enough power to wipe out the current timeline after learning what will happen to him in it.

The Knight seems like he'd work. And from looking at the wiki, Hornet certainly seems interesting... If you think they could work well, then sure.

The shipping half pretty much, Lucas can tell us about the hardcore classic half xD
I think Robin and Lucina works well together mainly because of their interactions and what happens in that scene from Chapter 23 if they are married.

Alright, cool. Just wanted to confirm them with you so I don't just end up joining randomly with characters you didn't actually confirm.

Also Olivia is better grill. She is good on either Robin or Chrom. Prove me wrong /s

No, but seriously. These ship wars have gone on a long time. Even back to FE4, where they implicated a character named Beowolf may have paired up with Lachesis. They got pissed.

Strictly speaking, Village Girl is Chrom's canon wife. Intro or not. They may of tried to nudge Sumia, but to insure no one gets annoyed they never explicitly say anything. Same thing with Fates children too. There's a reason everyone's default hair matches their mother/father, after all. One last thing, Cordelia deserved to be able to pair up with Chrom

But why are we getting off topic about FE shipping lol

Sumia deserves it more.
Eh I dunno, we're FE:A fans. Anyways, like I said earlier, I'll start this RP when we've got the main three villains taken - specifically Bowser, Ganondorf and Eggman. The Doctor's my character, so all we need now are the Subspace villains.

I was playing FE 7IF just now and my special GR Bull$*!+ detector kicked in. WHO IS TALKING ABOUT CHROM WITH THE MAIDEN!!! Okay, calm... calm... Yes Sumia was canon in the FE:A opening, though that is what is making the player think is the MAIN canon of FE:A's story. Chrom can marry (Sully, Sumia, Maribelle, Olivia, a Maiden and Reflet). The Fire Emblem games are not just RPGs, they're stories of history that you decide on what may happen(In may way of viewing it. Though if you disagree, that's fine.) Like how in FE New Mystery of The Emblem, Awakening and Fates allows you to create an avatar, it is your story to write and finish. When a character dies, you have an option to retry or continue. When you make a mistake, you may face concequences or recieve unintentional luck. FE now is more focus on story since the past few games are lacking that edge, the feeling of each character and their development. Sure, FE:A began the start of a new generation of gameplay, but not much into the development of the story as we are mainly focusing on Chrom, Robin and Lucina (Sometimes Frederick and Lissa) heck, the game can actually be beaten with Chrom and Robin alone. This is my thoughts on FE, so I may be wrong at some places, but that's how I think. And if you think otherwise, I'm okay with that.

Whew... didn't think I go for that long... sorry 'bout that. It has been a while since I've RPed so I may be a little rusty. And the character choices are more slimmer so it's kinda harder since most are something I'm not to familiar with. (Watching way too much anime and tokusatsu lately)

ayonetta's a demon with really no regard for a fair match others around her. I'm disavowing her from the story not just because she doesn't fit the games, but because she doesn't fit the story.

This feels like a dumb reason to exclude her IMO. Given how diverse the cast is and really she is more unique and offers more for the story then say Ryu or Snake would. But it's your story so not much can be done there.

Also I feel this plot is gonna have a major Fire Emblem bias. To the point where it may as well be a Fire Emblem RP with the Smash Cast as supporting characters. But that is likely just me being Mr. Negative because I am sick and such today.

Eh... Sumia’s got the most supporting her relationship with Chrom compared to the others (multiple cutscenes, two animated), so that’s my reasoning.
And GJ, just because we’re debating Fire Emblem means nothing. There’s gonna be a few more FE characters in the RP than other series, but blame Sakurai for that.
Anyways, there is the possibility of you submitting new characters, Lucas. I’m fairly open to new Smash characters if I think they could fit in both Smash and the plot.

And GJ, just because we’re debating Fire Emblem means nothing. There’s gonna be a few more FE characters in the RP than other series, but blame Sakurai for that.

It's not the number of them. There can be however many people want, just feels the focus of the narrative is gonna be biased in their favor. Given the mutual love for Fire Emblem shared by most RPers here.

Pfft you say that without even realizing the ToV bias I’m giving to Yuri and Estelle

In all seriousness, not all series will be able to get equal representation. Despite this, I’ll try to make things as equal as possible. For future reference though, I’m probably going to make the maidens as follows but I may change it; Timpani, Peach, Zelda, Amy Rose, Estelle, Sumia and Shantae.

If Sakurai did add another story mode to SSB4, it would give me more idea on how the SSB world works. I may have a few choices in my head right now since I'm not in my thinking moment and it's 3:34A.M where I am. I guess I'll choose Ike, Dark Pit and possibly Kirby again. Can I suggest FE:H Kiran(The Summoner), Megaman :Bass. And possibly Dynasty Warriors: Sun Ce, Sun Qian and Sun Shanxiang?(This is a joke. But nintendo did made some Dynasty Warriors game)

Ooh! If you've gone through the trouble of inviting me, of course I'll join. I'm tempted to take Toon Link, but I think I'll do something a bit different and take Shadow.

Kiran is a Summoner, so I was thinking that his weapon Breidablik, could summon heroes for a limited time. Similar to the Pokémon Trainer, he can switch between multiple heroes, but can only summon four at once. According to the Wiki, Kiran uses orbs as ammunition in order to "fire" heroes from it. Orbs are items that are received daily in order to summon more heroes in the game. Though, I'm gonna use the coloured orbs instead of the normal orbs as ammunition. I'm gonna make it so that Kiran can't overuse the Breidablik on oversummoning like how Robin can't use either one of their weapons for too long.

Last edited:
Kiran could be similar to the Pokémon Trainer and commands the summoned heroes. Though, I doubt Kiran can handle a fight by himself since he is rarely shown fighting. And only heroes from FE:H can be summoned (Excluding character that are from seasonal events.)

Probably 20 heroes. Five for each colour.
Red: Tiki(Young), Sheeda, Sophia, Karla, Joshua
Blue: Micaiah, Ephriam, Abel, Florina, Nephenee
Green: Lyn(Lady fo the plains), Hector(Marquess of Ostia), Fae, Legion, Amelia
White : Sothe, Mist, Leon, Maria, Matthew

Last edited: