• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Super Power Post-Apocalypse RP

If this RP is still open:
Name: Nereus Sami Quincy (People who know him call him by his middle name, Sami)
Appearance: Sami is usually wearing the lightest clothes he can find, since he values mobility. However, he also likes to wear camouflaged or dark clothing to hide. He is about 5’8” and somewhat effeminate looking (although very athletic), and that combined with his name led him to be made fun of a lot as a kid.
Personality: Sami finds it hard to get good friends, but he is generally nice and polite. He rarely ever curses, unless asked to, and sometimes he wonders if his niceties are the exact reason why nobody wants to be his friend. So, for much of his life he was worked alone, and he has gotten used to it by now. It would be difficult to insert somebody else into his life.
Backstory: Sami lived in the city, which was overpopulated and riddled with crime. He was often made fun of when he was younger, and his parents weren’t great either. All of these factors combined made him decide to steal his parent’s little money (something which he still regrets), and run away from the city into the wasteland. While in the wasteland, he travelled. While traveling, he met a group of robbers, and they took his parent’s money. He tried to defend himself, but was injured. His injuries were bleeding severely, and he believed them to be fatal. However, he decided to continue to limp towards the nearest settlement in hopes of finding a doctor. He never made it to the settlement, but he did find a river, and he laid down by it to die. Then he started to heal, but only in his leg. It was like his leg was liquid, but held in a force field in its shape. The matter in his leg seemed to redistribute to heal his wounds. Eventually, it was completely healed, and he moved a little. He had expected to be dead by then, but he wasn’t. Once he moved, it started to heal other parts of him, depending on his proximity to the point. He knew he had to find out why this one point was healing him. So, once he was completely healed, he scoured the spot, and after looking through some river-rocks, he found what he had originally assumed to just be a dirty rock, but was in fact an orb of some sort. When he moved it close to his body, the areas of his body nearby would turn to this sort of liquid state. Along with the magic orb, he followed the river to a different settlement nearby, where he managed to find lodging and began to work odd jobs to get money. After he worked every day, he would go back to his bed and experiment with the orb. He soon figured out exactly what the radius was and formulated his own theories on how it worked, as well as figuring out a way to deactivate it when needed.
Power: Sami has a magical orb, which takes life energy from its user (not enough to be harmful in the long run) to turn all of them within about a 1.5 foot radius (just enough for Sami to be completely turned into liquid if he goes into a small enough cube) into a liquid-like state. It is also capable of turning its user invisible (once again within a small radius), healing their wounds while they are liquid (it is quick, but not that quick; about 15 minutes), and Sami believes (although he hasn’t yet been able to do it) that he can modify the shape of the force holding the liquid-like substance into different shapes at a subatomic level, like incredibly sharp swords (although only capable of being 1.5 feet long at most).
Weapons: Sami has the orb and also has a small hunting knife.
Codename: Mercury
Other: Sami’s favorite color is about a 13 on the color index (AKA purple). Also, I am planning on Repeat or some other villain smashing the orb into 6 pieces later in the RP. Then, when all hope seems lost, Sami will figure out that the pieces still work exactly like the original whole orb did, and these now 6 orbs will allow Sami to extend the radius of the orb much further by having armor with the orb built into it (and also make the orbs much harder to steal).

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Alright, well maybe move the characters to a proper building and I'll continue from there. Only if you two are fine with that of course. If you have other plans for them, thats all good.

Also, for future fights, lets try to keep somethings smaller scale. I know a lot of people wanted to get in on the action, but so many people doing so many things can cause others to get lost in the ruckus. Make sure to read previous posts carefully and make sure you have an active spatial awareness of attacks and where other characters are. Overall, it was an exciting encounter to kick off our action.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie really couldn't give a crap about light spears, considering one of her sparring partners back home was an Angelic wielder with similar abilities. (Not quite as powerful though.)

The only reason Allie left is because she knew she'd snap if she remained there any longer. She's not far, she's currently watching the fight from above.

Agreed with @AlrightAttorney. I got Allie out of the conflict because I as a writer was getting confused to what was happening.

@EmoKitty21 They are shot out somewhat haphazardly but, they are localized in a targeted area that she designates. Imagine a large ring around an area and the spears can land anywhere within the circle.

@EeviumZ Your assuming they are angelic in nature, but that's fine since no one outside of the government or even the people in it in it really knows, more of a NTK kind of thing by people who handle her.

Last edited:
@Shadow_Pup, Wouldn't Luna's psychotic field not negate the telekinesis from being used, as it is basically used to cause people to go insane. It would put a lot of strain on his ability to even use any kind of mind power. Physical would be fine. So I think the tendrils would be ok, but anything mind based would not really work on Luna as she is consistently using her powers. It has literally caused her to go insane from use.

oh, i just thought it caused insanity or something, and during Jon's 4 years in the box, he has learned to fortify his mind, but if it negates psychic attacks I will edit my post.
It is not that it negates them, but it does kind of weaken them quite a bit when used on Luna. Think of it as not a barrier, but it causes insanity and fortifies Luna from having mind powers used on her very well. Mind control does not work at all. Telekinesis does work, but it is very weak, and with enough willpower she can kind of over come it. Though she can not attack with her powers, she can cause some effects to be lessened when used on her. So I would say it would be a battle of the minds between your character and Luna. I would say that your post is fine. I just wanted to bring this to your attention when I make my next post. Also expect a lot of aggression from the Queen when she does manage to get her hammer back. If Jon did learn to fortify his mind, it would be because Luna did not use her powers on him. I would say that she has probably only met him once or twice.

Basically she is used to torture people into serving Repeat. Though she can not be controlled by powers, she is controlled in other ways by the man.

well since the main villain group is seemingly in a meeting, and Angel is god knows where in the middle of nowhere, your villain can prob come in whenever depending on what she's doing or who she wants in interact with it's kinda limited, up to you really if you can make it work. But that's just my thoughts.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
@Cmeriwether That wasn't the point. The point was that Reaper is literally firing sharp bones in every direction in the same area where Skeleton and Zero were fighting before. As in, where they had battled before it was over and Skeleton left. But everyone in that area seems to ignore the sharp bones that are flying literally everywhere.