• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Super Mario Bros. X

SMBX1.bmp

A comic I'm currently working in. So far, I've only made 4 issues.

Now, I would like to present...
Issues 2, 3, AND 4!!! ;D

SMBX2.bmp

SMBX3.bmp

SMBX4.bmp

I know I got a little lazy on this one... :(

I WILL update the layout and effects of these comics. I made these before I got GIMP...

Oh, and I almost forgot, SPRITE CREDITS!!! ;D
SMBX%20Credit.bmp

Nice comic, but I think the giant hermit crab needs to be further back. That way, you have more space for the rest of the characters, especially Bowser. I didn't even notice him until he said something.

Nice comic, but I think the giant hermit crab needs to be further back. That way, you have more space for the rest of the characters, especially Bowser. I didn't even notice him until he said something.
Yeah, but then he'd be covering Wario and Waluigi. The thing is, everyone, allies AND enemies, were all gathered.
PS: His name's Hermie. You must not have gotten that far in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (or not have the game at all)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's not terrible (except for the third comic >_>), but you've pretty much just sat and ripped off Super Mario Bros Z, and you haven't even done it very well as there's little to no plot build up or characterisation. It's hard to follow because you have no idea what the characters know, what they're even doing or more importantly, why.

My advice would be, since you're only 3 comics in, to go back to the start and try again with a bit more effort on those points.

It's not terrible (except for the third comic >_>), but you've pretty much just sat and ripped off Super Mario Bros Z, and you haven't even done it very well as there's little to no plot build up or characterisation. It's hard to follow because you have no idea what the characters know, what they're even doing or more importantly, why.

My advice would be, since you're only 3 comics in, to go back to the start and try again with a bit more effort on those points.
DANG IT! It's really THAT much like SMBZ? Oh, well. I'm currently getting ready to work on a new comic. Fantasy Adventure. The main characters are Mario, Sonic, Naruto, and Sora. Maybe I'll just quit working on this comic...nah! :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Dude, you took the exact same name of the series and changed the letter from Z to X. You REALLY don't see the inherent attempts at cloning SMBZ from the very start right there? :p