• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Sunny's *New* Shiny Team.

Here is my Platinum shiny team. Any comments/suggestions are helpful. [Not willing to re-breed since they are shinies- it would kill the point.]

Charizard@Choice Specs/Scarf (Jolly)
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp Atk
- Flare Blitz
- Earthqauke
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide/Air Slash

Gyarados@Leftovers (Hasty)
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang/ Stone Egde
- Earthquake/ Stone Edge

Roserade@Heat Rock/Damp Rock/Focus Sash (Brave)
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Sp Atk/ 252 Spd
- Sunny Day/ Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Grass Knot

Gorebyss@ Life Orb (Gentle)
EVs: 32 HP/252 Sp Atk/ 220 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Pyschic
- ? ? ? ?

Machamp@? ? ? ? ? (Lax)
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spd
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge/ Ice Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Crobat@? ? ? ? ? ? (Docile)
EVs: 124 HP/ 252 Sp Atk/ 120 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- Roost
- Air Slash

[If this doesn't give enough type coverage, other options are: Dewgong, Golem, Salamence, Absol, and Carnivine.]

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
For Charizard, firstly, Focus Sash isn't an attack. :p

For Charizard, see if you can find a slot for Swords Dance on your moveset - since you're going primarily for physical attacks, Swords Dance can provide a very potent boost to your attacking power. That same Focus Sash could be a very useful hold item for running Swords Dance.

Gyarados is fine as it is, although Adamant may have been a better Nature for it. Hasty is fine though. Consider Wacan Berry as the hold item as opposed to Leftovers - Machamp would probably be better off with Leftovers here.

Roserade on the other hand got screwed over a bit by its Nature - Brave doesn't help it at all. The moveset is fine though.

Machamp is also fine except for the Nature, which should really be either Adamant or possibly Impish/Careful, although it can work with Lax to an extent. If you're running No Guard as the ability, DynamicPunch/Stone Edge is your best bet for attack moves, whilst Guts will probably be better off paired with Cross Chop/Ice Punch.

Crobat again suffers from a poor Nature since Docile boosts nothing, although luckily it doesn't drop anything either so it could be worse. Also, that moveset needs to be used with extreme caution, since Taunt can easily get you killed as can a Hypnosis miss. Air Slash alone for flinch-hax isn't all that reliable either - you may need to find some more reliable means of keeping it alive.

I can't say much for Gorebyss since I don't know a lot about it. See what others say with regards to it. The biggest problem here is your Natures - since you aren't willing to re-breed, make sure you're aware of just what areas your bad Natures hurt you in and work around it.

*facepalm* That was supossed to be Focus Punch. Sorry. xD

Thanks for the suggestions. I know the natures suck... blah. But this won't be my main Wi-fi team, so that's good.

Also might replace Crobat with Salamence....?

Why would Charizard be holding a Choice Specs if the nature is Jolly and your using physical attacks?
I would use Dragon Dance for Charizard instead of Swords Dance but that would require breeding (I know you stated you wouldn't) and Charizard would most likely not be shiny.

Souloux, what item do you suppose I use instead? I'm new to competitive battling, so I have no idea.

I'm going to swap Gorebyss & Crobat with Starapter & Luxray. I'll post all the moves and what not once I decide.

Life Orb, Choice Band or Choice Scarf would be good. Life Orb gives an Atk boost but at the cost of some HP every turn; Choice Band also gives an Atk boost but limits Charizard to one move and Choice Scarf gives a Speed boost but limits Charizard to one move. Any one of these items would stand well with a Jolly Charizard.

Two water types. No, just no.

Maybe Absol (I have a few possible sets)

Punishment Set
Absol@ White Herb (If using Curse)
Super Luck
Adamant/Jolly Nature
Swagger
Punishment
Mean Look
Curse/Perish Song

Mmkay, this set is kinda complicated XD
First you use Mean Look.
Then you use Swagger to raise the attack stat, and confuse them.
Then you use Curse (If on the set, to boost Def and Attack, at the cost of speed. Use once if you have it)
Then use Punishment. X3
Use Perish Song as a last resort (If you have it on the Set)

I swear, a similar set MURDERED ME in the battle Factory ;_;

Critical hit Power
Absol@Scope Lens
Super Luck
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Shadow Claw/Stone Edge/Increased Critical hit ratio move -Filler

Filler, Psycho Cut, and Night Slash for super luck/scope lens use. Night Slash for STAB. Psycho Cut for Fighting Coverage. Swords Dance to up attack.

Yeah. I have more, so ask if you're not interested in these and using Absol XP

I might suggest using berries to reset Charizard's SpA EVs as they are wasted completely and the nature gives a decrease in SpA, but Speed EVs would suit the nature better. Life Orb would be a good item too, Charizard would hit like a brick.

And I have to say, if you are new to competitive battling, then I can't imagine how good you will be when you are used to it, as that Snorlax kicked ass.