• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun and Moon- QR Codes to Fill Dex!

According to pokemon.com, there is a new feature in your pokedex that can scan QR codes. Using the code, you can register a pokemon to your pokedex and find out where it lives. Here's the article:

Quote: "In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, there is a QR Scanner function that allows you to see information about Pokémon when you scan QR Code patterns. With the QR Scanner, you scan in a QR Code and check the information about the Pokémon that corresponds to that QR Code. There are QR Code patterns in various places all around you, so try scanning them. By scanning in special QR Code patterns you can register Pokémon of the Alola region to your Pokédex and find out where they live. If you scan in the QR Code for a Pokémon that you haven’t yet caught, you can check its habitat and search it out. You can display the QR Code patterns for Pokémon you have caught in your own Pokédex. If you and a friend show each other the QR Code patterns for Pokémon you have caught, you can both register the Pokémon in your Pokédexes!" ~pokemon.com (http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/dis...r-scanner/)

What do you think? I find it interesting, it will be easier to fill out the pokedex this way, as many people will probably upload the pictures to the internet, and so on.

qrscan.jpg

Ok so within about 72 hours of the game being released, there will be a pokédex online with every QR code on there, well i guess it saves either playing the whole game, buying a guidebook or going online to check the location of everything =)

Ok so within about 72 hours of the game being released, there will be a pokédex online with every QR code on there, well I guess it saves either playing the whole game, buying a guidebook or going online to check the location of everything =)
If that does happen, completing the Pokedex isn't a big achievement any more... But at least I can look at every single Pokémon
(I go on my Pokedex a lot to mess around with them, sometimes I even make music out of the cries)