• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun and Moon, Pokécharms, and You!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
As of now, Pokémon Sun and Moon are starting to roll out across the world, and some of you lucky folks will be beginning to pick up the games very soon. As a result, we wanted to make you all aware of the new policies regarding Pokémon Sun and Moon, and what's currently allowed and banned on Pokécharms.

As of now, you may discuss any Pokémon, mechanics, and other tidbits found in Pokémon Sun and Moon, with the exception of plot spoilers, which are defined as any part of the story told in-game. For now, please keep them in the Pokémon Sun and Moon forum – please don't talk in detail about game spoilers in other forums, on news or Creative Corner comments, or on profiles.

If you wish to discuss plot spoilers, please use the Pokémon Sun and Moon Spoilers thread, but please follow the rules therein.

Regarding Creative Corner works: as of now, you may draw, write about, or otherwise include all Pokémon, released or otherwise, in your Creative Corner works. However, at this time, please don't include plot details or major late-game scenarios in your works – for example, please don't draw a work of late-game battles.

Regarding role play, I hand you over to my esteemed colleague @StellarWind Elsydeon, who has updated the Role Play rules to account for the new mechanics and Pokémon in Sun and Moon.. Please re-read them before continuing your RP adventures on Pokécharms! Please take note of the restrictions on some of the new Pokémon, and also that you may use Z-Moves in role play. :)

@StellarWind Elsydeon's full announcement is below:

As Sun and Moon have been released (okay, in Australia, but still) and information is now accessible about the Pokémon of Alola to enable informed RPing using these Pokémon, the restriction on their use has now been lifted - you may now involve Alola Form Pokémon and Pokémon native to the Alola region in your Role Plays.

Bear in mind, however, that you may still not use any of the Pokémon classified as Legendary or Mythical - including the Island Guardians and Solgaleo/Lunala, as well as several others linked to them through story. This is both due to their relative power level and to minimize the chance of story spoilers for those who do not wish to be exposed to such to a minimum. Eventually, they will be distributed to our tier system - but for now, they are out of bounds.

Please note that Type: Null, Silvally and the Ultra Beasts, for all intent and purposes, are considered Legendary Pokémon and may not be used.

We're really looking forward to getting stuck into the new games, and we hope you enjoy your time here at Pokécharms!

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
20161118_141946.jpg
PRAISE THE SUN!!!

I forgot my keys AND my phone. Had to wait outside of the apartment for an hour. The only person inside was asleep.

Quick qeustion, it talks about Solgaleo/Lunala and Type:Null/Silvally and Ultra beasts but what about Cosmog and Cosmoem? Can those be used as regular Pokemon?

Why is Silvally considered a legendary pokemon?
I don't really know.
Personally, I think it shouldn't be classed as one, its just got amazing stats. Pokemon with better stats don't become legendaries, so whats the big deal about Silvally or Type: Null?!
I know that it apparently has something to do with the Ultra Beasts or Legendaries, but still I don't think it should be classed as one.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I don't really know.
Personally, I think it shouldn't be classed as one, its just got amazing stats. Pokemon with better stats don't become legendaries, so whats the big deal about Silvally or Type: Null?!
I know that it apparently has something to do with the Ultra Beasts or Legendaries, but still I don't think it should be classed as one.
I feel like it's because he is an artificial version Arceus. But, to be fair, if you pitted Sivally against most legendaries, Sivally would definately lose

I feel like it's because he is an artificial version Arceus. But, to be fair, if you pitted Sivally against most legendaries, Sivally would definately lose
Even putting it against a psuedo-legendary, it would be beaten still. If Silvally is one, then shouldn't the pseudo-legendaries be actual legendaries?
Sun & Moon did introduce evolving legendaries, so it would not be out of the ordinary.

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Right. Further clarifications.

Yes, Cosmog and Cosmoem most certainly count as Legendary Pokemon for reasons that should quite frankly be obvious - those two are what I referred to as "as well as several others linked to them through story". How they are linked, I will not disclose here for the benefit of those who haven't played the games yet - but yeah. Those two are off limits as well.

Type: Null/Silvally are counted as Legendaries because the Pokedex treats them as ones, and because as it stands it is established in canon that only three have ever been created, Gladion has one and the others are deep-frozen. You can obtain one ingame, yes, but this is after a great deal of complicated circumstances which would not apply to any RP character anytime soon.

And honestly, yes, pound for pound the pseudo-legendaries have a greater base stat total than some legendaries - but what makes a legendary is not necessarily its stats but rather its relative rarity/status as a 'cryptid' of sorts, its background lore and official definition of the species as legendary or mythical. The pseudos don't fall into that category - and also, keep in mind that while influenced by them, RP is not tightly bound by game mechanics but rather by the logic of what a Pokemon universe would be like in a more realistic 'world' setting - with all that entails.