• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Summer Plans

Hello, everyone! Yes, I know it's been a while since I've been on, but I've been very busy with college. However, this summer, I've got an awesome job/internship/research position.

I get to work at a fricking zoo!

At the Toledo Zoo, due to the help of a summer research program at my college, I got assigned to do research on mammal/avian interspecies interactions. In addition, I get to intern under the curator of animal behavior and design animal enrichment projects. However, I call it a 'job' because the program I'm in gives me a lovely stipend. I am moving out of my parent's home for the summer.

Now, what are you all doing?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Anime, books, video games, and lots of 'em. :p

In seriousness I don't really have any plans, I'm hoping to enjoy a relaxing summer, but I'll likely get board of that at some point so I'll probably have a hunt around for some work of some sorts. :)

I plan to play video games, get a job to help tide me through uni and just generally chilling any other time. I'll be getting my debit card soon and I'm probably going to try and use some of that money for PC upgrades, tripod and a mic because I'm going to try and get into the world of LP's and vlogs to give me a hobby and hopefully for the chance for it to develop further and it will help me get used to projecting my voice and talking which again will probably help in uni especially during freshers and stuff

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
sleeping, mostly~

I'll also probably be spending a good portion of my time reading and probably try coding some more complex stuff than I've been doing at school, since I seem to have found a new passion in computer science and whatnot. XD I really didn't expect myself to like it as much as I do now, so I guess the only way to further explore the field before college starts will be to practice and do some reading on the subject.

Non-academically, I'll be in Cali this August for my dad's college reunion, and probably go have fun in Disneyland and try to meet up with friends there. Not saying that it'll work, but it's worth a shot, anyways.

I don't have any plans outside of that, so I'm expecting most of my summer to be just a time off to (finally) relax from school stuff before college begins. Probably going to catch up with anime, manga, and music stuff~

This summer, I'll be working at the pool again...probably almost every day, as per usual.

I'm going on a trip to rural NC to work on home repair in the middle of the summer, and during the beginning of the summer (immediately after high school graduation) I'm going to the Outer Banks with a close group of friends for a week.

There will be the standard getting ready for college stuff -- saying goodbye to friends, packing, selecting classes, etc...

There's also a girl that I've been seeing more of, so we'll have a fun summer ^^;;

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Well I know that I will be reading, writing, doing yardwork, playing video games and expanding my intellectual horizons in my spare time.

I am also working on getting a job or two to do over the summer to make some money. I may also take a few classes, so that I don't have to worry about them in the Fall. I will also hang out with my friends, as we are all older and do not get to see each other that much anymore. Plus, we're all 21 now! In July my family is vacationing up to Boston for a while, so that should be fun.

I don't really have anything super interesting planned for my summer, sadly. But it shall be nice, and interesting.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Consuming the souls of the innocent and advancing my army of biomechanical minions in their march to cause the extinction of the human race as we know it. Pretty much like any other summer.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Summer is just the same to me as the other seasons as far as work goes, so I'll mostly just be doing the usual. As for my summer holiday I'm having it a little early, in a couple of weeks I'm off to Africa for a 16 day camping Safari which should be awesome :)

Lots of stuff and things. Sleeping, playing video games, reading, writing, listening to music, taking walks outside, seeing movies, etc.

Oh, and somehow I'll have to squeeze that all in in the time that I'm not moving. Yes, moving. I'll be leaving Virginia, and leaving the East Coast. Here I come, Michigan. Yay.(I'm seriously not thrilled at all about this, but we have no choice. :( )

Working in a lab again! We're doing research on new types of supercapacitors. It's pretty cool and the other people in the lab are nice to work with. Also want to work on the intro/literature for my 4th year thesis and get that going so I'm not trying to do it the night before AS USUAL.

I bought a bunch of video games in great excitement when my exams were done but I was actually rather fatigued and played them pretty slowly, so I guess I'll work on those as the summer progresses.

I have a couple of fanfics that I was noodling on as practice for a novel I wanted to write but can't quite work out a plot/characters for.

I'm going to go home to visit my cats later in the summer and it's so hard. MY BABIESSSSSSSSSSSSS. My sister and I were talking about going on vacation to Iceland before school starts again.

I'm hoping that by the time Summer ends I'll have moved from part time to full time at my job. I'm gonna go to my brother's graduation next month and then in July I think I'm going to be back in Maine for a few days. Mostly I'm just going to be working and hanging out.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thankfully this upcoming summer should be similar to my last couple of summers (highspeed internet/WiFi makes everything better). I don't work during July and August so most of my time is spent at my mother's cottage, relaxing and catching up on various things (games, Anime and other TV shows, movies, books, writing, etc.) I'd wanted to do during the work year yet never had time for.

At some point mid August I'll be heading up to Toronto for just shy of two weeks to visit with friends and family (mostly Keri ♥). While there I'll be hitting Fan Expo Canada again, the same as I've done annually for over a decade. It's always a good time. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Cody said:
There's also a girl that I've been seeing more of, so we'll have a fun summer ^^;;
Good luck with becoming a man~ <.> *stabbed*

As I'll be a college graduate in three days, job seeking is my top priority this summer. I'm hoping to get into the Baltimore Aquarium because they're opening a Blacktip Reef exhibit and shark ecology is what I want to do in life. And I need money to fund my otaku tendencies.

Other than that, I'll do what I do every summer: ransack the library for every manga it's got that I haven't read yet, read the manga online the library doesn't have, watch Anime, play videogames, hopefully churn out a chapter or two of Team Neos, and most importantly go to Otakon. :up:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oh to actually have the concept of a summer break again...

I do have some plans for the summer, though, around normal working hours. I should be putting AkornWeb into testing towards the end of this summer and finally will be once again able to begin thinking of new things for Pokecharms for the end of the year following that. I also need to catch up on some comics and games that I've let build up, so will be specifically doing that before September - and the craziness that is the end of this year for gaming - comes around.

Can't use up too many of my holidays for summer, though, as I need that time for X/Y's release, GTA V's release and Christmas. :p I am planning on getting the first couple of days of E3 off, though.

I've got a discrete class, but it's all logic so it's not too difficult. I also go to work on Monday and Wednesday. Not too hard, basic tech support nonsense~ Weekends usually hold either D&D campaigns or pool parties or sometimes both.

Also, going to New York/Canada in August :3 We're visiting Lake Louise again, such a pretty area :>

Atma

Formerly Karu
My summer is going to be awesome. Camping at this amazing place called Pistyll Rhaeadr for a few days with some of my closest friends! Then we're also going on lots of cycling adventures, I'm picking up swimming again and I also have like... Significant other! Romance!

I also have the intellectual things to do like catch up with reading, help bump up our P2P writing review group and get on with some delicious designs. Then there's hardcoring my way through a backlog of games.

Jobs. They're real too, also.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Absolutely ZILCH.

My summer will be filled with job searches, anxiety and gaming.
...Recently lost my saved data on Prince of Persia, so that'll be fun to get back. D:

Hm... I'm also building up an art portfolio for next year.
I want to try and get into the Glasgow School of Art. Huzzah!

...No other plans at the moment.
Someones doing me a solid and getting PSP games on a card for me.
So I'll probably be glued to it for a good while.

Well other than my job at Sonic, I plan on not finding a girlfriend, but "falling in love with myself", if that means anything; basically I'm out to make myself happy first~ So, this means late nights watching anime or playing games, sleeping late, buying games, hangin' with ma bros, when we can of course, and not giving a shit about what too many others think~

Also my friends and I might go on a road trip sometime soon~ But we also plan on going to see a lot of movies~