• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Stuff you've commissioned or done on paid commission

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, this past summer at Fan Expo Canada I decided to do something I'd always wanted to do but could never properly manage/afford: commission an artist to draw Linkachu. A girl was taking commissions of trademarked characters for $3, and original characters for $5, so I figured "What the hell?" and asked if she'd do one for me, too. I had to get a rush job on it (we were leaving the convention soon and were only there for the one day), but she managed to do the picture for me in an hour. The result was pretty nice and I like it quite a bit:

Clicky the link for another Link xD

Anyways, any of you guys ever paid someone to create something for you? Could be art related, a website, a piece of clothing... Anything really. On the flip side, has anyone ever paid you to create something for them? If so, what was it, how much did you charge (or if you do a lot of commissions, what's your average price tag), etc.?
Share your stories with us :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I haven't commissioned anyone, per se (ie: haven't handed someone money for the service) - although both Rach and Hax are currently in my 'employ' working on art for a pair of upcoming projects.

I do commissions myself (more info soon), for web design/development or other graphic design/development (if people so wish) - but I only have a few prospective commissions on the burner at the moment, with no active projects ready to roll yet.

My prices are still in an unfinalised state - and of course, range depending on the scope of the project itself and who it's for. But, for a full web design/development project - including a back-end for content manipulation - it would easily run into hundreds of pounds for the full thing. Probably no cheaper than £200+ for the most basic 'full' projects.

My goodness, Linkachu, that brown Linkachu is adorable! That variable is awesome and chibi-esque.

I recently commissioned my friend (in a joke) to make me a gerbil Death Star for my birthday two months ago. She showed up at my house with a card with a gerbil-modeled/powered Death Star. That was pretty awesome.

It is now hanging on a wall in my house.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alrighty. Recently I've commissioned four different artists online to draw me Linkachu. One of them has completed the commission, one is at the sketching stage, and two have yet to start. Of the two who haven't started yet, they're both very trustworthy artists and have done tons of commissions in the past - so I have no worries. I could wait months for a picture from one of them because I adore her artwork.

Anyways, I spammed the chat with this link yesterday and I figure I'll spam it here, too. I'm just... so incredibly happy and impressed with this picture, and the artist wanted barely anything for it! She's amazing. A really great person to commission whenever she's offering 'em.

"Linkachu" - by RacieB ^___^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
O_0

That is awesome! The pattern on the shield is so perfect and... so is everything else. I don't really have anything else to say because its so amazing XD

Wow. It makes you look like you're from a series of books I used to read called Redwall. It was about an abbey of woodland critters, like mice. Their hero and warrior was called Martin, and he was a mouse with a great sword. Don't think he'd have stood a chance against Linkachu though XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... Ahahahaha. EVERYONE is commenting about how Racie's Linkachu could fit into Redwall. XDDD Personally it reminds me more of Reepicheep of Narnia fame...

Racie is frelling awesome, either way.

Oh my, that looks rather realistic. I like it. However, I must agree with Stel when I say it reminds me of the little swashbuckling mouse as well. I can imagine Linkachu shocking and then stabbing people.

Linkachu looks awesome! (from the first post)

5 years ago my friend's sister drew me and Photoshopped a character I created. It's Katsume. She even did it for free.
Katsume
I was happy!