• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Stress

Everyone deals with stress. Maybe it' from work, or that car payment, or the rent, or school, whatever. We've all got it, and some are better at dealing with it than others.

Typically, I like to run or walk my dog when things get particularly stressful. I also find keeping a journal helps, a lot -- when I go through and take the time to process everything it makes the situations easier to approach.

How do you all deal with stress?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
By downing in as much food as possible, slamming my door to my room and punching a pillow, yelling as loudly as possible, or, in the most extreme cases, go to my room and bawl. And all this can happen within a day~

In milder cases of stress, I, like Cody, keep a journal and write in it from time to time. Well, not just write, but also doodle and even rip some paper out to fold into origami things, or just to rip in general.

I usually listen to music, and the music I listen to usually reflects my mood. Anger lends itself to hard rock and metal. Sadness leads to sad songs (usually acoustic for the best effect). I've also learned to stay far away from caffeine when stressed as it really exacerbates the problem.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Like Shiny, the things I'll do to destress depend on just how stressed I am. If it's a milder nagging, I'll crank up the music, throw myself into a TV series or a video game, talk to a friend about it, go for a walk, get some comfort food (which for me is chips and/or pizza), or do some writing. I also keep a journal, albeit mine is online, and I spam it quite often when something is weighing on my mind.

When the stress is much deeper however, I'll avoid all human contact as much as possible. Typically I'll get so deenergized that I can't find the focus/energy to talk to anyone, so it's easier keeping things to myself until whatever is causing the stress settles down a bit. Beyond that I'll still do a lot of the same things I'd do for minor stress: listen to music, watch a TV show, play a video game, write in my journal, or sleep.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Well it really depends what I'm stressed about. If it's something big I avoid talking to any of my friends, throw myself on my bed and watch as much anime as I can fit in.

If it's stress more related to school stuff I'll end up ranting to a friend and then force myself to step back and look at things and how I can sort it. When it's lighter stress like that 'll play guitar or listen to music.

I usually either listen to music or go on a shoot em up game while shouting die and swears sometimes come out.

If neither of those work I tend to go for a walk into the woods and kick and punch at trees then I usually sit down on the floor and cry. The other thing I do is actually think about commiting suicide and thinking how I would commit suicide :| Yeah, sorry for making the conversation a bit dark and sinister.

One of the more effective ways of dealing with stress is preventing yourself from getting it, by not postponing your homework, for example. But I realize this can be quite hard for some of you.

I'm not always under stress, but when I am, I listen to music. Especially rock and J-Pop is a good distraction from everything. If you want to relax for a moment, take something acoustic or perhaps even classical. Or do some work-out; Grab your bike and tour around for a bit, preferably with your iPod or phone for some music along with it. Cycling gives great time for thought.

When I get stressed, I get more agitated and jumpy, and faster and sloppier in my movements. This really doesn't help if you work in the hell that is fast food. (Whoops, almost forgot to put the s in there. :p) I don't really have many coping techniques, so the stress just rises until I go to bed. What I do have is to isolate myself in my room or relax with my boyfriend. He's quite astute at figuring me out, even better than myself. (I'm just than unaware.)

I usually only get stressed on tests or stuff like that, or when I'm really getting short of time for something, but not much. I like to watch tv or just play video games but my mom doesn't like it so I can't get out of stress sometimes, also I like to sleep a lot when I'm stressed and sometimes eating snacks. But I can get stressed quickly even if its kinda stupid I get stressed.

Reasoning what causes the stress, lets me think what to do in order to stop being stressed, however, after I finish solving a stress I find myself in another -_- *sigh*