• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Streak of Light (Dystopian Superpower RP)

[Discussion/Sign-Ups]
[RPers: @Eeveechu151, @Ratbag the Coward, @Mockingchu, @Mystic Zander, @SS-I Never, @SailorMystic]

The year is 2063.
After the collapse of modern civilization, people have begun building off of the ruins of the past to make something new. With this comes the four major states - NewMerica, Aseura, the South Colonies and Centrala. In NewMerica, the government is a dictatorial regime known as the Merin Empire. Many people dislike the government, but many of its members in power wish the best for the citizens. Others only wish for the eternal perpetuation of the government.
Secret government experiments are common, especially in the Northern district of NewMerica. One such experiment, however, has proven extremely fruitful... a newly-created artificial gene that allows a human to gain an incredible natural-yet-unnatural ability.
These are known as Streaks, and only a certain few have them. Those that survived know the Streak well.

Gaspé District, Quebec Division, North NewMerica
"Swift Silver, mission is go. I repeat, mission is go."
"Gotcha, Rex."
Several Merin soldiers patrolled around the waterfront port. Two soldiers passed each other, waving. As one of the soldiers moved up next to one of the storage containers, he noticed a flash of silver. Curious, the guard walked over... before getting knocked out and thrown inside the container.
"One guard down." Silver said with a smirk, his long silver hair flashing. He crept up beside the container. "I see one other guard between me and the payload. Scout, can you tag 'em?"
"Gotcha." a voice said over the radio, and a small disk shot out from somewhere to tap on the back of the guard's suit. Electricity coursed through the guard, knocking them out. The man disappeared in a silver light as Swift Silver put him back in with the other one. He closed the container, locking it. "I see the train in the distance. Can you get the payload secured in time?"
"Heh. Not a problem, Scout." Silver smirked, dashing inside the building the two guards had been guarding. Racing up the watchtower, he stopped when he noticed two soldiers there. "Whoops. Scout, there's two guys here."
"Wh- You're Swift Silver!" one of the soldiers said in shock.
"So? GET HIM!" the other shouted. The second guard pulled back a plate on her forearm, causing her fist to hiss with steam. She punched towards Swift Silver... only to find herself disarmed with the gadget removed.
"Oh, sorry. This yours?" Silver asked, putting it on and punching her in the stomach. The guard instantly fell unconscious from the force. The other guard grabbed a shockstaff, but Silver grabbed it and bent it back so it shocked the soldier into unconsciousness. "Tower's clear." he said.
"Great. You got it?" Rex asked over the comms.
Silver looked at a crate to the side, opening it up. Inside were several computer harddrives. "It's old-world tech, alright." Swift Silver said, investigating it closely. "Genuine. Wonder what this stuff will have on it?"
"It's something important enough to keep in a watchtower with just under two dozen guards patrolling." Scout said. "Now let's get moving. Train's coming in just a few minutes."
"One sec." Silver replied, grabbing the crate and dashing off. As he did, he grabbed a few supplies he had seen earlier - specifically a paintbrush and a can of silver paint. Using his speed, he rapidly painted across a wide field area. Once he was done, he dropped the paintbrush and can beside him. "How's it look from up there, Scout?"
"Looks... just great." Scout admitted, seeing the large V with an eight-pointed star inside. "You got the Vagabond symbol almost perfectly this time."
"Almost?! Aw c'mon." Silver said in mock disappointment.
"Swift Silver! Scout! The train's almost there." Rex interrupted over the comms. "Get your asses to the rails!"
"I'll get Scout there in a flash." Silver stated, dashing off to the top of a crane on the other end of the docks. Spotting Scout, he tapped her on the shoulder. "Can't carry you if you're lying down."
"Smartass." Scout replied. She got up and let Silver scoop her up, putting her Steam Sniper on her back. Swift Silver ran down to the railroad, where Scout reached down and grabbed the crate. "Huh. It's lighter than I thought it'd be."
"Ready to make the jump, Rex." Silver reported.
"Good, 'cause the train's almost there." Rex said. "You'll need to make the timing on your own."
"Gotcha." Silver said. As the train steamed by in front of his face, Swift Silver focused his eyes. Time slowed down for him, and he could see all the details of current events clearly. As soon as the right car came by - the flatcar - Silver ran for a few steps and leapt forwards. Landing on the platform, he got his balance and skidded to a halt. "We're on."
Scout got down. "Let's move to one of the cargo cars. We'll be harder to notice that way."
Swift Silver nodded. Looking to the horizon, he saw the sun slowly rising in the distance. "New day, new mission. Let's head back to home base." Silver followed Scout into the car ahead.

13 HOURS AGO...

"Fantastic," William sighed, holding out his wrist gear for Franco to see. The metal contraption began to tick, as gears clicked against each other. Eventually, a flickering screen appeared, displaying the words 'Port - 8...Gaspé District - Quebec Division'

"Port? What are you, four?" Franco laughed, playfully bopping William on the arm.

"I get it, Fray," William said, using his nickname for Franco, "Could you not pester me about it?"

"Then why the hell'd you tell me?" Franco cackled, his curly brown hair bouncing with every chuckle.

"So you could, I don't know, make me feel better about it?" William shot Franco a dirty look.

"You want a feel good friend? You've got Bee," Franco pointed out, "I'm here to dish out the facts."

Franco's wrist gear shuddered, and a projection appeared that said 'Defense - 10...Ottawa District - Ontario Division'

"Defense!" Franco grinned.

"Lucky bastard."

4 HOURS AGO...

'Just about done,' William thought to himself, bored out of his mind. He strolled past Hariya, another guard on duty, and gave a small wave. He found himself standing next to Jule a few minutes later, atop a watchtower. She had bleached blonde hair which was cut short on one side, but fell to her shoulder on the other.

"Ready to ditch this dump?" Jule asked.

"I didn't realize it was almost that time," William lied, "I don't mind this job."

Jule was a superior officer, and he couldn't look bad in front of her.

"Liar."

Lying looked bad.

"I-" William began, but was interrupted by a man with sleek silver hair. His eyes were obscured by goggles, and the rest of his face was covered in a scarf. His body was scrunched up in a black and silver suit.

Swift Silver.

"Whoops. Scout, there's two people here," Swift Silver muttered.

William's voice had left his body. This was Swift Silver! One of the biggest threats the Merin Empire had ever faced. He had torn the organs out of people in milliseconds, leaving them in a wreath around his victims. Surely, William was screwed.

"Wh- You're Swift Silver!" William stuttered.

"SO? Get him!" Jule scowled, flipping back a plate on her forearm so steam escaped. She threw a punch, but Swift Silver zipped around, taking her cuff.

William scrambled for a shockstaff that was propped against the wall, as Swift Silver laid down a sick quip. He charged Swift Silver, only to have him fold it, shocking him. He laid there, frying, waiting for death.

PRESENT...

"Was it as boring as you thought?" Franco asked, tousling William's head full of hair.

"Lay off, Fray," Bee said, elbowing the slim boy.

"He's right, Bee," William admitted, "We all sat around for a solid eight hours. Exhilarating."

"Oh boy," Bee pursed her lips.

"Well Defense was quite the opposite," Franco bragged, "We got in a little skirmish with some Vagabong assholes."

"Language," Bee warned.

"Whatever," Franco scoffed, "Alright, so my squad was just patrolling-"

"Hold on, did you actually do anything in this firefight?" William asked, with a sly grin, "Or did your squad carry you?"

"I'm hurt you think-"

"He was carried," Bee agreed.

"Hey!" Franco protested.

"Come on, knucklehead," Bee said, putting an arm around Franco's neck, "Let's get some dinner."

William trailed them down the stark white halls of the military building. He stopped mid-step, and touched his abdomen, right above his waist. He was cramping. Bad. He pulled up his gray shirt, and saw a small mark. Almost charred. How had that happened? William shook his head, let his shirt down, and caught up with his friends.

Meanwhile, back in the Vagabond's homebase, a fairly tan woman with short, blonde hair had been keeping her attention on multiple, big screens which showcased multiple angle points and views of NewMerica. One of the screens showing Swift Silver and his team successfully completing their mission.

"Everything has been going according to plan," Katrina murmured to herself, "Though, Swift should really be focusing more on his mission. His arrogance may be his downfall, and all of Vagabond entirely. I will definitely scold him when he returns, even if he is a great combatant he needs to learn to take some of his actions more seriously, but for now I should return to my attended duties."

Katrina then walked away from her screens, and turned to a table filled with robots that seemed to mimic spiders. She grabbed some pliers and immediately started working on the tiny robots. As soon as she pulled the pliers away from the mechanical organism, she grabbed a remote and pressed a button. Immediately soon after, the spiders lined-up in a perfectly horizontal order.

"K-Models 591A-591Z successfully completed," Katrina stated, "All models seem to be functioning properly, but I'll do some field-tests on the voice-command function." Katrina then turned her direction on the big screen, which showed what each K-Model was looking at. "Zoom in. Zoom out. Night Vision Mode Activate," Katrina commanded. The tiny robots then did exactly what Katrina told them to do. "Great, it seems like the voice-command function is a success," Katrina said, "And with the tweaks that I've done, other members lf Vagabond should be able to utilize the voice-command function on K-Models 591A-591Z."

Katrina then went back to observing NewMerica through her multiple surveillance cameras.