• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Streak of Light (Dystopian Superpower RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

The RP should be coming out soon.
And I assume that Katrina was counted as a successful experiment and "brainwashed" (which wouldn't work due to her high intellect)? Because otherwise she would have been killed.
I mean...I guess? I don't really get this, but if that's what works for your story then that's how it'll be.

Well if a test subject is identified as having a Streak, the doctors then brainwash the subject into serving the Morin Empire, making them a soldier.
Oh, I'm sorry for not getting that (very simple) plot point. Then, yeah, I guess it should work that her high intellect countered the brainwashing.

Sorry that it's going to take so long, but I don't think I'll be making this RP until the 25th. I'm going to Ontario on the fourteenth for two weeks with very limited internet (unless I get access to a computer over the weekends which I kinda doubt but) and I don't really want to begin a super-involved roleplay before that. Sorry for the wait, guys!

That's fine. I've got H.E.R.O. to tide me over :D

As long as it's up at some point, I'll be happy. In the time between now and then, maybe I'll get more friends for Merin.

No one is in the Merin Empire anyways, so I just left mine fairly contained. Unless you're talking about Eeveechu's, in which case I don't think we need interaction right off the bat. Maybe use a post to set up your character, then end with a possibility for interaction. Idk.

Name: Merry-weather Alice (prefers to go by Alice)
Appearance: Alice is 6'0 with a less than scrawny build. Her hair is semi curled but otherwise unruly with only her hair streak to be perfectly straightened out. she enjoys wearing purple sweaters and long pants to hide her skin. She prefers to wear her regularly unbuttoned lab coat that is while pristine white on the outside has multiple blotches of dried blood on the inside. While she does well have fairly flawless skin on her arms and legs, her torso is heavily scarred with one wound that looks like a bullet hole between her chest.

Personality: For people who don't know her they are surprised to the point some people think she has split personality disorder. When talking to people she cordially does or does not know She is extremely docile and almost expressionless. she would rather perform an action then say how she feels during the time. On the hand, when she thinks she is being corned or needs to act aggressive she becomes intensely hostile. She has no qualms resorting to violence finds it impossible to back down when threatened. besides her fluctuating mood. She has a fascination for all types of biological science and tends to pursue something if she thinks it will lead to a scientific breakthrough.

Home: NewMerica
Allegiance: None but she can be persuade if it allows to further her research.

Streak: Bronze
Backstory: Alice did not grow up in a well off neighborhood. She lived in a broken down home and her parents were drug addicts. With such exposure early on, Alice stole a few drugs from her parents and used them on herself. Not only did she love the feel but was curious on why it made her feel better. She began to research various ways on how the drug worked by testing it on rats and insects. She began to intensively study how each drug worked and began to smuggle more and more. Eventually her parents caught wind of this and kicked her out of the house at the age of nine. With nowhere else to go she ended up in an alleyway becoming a drug dealer, making her own with a little chemistry equipment she had gotten from her birthday once. With little success of customers, she was able to create one or two drugs that had lesser side effects to their counterparts. elated by this she actively sought out a science lab to show her findings. During her travels however at age 13, she was quickly swooped up by soldiers that needed subjects to test Streaks on. After the injection of the Streak they noticed that her mood shifted to an extreme anger or no feeling at all. They would constantly test her strength and defenses with lashes or weapons that would kill a normal person. but where other subjects saw it as torture, Alice would Act as though she was one the experimenters herself. She would commentate openly about how she felt and the possible genes affect her strength. When fighting other subjects of the same Streak she would observe their body and see how far she could go hurting them and trying to find their limit of pain. At some point she started to argue with one of the researchers, stating that she should read the notes as much as they had. When they obviously refused to give her the study notes she entered her viscous mode and wildly attack. she was quickly sedated after she managed to kill one soldier and was unconsciously tested on. The researchers found that the previous drugs still circulating in her blood caused her mind to enter this extreme. She was deemed an unstable failure, had her memory wiped, and dumped into the woods. Somehow surviving, Alice was able to find quiet job as pharmacist, which the owner took her in and taught her medicine. Now she spends most of her time working in the store with an inexplicable desire to figure what happens to her body sometimes. To learn the fullest extent of her and others biology and create the ability for others to use.

Skills: Medicine, Biology

Approved, Sentorus. And sure Rohan, you’ve got it. And Mockingchu guesses correctly, I was hopin for separate introductions. Ideally the Vagabonds should rendezvous back at the base Swift Silver and Scout are headed to.