• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Strawberry Research Team!

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary was getting her small notebook ready to take notes, when she noticed two more people arrive. It was nice to be in the room, she felt like she was back in school. She took out her camera and snapped a picture of Toki floating around, that's when she noticed the Jumpluff. Toki waved back at the plant Pokemon and giggled as she floated around.

"Hello, nice to meet you, my name is Mary, I'm a photographer." Mary said as she held up her camara. "My friend here is Toki, she is a very joyful Pokemon." Mary waited for Toki to let out a cheerful chirp. "Pokemon moves huh? That sounds amazing, I would love to make an album of all the Pokemon moves. I bet different Pokemon have different ways of performing them. Like in contests!" Mary's eyes glowed with excitement as the idea filled her mind.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Many people began moving, so Bron followed them to the meeting location. He took a seat, and with a few pleading glances, managed to have Auro relax enough to sit down himself, although he kept turning around in suspicion. From what Bron heard, a lot of these people are researchers. Made it a bit weird that he, and ranger, was working with them. Sure, he was pretty well-versed in battling, but it's not like he was an expert at pokemon traits.
Still, he was here now, so he may as well try to be a useful as he could, even though he was sure these people had at least 3 PHDs, 3 more than he ever had.

Alistair went into his dorm ,and the first thing he did was examine every single nook and cranny of the room. Examing it. analyzing it. hypothesizing the safetyness of the room. If Alistair was going to stay in this room, it needed to meet his standards of safety protocol which for him, was a very long list. He went through checking off ,and since he was so used to going over his list it only took him a few minutes. Upon satisfying his need for protection and well being he began uunpacking and carefully placing all of his belongings neatly in optimal spots. When all of his stuff was unpacked he let all 4 of his other pokémon loose.

His Eelektross, Farad floated around the dorm room before making himself comfy on the floor surrounding the bed. His dracozolt, Joule sat next to Farad. Ohm sat back to back with Joule and also beside Farad. His Rotom named Amp sat on the bed looking at Joule. Watt and Volt jumped on Alistair's bed ,and began performing flips. Alistair made sure his door was closed then pulled out a strange box. Inside the strange box, was a hidden compartment. This box was a smugglers box. You could smuggle all sorts of items in this box without others knowing. Hence the name. Anyways, upon opening the secret compartment, He pulled out a sink bag, and pulled out a blue sparkly book. The book had titled on it, 'Alistair's diary'. As he wrote in the book, Watt began to pretend to read it ,and Volt sat there watching Alistair's pen move back and fourth.

In his diary he began discussing his trip from Agate Village, Orre to Rustburo, Hoenn. The research facility in Rustburo reminded him of the pokémon hq lab just northwest of his hometown. A large portion of his diary was him ranting about the potential life threatening situations he faced before arriving in Rustboro City. Upon finishing, he slid his pen within the rings of the book, safely placing the book back within the silk bag ,and carefully hiding it within the hidden compartment. Alistair gave all of his pokémon a poffin each which delighted all of them to no end. His pokémon looked happy with the room, which meant Alistair was very happy with it. He left his four other pokémon rest in the room. Little did Alistair know, while he wasn't looking, Amp decided to jump inside his laptop. Amp wanted to join him ,and Alistair would eventually grab his laptop before heading out. Watt and Volt climbed atop Alistair's shoulders as they too wanted to come. "I guess it's time to go to the meeting?" Alistair said nervously. "Pluus!" "Miiin!" Watt and Volt cheered unison.

Upon reaching the meeting room, Alistair nervously looked around for a spot to sit. He sat down ,and placed his laptop down to take notes. Watt and Volt sat on the desk ,and patiently waited what was to some. He saw the camera girl, and a few other people had already arrived to the meeting room. "So this is how it begins" Alistair said staring blankly at his laptop screen. "Rrrrrrotom!" Rotom cheered from inside Alistair's laptop screen. It sat there looking at Alistair awaiting a response. Alistair nearly fell outta his seat when he saw this, "When did you get in there?!... Ah... The meeting is going to start soon. Please don't glitch this laptop too!" Alistair said. "Does anybody know what is going to happen here now?" Alistair asked.

While Windrunner sat still with a pouty look on his face, Pierre smiled back at Mary. "Ah, contests! They're actually very interesting in my studies. You see, most moves are extremely adaptable. For example, Will-O-Wisp is simply spirit energy condensed into a flame. While most trainers use the move as a way to burn the target, it actually can be used in several more ways, such as how wild Ninetales and Lampent use it to lure in prey. I even had my Smeargle use Will-O-Wisp on the way here to warm me up."

Pierre paused for a second to catch his breath before continuing. "What I'm getting to is that contests are the perfect example of the adaptability of a Pokémon's moves. Most of them take on an entirely different context when used in a performance. Take Down goes from a reckless tackle to a show of raw strength, Blizzard goes from a harsh snowstorm to a beautiful rain of snowflakes, Confuse Ray goes from a sinister light meant to disorient the foe to a glowing and unpredictable mess of color! The way these moves are adapted from combat techniques to performance spectacles is truly amazing!" Pierre stopped himself. "I... I'm sorry. I don't really get to talk to people about contests very often..." He lowered his head, clearly embarrassed by his rambling. "So, uh, you're a photographer? What kind of photos do you usually take?" He asked, desperate to change the subject.

Alex was ok with the idea of having a dorm, though he did have the means to get a place of his own. Taking his keycard, Alex found his room and stepped in. The room was pretty plain, so some decorating was in order. Since there was some things that where brought from his home, he had found not only his instruments, and art supplies that where boxed up. The time for meeting came, so making his way out of the room, Alex with Lady Luck on his shoulder found a seat in one of the front section. Seeing that there were not many non researchers, so his feelings of being out of place, and it made him draw into himself.

Neon looked to his left and raised an eyebrow as two people began talking about pokemon moves. Huh. Interactions tend to start quickly around here. Neon thought to himself. He looked at the fidgety boy near him who asked what was going to happen. Neon simply shrugged in response. He looked at the two who were talking. One was a girl with dark brown hair and the other was a somewhat skinny boy with long black hair. There was also a Togetic and a Jumpluff. Well, if we're all going to be working together, it's best if I introduce myself. Neon thought. "Hiya!" He said suddenly, awakening Aurora, who was taking a short nap. "My name's Neon, and Glaceon here is Aurora." He said. Aurora tilted her head to the side, eyes glistening with curiosity as she looked at the two people. "I'm a trainer and a researcher. I research mega evolution, which I won't get into because I'll just ramble on and on." He said with a laugh. "You guys are?" He asked, trying to be formal, but most likely not pulling off the formal manner and way of speaking. (Sorry if this post is mediocre, I kind of rushed it.)

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary nodded and listened carefully to Pierre's talk. She was really into it until the conversation ended. She giggled at his apology and shook her head to let him know it was okay, but before she could say anything they were joined by Neon.

"Oh hi Neon, I'm Mary and this is Toki." She gestured towards her Togetic, that was floating around with a big smile. "Mega evolution sounds amazing! I hope I got some pictures of that." She looked at Pierre. "To answer your questions, I usually get hired for events or shows to take pictures. Sometimes small research groups, Pokemon contests or the Pokemon League, those are my most recent I guess. I take pictures for fun and for work, but I guess I really enjoy it so it's never work."

Alistair sat there quietly. He wasn't sure what to say so he continued to listen. Their were all sorts of people from coordinators, to photographers, to artists ,and even talk about mega stones. Alistair heard of those, but he still wasn't quite sure what to think of them. Strange stones that give pokémon temporary power, but at what cost? Alistair didn't ask.

He began typing a storm on his keyboard. Alistair's hobbies weren't flashy, but he still enjoyed performing them. Meteorology and book writing. Not a lot of people read Alistair's books. Though to be fair, at least this way there weren't have many critics. As he typed away, Amp was just floating inside his computer screen casually looking around. Watt and Volt had started another game of tag ,and were running in circles around Alistair's laptop. Alistair would occasionally look over at Watt and Volt to make sure they weren't going to do anything foolish enough to get themselves or anyone else hurt.

Pierre breathed a sigh of relief, as Mary actually seemed interested in what he had to say. He was about to speak up before the two were joined by a rather tall young man, who introduced himself as Neon. "It's nice to meet you, Neon. My name's Pierre, I research Pokémon moves. My Pokémon here is Windrunner, Wind for short." Pierre responded. Wind waved an arm at Neon cheerily. "Pluff!" The Jumpluff said.

"So, you research Mega Evolution? I haven't much knowledge on the phenomenon myself." Pierre continued. "It's great to have such a diverse set of skills and variety of knowledge between us. It'll surely make our research efforts that much more fruitful." His attention was taken by Mary answering the questions he had asked previously. "I wish I could say the same. As much as I love my work, it can get very exhausting at times," Pierre said, seeming a bit tired.

Sera followed Professor Strawberry when she called for the tour, slightly relieved. She was so worried about getting judged further if she continued talking. That and they didn't really seem to care, Alistair's seemingly to completely ignore her after meeting Mary as her proof. She found herself seeing Alistair's reaction to when he first found out her feild of research more and more negative. She gave a sigh and walked further away from the two. They probably didn't want her around anyway. At least she was given a huge opportunity, and she was more than happy with that.

After the tour, she entered her dorm and released Thunder. He gave a yawn and stretched, electricity flashing from his paws as he did so, and then looked at his trainer. Sera smiled at the Luxray, him being almost as tall as she was. She knew she needed to get going to the meeting soon, but she wanted a few minutes with her two Pokemon. She technically had three, but Ill wasn't exactly "tamed", the Beedrill was still highly aggressive towards everyone, including her.

She sat on the couch, Thunder at her feet and Lass on her lap, when she noted how plain the room was. If she was going to spend a lot of time there, she should do something about her room, of not, a few decorations should suffice. She then looked at the clock, trying to figure out when to leave. She seriously didn't want to go, but she had to. It was mandatory, right? That's what she gathered. She sighed as she stood up, Lass reentering her bag. "Well boy, I have to get going now. You get settled down, ok?" She said as she scratched behind Thunder's ear, him leaning into it. She stood back up and walked to the door of her room.

Thunder stood up and followed her. Sera considered telling the Luxray no, that he should stay there, but the possibility of him completely ignoring her with that was high. Besides, she liked his company. The three walked out of the dorm and headed to the meeting. When she got there, there were already several people there. She just stood there, she probably was the one holding them back, right? Sera felt something nudge her shoulder. Thunder. He simply strode into the room without, and she followed. Sometimes, the Luxray was correct. She sat down at the table, Thunder laying behind her chair, and was silent. She felt like she interrupted some sort of conversation.

During the tour, DT was carefully listening to the professor and noting everything to his notebook. Meanwhile Rider was making sure that his trainer won't hit the wall while doing so.

Each second Damian thought that he can't wait to work with everyone. When the tour was over, he went to his room and start to unpack his things that arrived here before him... And there were lots of books, notes and pictures of pokemons. Damien didn't really check time and as he suddenly noticed he is gonna to be late soon. He rushed to the meeting room.
"I am sorry! Did I arrive on time?" he asked the people that were already sitting here.

Alistair looked around the room, and still couldn't think of what to tell anyone. His mind was racing on the subjects they would talk about. He noticed Sera had walked in. They had spoken earlier, but the conversation ended abruptly with the tour. Alistair wasn't about to bring it up, seeing how he forgotten what they had spoken about. Alistair sat, and looked over at Sera, "What do you think about this place so far?" Alistair asked. Watt and Volt looked over at Thunder, and let out an excited cheer in unison. Watt hopped down to greet the luxray, and Volt landed on Watt's shoulders. They both waved at the pokémon. Amp sat in Alistair's computer floating around looking back and forth at Sera and Thunder.

Alistair heard Damion's voice, and looked over, "your fine... The meeting hasn't even started so your early? I think??" Alistair said trying not to sound nervous.

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary waved with a friendly smile as she saw more of the group walk in. She didn't really know everyone yet but she wanted to leave a nice impression about herself. Toki was doing the same, floating around and waving at everyone she could. The Togetic was happy to see so many people gathering around.

"Hi Sera!" Mary called out, like if they hadn't seen each other for a while.

Professor Strawberry finally walked in, her assistant followed quickly behind her. She took her spot at a desk that was towards the front of the room, leaving a big empty wall next to her. She discussed something with her assistant, before dispatching her. The professor took a deep breath as she stood in front of everyone with a nice smile and her hands in front of her.

"Welcome everyone! In case you still don't know, I'm Professor Strawberry. I am a leading researcher in the field of Pokemon." She giggled. "It's not because I want to brag, but I earned that title and I will use it." She was obviously trying to be funny. "Now, you all know the main purpose of this project, but just in case here it goes. We are to explore the world and solve as many mysteries as possible!" Her eyes were filled with glow as she became inspired. "Pokemon are amazing creatures and have lived with us for such a long time, yet we still have a lot too learn about them! We still don't know where Pokemon eggs come from even though we have breeders, we still don't fully understand still evolution despite all the trainers and there are new species being discovered every time!" She took a deep breath to calm down. "Now let's get to business." She stepped to the side as a projector turned on and showed an airplane.

The airplane looked small, like a personal jet. It was white with a red line that went from the front to the tail. It had "Strawberry Team" written on the side and the picture of an Electrode on the tail.

"This will be your transport from region to region." She then pressed a button and a different picture came up. It was a Furret. "The rest of the time I expect you to walk or find your own way around. The reason why is because you might have a certain goal in mind but you never know what mysteries might appear in front of you and I expect you all to jump on them right away!" She switched to the next image, one of the assistant wearing a swimsuit at a beach. Professor Strawberry laughed and switched to another one, where she was wearing an explorer outfit and standing in front of a ruined building. "Sorry about that, here is my first mission ever in Cinnebar, Kanto. We explored a burned down mansion and found many Pokemon living in it. The original idea was to go explore the cause of why the volcano had exploded and we ended up exploring this place. It's just an example of what amazing discoveries you can make by accident." She clicked the remote and a picture of the labs from outside came up. "Now you are all part of the biggest research team ever, all your data will be sent to us here at the lab, which we have scientist ready to examine it all. Including myself of course. So remember, everything you see, hear or even taste, can have an unexplained reason behind it's existence and I expect you all to figure it out!" She had a big grin on her face as she clicked the button one more time. A picture of the Kanto region appeared. "Now, for your first mission. I hope you all like shopping, because you're all going to Celadon! There has been an great increase of poison type Pokemon, specially Grimer and Koffing, gathering in the city. We all agree it is probably because of pollution, it has been for many years, but when I say increase, I mean a 200% increase in the population, some of them are fully evolved, but the majority are babies who have recently hatched." She showed a picture of a Muk with baby Grimers. "We will need a baby or two captured and a Muk so we can examine them here. I expect information on their reasons for gathering, behavior, evolution, food, habitats and well everything!" The projector went off and Professor Strawberry looked at the group. "Any questions?"

Donatello eventually decided to leave his dorm room and let his Pokemon stretch before they get returned to their Poke balls. For now, he thought it might be best to socialize, but he was worried that he spent a bit too much of his time with his Pokemon before he heard Professor Strawberry introduce herself once again and explain what it was he and the others were about to do. Donatello nodded through most of what she said and paid no mind to the unusual beach one, when she explained about the increase in Poison types, he scoffed at how some humans were so irresponsible with the environment, but somewhat comforted that some Pokemon were able to still benefit. As Professor Strawberry mentioned questions, all he did was stay silent as he couldn't think of anything to ask.

"Well, there is a famous hypothesis that raise of poison type pokemon population mostly depends on amount of toxins and pollution in enviromenth and Kanto is in fact one of the most polluted regions, maybe a reason for being so many poison pokemon in that region is that they had adapted through time and became poison types. Don't you think its interesting? Although pollution is a serious problem, poison pokemon seems to be able to survive there and..." Damien started a long monologue as he simply loved talking about pokemon and their lives in nature, during this he was drawing a muk patting little grimer picture out of listening about task.
When he was to continue, Absol bite him softly in the hand and Damien remind himself, where he is. He blushed out of embarrassment and looked at the ground.
"S-sorry... I-i got carried away... A bad habbit of mine..." he said quietly.
"I don't have any question..."

Last edited:
'Great Celadon city, a big place like that is sure to know of my true identity.' He hoped that he did not have too many fans there that would cause a mob to form. Alex was hoping that he had less fans in Kanto then he did when he had gotten off of the plane in search of Professor Strawberry's research lab, as it was a bit taxing to have had to deal with that.

Sensing that Alex was in a bit of a struggle with himself, Lady Luck snuggled into his neck to comfort him, as she was sitting on his shoulder. It was touching to feel that love that he reached up a hand to pet Lady.

Raising his hand, Alex felt that he had to ask. "So you are saying that we can find our own paths to help with your research, how would you like us to send this information to you? Some of us do not have have a flying type that can handle a cross continent journey. I know that I would not want to be away from them anyway as they are away to deliver it to your lab."

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary nodded to every sentence the professor said, taking as much mental notes as possible. She had never taken pictures of Grimer or Koffins, so this was a great opportunity for her album to expand. She also wondered if the babies were cute, unlike the evolved forms. She also giggled when she saw Damian's rant.

"That's okay Damian." Professor Strawberry said. "That's the enthusiasm I want to see!" She then gave her attention to Alex. "Well we have computers and internet. Just email the information to my lab and the scientist here will take care of the rest." She turned to make sure no more questions were asked and then smiled. "Well! This mystery isn't going to solve itself, get to work!"

Just like that the research team was guided to the airplane and flown to Kanto. It was a long flight, or so it seemed to Mary, since they watched about three movies on the way. Once they got to the airport, a representative of the lab greeted them and took them to their Hotel. Celadon city was huge and filled with people, but the sky was a gloomy gray, and not because of clouds. This didn't seem to effect the citizens though or the Pokemon.

Once everyone had settled in their own hotel room, they were asked to meet down at the lobby. Mary arrived with Michi on her shoulder, they took a sit and she began checking her camara, cleaning the lenses and making sure it was working properly.

Damian nodded to proffesor and left off to his room for a short while.
He took his time as he was preparing for his first task.. First mission.
He decided to take only Rider with him for this adventure, as it shouldn't take long or be too hard.
He quickly prepared a 'trash' flavoured food for poison pokemons as bait, if they would be afraid to come closer. His 'number 18' notebook and pencil.

He barely catched up to the rest before plane left, but it was worth it. He slept all the way to Kanto. Huge Celadon wasn't a kind of city that he liked and hoped not to be too long in it. He just never liked big, loud cities.

After he left his hotel room and went to lobby, he looked more like 'human' and less like a 'disaster' mainly thanks to sleeping in plane and taking care of himself in the room.
He noticed Mary doing something with her camera and became as usually curious.
"Hey, Sorry to ask out of sudden... Mind showing me some pics of pokemons from this camera of yours?" he asked kind of shy, without stating his reason, why he want to see them.

Teyeu walked down the streets of the expansive Celadon City. He was only visiting for a while to see some family, but decided he might as well check out the city while he got the chance. He walked into a few stores, impulsively bought a bunch of things he didn't really need, and shoved them into his pockets, which were stupidly deep in depth. He was walking down the street, getting distracted by basically anything he looked at. His Dewott, Waals, was having to run and catch up to him constantly, which made it a bit ticked off, but it continued after him.

Teyeu eventually found himself down a completely different street, with Waals having to shove people out of the way to catch up to him. He didn't really know what he set out to accomplish, but as he passed a hotel, he had a sudden urge to go look inside the lobby. Waals finally caught up to him and angrily hit Teyeu's knee's with it's shell multiple times. Teyeu was too distracted by the assortment of people he saw inside, all of which looked like they were part of something important. But after surveying the people, before anyone could even notice, he was at the snack machine, scoping out the assortment of goods inside. Waals shot an aggravated look at a few people before walking over to Teyeu. After acquiring several things from the vending machine, Teyeu corrected the position of his sword, which was violently reflecting the glare of the lights in the ceiling, before getting distracted more by the assorted art in the hotel lobby.

Sera opened her mouth to answer Alistair, though a bit confused since she thought he rather talk to people other than her, before she was interrupted by Professor Strawberry. She listened inventively about the Grimer research while Thunder gave a soft, caring growl at Watt. She didn't want to give up a slot on her team that could potentially be used for a shiny Pokemon. She wanted to ask if she could not be one of the people catching a Grimer, but she didn't want to seem selfish. She sighed as she was sent off onto the plane.

"It isn't too bad here," Sera told Alistair as she walked to the plane. Thunder made an attempt to get Watt to ride on his back. "Sorry for not answering earlier, the professor came it."

For the rest of the trip, she was silent, looking over her notebook and writing things down. She understood why many would look down on her feild. There wasn't much to go off of. She then got settled in her hotel room and went into the lobby, Thunder in tow and Lass in her bag. She sat down, unsure of what to say to either of the two there in the lobby.

Pollution and poison had little to no effect on the weather. There was some speculation and hypothesizing ,but that was just it. Alistair didn't have much of a clue on what they would learn, though he was willing to put his best foot forward and try. Alistair looked over at Sera, then looked at Professor Strawberry. "Pollution is definitely bad for your health. You don't wanna breath that stuff in! It's bad for your lungs! You could develop health problems! I hope we aren't going to any hazardous zones or anything" Alistair nervously thought to himself.

In the meantime, Watt happily took Thunder up on it's offer for a ride. Watt extended his hand to help Volt climb aboard as well. Both cheered in unison. Amp smiled as it saw them.

If they were going to go aboard a plane, Alistair would need to get his other pokémon. Alistair went back to his room ,and saw his other pokémon chilling in his room. Alistair sent his four pokémon back to their pokéballs(Watt and Volt remained out of their balls). Alistair followed the others, they eventually boarded the plane. Alistair looked over at Sera, "I hope so! It seems safe enough. Don't count your torchics before they hatch though! Emergencies happen at any time! Always be careful! Always be alert! Always have emergency tools medical supplies, first aid kit! You never know when your gonna need it!" Alistair yelled in a panicked tone.

He stopped only because he almost ran out of air ,and afraid he would suffocate if he didn't breath real soon. Alistair took a moment to realize he needs to calm down ,and not freak out others. Alistair took a moment to think carefully on what he was going to say in hopes of defusing a potentially bad situation, "That stuff isn't going to happen though cause there are safety measures in place! No need to worry!" Alistair said hoping to look calm. "Safety measures huh? Safety measures are gonna save you? Is that what your thinking Alistair? Put on a life vest, Alistaaaair! Get your oxygen mask! That's totally gonna stop you from burning up when your plane hurls towards the ground at an unbelievable speed! Whoopie Alistair! A safe flight to Kanto! More like a safe flight straight to the distortion world!" Alistair thought to himself. Alistair needed to stop thinking to himself. His father warned him that he did this too much. He bit into a piece of chewing gum, and looked out the window.

It took Alistair 10 minutes to get to his seat as immediately upon boarding the plane, he began questioning the pilot, and grading him on his level of qualifications for the upcoming flight. After the Pilot reluctantly answered his questions and passed Alistair's test, Alistair agreed to take his seat. The entire flight, Alistair made it a living hell for the stewardess. Constantly asking questions in regards to safety procedures, safety guidelines, flight regulations, ,and many more. Alistair took a deep breath air upon leaving the airport. He also took a bite out of a pepperoni pizza slice as he bought one from one of the food venders within the airport. 'Not-So-Slow-Pizza-bros' (A reference to slowbro and pizza pro/my favorite pizza restaurant ).

After arriving to Celadon City, it seemed decent enough. The weather was alright ,and the place seemed normal as any other town. It was kinda nice actually. Alistair even kinda enjoyed the sights. From the tall buildings to the bright flashing lights. It was pretty. At the lobby, Alistair was more calm ,and relatively carefree. Not completely carefree ,but close enough. He wasn't going to have any massive panic attacks in the near foreseeable future. He saw a few other people at the lobby already. Alistair tried to put on a brave face, if not for himself, then for his pokémon and new friends.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary looked up, tilting her hide to the side as her mind remembered who she was talking to. "Oh right I would love to, but I always bring a clean memory card when going out, everything is on my laptop. But I can show you afterwards if you like." She smiled while Toki floated around cheering for the people beginning to gather.

"Man I can't believe this. You would think our local police would be able to keep a bunch of stinky Pokemon under control." A hotel employee said out loud as he approached a colleague of his. "I went to pickup some dry cleaning near those famous apartments on the way to the department store, you know which ones? And the smell was so strong I almost threw up. Turns out a battle broke out between a bunch of Muk and Koffing."

Mary's eyes widen as she heard the conversation. "This might be our chance to get some information!" She called out, loud enough for the hotel employees to give her an odd look. "I'm running ahead to get some pictures!" She adjusted her bag and camara as she ran out to the street with Toki flying quickly behind her and Michi running at her side.

After asking for directions and then following the strong foul smell, she soon arrived at a closed down street. She sneaked past the police who were asking people to turn back. As she made her way down an alley, she soon found herself covering her mouth and nose with her mouth, trying to avoid smelling the air. Toki had retired into her Pokeball, unable to stand the stench and Michi hid inside Mary's bag. At the end of the alley, there was a parking lot. There were two huge Muk battling what seemed to be a small army of small Koffing.

"This looks bad." Mary said as she wiped the tears of her eyes, the smell was too strong and had an acid like feeling. "I'll try and get some quick pictures." She said as she knelt and began to aim with her camara.

After Alistair prepared all of his things ,and left his non essential items in his hotel room, he promptly left the hotel. There were two law enforcement driving down the street. No doubt on patrol. Alistair didn't need them for any particular reason at the moment, but he had his phone on hand in case he ever needed to call the police. As Alistair walked down the street, an officer was just down the street telling people to turn around. Alistair Decided to turn around. Alistair walked down ,and turned around the corner of the street when he saw some yellow tape blocking off an alleyway.

There were cops around thd other side but not this side? Either way Alistair had no interest in seeing why it was there. So he decided to ignore it, but Watt and Volt wanted to see, and kept gesturing over to it. As they headed another nearby alleyway, Alistair smelled an awful stench that was not too far ahead. Alistair pulled out a can of flabebreeze (Flabebe + fabreeze) ,and began spraying it ,but didn't even dent the smells.

"Get outta here Alistair! Get out now! Get out! Get oooouuuut! get oooouuuut! Get out! You don't wanna diiiiie do you?! Stupid! Move your fat rear and go!... Wait... look at those pokémon fighting"
Alistair thought to himself. When Alistair saw the two wheezing. Alistair yelped in a way that could only be comparable to a 5 year old child's scream. After the tone of his voice went back to normal, He watched the wheezing fight off grimer with somewhat shock, and slight horror.

Neither the grimer nor the wheezing seemed interested with Alistair's presence at the moment as they were too invested in the fight to pay Alistair any attention. He got occasional glares ,but they didn't move towards him ,and focused on each other. Though it seemed like a matter of time before the winners would turn their sights towards Alistair. Watt and Volt were hyped and ready to go, but stood by watching and waiting for Alistair to give a command. Alistair on the other hand didn't want to escalate the situation.

Teyeu noticed the two head out, so he let out Scratch and asked it to follow them. Scratch hastily nodded, and took off. Teyeu returned Waals to its Net Ball and followed Scratch before it could try and pickpocket everything it saw. Eventually, Scratch led him down a few alleyways, before Teyeu heard a scream that was odd.
"What in the name of Arceus is that?" He wondered, running faster.
He ducked and weaved around various safety measures, trying not to trip over anything.

Teyeu arrived, quickly returning Scratch as it had its eyes locked on the boy he saw in the lobby, as it usually had when it was about to pickpocket. He considered letting out Wave, but decided against it because Wave tended to make things fly away. He instead let out Lumen, who sparked energetically. He looked around to see Koffing, Muk, Wheezing and Grimer all duking it out. He gazed at it in awe, before realizing that this wasn't the greatest thing to happen.
Lumen gave a glare that started to intimidate the battling pokemon, who started to battle a bit further away from it. Teyeu also held onto Dusty's pokeball, in case he needed to send it out for an Earthquake. He hardly ever does this, as Dusty's earthquakes in cities tend to cause buildings to fall, and he already got fined a hell of a lot for accidentally causing a city wide earthquake that costed the city a lot of trouble. He took a better look at the two who got here first, wondering why they'd rush into a situation such as this one.

During the flight, Neon fell asleep while Pulsio just kinda sat there, probably meditating. Once they arrived in Celadon City, they were taken to a hotel and were told to wait in the lobby. Neon planned on doing just that, until Mary decided to run off somewhere, Alistair and Teyeu following. "What the..." He said, returning Pulsio to his pokeball. He followed behind them stealthily, making sure to avoid being seen by police officers as they were telling people to stay back. He arrived at the scene, the 3 others already there, but not doing anything about it for some reason. Well, the professor did say we needed to catch a few for research. No time like the present! While covering his nose and mouth with his hand, he let out Titan, his Metagross. "Titan, just do your thing." Neon said through a few coughs. Titan was robotic and didn't have a nose, so it couldn't be incapacitated by the smell. It nodded and leapt up in the air, then coated itself in blue aura and charged full speed at one of the Muks. (Meteor Mash) The attack succeeded and Titan carried the Muk with it through the air and then slammed it into a wall. However, due to Titan's incredible power, they went sailing through the wall, continuing to go through the building. They eventually stopped after they lost momentum. Titan then slammed the Muk onto the ground and pinned it. By instinct, the Muk tried to throw a sludge bomb at it, but Titan simply swept the attack aside with one of its arms, receiving no damage thanks to type immunity. While Titan had the Muk pinned, it repeatedly stomped on it brutally. (Stomping tantrum) The Muk stopped moving after a few seconds, ko'd. Titan picked it up with one arm and threw it through a window. It landed in front of Neon, who then grabbed a pokeball from his bag and tapped it on the Muk, catching it easily. Neon sighed. "Those broken walls and windows might be a problem....we should scram as soon as this situation is over and done with." He said aloud, talking to the 3 people next to him. Meanwhile, Titan leapt out of the large hole in the building it had made and charged at some of the Koffings. It used Meteor Mash on one, this time in the form of a single punch instead of an all out charge. This caused the Koffing to go sailing into a wall, knocked out. Neon tossed a pokeball at that one as well. Titan kept punching Koffings, taking care of them with relative ease. After it had ko'd about 5, it was about to keep ko'ing more, but was interrupted by the other Muk, who tossed a mud bomb at it. Titan looked back at it with a pissed glare. It punched the Muk in the face, using Meteor Mash once more. This caused the Muk to go flying into another alley. Titan leapt up into the air and retracted its arms into its body, then began floating. It flew after the Muk into the alleyway, out of sight for now.

Teyeu noticed the newcomer, partly because Lumen perked up and sparked. Teyeu turned around at the trainer, immediately noticing the Mega Ring on their wrist. Teyeu had heard of them in stories, but had never seen one up close. He gazed at it for a moment, before realizing the newcomer had already started engaging the pokemon, Teyeu immediately saw the Metagross lay havok to the Muk.
"Lumen! Let's go! Use Charge!" Teyeu shouted, before putting Dusty's pokeball back in to the bag, already seeing the metagross causing damage. Instead, out of part impulsivity and part not realizing it, he pulled out Wave's Pokeball. By then, Lumen had finished charging, now having a sharp electric yellow glow.
"Alright Lumen, It's time!" Teyeu shouted, having seemed to be glowing in flames.
"Barbarous bolts,
Purging all,
Who violate the Truth!"
"Now, THUNDER!"

As he shouted the words, the clouds rapidly covered the city and turned a stormy grey.
When he said Thunder, the clouds let loose one, vicious thunderbolt that mainly went after the koffing, as the gas was starting to make him nauseous. The clouds persisted after the bolt, but quite a few (5) of the koffing were taken out. There were still more Koffing after that, but Lumen was too tired to battle, as using charged thunder tended to do so. Surprisingly, the thunderbolt did little damage to the surroundings.
Teyeu returned his Luxray to its ball, and impulsively threw out Wave, before immediately saying:
"wait i don't remember pulling out Wav- SHI-"
Teyeu immediately dropped to the floor, as Wave came out and opened its wings, causing a shockwave (Gust) to hit the area, also breaking all the REST of the windows, causing thousands of shards of sharp glass to fall from the sky.
Wave took a look at the sky, and angrily used its wings as a shield to protect the 4 from falling glass.
Teyeu looked at the four people.
"I may have overdone it a bit there..." he nervously said, scratching his head.
Wave looked at the rest of the battling pokemon, who were now angrily looking at it. Wave responded with an angry look of it's own.

"Let's see if we can run down this alleyway to safety and away from these dangerou-" Before Alistair could finish his sentence a loud thunderous sound could be heard ,and a bright light flashed through the alleyway for a brief moment. Alistair was so frightened he leaped five feet into the air ,and fell to the ground and began crawling as fast as he could, Just narrowly avoiding getting smacked upside the head by a flying muk. He got to his feet and snatched Watt and Volt before running full sprint, "Nope, nope, nope nope! I'm noping outta there! truck that stuff I'm out!" Alistair yelled running away from the momentary flash of thunder. However the wheezing and grimer were still present.

The wheezing were taking out some of the grimer as they came. The grimer had number ,and even though the wheezing were the clear winners, the grimers sheer number was beginning to take a toll on the ever imposing wheezing. Alistair took the oppertunity to crush two tailow with one geodude.

"Watt! Volt! use quick attack to climb over to that fire escape ,and use thunder shock on the wheezing! Both Watt and Volt reached the fire escape, and cheered in unison. They then launched thunder shocks at the wheezing causing their movement to be greatly slowed. "Use discharge to get the rest of the grimer!" One more they cheered as they leaped towards the grimer. Their tails touched causing their discharge attack to gain power. Many of the grimer were paralyzed like the wheezing. A good majority were knocked unconscious ,and a the not paralyzed ones now vented their anger towards Watt and Volt. "Hurry over here guys! and use thunder shock to get the rest of them. There were some more grimer ,but they weren't interested in Alistair nor Watt or Volt. They were heading further into the alleyway.

Watt began doing a happy dance ,and Volt joined in. Alistair watched the pokémon head into the alleyway, but kept a watchful eye over the paralyzed pokémon. Just because they were partially subdued did not make Alistair feel any safer. These were still 4 ft tall giant floating rocks filled with toxins.

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary had just taken her first picture when suddenly people burst into the scene attacking the Pokemon. Toki hid behind Mary while Michi took a fighting stand in front of her trainer. Mary tried to take more pictures but the Pokemon began to get aggressive, to the point they began working together and attacking their common enemies as a team. Two Grimer and a Koffing charged at Mary, she took a quick picture before turning around and running away, Michi and Toki following as fast as possible. Mary believed in running away first and using battles as a last resort.

"Why did you attack them!" Mary cried out as she ran down the alley she had came through.

Then from a building bigger and stronger Muk and Wheezing burst out, looking angry. They were obviously upset about strangers coming into the territory they were just fighting over. The ruckus also caused the local police to start rushing over to the scene.

Titan flew out of the alleyway and tackled the bigger Muk, pinned it to the ground, then used Earthquake, taking it out, along with about 7 other Muk/Weezing who were unlucky enough to be on the ground near it at the time. This Earthquake also caused the closer buildings to wobble a bit, but not fall due to Titan knowing to hold back in order to not cause any more damage. However, despite this, it had still caused a lot of damage to the surroundings. Titan then threw the unconscious Muk into the air and out of sight. Neon returned it when he heard the police, then started running down the alleyway with Mary, wanting to escape as well. Titan was incredibly strong, but made a mess. He needed a pokemon who didn't attract too much attention. Neon decided to let out Prometheus, his Alakazam, who flew alongside them as they ran. "The professor said we needed to catch a few, right?" He said in response to Mary. He held up 6 miniaturized pokeballs in his hand. "I got 1 Muk, 1 Weezing, 2 Grimer, and 2 Koffing." Titan had taken out way more than that, but he didn't need to catch all of them to bring to the professor, only a few. He jabbed his thumb behind him to point at Teyeu. "Not sure why he attacked though, that Noivern kinda made things worse." He said while slightly frowning. "Not like it matters now, we gotta get out of here!" While they were running, Prometheus was using Psychic to toss aside any Muk, Koffing, Grimer, or Weezing that tried to attack them. "Prometheus here can teleport us all away if we need to, but we all gotta agree we actually want to." He said, talking to everyone this time.

Teyeu returned Wave to it's pokeball and instead let out Espurr, his rather unassuming Meowstic. He then ran to catch up to the two, dodging the assaults of other aggravated pokemon.
"Hey, i went into that with absolutely NO context to what was happening! Mr.Bigshot over here looked like he was attacking the pokemon for a good enough reason so i decided that might as well clear a few out the way!" He responded, with Espurr aiding the Alakazam in clearing a safe path for them.
"Regardless, yeah, teleporting out of here would probably be the best idea, id rather not get questioned by law enforcement..." He said, taking the time to hop over a grimer.
"What are you two here for anyways?" Teyeu said, curiously. He looked at Neon, trying to figure out what the deal was with him. "I see that Mega Stone... You've beaten the the Kalos champion haven't you?" He said, trying not to trip over himself.

Alistair observed the wild pokémon. Alistair gave the paralyzed pokémon some cheri berry juice. After healing them, they were more calm ,and not so aggressive towards Alistair. "There you go! That should do it! I wonder what we should do with you guys?" Alistair said in a cheerful tone. Watt and Volt cheerfully climbed atop Alistair's shoulder.

Alistair's bright mood was short lived as a earthquake occurred out of nowhere which scared Alistair to his core. Alistair let out a yell as he ran for cover. Alistair hid inside of a phone booth just outside the alleyway. The wheezing and grimer went to find shelter. Alistair looked around and saw some police officers running to the other side of the block, "What in arceus is going on over there?... Death! Your death if you go over there... is it a pokémon battle?... who cares! Go back to the motel! Now! Now! Now!... but what if someone is in danger?... the only person fixing to be in danger is you! Alistair, if you think a dumb son of a bisharp like you can contribute! I should take a look though... Tske a look at what?! Your corpse?! Your final resting place?!... I'm just gonna take a quick look and run away if something bad is happening" Alistair thought to himself. He bravely, albeit he was shaking as he left the phone booth. Alistair mustered just enough strength to walk to the corner of the street.

He peeped around the corner to see a metagross mount a muk, "nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Heeeeeck no!" Alistair yelled frantically running down the street, but slowly tiptoed back because part of him still wanted to help. Alistair took several deep breaths before stepping out from behind the corner, "Nope!" Alistair said as he stepped back within the comfort of the other side of the building. After spending a minute to mentally prepare himself. Then a little more time to mentally prepare himself because a minute wasn't enough.

Alistair saw a few of the others ,and decided to approach them, "What the mew happened here?! Are you guys okay?! I got some first aid supplies" Alistair said pulling out a couple glittery bandaids with spinda on them from his fanny pack. His fanny pack was a electric blue bag with golden thunder bolts on it which wrapped around Alistair's waist(bag in the front). Alistair held them out, gesturing if anyone needed a few.

Dian was just passing through Lake Acuity in Sinnoh, when the messenger finally reached him. They were out of breath from constant travel for days, but they had finally caught up to him. When they did, they gave him a letter, yelled at him a bit for being so hard to find, and then ran. Dian opened the letter. He didn't like to be interrupted when travelling, but the messenger made it seem pretty urgent.

The letter read that he had been invited to a research team composed of many people from around the world. Even though Dian hated to give up his wandering ways, he knew how big this was for the Synkori region. They very rarely had representation in big international things like this, and their work, particularly that of Dian's mentor Professor Upas, was almost never recognized as legitimate science.

So, Dian rode quickly on Re'em to nearby Snowpoint City and after contacting Professor Upas, he hopped on Storm and set off towards Rustboro. He was unaware of how late he was and of the fact that the team was in Kanto. After a few nights, he arrived in Rustboro, only to find out that the research team had already left for Celadon. So, he and Storm set out again to Celadon, landing at key cities for a break along the way.

When they finally reached Celadon, Dian returned Storm to its ball and released Leo. He had been briefed on his mission during his short time at a Rustboro, but he was more concerned with finding a good place to stay. He took out a piece of paper. “Celadon Hotel, eh?” He read, “Well, that shouldn’t be too hard to find.”

Dian walked towards the biggest buildings in the city while Leo marched alongside him, somehow able to keep up even with its short legs.

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Mary stopped running to catch her breath. She placed her hands on her hips as she took deep breaths, with Toki landing on her shoulder and Michi doing the same pose as her trainer. The girl adjusted her glasses and glared at Teyeu and Neon, how could they be so reckless? She took one long breath, closing her eyes during the procedure and then crossed her arms.

"How can you two do something like that! We can't just destroy things and attack Pokemon! We didn't even have a chance to gather data! I only got two good pictures before you two stormed into the scene!" Mary's cheeks blushed red as she got upset. She then shook her head and pointed at Teyeu. "Wait, who are you?!"

Toki flew over to Alistar and took three bandaids , not because she needed them, but because she thought they would look cute. She giggled and flew back to Mary's shoulder. Meanwhile Michi was glaring with angry eyes at Neon and Teyeu, just like her trainer, with sparks popping on her cheeks.

At some point during the retreat, Lumen had decided to come out of its pokeball on it's own volition, tailing Teyeu and Espurr. Teyeu stopped, not having to catch his breath, and instead returned Espurr to its pokeball.
"Hey! HE started attacking the pokemon before i even arrived! I just thought that was what was SUPPOSED to happen..." He said, pointing at Neon. Lumen locked eyes with Michi, and gave an intimidating glare at it, daring the Pikachu to try anything.
"Regardless, my name is Teyeu. Teyeu Dheilgaarde. I'm a Pokemon Trainer, but i typically look into the Effects of bonds between trainer and pokemon," He said, looking at Mary, partly blushing. "What type of data are you even after? Are you like on some type of research team or something?" He asked, before noticing Lumen glaring at the Pikachu, and wondering when it had the time to escape it's pokeball.

Last edited:
Neon also stopped to catch his breath, as he was sprinting the whole time. He then glared at Teyeu. Neon was normally casual, but the pressure of being chased by wild pokemon and law enforcement, the smell of aforementioned pokemon, and this guy’s hard headedness were making him lose his cool. “I was attacking for a good reason! You were not, you just saw me doing it and said ‘Oh cool, I should do that too!’. It is not very smart to attack with no context on the situation.” Neon told him. Meanwhile, Mako, his Garchomp, popped out of his pokeball for no reason, as he tended to do. Mako saw two pokemon glaring at each other, and decided to counter with a glare of his own, most likely out-glaring the others due to his size and overall scariness. He didn’t really know what was going on, but everyone was angry and he wanted to be angry too. Neon sighed and looked at Mary, becoming slightly more chill as he talked to her because he wasn’t really mad at her. “I technically helped with the research. After all, these pokemon I caught could prove useful to the research, the professor specifically requested some after all. Regardless, my bad. As apologies, I’ll let you hug Yadon. He is very huggable.” Neon said, then grabbed a pokeball and pressed the button in the middle, his Kantonian Slowbro popping out. The Slowbro looked around, unaware of the anger and tension that everyone was feeling, then smiled and walked up to Mary, his relatively short arms stretched out for a hug. (Yay, Slowbro hug! Mary better consider herself blessed.) Neon looked back at Teyeu. “Yes I have, but not many people outside of the Kalos region are aware of that.” He said, answering his question about him beating the champion of Kalos. “Also, yep! Me and Mary are part of a special research team filled with highly elite researchers, travelers, photographers, etc. We’re not the only members of aforementioned team, of course. That guy with the glasses is Alistar, he’s part of the research team as well. There are others back at the hotel as well.” He said, answering the question for the two of them.

Last edited:
Dian arrived at Celadon Hotel, signed in, and dropped off his hiking bag, with all of his essentials, in the room. Then, he took out his trusty Pokédex, equipped with a “Pokémon Type Energy Scanner”. It had been gifted to him by Professor Upas, and he had used it on several occasions on his journeys. If there as an unnatural rise in poison energy (attracting more poison type Pokémon to Celadon), then he would know about it after only a few scans. The real problem would be identifying the source and stopping it.

Dian, with Leo beside him, set out into the city, scanning as he went. He would need a large amount of scans to even accurately identify the energy, so it was going to take a while. He couldn’t help but notice citizens staring at him everywhere he went. “They are wrong, not you. Upas’ theory is genius, and someday everyone else will see that, too.” He thought to himself as he worked. He had been stared at before like this, but he would never get used to it.

"Very soon you will be able to master it, with more practice you could even defeat ikaika"
Victor said to Haunani his eevee while grooming his hairy neck. Victor had been waiting for a while in the surroundings of Celadon for a group of people who came from a professor who knew her master. when seeing that nobody appeared Victor decided to go relax and explore the surroundings and maybe train a bit with the rest of his Pokemon.

This was the third region he was in, apart from Alola and Sinnoh
so it was quite a peculiar experience. Many of those Pokemon he had never seen in his life and some were totally different from those in Alola.

Upon reaching a clear in the forest, Victor pulled his komoo-o from his pokeball. stretching his muscles he prepared to unleash the powerful Z-move of his pokemon, while he performed his pose he thought about all the challenges he made to get where he is. With his clear mind, Victor was ready to unleash the power of his pokemon when a loud noise was heard in the distance, when he lost concentration, Victor got frustrated, he kept his komoo-o in his pokeball and took out his yanmega to take him to investigate the area. Haunani got on his shoulder and together they were flying towards where the sound was coming from, although not without separating much from the ground

Ciel found herself rushing to Celadon Hotel, much to her dismay, since the taxi couldn't get her any further because the streets had been closed off for the poison pokemon causing problems. She knew something like this was likely to happen, but the taxi was faster than she would've been walking all the way from the airport. "I should've...really gotten a flying pokemon...that I could ride!" Ciel cried to no one in particular while panting, doing her best to avoid any person on her way. This caused Sparkle, her Emolga, to poke her head from the front pocket of her messenger bag cry out at her, most likely to yell how Ciel didn't need another flying type.

Ciel only stopped in front of the hotel's doors, catching her breath and fixing some of her hair, although a quick look into her compact mirror revealed that she need more than a small hair fix. She saw quite a bit of people in the lobby as she walked in, but avoided all eyes as she got her key card and speed walked to her assigned room. Mocha and Sparkle both jumped out of her bag to stretch as she went straight to the bathroom to fix herself as quick as possible. Ciel had almost cried to Professor Strawberry while apologizing for being so late, and explaining that she had ended up needing to take a different flight than planned to get to Rustboro. Thankfully the professor had been understanding, and went straight to explaining her first assignment so Ciel could join the team.

As she walked out of the bathroom, Ciel saw her Eevee and Emolga playing chase all over the room before she whistled, effectively stopping both pokemon on their tracks and getting their attention. "Let's go guys, we can't disappoint the professor!" Ciel smiled as both her partners jumped onto her, Sparkle finding a comfortable spot on her head and Mocha snuggling on her arms.

She wasted no time walking back to the lobby and started to question people, trying to find out as much as she could about their reasons for gathering and behavior.

Last edited:
Alistair moved his goggles from around his eyes to around his neck. He looked at the others silently listening, "I'm guessing you three caused those loud noises and stuff? Yikes!" Alistair said As pokémon began popping out of their pokéballs at will, Alistair began slightly scooting back. Watt and Volt cheered in unison. Alistair saw the police coming, "Uuuuggh... guys?! What should we do noooow? Guys?!" Alistair said nervously concerned about the police. "I can't go to jail! I'm not cut out for hard time! I got soft delicate hands that weren't made for manual labor!... Yep... Your gonna die if you go to jail Alistair. You can't even do five pushups Alistair, how are you gonna survive in jail?... Gaaaahh!!!" Alistair thought to himself. Alistair shook his head to clear his mind for a moment.

Last edited: