• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Still actively using the Dream World?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Subject says all, really. I'm curious who's still keeping up with it and who's dumped it entirely.

In the month that the Dream World has been active, I gotta say that my activity on it has taken a nosedive.

Initially the mini-games were kinda fun, and collecting the Dream World Pokemon was cool. Then I started to get bored of the mini-games, but I kept with the Dream World for the Pokemon and berries. Now, I can't even motivate myself to seek out the Pokemon anymore and the ONLY reason I find myself still using it is to grow my berries. I might have a slightly different attitude once I reach that 7,500 pts mark for Growlithe, but for now it's just so... draining.

All I can wonder is why they haven't bothered updating the mini-games yet, or at the very least why they didn't give each of the areas unique games.

But that's just my feelings on it. Someone give me hope that we aren't all feeling like this? :x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I still actively use it, although now that I've finally reached the 10,000 points mark my activity may start to dip. Because I've been doing the Dream World pages on the Wiki which I'll now shamelessly advertise here, I've kept up my activity to access all its features. There are still a couple of Dream World Pokemon I'm after, and I'll continue to use it for berries even if I don't go on every day.

One thing that does bug me, is that there seems to be a very heavy bias towards male Pokemon. I can interact with every Pokemon I come across, and there have been times when not a single one of them has been female. I wonder if this happens to anyone else, or does the Dream World just hate me so? :V

The Mini Games annoy the crap out of me now. It's come to the point that just seeing that a Pokemon wants me to enter that darn Flying Race makes me die inside. Out of spite I even played through one Flying Race hitting all the Electric drops instead of the Water ones. I felt better after that >:D

I've not got the point yet where I find it a chore, although the excitement I had for it originally has gone. New areas, games and Pokemon will no doubt interest me, and I'm looking forward to collecting my Jolteon tomorrow (even though I'm disappointed to find out all the Eeveelutions from the event are male).

But yeah, I've only maintained an almost daily trip to the Dream World because of my work on the Wiki needing me to. Flying Race needs to burn. I disliked Pelipper to begin with. Now I loath and despise it completely D:<

Sooort of. I used it every day for a couple of weeks, and suddenly just stopped going on it. I'm definitely going to start going on it again though, seeing as there are those eeveelutions to get. The trouble is, there are very few minigames, and doing them over and over gets very tedious. Also, the one per day use, hour limit is incredibly annoying.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If anything, I've actually started using the Dream World more now that I've unlocked the second route. I've honestly never had the "hour a day" thing come into play for me - I usually stop playing long before my hour is up. It helps that I can generally will the Dream World into giving me female Pokemon by directing enough threatening vibes of death and destruction towards it, or the RNG just likes me.

That said, there is a few things I really don't like about it. The minigames deserve a mention since I found out much to my irritation that different areas don't have different mini-games - same four in every god-damn zone. The ice-cream stacking and sky race games are my two favourites since they're simple and quick usually (and I pwnz0rz at both of them,) but the Pokemon search game is extremely tedious and dull and I now avoid the Wailord game like the plague because it - once again - is an abysmal version of Arkanoid in essence.

This doesn't bother me that much overall though. What really pisses me off is the fact that I'm not allowed to choose which zone to enter when going to the Island of Dreams - it picks at random for me. I'd love to know what moronic asshole thought this was a good idea, because this is right up there with tripping in Brawl. It's so bad it almost ruins the whole thing for me.

...I bet it was the same person who took the Lv.100-All option out of Wi-Fi too. Someone's getting fired.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Silver Magpie said:
(even though I'm disappointed to find out all the Eeveelutions from the event are male).

You're kidding me. That's just lame.

That basically ruins any chance of people trying 'em out competitively. You'll either need to be incredibly lucky with your stats, or it just ain't happening.

I hope that isn't a trend with all of their other special distributions. =|

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Japan is getting a new event, where you can play a new mini game, with the possibility of four new Pokemon. One of those Pokemon is Eevee. So assuming we also get that event at some point, I assume that'll be our chance to snag a female Eevee. But yeah, according to Bulbapedia all the Eeveelutions from the current giveaway are male. I hope they're wrong :V

I've gotten all male Pokemon except for two--my Ponyta and my Stantler. I've bred my Ponyta like mad since Stantler isn't compatible with any of my Pokemon. The offspring are going to be GTS fodder. >:D

I go on about every other day. I water my berries, check dream maps to swap items, and peruse the forest for Pokemon. I like the Dream World. It is mostly a nice distraction from the day and normal gameplay for me. For one, I get to decorate a house! :D